Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

wtf lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

god star fox 64 kicks rear end even if the button mapping is weird. zl is flip left and r is flip right, and you have to hold zr and hit right on the d buttons to answer rob's calls

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

people on twitter are sayin that they're usin a later iso for the port, maybe its just a version difference? also some of this poo poo is speedrun manipulations, like theres a picture going around of link without a top half and thats just some speedrunner fuckin around

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I'm the guy at Nintendo who picks the random (unchangeable) controller mappings for each N64 game. For this one, you have to hold ZR and the right controller stick to do the Z button. For this one, you have to press the left stick in and half-press A to do C-Up. I'll keep doing this until you buy the $40 controller.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Tato posted:

I'm the guy at Nintendo who picks the random (unchangeable) controller mappings for each N64 game. For this one, you have to hold ZR and the right controller stick to do the Z button. For this one, you have to press the left stick in and half-press A to do C-Up. I'll keep doing this until you buy the $40 controller.

jokes on you, i already bought the $40 controller bitch

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tato posted:

you sound like a real jerk!!!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Kind of expected but confirmed they disabled the expansion spot on the back.

Some site got ahold of theirs early so there's a pretty good look at it: https://www.vooks.net/hands-on-with-the-nintendo-64-controller-for-nintendo-switch/

I wonder if they patched out references to the memory card pak in games like Mario Kart?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Tato posted:

this is why im waiting until i can get one of the controllers before i upgrade my subscription lol

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I wonder if they patched out references to the memory card pak in games like Mario Kart?

no. you cant race against your ghost in time trials in mario kart 64 because there is no memory pak and people are really mad about it lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kind of expected but confirmed they disabled the expansion spot on the back.

Some site got ahold of theirs early so there's a pretty good look at it: https://www.vooks.net/hands-on-with-the-nintendo-64-controller-for-nintendo-switch/

they absolutely did not

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

what does your heart tell you

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

does this mean that the stone of agony doesn't work?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

does this mean that the stone of agony doesn't work?

the rumble pak still works

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Fungah! posted:

they absolutely did not

oh geez lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fungah! posted:

they absolutely did not

Lmao loving hell

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Fungah! posted:

they absolutely did not

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

they absolutely did not

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wish Miiverse was still around right now

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I think this a lot

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Has anyone dremeled out the back to make sure they arent just hiding it?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

y cant pak insert?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Controller Pak is supported, but it's a 100% accurate emulation of this one

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

you cant have both the rumble pak and the memory pak in the controller at the same time... nintendo is just accurately recreating the nintendo 64 experience smh

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This, but at all other times too

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Looking forward to finally playing OoT

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Fungah! posted:

they absolutely did not

Lol

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
controllers are back up for sale amigos

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
yep was just about to post it:

https://store.nintendo.com/nintendo-64-controller.html

In for 4

The Genesis ones are back in stock too

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

have this thought at least once a week

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/TheyCallMeDSP/status/1453043989905477635

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Need to add Suomalaiset and Nipponese game devs to the list of Phil's vanquished foes

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
dps has never been wrong

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
For you it was the biggest "I TOLD You So!" day in gaming news with Housemarque adding resume feature to Returnal some 6 months later and Nintendo's overly expensive online service being crappy emulated versions w/ bad graphics that can't save properly.

For me, it was Tuesday.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

For you it was the biggest "I TOLD You So!" day in gaming news with Housemarque adding resume feature to Returnal some 6 months later and Nintendo's overly expensive online service being crappy emulated versions w/ bad graphics that can't save properly.

For me, it was Tuesday.

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

For me, it was Tuesday.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

American McGay posted:

For me, it was Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Nintendo is using Ultra HLE from Zophar’s Domain downloaded with the archive.org wayback machine