Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

and got the first of the Big Grande self releases.....Exit 42.

Exit 42 is so gosh-darn good. I swear I do a relisten monthly; I'll pull up one because I want to hear a specific bit and a few hours later I've gone back through them all.

There are few things funnier to me than the stretch early in the Subway episode where it's just Ryan arguing against paying for the terrible sandwich. "Alright, that's gonna be four-fifty." "For who?"

Friday Night: TFLECBAD. TFCBDLAZ.
Madonna's here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
You don't like a foot long olive with extra vinegar?

Andrew_Jackson5
Jan 9, 2015

what a web sight

The "get a pen that works" exchange in the first Exit 42 is the hardest I've ever laughed at a podcast for whatever reason. It's completely out of nowhere and everyone starts losing it almost instantly.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
As much as I like The Teacher's Lounge, I think Exit 42 is the best thing they've ever done. I would love another season of that.

I really need to relisten to it since I only really recall the vague premises of some of the episodes and none of the jokes, but I remember laughing like crazy at almost every episode.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Yeah there are a few episodes of Exit 42 I've come back to a ridiculous amount of times.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
"Do you want leaded or unleaded?"
"...i want lettuce!"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

You don't like a foot long olive with extra vinegar?

"Sir, you are going to pay for this sandwich."
"[maniacal laughter] I BETCHA I DON'T!"

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I can't remember the exact setup, but the one with the tow truck driver snippets where one of them sets up a situation and then Drew Tarver is just like "look.... Have you been sleeping with my wife?" always gets me.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Edgar Wright's budding friendship with CCB warms my heart.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

The World Inferno posted:

Edgar Wright's budding friendship with CCB warms my heart.

It's been this way for 10 years, I think it's budded already.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The current management at earwolf loving sucks

https://twitter.com/shanecdotes16/status/1452731037105016834

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

With Aukerman gone, who actually is in charge of Earwolf now?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

How is podcasting always such a toxic environment? It’s just people sitting in a room and talking. How do so many people manage to gently caress that up.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Chairman Capone posted:

With Aukerman gone, who actually is in charge of Earwolf now?

Scott's not been in charge of Earwolf for years. I think he sold out to Stitcher but I don't know. Anyway, the answer is "some venture capitalist group". If Hollywood Handbook where still in place I would know the name of whoevers managing on-site. Maybe it's still Colin.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Earwolf is currently owned by SiriusXM.

https://scripps.com/press-releases/scripps-agrees-to-sell-podcasting-business-to-siriusxm-for-325-million/

quote:

Sale price of $325 million, with $265 million of cash upfront; earnout of up to $30 million based on 2020 financial results and paid in 2021; earnout of up to $30 million based on 2021 financial results and paid in 2022
Full price representing an internal rate of return after taxes in the mid-20% range and cash-on-cash return of more than 2x, which incorporates the purchase prices for Midroll and Stitcher of $59.5 million as well as Scripps’ investments in the business over the last five years
Improvement in National Media segment profit and company EBITDA with the elimination of Stitcher annual losses in the high-teens millions of dollars
Estimated tax liability of approximately $70 million assuming the full earnout is achieved. Scripps has approximately $190 million of net operating loss carryforwards that would offset about $40 million in 2020 tax liabilities.
The move of all Stitcher employees to SiriusXM

If someone was getting paid, it was not Scott, who I think sold out super early.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

How is podcasting always such a toxic environment? It’s just people sitting in a room and talking. How do so many people manage to gently caress that up.

its a for-profit business enterprise

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Ick. She was voluntarily resigning.....and was instead let go? Not a good look if this is how it actually happened.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GoutPatrol posted:

If someone was getting paid, it was not Scott, who I think sold out super early.

Yeah IIRC Scott sold out his share of the company before even the Scripps acquisition. He still had a top level "Chief Creative" position or something like that for a while, but I'm guessing he's not super involved with cultivating new series/talent these days.

jeff
Dec 1, 2002
huh

Srice posted:

The current management at earwolf loving sucks

https://twitter.com/shanecdotes16/status/1452731037105016834

"I resigned a month ago and was going to work til November"

How do they suck? That's a long time to keep an employee on the way out around.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

jeff posted:

maybe it's my misophonia talking, but I sort of feel baby voice tiktoks *should* be a fireable offense
https://twitter.com/shanecdotes16/status/1452740883225317381?s=20

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy

jeff posted:

I mean a company tries to keep someone longer in order to on-board a new employee for their own benefit, not that employee's benefit? If I quit and agree to stay for a few extra months that is me doing them a favor, not the other way around.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
She goes on to clarify in the Reddit thread:

Shannon from Earwolf posted:

I made this after being asked after hours to edit a video for a comedian who doesn’t work here as a favor to a higher up. Something I would have done without complaint forever and always cause I am a doormat. Having resigned finally made me feel like I could say no to poo poo like that so I made a silly video. AND I STILL EDITED THE VIDEO ANYWAY CAUSE AGAIN, DOORMAT!!!!

