Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

teen witch posted:

it sucks the uh, quote attributor is no poo poo :catdrugs: but “great tits and an ashkenazi IQ” is one of my favorite phrases.

Carry on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqO8Yh5Ngqg

You can see the fight or flight response literally turning on in his eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

teen witch posted:

it sucks the uh, quote attributor is no poo poo :catdrugs: but “great tits and an ashkenazi IQ” is one of my favorite phrases.

Carry on

RIP Robert Z’dar

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Found it again. Poor Torkbuzz.

TIFU by getting married (as a surprise) during my friends wedding reception.

quote:

So, I made a blunder that has caused me a lot of trouble in the past few months, and although I think people are overreacting I wish I had not done it.

I was the best man at my friend, Torkbuzz's (fake name), wedding awhile ago. Me and Torkbuzz have been friends for over 15 years.
I had been dating my then-girlfriend for 4 months, and we decided to get married. I had the idea to just do it as a quick surprise at the reception for Torkbuzz's wedding. Just hire a online minister to do it quick, it'd take 5 or 10 minutes. It would save me and my wife money from having to pay for a fancy wedding, and I thought Torkbuzz and his new wife and the guests would get a kick out of it. I thought they'd be happy about it and get the chance to celebrate a Double Wedding.

So during the reception I stood up and said I had a quick announcement. I then got everyone to gather around, and I said "Oh my god, it's a Double Wedding!" In the tone of that famed "double rainbow" video. Nobody quite got it yet, but then I had the minister start going. Everyone seemed to be respectful but what I see in hindsight is that it was actually awkward silence. It took less than 5 minutes, but I married my wife.

I then shouted "Let's get this Double Wedding back to Partying!" Or something like that.

Immediately I could tell the vibe of the wedding was off. Everyone was shooting me dirty looks and I could tell they were talking about me. I thought everyone would be happy about my special day.

Obviously, I hosed up.

A few minutes later my best friend pulls me outside and he is full on IRATE. He is yelling at me saying "what the gently caress is wrong with you" and "you ruined the loving thing" and "my wife is crying on her wedding day!!" I tried to explain myself but he wouldn't have it, he made me and my new wife leave. Kicked out of our own double wedding.

I got all kinds of poo poo from everyone, blowing up my phone. Calling me all kinds of things. My best friend and his wife told me not to contact them "for awhile". This hurts my feelings a lot because he is my best friend, I care about him and this was my greatest friendship and I miss hanging out.

I really did not mean to ruin a wedding or cause harm, I honestly thought of it as a "bonus" that would make their wedding even more fun and memorable than it was. I thought it would bring joy to them. I truly think they are overreacting but now that I see how it went down I'd give anything to go back in time and not try a Double Wedding, I ruined a friendship with my poor mistake.

TL;DR - Surprise got married during the reception of my best friends wedding. Went badly.

Thumbtacks fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 25, 2021

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Torkbuzz (fake name)

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Thumbtacks posted:

Kicked out of our own double wedding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e5jPPnm4V8

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

drat made getting married after 4 months the least stupid thing he did that day

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

I made someone else's big celebration all about me, gosh why is everyone upset???

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.
Me [25F] with my SO [27M] kinda grossed out by his oral hygiene!

quote:

I've been with this guy for a while now and I've noticed that he doesn't ever brush his teeth. For me oral hygiene is important, and I get super self-conscious if my teeth aren't clean when I'm kissing or if my breath isn't fresh. I even started trying to brush my teeth while he's in the room to make it obvious he could do that too, but he never picks up on the hint. His teeth are kinda yellow where he doesn't floss, and this weekend I caught a glimpse of the back of his teeth while we were in bed together, and they're black! Surely that's super gross why doesn't he clean his teeth? FYI his breath doesn't smell at all like tooth decay which is kinda weird but at least good. I don't know how to talk to him about it without making it sound like i'm attacking him, and I don't want him to feel embarrassed.

tl;dr: BF doesn't brush his teeth or care about oral hygiene, how do I talk to him about it without sounding bossy or overbearing?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Blue Moonlight posted:

I think everyone involved needs to log off and walk away.
Like I said, I think Dawn and Sonya should be left alone to work this out between the two of them, in an active volcano.

