Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

childhood is childhood. what you want me to do, travel back and alter the gaming landscape of 1991?

that would be like searching for a needle in a timestack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I was referring to her but honestly I just needed to post to see if I had posted a Sekiro death count back in 2019

(I did not, I played it on PC so maybe it's in the Steam thread)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

not so dramatic mostly just in front of like 10-15 kids and neighbors and poo poo, she was definitely screaming at one point but she had a mental breakdown right in front of us over our lack of patriotism in the presence of a sick rear end capcom game.

Go go bionic

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

My first catechism teacher was also a new wave musician who was into woo woo poo poo like ancient aliens and the pyramids, it was cool.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

mycot posted:

One thing I do appreciate about modern Naughty Dog games is giving you all the shitpost filters after you beat the game for catharsis.

The "Next-Gen" filter in Uncharted 1 was funny

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Trying PSNow. It appears I now have a million games available to me. I think I'm going to lean toward downloading them, but I'm trying streaming now with The Last of Us. Other people with PSNow, how do you tend to use it and what keeps you renewing it?

e streaming isn't nearly as bad as I was afraid it would be. Game scary

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 19, 2021

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Inspector Hound posted:

Trying PSNow. It appears I now have a million games available to me. I think I'm going to lean toward downloading them, but I'm trying streaming now with The Last of Us. Other people with PSNow, how do you tend to use it and what keeps you renewing it?

e streaming isn't nearly as bad as I was afraid it would be. Game scary

Oh man, that's a good game. Enjoy!

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Looked at PSNow again and its good now? You can dl the majority of the games and it has better stuff than Gamepass. Cool, gonna subscribe now, glad it doesn't suck anymore.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I wouldn't say better than gamepass, you can download pretty much everything on gamepass and they have a ton of day one, AAA titles. I am happy to see there's still a big library for me to sample, Im going to be working for most of my trial but I want to just look through it and play a few. Streaming seems fine, I had some frame rate issues one time that just as easily could have been the game itself, but that's it. I was also happy to see

S t a r W a r s

Racer Revenge

vv I can definitely see that, right away I spotted metal gear solid v so I'm assuming that's all on there. I either missed resident evil 7 or it's not there... vv

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Oct 19, 2021

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

The big PS exclusives available to dl on there are way better than anything on gamepass

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

True but there’s only a few of them

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Probably not better than gamepass still but at least it's not a complete rip off joke anymore

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

For library titles PSNow is good but the draw of GamePass is the brand new/last few months games on there. Having Uncharted or God of War or whatever on there is very different to some game you've had your eye on launching on day one on GamePass.

Sony has no incentive to match it tho because they're still killing it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yep, Gamepass is only so stacked on Xbox BECAUSE they’ve nothing else to offer in terms of software

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Gamepass is also supported in australia while psnow is not lol. they should just disable the streaming feature and just allow downloads but I guess they figure it’s not worth the effort.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/benjisales/status/1450869568591761408?s=21

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
its gonna be funny with everyone waiting on pc bloodborne but it never happens.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Well if that Nvidia leak was correct, then other upcoming PlayStation games going to PC will include Gran Turismo 7, Sackboy, Ghost of Tsushima, Helldivers 2, Demon's Souls, Ratchet & Clank, and Returnal. No Bloodborne.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Horizon Forbidden West also, though probably not anytime soon.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Poking around on PSNOW I have discovered Romance of the Three Kingdoms, this is a nice surprise. Why did I not know about this series?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

its gonna be funny with everyone waiting on pc bloodborne but it never happens.

My biggest wish is for someone to make an adaptation of the Bloodborne board game for all the headlines that will read "Bloodborne coming to PC" :getin:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Poking around on PSNOW I have discovered Romance of the Three Kingdoms, this is a nice surprise. Why did I not know about this series?
Considering I played some version back in like '94 that's quite a feat to have never heard of it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is it the one with the Debating Minigame

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Yes

Edit: I guess this same team made the newest Fire Emblem, which is a great game. This is a very solid strategy title that I'm probably gonna dump some serious hours into.

Senator Drinksalot fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Oct 21, 2021

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

My biggest wish is for someone to make an adaptation of the Bloodborne board game for all the headlines that will read "Bloodborne coming to PC" :getin:

Bloodboard.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Grant us dice

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

GAME has Resident Evil Village (plus steelbook) for 39.90€ and I liked RE7 a lot and this one seems... better? at least every coworker I talked to seemed to like it better overall. It's a Halloween promo, looks like a good price for the game, steelbook and to complete my full RE collection on PS4.

