Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Strong Sauce posted:

There was some side story about how a woman who wore the mask in Hedgewitch's Mask

who was possessed by Saryth and began dumping human bodies into large eggs or something so I'm guessing that's where the Serpent Egg is going to come from? Maybe?

Also since Saryth is dead.. maybe she is the Legendary Spirit Warlock.
Edit: Oh just realized Katilda is also a Warlock. So probably her instead.

Katilda's soul left her body during the big ritual at the end of Midnight Hunt so even though Olivia murked her body there's a chance Katilda shows up as like the new Soul of Innistrad or something so Spirit Warlock/Shaman would make sense.

Odric seems fine during Midnight Hunt so I'm guessing Thalia might show up as the new Vamp Legend. What other significant characters are left on Innistrad that aren't Planeswalkers? Maybe the Skaab guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Bloodthirst makes more sense for a vampire set than Spectacle and they are pretty similar in terms of caring about dealing damage to your opponent

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I've still been hoping for Planeswalker Thalia after all the poo poo she's seen.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mat Cauthon posted:

Odric seems fine during Midnight Hunt so I'm guessing Thalia might show up as the new Vamp Legend. What other significant characters are left on Innistrad that aren't Planeswalkers? Maybe the Skaab guy?
Did Raven man get a card?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

HootTheOwl posted:

Did Raven man get a card?

Nope never did. And they kind of wrapped up Lilliana's story at the end of Strixhaven without revealing who it was. I'm a bit miffed as that's the longest running unresolved storyline in the entire game afaik. The top theory is he's Leshrac who was hanging out on Shandalar where she got the chain veil.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

fadam posted:

According to Lore Professionals the two characters on one card is probably whoever is getting married, Thalia and Odric (this would be sick but I’m hoping for sexy vampire Thalia personally) or Alena and Halana, a pair of “sister” on two cards I’d never seen or heard of before. It could also be Gitrog and Craterhoof.

Sadly Cratehoof isn't legendary, because that's a lovely idea.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
lol Solitude is 60 bucks.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
“New legendary creature card that combines two previous characters that each had their own legendary creature card”

It’s thalia, chosen of st traft

Lmao or “Edgar and Olivia’s honeymoon cruise”

Mezzanon fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Oct 26, 2021

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

clues draw cards, treasure adds mana, food adds life... what else is there to token? Probably a super generic 1/1 right?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Selfmill.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
"a new token" doesn't have to mean new mechanics

just like there is Gold, Treasure and Etherium Cells that all do the same thing they could also just make a Food token and rename it just for this set

call it "Offering", make the art creepy, and WALLA nothing is broken

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

The World Inferno posted:

clues draw cards, treasure adds mana, food adds life... what else is there to token? Probably a super generic 1/1 right?

Mill, scry, creature token creation, discard, damage, temporary +x/+x or -x/-x, counters...

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

YggdrasilTM posted:

Mill, scry, creature token creation, discard, damage, temporary +x/+x or -x/-x, counters...

Yeah, there are lots of options, but any of them that affect an opponent instead of just providing a resource are not going to be fun as a keyword.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Goa Tse-tung posted:

just like there is Gold, Treasure and Etherium Cells that all do the same thing they could also just make a Food token and rename it just for this set

Blood Bag Tokens.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

2T, Sacrifice this token: Create a clue, treasure, or food token.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

The World Inferno posted:

That’s just a servo. Or the colorless Kamigawa spirits.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

alena and halana are gal pals

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Crack a token to force target player to eat a bug

Combine these two :clint:

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Just as a heads up. 10% cash back just went live on TCG

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DangerDongs posted:

Just as a heads up. 10% cash back just went live on TCG

Cool thanks. I actually had a bunch of stuff in my cart already

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

whydirt posted:

Bloodthirst makes more sense for a vampire set than Spectacle and they are pretty similar in terms of caring about dealing damage to your opponent

At the same time, Innistrad vampires, especially Olivia, would turn even the smallest event into a spectacle, let alone a massive wedding.

