Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WaltherFeng posted:

If Bloodborne was released in 2077 it would still be the best thing ever to come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Man, i wish I'd read up on Just Cause 3 before playing it.

2/3 of the world map taken over and story missions done and i finally get curious about the DLC that ends up giving you a loving jetpack for infinite flight.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Inspector Hound posted:

I got someone's spare VR headset a while ago and it's just sort of sat on my shelf. Lately I've been playing around with it, and it's pretty sweet if you have a setup where you can easily just put it away and move the camera without too much hassle. Movies are cast onto a huge screen that fills your view while a giant thing sits on your head, VR games are immersive to the point of being disorienting, in a good way, while a giant thing sits on your head, honestly once you get used to the thing on your head and finding your controller without looking it's very cool. Hard to scratch your nose while it's all happening. I drive a Civic, and they have the new Type-R Civic in Gran Turismo so that was obviously the first order of business. I liked looking around at all the buttons I recognized on the dashboard. You can check your blind spots and mirrors, even look over your shoulder. For bonus immersion, imagine the giant thing on your head is your cool pro racing helmet.

the only vr thing i've ever used is the oculus rift dk1 which looks like total garbo (800x480) but my god the immersion in iracing and euro truck simulator 2 was just astonishing. i also was floored when i turned my head irl and my driver craned his neck out the window of the truck. if i can ever get a cheap psvr i'll definitely be playing some gt sport and dirt rally 2 on it. and deracine. also they should port the truck simulator games to console

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

kirbysuperstar posted:

Played Shadow Fall because it was the only Killzone I hadn't played. It's fine. The ending was..abrupt, but it had some good set pieces and real nice graphics for.. a 8 year old game oh god

It always amuses me how much I genuinely liked that game. It was one of my favorite fps games from last gen. I just thought the gunplay was awesome and the story and set pieces were exciting.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/playstation/status/1450839409159458818?s=21

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
We're installing a PS4 Pro in our office. Any suggestions for good local multiplayer games please? Either ones that are good just for a laugh or which we could organise the odd office tournament for. Can't seem to see all that many which offer local multiplayer for more than two players, so some which do that would be good.

So far I'm thinking one of the Jackbox titles, a sports title (FIFA or PES) and a fighting (any local 4 player examples?) or racing game (maybe Crash Team Racing).

Any suggestions gratefully received, thread.

OneSizeFitsAll fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 25, 2021

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Soul Calibur 6 is on sale right now, that game rules and the fights can be pretty quick so you can get a lot of matches in

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

Ultimate Chicken Horse

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

We're installing a PS4 Pro in our office. Any suggestions for good local multiplayer games please? Either ones that are good just for a laugh or which we could organise the odd office tournament for. Can't seem to see all that many which offer local multiplayer for more than two players, so some which do that would be good.

So far I'm thinking one of the Jackbox titles, a sports title (FIFA or PES) and a fighting (any local 4 player examples?) or racing game (maybe Crash Team Racing).

Overcooked

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Moving Out.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

STREETS OF RAGE!!!

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

I made a couch coop thread, local multiplayer is fine in it too.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3980980

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Rocket league

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
Those are all great suggestions, thanks. While I was thinking tourneys and stuff would be good, co-op games are fantastic also and have a further team building element. Overcooked and SoR would be great I think. SC is generally a great idea because it's flashy and accessible, while also having decent depth. I think Crash Team Racing looks great too, but don't want to start with too many games there at once! Will seriously consider all these and also check out that thread. Jackbox I'm moving away from - better with friends than colleagues, I think.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

DUCK GAME

how tf no one said that :raise:

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I just got a $30ish 3rd party controller to replace one that had bad drift, but it's having some problems. When I try to turn on the PS4 with that controller, it just flashes white and doesn't do anything. If I turn the PS4 on manually it'll connect and I can use it, but there's no vibration even though that's a feature of that particular model. The settings screen for that controller will say the vibration is turned on, even though controller isn't shaking at all. Is there a fix for both?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Gang Beasts

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Nidhogg

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

untitled goose game

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Towerfall, Starwhal

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can you play EDF with multiple people couch co-op?

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Usually 2-player split-screen yeah.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Lovers in a Dangerous Space Time (1-4 players)

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Other good coop games:

Tricky towers
Nex Machina
Everybody Golf

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

It doesn't relate to your other games, but Doom 1&2 & Quake, 4 player splitscreen co-op and deathmatch. They are practically made for office tournaments. :v:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

We've come full circle

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Bedlam posted:

Ultimate Chicken Horse

OOCH is actually a perfect game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Everybody's Golf!!!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Overcooked

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

FAUXTON posted:

Overcooked

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
I've gone for Overcooked, Streets of Rage and Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fuelled. Wanted to get PES but they might be FIFA people so will think about that at a later date - maybe poll them to see if there are any specific games they want. Those 3 are a good start, and should cover a number of bases. Thanks again for the suggestions!

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I've finished 4 Castlevanias this month on PS4 - all the Symphony style ones that are available. Hot dog what a good series.

Felt wrong not to keep the train going so now I'm playing the first DS one but emulated on the PS Classic so I can capture it lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You playing with the no-touch Romhacks? They're so good

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

I've gone for Overcooked, Streets of Rage and Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fuelled. Wanted to get PES but they might be FIFA people so will think about that at a later date - maybe poll them to see if there are any specific games they want. Those 3 are a good start, and should cover a number of bases. Thanks again for the suggestions!

PES was rebranded as "efootball" for 2022 and had a free version with just 9 teams. I haven't tried it myself but a quick googling saw mention of playing offline against AI or a friend so it might include local co-op. Could be worth it to try out

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You playing with the no-touch Romhacks? They're so good
Yeah. I don't need to draw a thing to open a door! Thank you hackers.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Between The Good Life and the Friends of Mineral Town port, I've got a lot of life-simming to do over the holidays. :unsmith:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I feel kind of dumb for not noticing how calculated the releases of PS exclusives on PC is. GOW and HZD getting sequels shortly after the PC release. Then Uncharted 4 getting a movie.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The original timeline for Forbidden West's release would have been much closer with Zero Dawn on PC had the pandemic not added at least 18 months to everybody's development window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I feel kind of dumb for not noticing how calculated the releases of PS exclusives on PC is. GOW and HZD getting sequels shortly after the PC release. Then Uncharted 4 getting a movie.

The odd one out is Days Gone, but I think Sony is wise to not treat it like people are gonna buy a Playstation for it. GoW and HZD are definitely to get PC players hooked and maybe sell some Playstations when the sequels hit.