Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

the switch is so good that even its bad hardware, piles of eshop trash and Nintendo’s laughable management can’t make it a bad console.

Ps5 has no game and all the games (which there aren’t any) are brown the same

Microsoft remembered that people like old games so that’s the console to get if you want to play ps1 games in 60fps

:whitewater: PC gaming :whitewater:

IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Nintendo Shitch

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I own a beefy af computer since I managed to get a 3080 at MSRP, but I will say the Series X is tempting SOLEY because it has Dolby Vision support for games.

Dolby Vision movies I've gotten on 4K disc look notably better than simple HDR, so I'm really interested to see how that translates to gaming.

Then again, I can't imagine anything looking better than Ghost of Tsushima's HDR mode because God drat it's astonishingly gorgeous even if it isn't Dolby Vision.

I gave my partner my Switch because I didn't care to play any of the first party games and everything else was already something I owned on PC.

I like the exclusives Sony has and the backwards compatibility on PS5 made it an easy replacement for my PS4.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Waltzing Along posted:

I don't really understand this gimmick. I mean, we all have stupid gimmicks but your posting about the Xbox in the PS5 thread all the time has me puzzled. Is it a joke? Is it serious? Is it stockholm syndrome?

QoP, being the only xbox owner, is allowed to post in thia thread through sheer will power alone using the built up thirst for games that dont exist.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Blind Rasputin posted:

This is the dumbest grab. If you took a day off of work for this today, just to see this.. I hope you take a day off work tomorrow too so he can take twice your money.

I... Didn't take the day off work? My phone gets push notifications even when I'm at work?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Release the video, tim!

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

In contrast, you shouldn’t have to “request” a day off, ever, for this kind of thing. If self-care for you includes Tim Rogers then you should be able to simply just not come in. No questions asked. My employer still doesn’t understand this.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I might stay home tomorrow but its because its gonna rain 4 inches

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Blind Rasputin posted:

This is the dumbest grab. If you took a day off of work for this today, just to see this.. I hope you take a day off work tomorrow too so he can take twice your money.

Is this a joke about people that take days off to play a game at release?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think people are inventing people to be mad at

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

CharlestheHammer posted:

That’s…not how patreon works

What? I’ve given him $5 every day he’s set a tentative release date. I’ve spent $45 on Tim’s Patreon this year (so far)

I actually took the day off when Sekiro came out, but it was simply a matter of texting my coworker and asking if it was cool, but I knew it would be. I plan on doing that when Elden Ring comes out as well.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Oct 26, 2021

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Oh good I can’t wait for the PlayStation thread to be derailed again for 20 pages discussing some online commentator’s video about a non-PlayStation exclusive game that sucks poo poo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

bop bop perano posted:

What? I’ve given him $5 every day he’s set a tentative release date. I’ve spent $45 on Tim’s Patreon this year (so far)

What? I’ve never seen that. It’s usually just a monthly fee

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

CharlestheHammer posted:

What? I’ve never seen that. It’s usually just a monthly fee

I’m joking, the only Patreon my money goes to is cum town !!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Any big problems with the official Media Remote? Walked past one in Target and hadn't realized a) they exist or b) I guess $30 isn't bad. I did kick the Chromecast out of its HDMI port once I got this and realized it had Hulu and MLB, which was all I was using, so I would use it all the time if it's good.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

the switch is so good that even its bad hardware, piles of eshop trash and Nintendo’s laughable management can’t make it a bad console.

It's getting lamer every year. It peaked like 1.5 years ago. For a toy it's neat.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I got the itch to play some Fallout, so I'm gonna roll a new character in FO4. I want YOU, the viewer to tell me what to do and guide me on my adventure in Bahston.

https://twitch.tv/joedonbaker

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I think in this run of FO4, your character should hate newspapers.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Shammypants posted:

It's getting lamer every year. It peaked like 1.5 years ago. For a toy it's neat.

Shammypants dropping some mother fwiggin hard truths for all the NintenDOGS out there with their fisher price consoles!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

boz posted:

Yeah, some of them seem like monkey paw wishes

"I wish I could make money playing videogames all day"
- gets stuck playing CoD or Fortnite every day until the end of time

Having to deal with parasocial gamers as a profession sounds pretty awful no made what game you get to play.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Been listening to this GDC ‘AI postmortem’ for Death Stranding, it’s interesting https://youtu.be/yqZE5O8VPAU

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

ZeeBoi posted:

Oh good I can’t wait for the PlayStation thread to be derailed again for 20 pages discussing some online commentator’s video about a non-PlayStation exclusive game that sucks poo poo.