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Maro wouldn't put it in the hype-generating teaser if this were the case. It's gotta be something new. I could envision something like "[1], Tap: Deal 1 damage to any target" and call it a Mob Token or something.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

they posted the official release date for kamigawa neon dynasty yesterday

https://wpn.wizards.com/en/article/mark-your-calendars-important-dates-kamigawa-neon-dynasty

quote:

Prerelease: February 11–17, 2022

Release: February 18, 2022

so we get about ~1.5 months of crimsom vow, then about 1 month of double feature, then kamigawa. jeez that feels very fast.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Strong Sauce posted:

they posted the official release date for kamigawa neon dynasty yesterday

https://wpn.wizards.com/en/article/mark-your-calendars-important-dates-kamigawa-neon-dynasty

so we get about ~1.5 months of crimsom vow, then about 1 month of double feature, then kamigawa. jeez that feels very fast.

Hell I'm into it. Do we know if double feature is gonna have anything new or is it all gonna be MID/VOW reprints?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hell I'm into it. Do we know if double feature is gonna have anything new or is it all gonna be MID/VOW reprints?

It's just the combined set but the art will be all black and white and also only at WPN stores. I just checked the date though the release for double feature is jan 28th. so about 2 weeks before kamigawa pre-release.

so just a guess maybe that means is some stores may alternate draft nights to get rid of their midnight hunt supplies.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Yeah I don't feel like Double feature is it's own thing, kind of a pain of it's good and I want to draft Kamigawa though.

Is Geralf accounted for. Don't think he's candidate for a double card (already has one with Gisa) and I don't think he's becoming a vampire, but his sister got a card in Hunt.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Don't remember where, but they confirmed Geralf is going to have a card in Crimson Vow. He might be the one giving zombies flying, actually.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BizarroAzrael posted:

Yeah I don't feel like Double feature is it's own thing, kind of a pain of it's good and I want to draft Kamigawa though.

Is Geralf accounted for. Don't think he's candidate for a double card (already has one with Gisa) and I don't think he's becoming a vampire, but his sister got a card in Hunt.

There's a story about him and Gisa so he's around

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/dance-undeath-2021-09-24

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

LupusAter posted:

Don't remember where, but they confirmed Geralf is going to have a card in Crimson Vow. He might be the one giving zombies flying, actually.

Geralf got reprinted in Innistrad commander

E: Their joint card did too, i guess?

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 26, 2021

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Heads up. Someone spoiled a poster with the name of the two characters getting married...

Supposedly it's, Olivia Voldaren / Edgar Markov

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Thanks to this guy and animation effects we can have typeless permanents sitting around.

They just sit there.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Strong Sauce posted:

Heads up. Someone spoiled a poster with the name of the two characters getting married...

Supposedly it's, Olivia Voldaren / Edgar Markov

Wasn’t this confirmed? For some reason I thought I knew that was the couple.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

fadam posted:

Wasn’t this confirmed? For some reason I thought I knew that was the couple.

The bride was, the groom wasn't, although it was the most obvious answer especially given the lore of Fateful Absence

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Its the most obvious and boring answer. Kinda funny tho isnt olivia like stuck forever as a hot 30 year old while edgar looks 60

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

quote:

• A new mechanic that removes something never removed before

I just thought of something terrible. What if Crimson Vow has a new, stupid, narrow permanent type; and this new mechanic destroys that new permanent.

I'm going to guess the new permanent is "invitations". I'm also going to guess that it's just an Aura that can enter the battlefield before your creature.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Something that removes creature type might be fun, has that been done before?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Something that removes creature type might be fun, has that been done before?
yeah

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

I think the previous dude meant a card that removed the card type 'creature', not creature subtypes.

Offhand I'm not aware of any one card that does that, although it can happen.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Gynovore posted:

I think the previous dude meant a card that removed the card type 'creature', not creature subtypes.

Offhand I'm not away of any one card that does that, although it can happen.

Edit: Song of the Dryads does the same thing but makes it a forest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Gynovore posted:

Offhand I'm not aware of any one card that does that, although it can happen.

I did mean the subtype, but it's cool learning about weird cards anyway