AngryRobotsInc posted:

I will say AITA has a god drat hate on for addicts, just in general, though. I'm not saying all addicts are Great People and It's Not Their Fault, but they seriously loving hate addicts there and anything you do to them is justified by virtue of them having an addiction.
Seconding this, I've seen it in action many times. In this particular case, the stuff Joan did was incredibly mild by the standards of opioid addiction. I was expecting theft, violence, etc. but no, she got sick and made a scene at some family events she was dragged to. Unfuckingbelievable.

While all this talk of opioids being too easy or too hard to get ahold of, depending, my spouse has recovered from surgery without using the opioids they were prescribed because they're afraid of the addictive potential. It's been gut-wrenching at times.

Dongsturm posted:

I have no idea what is going on here, but I'm going to guess that anyone who holds onto a grudge gives a poo poo about their high school graduation ceremony for 10+ years is probably the real psycho.
And like you said--I don't look down on people in dire straits, but maybe the sister who still lives at home in her 30s is the one who's being coddled, not the one who developed a painkiller addiction after a serious accident.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 25, 2021

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Halloween Jack posted:

Seconding this, I've seen it in action many times.
I understand the impulse, though. If you've had your life upended by the addiction of a loved out, it can leave you very angry without a good outlet for that anger. Being judgmental about anonymous addicts on the internet is probably an outlet of that frustration.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

Null of Undefined posted:

Me [25F] with my SO [27M] kinda grossed out by his oral hygiene!

I love problems that could be solved with a single uncomfortable conversation, but this thread has taught me that the only solution is to open up the relationship.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Quackles posted:

Is this Loss?

Anyway, content!

AITA for not sharing the beach house?

mind the walrus posted:

family sowing vs family reaping

Very defensive, but OP's in the right here. If SIL wants to make it an extension of whatever princess fantasy she has, it's only going to get worse and that poo poo needs to get worked out n-o-w now.

OP is the rear end in a top hat here. She is objecting to splitting time and making the beach house available to them, as well as to them doing any of the decorations, stating that it isn’t what her brother wants and that she decorated it the way she wants it. It sounds like in the past she has just steamrolled her brother and now his wife would like to get use out of the cabin that is half his anyway.

OP has chosen to out a lot of time and effort into a shared asset on her own and of her own volition, but then is using that to justify not letting her brother have an equal say. And then in the edits she’s basically saying she just wants to buy it, but she isn’t considering that her brother and his wife actually want to use the beach house. Basically she’s a greedy gently caress who’s trying to take it for herself.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

therobit posted:

OP is the rear end in a top hat here. She is objecting to splitting time and making the beach house available to them, as well as to them doing any of the decorations, stating that it isn’t what her brother wants and that she decorated it the way she wants it. It sounds like in the past she has just steamrolled her brother and now his wife would like to get use out of the cabin that is half his anyway.

OP has chosen to out a lot of time and effort into a shared asset on her own and of her own volition, but then is using that to justify not letting her brother have an equal say. And then in the edits she’s basically saying she just wants to buy it, but she isn’t considering that her brother and his wife actually want to use the beach house. Basically she’s a greedy gently caress who’s trying to take it for herself.

I think the kneejerk NTA is because of all the livelaughlove poo poo, but I think OP is a bit of an rear end in a top hat here. The SIL is out of line given that it is in no way her house, but OP's reaction isn't really appropriate, and OP's disgust at characterizing her SIL as a tacky idiot is purposeful.

Regarding the bedroom: My parents have a beachhouse that my two siblings and I are welcome to use, and bedrooms are pretty much swappable for us. When my parents are there, they stay in the master, I stay in "mine", but if I showed up and my sister was in "my" bedroom, like, whatever? :confused:

Pretty simply, OP has had the run of the place while her brother didn't go there, and now that he's got a wife who likes the beach, he's going to make greater use of it. That requires compromise. It doesn't mean the sister gets to make the walls look like a southeastern sorority house, but it does mean she's going to have to meet her/them somewhere in the middle.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I'm going with ESH on the beach house. Yes, OP came to take it for granted that it was actually her house, with her brother occasionally using it. This wasn't legally the situation, it was just how things shook out. And, yes, on my first read I took OP's framing entirely for granted because "Cricut" and "Instagram influencer" make me want to sage the house with single-malt whisky.