Seriously. I'm looking forward to the video as a curiosity, but the other threads aren't doing this. Is it just that my console of choice has poo poo-else going on right now?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sorry the last time people requested to take that subject to a different thread they started stomping their feet in unison and screaming.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Gonna also throw my hat into the ring as someone who is tired of the YouTube man details. Please just go to the other thread.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

instead of posting about posting, i'm going to instead post about the video game powerhouse i played today known as 3D Dot Game Heroes. what a wonder of a game with a robust voxel character editor. i didn't make one though, i picked a pre-made cartoon rumble cloud, cause nothin' says hero like a minimum of two people fighting so raucously that you only see a cloud of dust and cartoon stars popping out. remember to talk to the man in the first inn about the 3d mech game he wants to develop, then visit his cave after every dungeon or else he can't develop his video game

i booted my motherfuckin' ps3 today

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

man nurse posted:

Gonna also throw my hat into the ring as someone who is tired of the YouTube man details. Please just go to the other thread.

Not empty quoting.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

man nurse posted:

Shammypants dropping some mother fwiggin hard truths for all the NintenDOGS out there with their fisher price consoles!

Yea, and stop hustling Shin Megumi Weebei as if it's a good title, LOSERS

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

All video games are toys, I hate to break it to you

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

5layStation P

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Why did we call the PlayStation the PSX anyway

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

haveblue posted:

Sony home computer was msx and PlayStation was originally code named psx. Like Dolphin.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

haveblue posted:

same reason dorks call it Final Fantasy 6

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

haveblue posted:

Before the first playstation, there was a sort of proto-meme that all the even-numbered playstations were bad, and sony wanted to break that cycle by skipping directly to the PS10

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

liquidypoo posted:

instead of posting about posting, i'm going to instead post about the video game powerhouse i played today known as 3D Dot Game Heroes. what a wonder of a game with a robust voxel character editor. i didn't make one though, i picked a pre-made cartoon rumble cloud, cause nothin' says hero like a minimum of two people fighting so raucously that you only see a cloud of dust and cartoon stars popping out. remember to talk to the man in the first inn about the 3d mech game he wants to develop, then visit his cave after every dungeon or else he can't develop his video game

i booted my motherfuckin' ps3 today

I'd love to. Except by the time I got a ps3 the game was too hard to get and there was no digital version.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

3 hours in and im not a kena fan so far.
The level design is like the most boring parts of 3rd person aaa games but done on an indie budget so theres no variety when you are doing the lame uncharted climbing or beating up the same tree dude enemy in the nth combat arena.
The level design is also pretty disorienting and im never sure if im taking the correct path to progress.
Combat is tuned poorly. The only options are story mode: enemies rarely ever attack or normal mode: hope you are great at parrying or else you will die and reload and hard mode: lol if you got gud at this dumb game.
It looks pretty good tho.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

haveblue posted:

No matter how silly your joke is, nothing can possibly compare to the truth: Up until almost release, the system was known internally at Sony as the Play Station Extreme.

I am not kidding.

nerox
May 20, 2001
I got my ps5 finally and have played a poo poo load of Spider-Man today. After I finish Spider-Man I will play the second one about miles, and after that I may just spend all my time swinging through the city cause it’s fun.

Thank you for reading my ps5 blog post.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Is this the best thread for troubleshooting an issue with the ps5?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Bananana posted:

Is this the best thread for troubleshooting an issue with the ps5?

Depends if its a tim rodgers related problem or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tim Rogers lives rent free in his rich girlfriend's apartment she inherited from her relatives, and from his own posts sounds like he is just an amazingly lovely boyfriend.

1) She asked to watch a movie with him a few months ago and he has not done it yet because he's been busy. This particular movie is like 90 minutes long and she's been asking since April
2) Instead of putting away laundry he just throws his clothes over a non functioning tv, because he has no furniture, which he claims is because the apartment is really strict about packages... FRIENDO