Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Barry Convex posted:

I'm pretty certain that this is just referencing some fictional language in the film, and that it's not intended to be legible and won't be on the poster or anything

Is still funny v:v:v

But inn all seriousness, I hope it has some neat animation or something. if it's ever used in the trailers. Like it goes from OooOOooOoo to the words Quantumania. It's also giving me a lot of Arrival vibes.

I tried to decipher that and it actually says QUANTUNMIA. :v:

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Cassie's gotten to the rebellious part of her teenage years and took up graffiti.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Desperado Bones posted:

I can't stop laughing at this, what graphic design disaster is this? :lol:

https://twitter.com/OneTakeNews/status/1452429476223201280

It's like they saw the DUNC logo and did a "hold my beer".

It's like the opposite of Death Metal Name font.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

My guess is that it’s the language of some society that only exists at the quantum level

Like I know that there is the microverse stuff in the comics

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

My guess is that it’s the language of some society that only exists at the quantum level

Like I know that there is the microverse stuff in the comics

I hope the Marvel Microverse is just this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2egGfd5j_k

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1452712576672952322

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

This has been the best news ever. :swoon:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You cowards make him Robotman

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

why would Robotman be in a Batgirl movie???

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I'm glad Brendan Frasier is finally getting a fat pay cheque after everything he's been through. He's been wonderful in the role of Robotman.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Nodosaur posted:

why would Robotman be in a Batgirl movie???

That's what they pay writers to figure out :colbert:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Maybe instead of saying it was a "Trench" movie you should've said Black Manta from the beginning, and then maybe it wouldn't have gotten cancelled?

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1452734899509547009?s=20

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Davros1 posted:

Maybe instead of saying it was a "Trench" movie you should've said Black Manta from the beginning, and then maybe it wouldn't have gotten cancelled?

Agreed. Manta was cool

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

JordanKai posted:

I'm glad Brendan Frasier is finally getting a fat pay cheque after everything he's been through. He's been wonderful in the role of Robotman.

It's great how everyone was like "We miss Brendan Fraser. What happened to him?" and then they found out and then everyone was like "That sucks. We want Brendan Fraser back!" and then he came back and then everyone was like "Welcome back Brendan Fraser! We love you!" and it's just :unsmith:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Davros1 posted:

When I first heard about a proposed Trench movie I just figured they were going to do a straight up horror movie. Maybe a submarine or some bullshit getting stuck in the trench and the crew have to survive. Minimal amount of connection to anything DC. That kind of thing.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm ignorant. What DID happen to Brendan Frasier?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nodosaur posted:

I'm ignorant. What DID happen to Brendan Frasier?

He hurt his back fairly badly on a stunt and this was compounded with being sexually harassed by a studio executive and basically getting blacklisted for not going along with it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Between like 2003 and 2007 he had a bunch of surgeries for damage to his body from action movies, he was sexually assaulted by Philip Berk, his mother died, and he got divorced.

2018 was the first time he spoke publicly about the assault but he wasn't quiet about it in the industry and he thinks he got blacklisted by some over it.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Davros1 posted:

Pretty sure the people who actually make decisions knew that. Problem is we know these people don't like black people or people of color in general. Wb cancelled all poc led projects and greenlit a James gunn universe.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Aphrodite posted:

Between like 2003 and 2007 he had a bunch of surgeries for damage to his body from action movies, he was sexually assaulted by Philip Berk, his mother died, and he got divorced.

2018 was the first time he spoke publicly about the assault but he wasn't quiet about it in the industry and he thinks he got blacklisted by some over it.

muscles like this! posted:

He hurt his back fairly badly on a stunt and this was compounded with being sexually harassed by a studio executive and basically getting blacklisted for not going along with it.

Geez, I had no idea.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Pretty sure the people who actually make decisions knew that. Problem is we know these people don't like black people or people of color in general.

True, but when all you release info to the public, in attempts to drum up interest in said film, maybe they should have actually led with what their audience would've been hyped for?