Nonetheless, SIL, as a newlywed, announced that Things Were Going To Change Now. She told OP that the decorating was dingy, that SIL and Brother deserved exclusive use of the nicer bedroom, and that the bookshelves had to come down to "let the walls breathe". (All this in comments.) That's coming in hot for a shared house; if OP no longer should have exclusive say about how the house looks and is used, neither should SIL. Also from comments: OP uses the beach house with their children, making it a lot more natural that SIL wants to have the house exclusively when it's their turn.

So. What should have happened was a sensible after-supper conversation along the lines of "OP, I know you've put your heart and soul into this house. However, it's BIL's house, too, and I'd like to talk about sharing it more equitably; we'd like some of the rooms to reflect our taste, and we'd like to use the bedroom with a sea view when we stay here. At that point, OP would certainly have been the rear end in a top hat all by herself. OP obviously hates SIL's taste, and vice versa, and OP isn't acknowledging that SIL's preferences aren't inherently wrong. they are.

Anyway, since OP thinks of the house as entirely hers, her buying it is absolutely the correct move, assuming the brother sees it the same way.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I'm going with ESH on the beach house. Yes, OP came to take it for granted that it was actually her house, with her brother occasionally using it. This wasn't legally the situation, it was just how things shook out. And, yes, on my first read I took OP's framing entirely for granted because "Cricut" and "Instagram influencer" make me want to sage the house with single-malt whisky.

Nonetheless, SIL, as a newlywed, announced that Things Were Going To Change Now. She told OP that the decorating was dingy, that SIL and Brother deserved exclusive use of the nicer bedroom, and that the bookshelves had to come down to "let the walls breathe". (All this in comments.) That's coming in hot for a shared house; if OP no longer should have exclusive say about how the house looks and is used, neither should SIL. Also from comments: OP uses the beach house with their children, making it a lot more natural that SIL wants to have the house exclusively when it's their turn.

So. What should have happened was a sensible after-supper conversation along the lines of "OP, I know you've put your heart and soul into this house. However, it's BIL's house, too, and I'd like to talk about sharing it more equitably; we'd like some of the rooms to reflect our taste, and we'd like to use the bedroom with a sea view when we stay here. At that point, OP would certainly have been the rear end in a top hat all by herself. OP obviously hates SIL's taste, and vice versa, and OP isn't acknowledging that SIL's preferences aren't inherently wrong. they are.

Anyway, since OP thinks of the house as entirely hers, her buying it is absolutely the correct move, assuming the brother sees it the same way.

My family has been going through something similar with a farmhouse and attached acreage. My aunt and uncle get strapped for cash due to buying expensive houses ever few years and decide they want to sell the whole place. They get my mom to agree to a sale she doesn’t really want, and then say that since she is willing to sell to someone else she should just sell to them instead. To which she replies that she never wanted to sell the house, but she has a competitive buyer for the acreage and we can make a ton of money and fix the place up. They then torpedoed the deal out of spite.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

LMFAO.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Scaevolus posted:

AITA for telling my GF's daughter she's not my daughter so don't expect me to pay?
LOL what loving anime do these names come from?

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for accidently causing a kid to be outed to his parents?
I'm really not getting the hate for this guy. He did the decent thing by not outing a kid with a homophobic dad, but made the mistake of telling his daughter to try to prevent a blow-up, which backfired spectacularly. The problem here is that his daughter is so hurt by her crush being gay that she had a public meltdown which landed everyone involved in the principal's office. What's up with that?

As always,

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Take the money, be gay, do crime.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 25, 2021

Uncle ShortyB
Oct 18, 2013

"Do you think since your cat is dead I could

You know

Wear it?"

Quackles posted:

AITA for not sharing the beach house?

