Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I hope I get to try a gated manual before I kick off.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Blackhawk posted:

Rotary phone dial from the 1980's to select a gear.

Rotary gear selects have taken enough lives already. :colbert:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Qmass posted:

I hope I get to try a gated manual before I kick off.

You can get an Audi R8 for less then the market adjustment on a bronco

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
So when are weird performance cars going to start flexing and bringing back handbrakes?

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
MX-5 and the twins both have normal hand brakes.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
My 2020 Impreza (US market) still has one.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

My 2000 Sienna has two.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ziploc posted:

So when are weird performance cars going to start flexing and bringing back handbrakes?

The 2021 Kia Soul has one, they never went away.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I've never seen one of these in person before. Very weirdly proportioned. Neat that they at least got it in a fun color.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

That wagon sure is bloated.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Sab669 posted:

I've never seen one of these in person before. Very weirdly proportioned. Neat that they at least got it in a fun color.

That belt and roof line, must be like driving a coffin.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Good lord. I’m surprised they allow some of the specs they do. Colour coding all the black plastic/carbon looks insanely bad and adds huge amounts of visual weight that some poor designers spent months trying to remove. I saw one a few weeks back with silver painted parts on a black car and it looked like a Hyundai or something. Madness.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
mazda lookin rear end wheels lol

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010

Sab669 posted:

had to do a double take, I thought someone posted a fat version of my car.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Now you know what your car will look like if it’s stung by a bee

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Or gave it a botox injection

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Looks like every car these days.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They’re on the same platform and the RS6 has the same engine, so really not far off.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I had to double check and you're right. In what way is that a Lamborghini again?

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

KillHour posted:

I had to double check and you're right. In what way is that a Lamborghini again?

The same way a Cayenne is a Porsche in that it funds the deep pockets that keep letting them churn out endless special edition 911 models for "purists".

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

My understanding is the Cayenne is actually good off road when fitted with proper tires. That counts for a lot, in my mind.

It would be hilarious and amazing if the lambo suv was legit good off road, too (but that seems unlikely).

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

I came upon these two while taking the scenic route home over a mountain pass during a storm. We were thinking, they really gonna go up there?

Yep

I’d never seen an old Giulia like that before. Turns out they were part of http://thesnowballrally.com/

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

KillHour posted:

I got stuck behind one on the mountain road yesterday and then it belligerently tried to race on the autoroute. Made a nice noise though.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Lamborghini:

Urine?

Anus?

Urus :kiss:

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

BloodBag posted:

Lamborghini:

Urine?

Anus?

Urus :kiss:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurochs

Lambo always used bull types as vehicle names (beside the lm002)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Sab669 posted:

Once again posting the most disgusting user experience ever designed for a car...

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

ryanrs posted:

My understanding is the Cayenne is actually good off road when fitted with proper tires. That counts for a lot, in my mind.

They are competent offroad on the standard tyres even. Wouldnt hesitate to give one a bootful on a rally stage.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Didn't the first-gen have a proper low-range transfer case? I know the Touareg did.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Once again posting the most disgusting user experience ever designed for a car...

Hahahahahaha

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
A Q8 dipped in marinara for double the price

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I want to see a movie/tv sequence where the bank robbers get in to one of those and get caught because they can't figure out how to get it to move forward. Like just a solid minute of them pressing random buttons and pulling on stuff to try and get it to move.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I'm the Eco mode

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

They are competent offroad on the standard tyres even. Wouldnt hesitate to give one a bootful on a rally stage.
Doesn't a goon drive one on rally stages as a support vehicle or something? IIRC they toned down the off-road capabilities after the first gen once they realized nobody in the golf club parking lot cares

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

mobby_6kl posted:

I'm the Eco mode

I think that's a G

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

mobby_6kl posted:

Doesn't a goon drive one on rally stages as a support vehicle or something? IIRC they toned down the off-road capabilities after the first gen once they realized nobody in the golf club parking lot cares

Motronic I believe, and yeah the first and second gen (955 and 957 respectively) got the fancy low range transfer case. The 958 and newer have a single speed transfer case, although it's still got an electronic locker.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Olympic Mathlete posted:

this actually rules

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Lightbulb Out posted:

I think that's a G

It is.

A friend is an ergonomics guy and him and his boss got flown over to Sant'Agata a couple of years back to critique the Urus. Ego mode recalls your custom settings at the pull of the lever so you don't have to play with the buttons every time (because look at that loving nightmare). They asked the design staff there how it worked. None of them knew :v:

The whole couple of day's work was them just roasting the poo poo out of the design from a user perspective and at the end of it all Lamborghini asked them if they could come back at a later date and critique the rest of the range. He told me that Lamborghini said that users hate the gently caress out of that red plastic flap that sits over the start/stop button but they won't take it off now because it's part of the design vibe. You just have to interact with it every single time.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I love the red plastic flap for the same reason I love the key (that they got rid of) in Astons. Yes, it's a pain to have to literally insert your key in the dash instead of leaving it in your pocket. Yes, I constantly feel like I'm doing to break it or it's going to get stuck in there or it will somehow cause the entire car to explode. Yes, if do it too fast or don't hold it long enough or don't recite the magic incantation, the car won't start. But it makes me feel like a goddamn secret agent WAAAY more than the stupid "007 Edition" door sills ever could. Don't daily your Lamborghini, you dorks.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

KillHour posted:

Don't daily your Lamborghini, you dorks.

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Everyone has this idea of "oh I'm going to daily an exotic car and it's going to be so cool" but you just spend all your time sitting in traffic and you realize doing it actually sucks and then you complain to Lamborghini that their supercar isn't comfortable and convenient and can't fit groceries and they go and slap a badge on an Audi SUV. If you're actually mad enough to daily an Aventador, cool, it's your car. But don't buy a fake supercar SUV because your neighbor just bought a G Wagen and you can't face them at the HOA meetings anymore.