She publicly expressed frustration with being asked to do something outside of the scope of Earwolf work, after hours. So management decided that they could be more petty about this.

Also worth noting that former Earwolf producer Dana has a comment farther down the thread - "Let me be very very clear: There are specific individuals + company decisions / vibes that caused ALL of this before SXM was in the picture. The exodus was ramping up before that acquisition."

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Colin you filthy motherfucker, you killed Earwolf!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Maybe it’s time to make a CBB World thread?

The wolf dead.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

whydirt posted:

Maybe it’s time to make a CBB World thread?

The wolf dead.

It would be nice to have a thread with a list of shows that currently exist in the OP.

But on the other hand it is fun to look at the OP as a time capsule of sorts.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

JethroMcB posted:

She goes on to clarify in the Reddit thread:

also from dana, re: aukerman's involvement, sounds like he's genuinely not one of the problems

quote:

ProducerDana 14h
omg yes yes all things CBBWORLD and Scott and Brett related are very very safe and they have nothing to do with the toxic culture! I’m talking about managers / suits, not hosts!

quote:

ProducerDana 12h
no worries at all! I’ve explained it in other threads, but when Scripps acquired Earwolf in 2015, Scott and Jeff sold their shares / were no longer involved on the management / c-suite side. So it’s been almost 7 years since Scott has had any say or involvement in that way. He is just the founder of Earwolf and that’s it in this context!

probably unironically is colin and others

eke out fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 26, 2021

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Ulrich lives

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Scott does a very good David Lynch voice.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

:siren: Surprise Solo Bolo :siren:

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/FCwyamdX0AAdeVF.mp4

Also CBB Presents this week is Leo Karpartze. Haven't listened to it yet, but fingers crossed they're doing a (safe) in person Halloween special before covid numbers spike and we all retreat again for the winter.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Haha holy poo poo I made this post elsewhere as a total gag and not even considering it might happen

quote:

Tired: Leo Karpatze bonus episode on Thursday?!
Wired: CBB Presents Leo Karpatze episode on Wednesday?!

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Halfway through Leo's show. Nick brings all the co-hosts of his shows and it's great.

Lord knows how long CBB World can/should go on, but in the moment it's totally living up to Scott's dream of creative's making stuff that they find interesting and entertaining, everything else be damned. Sloppy, hit and miss, and so refreshing.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Imagining Scott reluctantly contacting Wiger and saying "Alright, nerd: I know your stupid bit will pull subscribers, do you think you can stretch your single premise out to an hour?"

(I'm super pumped to hear this.)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The World Inferno posted:

Lord knows how long CBB World can/should go on...

Financials aside, the concept seems like it could go on indefinitely. I think any given improvisor will jump at the chance to stretch a popular character into a 40 minute + show. If there's a broad base of people to ask, and the main CBB show suggests there still is, then you don't have any one creator burning out.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I mean Womp It Up is currently on hiatus I think but that one has managed to go for years and I still enjoy it any time I listen (actually maybe it's one of the CBB world shows idk I haven't subscribed yet)

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Oct 28, 2021

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

JethroMcB posted:

Imagining Scott reluctantly contacting Wiger and saying "Alright, nerd: I know your stupid bit will pull subscribers, do you think you can stretch your single premise out to an hour?"

(I'm super pumped to hear this.)

brand new song at the end makes it all worth it

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

mennoknight posted:

brand new song at the end makes it all worth it

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Okay, Leo Karpartze is pushing me over the edge. Take my money, Aukerman, you got me.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Has Scaroline's murder been solved yet?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
So weird that Dalton keeps getting notes to stop talking about monsters on his show, but then the network turns around and makes a goddamn monster dating show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

I mean a company tries to keep someone longer in order to on-board a new employee for their own benefit, not that employee's benefit? If I quit and agree to stay for a few extra months that is me doing them a favor, not the other way around.

Yep, she probably gave a month's notice to be helpful, letting her go a week before her notice is up for venting on TikTok is incredibly petty.