I started off on OP's side but honestly, thinking more and more about it this is definitely just two people arguing over dumb poo poo tbh. Like, she stays there a lot, sure, but she doesn't own the place or anything, it's split ownership. If her brother's wife wants to rock in and stay there like half the time, that's half ownership and she's allowed to. If she's just making like, bullshit aesthetic changes who cares. If she's wanting to groverhaus it up in there that's a different thing. Like how my fiancee's family has a cabin in the woods they all share. If one person wanted to, for whatever reason, move in there permanently, they'd have to buy it out and put it under their name. If there was something they wanted to change about it aesthetics-wise, depending how serious it is no one would likely give a poo poo cause it sits there unused like 99.999% of the time. Everyone sucks here, for sure. Who gives a poo poo if the SIL wants to use the nicer bedroom when she stays there on occasion? That's whatever in my book. I understand taking exception to "exclusive use of this bedroom" but like, that's a bit of glass houses/stones situation given that the OP is pretty much doing exactly that.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
AITA for making my daughters take my friend's daughter on their trip?

quote:

My (46F) twin daughters (21F, Tori and Tami) are both in college and they are planning to do a two weeks trip to Italy. I am paying everything as a birthday gift.

My best friend Diane has a daughter (18F, Lori) and she has been worried because Lori has no friends. My daughters and Lori used to be more close when they were little but drew apart when they became teenagers. Diane asked me if my daughters could try to include Lori in their social lifes, so she isn't lonely all the time.

I called Tami about this and she felt bad about Lori, so she has been talking more to her since. They invited Lori to their dorm one time and go out with her a few times.

I thought that the next step was to invite Lori to the trip to Italy. First, I talked with Diane about it and she agreed. She said that Lori has been happier since she started seeing my daughters again. Diane said that if my daughters agreed she would paid for Lori to go to Italy with them.

But when I talked to them, they were not happy with the idea. They say that Lori is too childish and would prevent them from having more adult fun on Italy. I think they are being really selfish and mean. Also ungrateful to me, considering I am paying everything. We have been arguing and I more or less said that Lori is going with them, even if they don't want to.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

:cripes: There was a post in the previous thread that talked about parents shoving kids and stepkids together like action figures to try and spontaneously create a relationship. Here we see the same thing from the outside.

nvidiagouge
Sep 30, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Halloween Jack posted:

LOL what loving anime do these names come from?

I'm really not getting the hate for this guy. He did the decent thing by not outing a kid with a homophobic dad, but made the mistake of telling his daughter to try to prevent a blow-up, which backfired spectacularly. The problem here is that his daughter is so hurt by her crush being gay that she had a public meltdown which landed everyone involved in the principal's office. What's up with that?

As always,

Yeah he handled it poorly but I could understand why he took the actions he did. He was just dumb and didn't think ahead but I don't think he actually intended harm and like most parents was trying to protect his own kid first and foremost and it blew up in his face.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

DoubleNegative posted:

They invited Lori to their dorm one time and go out with her a few times. I thought that the next step was to invite Lori to the trip to Italy.
As we all know, there are no intermediate steps between “hanging out a few times” and “two week vacation on another continent”.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Uncle ShortyB posted:

I started off on OP's side but honestly, thinking more and more about it this is definitely just two people arguing over dumb poo poo tbh. Like, she stays there a lot, sure, but she doesn't own the place or anything, it's split ownership. If her brother's wife wants to rock in and stay there like half the time, that's half ownership and she's allowed to. If she's just making like, bullshit aesthetic changes who cares. If she's wanting to groverhaus it up in there that's a different thing. Like how my fiancee's family has a cabin in the woods they all share. If one person wanted to, for whatever reason, move in there permanently, they'd have to buy it out and put it under their name. If there was something they wanted to change about it aesthetics-wise, depending how serious it is no one would likely give a poo poo cause it sits there unused like 99.999% of the time. Everyone sucks here, for sure. Who gives a poo poo if the SIL wants to use the nicer bedroom when she stays there on occasion? That's whatever in my book. I understand taking exception to "exclusive use of this bedroom" but like, that's a bit of glass houses/stones situation given that the OP is pretty much doing exactly that.
That's the thing; some of us do care about the aesthetic. Part of the reason I fell in love with my current home is that the living room has foot-wide knotty oak paneling that probably dates to the 40s, if not earlier. If the previous owner had painted over that to brighten up the room, I wouldn't have walked in and exclaimed "Ohhhhh." OP has a house that has lots of bookshelves, a beautiful garden, and her husband's heirloom furniture (again in comments). Sister-in-law finds the whole thing dingy and dark. Neither of them is going to feel comfortable or at home in the other's preferred rooms. And that is a big drat deal in a vacation house. It's not irrelevant. The whole Cricut aesthetic sets my teeth on edge.