It'd be like they announce a movie that's about corn growing in the midwest, and when the intended audience shows no interest, they cancel it with the caveat "It was going to be a Superman film!"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's true but also nobody wanted a Black Manta movie.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Davros1 posted:

True, but when all you release info to the public, in attempts to drum up interest in said film, maybe they should have actually led with what their audience would've been hyped for?

It'd be like they announce a movie that's about corn growing in the midwest, and when the intended audience shows no interest, they cancel it with the caveat "It was going to be a Superman film!"
Why do you think him mentioning a spin off meant he was looking for crowd "funding?" Maybe wb is just a trash company that cancelled anything that wasn't chasing a certain image? Which is more likely, the director for the one dc billion dollar movie needed crowd interest or WBs run by shitheads?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

It looks like it was going to be the story of how he got the creepy trench trident he has in promo shots for 2. Chances are that's what the lookbook was about. So there was a time limit since it had to fit between Aquaman films. Not terrible odds we're looking at Covid drama.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
drat, I figured Underwater had just beaten them to the gist. Was bummed at the time we wouldn't be getting more deep-sea cinema. Now I'm bummed we're missing out on more deep-sea and Black Manta cinema. :(

Aphrodite posted:

That's true but also nobody wanted a Black Manta movie.

:mad:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Which is more likely, the director for the one dc billion dollar movie needed crowd interest or WBs run by shitheads?

They're not mutually exclusive.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1452711826697990154?s=20

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

ohmygod

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

No way :laffo:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tell me you don't get Spider-Man without telling me you don't get Spider-Man

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I mean... what?! Did she not see her own company's Spider-Man films?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Lobok posted:

I mean... what?! Did she not see her own company's Spider-Man films?

When these are the emails you get, you're probably not super well connected to your properties...

Some producer emailing Amy Pascal posted:

Spidey thought

Hey Amy - just a couple of rando thoughts from 35,000 LAX-JFK:

- A rising trend we see with Millennials are the really extreme forms of experiential exercise like Tough Mudder (a sort of filthy triathalon), the Color Run and even things like Hot Power Yoga, veganism etc. Millennials will often post “N.B.D.” on their social media after doing it , as in No Big Deal, also known as the “humble brag”…..wondering if Spidey could get into that in some way….he’s super athletic, bendy, strong, intense….and it’s all NBD to him, of course.

- EDM (electronic dance music) is the defining music for Millennials. Wondering if there’s an EDM angle somewhere with Spidey? His movements are beautiful, would be awesome with a killer DJ behind it

- Snapchat just launched a “story” functionality, which is sort of “day in the life of me” told in a series of snapchats that expire after 24 hours. It has a very VIP quality about it, since invitation only. Getting invited into Spidey’s Snapchat circle would be huge, and very buzzworthy and cool.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
And people were wondering why I have little faith in Sony managing the live action spider-man films.

The best email is Fegie's reaction to asm2 going "no one cares about this stuff" and "this is incredibly cliche"

You know I wonder of someone told Felicity Jones that she'd have a big part in asm3 as Black Cat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Amy Pascal was fired 6 years ago.

She's also been a producer on all 3 MCU Spider-Man movies, and Spider-Verse.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

When these are the emails you get, you're probably not super well connected to your properties...

Consider me a boomer because I have never seen anyone in social media post NBD..... EVER.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

nbd is used all the time sarcastically, which means it was used non-sarcastically at one point as the cycle goes.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcprBCaU34U

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Avengers: Quantum Encounter is coming out next summer and certainly is a thing. It's a Disney cruise ship dinner show featuring footage of Captain America (Sam), Captain Marvel, Ant-Man and Wasp taking on non-Spader Ultron.

Sure, why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Gavok posted:

Avengers: Quantum Encounter is coming out next summer and certainly is a thing. It's a Disney cruise ship dinner show featuring footage of Captain America (Sam), Captain Marvel, Ant-Man and Wasp taking on non-Spader Ultron.

Sure, why not.

Disgusting