Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Cactrot posted:

“Zombies you control have flying.”
I really really hope this is a corpse-a-pult or something similar, a defender thing or whatever that buffs zombies, instead of something that gives zombies wings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

evilweasel posted:

for removing something that has never been removable before, is there anything it could be other than emblems? any permanent is removable, anything in your hand is removable, your library is removable, your graveyard is removable

hell even things in exile are, to some degree in rare cases, removable

Remove keyword ability from target creature.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

First spoiler dropped

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

meanolmrcloud posted:

Remove keyword ability from target creature.

Yeah, there are cards that strip all abilities from creatures, but is this one of those weird cases where a specific ability is removed that has never specifically been targeted before? Seems possible.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Strip Magic: The Gathering confirmed

Denimwalk is already a keyword and has been avoided by a player removing their pants

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TotalHell posted:

Yeah, there are cards that strip all abilities from creatures, but is this one of those weird cases where a specific ability is removed that has never specifically been targeted before? Seems possible.

There's plenty of stuff that is like all creatures lose [keyword] or the like, I think. for example: https://scryfall.com/card/mir/158/blind-fury

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Guessing that Odric returns as a vampire and he and Olivia get a card together as they are getting married

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

evilweasel posted:

There's plenty of stuff that is like all creatures lose [keyword] or the like, I think. for example: https://scryfall.com/card/mir/158/blind-fury

For sure, but “target creature loses flying” is different than “remove flying from target creature”. No I don’t know how they would do this, I just don’t want this to be emblem removal because who gives a poo poo.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
A witchbane orb, but for emblems.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, but it feels a bit of a cop-out to say 'removes something never removed before' when they mean 'removes something that gets removed all the time but in a way never done before'

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

• A new legendary creature card that combines two characters that previously each had their own legendary creature card

It's Odrivia, Odric and Olivia's daughter. The first Vampire Baby creature type

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Apparently they’ve confirmed that it’s a union of the Markov and Voldaren bloodlines, so maybe it’s not Odric, but the cowards at WOTC will never give us the Olivia/Thalia wedding we deserve.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

• A new legendary creature card that combines two characters that previously each had their own legendary creature card

I think it's actually Thalia and St Traft

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Comedy option: it's Nissa and Chandra

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Edgar and Olivia Markov, Power Couple

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

quote:

• A mechanic that first appeared as a faction mechanic returns
• A new mechanic which is a mirror of an already existing mechanic
A marriage mechanic that Is part Meld, part Soul bond.
The two characters are getting married into one card.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Captain Invictus posted:

I really really hope this is a corpse-a-pult or something similar, a defender thing or whatever that buffs zombies, instead of something that gives zombies wings

Here, in the world where people regularly sew wings on to zombies?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

evilweasel posted:

removing something that has never been removable before
I can't believe they're firing Maro.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Here, in the world where people regularly sew wings on to zombies?
catapulting zombies at things is way funnier than a zombie with wings imo

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Captain Invictus posted:

That would be target zombie though.
Or a really big catapult

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

evilweasel posted:

for removing something that has never been removable before

Wizards has heard the displeasure with extra turn spells and will introduce:
Exile target player until your next turn.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Wizards has heard the displeasure with extra turn spells and will introduce:
Exile target player until your next turn.

Ah, Teferi's Rejection

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Has anything ever targeted the sideboard, or is that just generically part of the "not in the game" zone or whatever

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Leperflesh posted:

Has anything ever targeted the sideboard, or is that just generically part of the "not in the game" zone or whatever

quote:

400.11c Cards outside the game can’t be affected by spells or abilities, except for characteristic-defining abilities printed on them (see rule 604.3) and spells and abilities that allow those cards to be brought into the game.

Until they have to amend this rule, anyway.

CDAs working outside of the game means like Grist is a creature for Living Wish.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I guess theoretically it could apply to something that can target any card in exile, since anything that plays with cards in exile put them there in the first place.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
I thought actual previews were starting today, my disappointment is immeasurable

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

I hope they’re cards that let you sell your soul, despite the fact they definitely won’t be

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

vegetables posted:

I hope they’re cards that let you sell your soul, despite the fact they definitely won’t be

Probably saving this for the demon mafia set

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

snyprmag posted:

Probably saving this for the demon mafia set

If New Capenna doesn't have a Gabaghoul card I'm quitting MTG forever

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?

Captain Invictus posted:

It's basically like decay with a twist, right? Zombie gains flying, does damage (from being used as a cannonball), dies after attacking. It's perfection.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Nobody remembers Deadapult?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

Ah, Teferi's Rejection

Flavor text of Teferi shooting down hot divorced Vampire men and women at the wedding reception open bar.

"Sorry ladies and gentlemen even if I'm on a different plane, ring on the finger means I'm spoken for".

Nissa: Who has had too much to drink

"I SAID WHO WANTS TO DO SHOTS WITH ME???? WOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Dude in the NRG event this past weekend played an extra land in the finals... On camera. Not 100% sure he did it on purpose but it looks pretty bad.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Pyrolocutus posted:

Nobody remembers Deadapult?

love the card flavour, hate the cost. get rid of {2} in the mana cost, or the {R} in the activated ability imo

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

mcmagic posted:

Dude in the NRG event this past weekend played an extra land in the finals... On camera. Not 100% sure he did it on purpose but it looks pretty bad.

Saw it. He drew the land instead of putting into play tapped, so he split the difference and put it into play from his hand untapped for his second land drop.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

Saw it. He drew the land instead of putting into play tapped, so he split the difference and put it into play from his hand untapped for his second land drop.

Yeah. He was trying keep mana up for Force of Negation but he DID have a blue card in hand anyway. I think it's possible that it was an honest mistake because you have to be really dumb to do that on purpose on camera when everyone and their mother will catch it.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Every single one of us has messed up in paper; with the extra land probably being the most common.

My bane is going through a million game actions after Jace brainstorm and then going for it again. I just started tapping the dude sideways if my opponent is cool with it.

It's the poo poo like that guy who thumbed a land to his opponents top when shuffling that is just bonkers to do on camera.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.

DangerDongs posted:

It's the poo poo like that guy who thumbed a land to his opponents top when shuffling that is just bonkers to do on camera.

My experience with these sorts of people is that they cheat so often and so readily, that to them that is just how you play magic. Honestly, it's really pathetic.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

evilweasel posted:

for removing something that has never been removable before, is there anything it could be other than emblems? any permanent is removable, anything in your hand is removable, your library is removable, your graveyard is removable

hell even things in exile are, to some degree in rare cases, removable

Yes. Please be emblems. Planeswalkers aren't special anymore. Emblems aren't a rare occurrence to materialize during a game anymore. Let me get rid of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Human Crouton posted:

Yes. Please be emblems. Planeswalkers aren't special anymore. Emblems aren't a rare occurrence to materialize during a game anymore. Let me get rid of them.

I can't wait to open up the 5 cent rare that removes emblems.