The place OP is really showing her hand, though, is her repeated insistence that she knows her brother, he hates driving, and he won't drive six hours to get there. She may not actually know her brother than his wife does, and the decision on whether to drive to the place is both of theirs. OP is also not admitting that her easy-to-steamroller brother may just have been steamrollered by her, not only by his wife.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Thumbtacks posted:

:piss: The scale of covert premeditation here is more hosed up than the Bee Sister by like 2.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

DoubleNegative posted:

:cripes: There was a post in the previous thread that talked about parents shoving kids and stepkids together like action figures to try and spontaneously create a relationship. Here we see the same thing from the outside.
This excerpt from the comments is a thing of glory.

quote:

One night we went to a Broadway show and hit a restaurant on the way back, my aunt got a bit lost and we ended up in a dark DARK alley. (No people, no lights). She told us walk as fast as you can without running, there are lights and people up ahead. The young cousin DID NOT want to do that, sat down in the alley and started crying about having to do exercise while on vacation. My aunt told her, good luck with the murderers and she'd identify the body later, and started power walking. I followed and my friends basically dragged the girl out of the alley.
Comment is by jessdb19, if you want to see the rest of it.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
:staredog: That whole comment goes places. Good lord.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

spouse posted:

Why are self-described "picky eaters" always people who exist solely in the realm of fast food and packaged poo poo? I'm very curious about non-American picky eaters now. Is there cadre of picky Frenchmen who just plow through baguettes all day, nutritional macros be damned?
Adult picky eaters start as child picky eaters that never get treated, and they pretty much always fixate on the kinds of bland, processed food that are often fed to young children--chicken nuggets, grilled cheese, peanut butter, French fries, Chef Boyardee, etc.

I would gladly bet money that Adult Picky Eaters are much more common in the United States than in France.

Scaevolus posted:

My [28F] boyfriend of 4 years [38M] lied about a massive financial secret.
Y'know, if he doesn't make a lot of money, it might not be as bad as she thinks. He absolutely needs to file returns, but he may have little or no income tax liability.

Now, when my grandfather died, we found out that he'd been deferring his income taxes for the last decade of his life. That wasn't great.

DoubleNegative posted:

There was a post in the previous thread that talked about parents shoving kids and stepkids together like action figures to try and spontaneously create a relationship. Here we see the same thing from the outside.
My mother accidentally "gave" me a boyfriend once. That was not fun to deal with.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 25, 2021

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lol “treated”

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

Y'know, if he doesn't make a lot of money, it might not be as bad as she thinks. He absolutely needs to file returns, but he may have little or no income tax liability.
He may not have much financial liability, but it sure says a lot about whether he's the sort of person you should be making financial decisions with.
AITA for telling my wife she embarrassed me by bringing a meal to my work?

quote:

33M recently got hired at a large company in the south where me and my wife moved months ago.

My wife was excited for my new job and talked about preparing a surprise for me which got me excited but I didn't what it was til she showed up at my workplace 2 days ago with a meal she said she prepared specifically for me since it's my favorite. Apparently this was her surprise. I was little upset she brought it to my workplace. My co workers who are vicious and brutally honest and sarcastic got involved and kept teasing me about the meal. one of them "Austin" joked about how "mommy" is so supportive by bringing food to my workplace. I felt like poo poo as he and other co workers kept laughing at me.

I went to work the next day and Austin kept making jokes about me saying poo poo like "is mommy going to bring lunch today as well?" And "When is mommy coming to change your diaper?" And some other poo poo. one of them who's someone I don't know well said "oh you guys I can still smell the meal (my name's) mom brought yesterday. She's such great cook bless her heart!" And the goddamned giggles kept on.