As I trust my fellow PS4 goons, anything I should be aware of Village?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's like 7 with some of 4's DNA mixed in so it depends on what style of RE you like. Lots of crazy setpieces and gunplay, less exploration and horror (although it can and does still go hard there when it wants to)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think RE7 is significantly better than Village personally, but it's still worth playing RE8. The first half of the game is great, but it takes a quality nose dive after a bit. For such a short game I found it drat tedious at times. There's still plenty to like though.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

If you liked 7 and want more gunplay, Village is definitely worth $40

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
finally picked up mad rat dead on the latest sale

the rhythm-platformer gameplay isn't entirely doing it for me but the soundtrack is excellent. sort of an electro-ragtime?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqXTVdDmbZ0

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah tried the demo it seemed off somehow, music owns.

Sounds a lot like The Sexy Brutale soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP8RxMnqt94

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I got someone's spare VR headset a while ago and it's just sort of sat on my shelf. Lately I've been playing around with it, and it's pretty sweet if you have a setup where you can easily just put it away and move the camera without too much hassle. Movies are cast onto a huge screen that fills your view while a giant thing sits on your head, VR games are immersive to the point of being disorienting, in a good way, while a giant thing sits on your head, honestly once you get used to the thing on your head and finding your controller without looking it's very cool. Hard to scratch your nose while it's all happening. I drive a Civic, and they have the new Type-R Civic in Gran Turismo so that was obviously the first order of business. I liked looking around at all the buttons I recognized on the dashboard. You can check your blind spots and mirrors, even look over your shoulder. For bonus immersion, imagine the giant thing on your head is your cool pro racing helmet.

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Oct 23, 2021

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah tried the demo it seemed off somehow, music owns.

Sounds a lot like The Sexy Brutale soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP8RxMnqt94

Holy poo poo, you weren't joking. I loved the Sexy Brutale OST, and I love this one too.

I demand Mad Rat Dead OST on vinyl NOW. :colbert:

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Inspector Hound posted:

I got someone's spare VR headset a while ago and it's just sort of sat on my shelf. Lately I've been playing around with it, and it's pretty sweet if you have a setup where you can easily just put it away and move the camera without too much hassle. Movies are cast onto a huge screen that fills your view while a giant thing sits on your head, VR games are immersive to the point of being disorienting, in a good way, while a giant thing sits on your head, honestly once you get used to the thing on your head and finding your controller without looking it's very cool. Hard to scratch your nose while it's all happening. I drive a Civic, and they have the new Type-R Civic in Gran Turismo so that was obviously the first order of business. I liked looking around at all the buttons I recognized on the dashboard. You can check your blind spots and mirrors, even look over your shoulder. For bonus immersion, imagine the giant thing on your head is your cool pro racing helmet.

I love the cabin view in Gran Turismo. VR would probably make that a whole lot better. Hmm.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hanging out with my dad to celebrate my birthday early and he brought his PS4 along with him while he's crashing at a hotel. I haven't played God of War (2018) in like 2 or 3 years, didn't really go after any of the valkayrie fights personally because I didn't like the combat enough to seek those kinds of fights out and still managed to figure out how to beat Göndul after beating my head against it her for like 3 hours. :hellyeah:

Those fights really remind you why we're all rooting for our favorite underdog; Kratos.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

nitsuga posted:

I love the cabin view in Gran Turismo. VR would probably make that a whole lot better. Hmm.

I definitely got a little dizzy when the track tilted, and looking down at yourself wearing a fire suit but feeling the controller in your hands is bizarre. The TV will also display the same thing as your headset, so everyone can watch. It's probably personal preference whether it improves normal games or not, the screen it presents you with is pretty big. I managed to get a kill in Battlefield, but it's good there's an option to make the virtual screen smaller.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Played Shadow Fall because it was the only Killzone I hadn't played. It's fine. The ending was..abrupt, but it had some good set pieces and real nice graphics for.. a 8 year old game oh god

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

nice graphics for.. a 8 year old game oh god

The fact that that game feels like it came out just recently but it was actually almost 1/4th of my life is sort of horrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
If Bloodborne was released in 2021 it would still be the best thing ever to come out.