I felt so awful I went home and just blew up at my wife telling her she flatout loving embarrassed me and just torpedoed any goddamned prestige and respect I had among my co workers. I told her what Austin and others have been doing and asked if she was happy for giving him emmo to come at me like that. She argued that she was just trying to do something nice for me and didn't care about what people might say but I was a selfish jerk who only cares about what others think rather than how she felt by my constant berating over a meal she put effort money and time to make and bring to me. The argument escalated after I suggested that she could've waited til I got home to surprise me with this goddamned meal instead of showing up while I was working which made me seem unprofessional. she said she came during lunch break but I was still working during lunch break. She said at this point I clearly find it easier to blame her than stand up for myself against those childish bullies. I said I didn't appreciate what she said but she replied that I should be grateful she cared enough to bring me a home cooked meal then thanked me for showing her it's not worth wasting anymore of her time cooking for me after this. I told her to stop blaming me for something she caused and asked her to admit that maybe she should've consulted me before bringing the meal over so I could avoid being the goddamned butt of every joke my co workers told. I don't even know how long this is going to last. She told me to man up and either report them or quit then. I was floored by what she said I had to walk out becuase I couldn't take anymore of this and felt like she wasn't listening to how her behavior caused me an issue at work.

Edit to say that I in no way don't appreciate my wife's effort but the only problem I have is that she didn't tell me beforehand about wether it was okay to bring the meal over to my workplace. I really prefered that she waited til I got home or we could've gone out later to eat. I agree that the main problem I have is my co workers but I lashed out because I felt overwhelmed with their hurtful remarks that offended my wife as well.

All the replies offer helpful suggestions for which "your mama" joke he should have come back with.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

How the gently caress do you not just look smugly at anyone trying on a "mommy" joke and eat your favorite meal lovingly cooked for you by your wife? Can you not taste sour grapes? gently caress those people, you got it made and you're an idiot

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

All the replies offer helpful suggestions for which "your mama" joke he should have come back with.

what a loving weenie

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

My mother accidentally "gave" me a boyfriend once. That was not fun to deal with.

Though you know how that age-old adage goes: "Don't look a gifted boyfriend in the mouth."

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
How hard would a "sorry your wife doesn't love you enough/can't cook" be? Or if coworker is unmarried joke about going home to an empty house and nuking up some tv dinner. What a weenie.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Also who the gently caress bullies people at work, and why the gently caress does anyone put up with it?

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

:fuckoff:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

He may not have much financial liability, but it sure says a lot about whether he's the sort of person you should be making financial decisions with.

This is a plot for a 90s sitcom.

Like everyone loves Raymond would extremely do this

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Soylent Pudding posted:

Even if berth el pup is fake most of us probably have known someone who got addicted to their kink to the point it became socially and interpersonally toxic.
Dan Savage (who sucks) has gotten a lot of letters like this. It's sad when someone finds a partner willing to fulfill their fetish, then fucks it up by being selfish.

Baronjutter posted:

What sort of person waits hours for someone who's late? 10 min? 15 min? maybe 30 if they let you know they're running late but still coming. But hours!!?
Well, if I'm meeting you at a bar and you don't show up, it's still a bar. Sometimes it's nice to drink and read outside the home.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

Dan Savage (who sucks) has gotten a lot of letters like this. It's sad when someone finds a partner willing to fulfill their fetish, then fucks it up by being selfish.

Why does Dan Savage suck? This is not a challenge or a gotcha, I have been largely unaware of him since he coined 'Santorum' to describe post-coital anal discharge, which was like... 2007?

Edit: my guess before I Google it is that he's got some weird antitrans poo poo, because it's always that.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

The tax returns themselves, maaaaaaybe, if they were truly the only thing that he's doing wrong with money.

But he's a 38-year old who can't produce any proof of income, doesn't know his credit score, and is vague about his debts. There's no way this isn't the tip of an iceberg of financial dumbassery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

spouse posted:

Edit: my guess before I Google it is that he's got some weird antitrans poo poo, because it's always that.
Pretty much exactly that, yeah. I stopped reading when he started throwing "tranny" around liberally in responses, and I haven't kept up with ever little controversy around him since then, but yeah.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 25, 2021