Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Quattro.

Four Murasame.

Duo Maxwell.

Zechs Merquise (6)

Treize Khushrenada (13)

Lady Une (1)
Four Murasame is a serial number because she doesn't have a proper name.

Basically all the names in Gundam Wing were number themed, that was kind of its thing.

No excuses for old 4 Vaginas though.

edit: jesus what a terrible snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Full Frontal

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Looking for a hypothetical blog post someone must have made in the past twenty years that posits the question about whether or not it's just the accent that make/made British dudes on the internet popular. And then I reply, "Yeah it turns out it was just the accents all along a bunch of them turned out to be dum-dums."
you can just google american attitudes on british accents and peruse dozens of pages of academic papers on it.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Quattro.

Four Murasame.

Duo Maxwell.

Zechs Merquise (6)

Treize Khushrenada (13)

Lady Une (1)

also literally the rest of the gundam wing cast lol

Nuns with Guns posted:

You all need to stop making up really cool Gundam names that will rattle around in my head while I try to sleep.

tomino certainly got some good names into gundam but his best names were all in fuckin l-gaim

https://twitter.com/behemilf/status/1277455219765374977

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Quattro.

Four Murasame.

Duo Maxwell.

Zechs Merquise (6)

Treize Khushrenada (13)

Lady Une (1)

I'm well aware of Char Aznable's alias. It used to be a joke in a prior avatar/custom title of mine. The only other old-shool Gundam name that kind of has that going that I could think of was Kamille Bidan, which might be because he was the 2nd protag? It's also the franchise with Amuro Ray, Fraw Bow, Sayla Mass, Bright Noa, Roux Louka, Elpeo Ple, Glemy Toto, Fa Yuiry, Bernard Wiseman, Christina Mackenzie, Domon Kasshu, Chibodee Crocket, George de Sand, Karen Joshua, Terry Sanders Jr., Michel Ninorich, etc.

Ailumao posted:

tomino certainly got some good names into gundam but his best names were all in fuckin l-gaim

Now that's some quality names. I can't wait until we get to the space future and can name our children poo poo like that.

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Oct 26, 2021

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Quattro.

Four Murasame.

Duo Maxwell.

Zechs Merquise (6)

Treize Khushrenada (13)

Lady Une (1)

are you gundamsplaining to someone with a haman karn beach episode avatar

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ailumao posted:

lmbo who said art was dead

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

l-gaim's first op is also fuckin sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nuvca6MPO0s

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Doc Destructo has blessed us with a 30 minute 2 Steven Seagal video. It's public and free on Patreon, so you can just watch that right now.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I saw JonTron was trending on Twitter and said to myself, "I bet he said something stupid and anti-vax, but gently caress clicking to find out." I'm glad my suspicions were correct.

Also, page 666 :unsmigghh:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hail Satan
Hail gein
Hail me

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I think what got to me is the followers accusing anyone of calling him an idiot of being pro dog torture.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shinji2015 posted:

I saw JonTron was trending on Twitter and said to myself, "I bet he said something stupid and anti-vax, but gently caress clicking to find out." I'm glad my suspicions were correct.

Also, page 666 :unsmigghh:

https://twitter.com/KEEMSTAR/status/1452644553132060688

Here's some good news to balance it out: this toxic gnome is calling it quite for mysterious, sudden, and completely unsuspicious reasons.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

i loving love youtube

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

i loving love youtube

What video is that a response to :lol:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

nine-gear crow posted:

Here's some good news to balance it out: this toxic gnome is calling it quite for mysterious, sudden, and completely unsuspicious reasons.

Either he's managed a deal on one of the nutcase "news networks" like OAN or this is a publicity stunt.

Grifters like him don't just quit.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
unless keemstar is going to jail he's not retiring and will be back in a month or less

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

MiddleOne posted:

What video is that a response to :lol:
the jpg is also a link to the video. i think you will like it.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

nine-gear crow posted:

i absolutely believe the biggest drama queen of youtube is quitting and won't return after we all had to endure 10 3-hour video essays on his bs drama

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Youtube popped NovaraMedia a few hours ago.

https://twitter.com/novaramedia/status/1452948347438911490?t=qFIX15KWUD4b2n7uaD-peQ&s=19

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

They're back now.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Whats Novara Media again?
I need to know how to feel about this!

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Independent British Left Wing news organisation, probably the best source of political commentary in the UK. Somewhat despised by the establishment media.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Aha
Well good for them

(though I can already hear the people on the other side claiming this would never happen for a rightwing channel

edit: Heck half of that twitter thread is already saying its what they deserve for wanting hatespeech channels removed from youtube)

DeafNote fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Oct 26, 2021

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Kunster posted:

I think what got to me is the followers accusing anyone of calling him an idiot of being pro dog torture.

The dog experiment thing is fake, isn't it?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Someone in my discord looked into it and apparently beagles are often used in animal testing because they're relatively cheap and docile.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Max Wilco posted:

According to Snopes, UGA did get a bunch of money from the NIH to test some new drug on beagles for lymphatic filariasis but whether Fauci approved it is unclear.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Max Wilco posted:

The specifics might be wrong (like any pictures are probably fake) but medical testing to make sure treatments don't kill humans inevitably involve killing animals.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Just wait until the anti-vaxxers find out how we developed insulin, or how we produced it until we figured out how to insert genes into bacteria.

Like... this is the reality of things. The exploitation of animals is straight up a cornerstone of civilization, and they're the types that laugh at the people who want to change it. Are they all vegan now? I thought they laughed at people who want their products cruelty free and who don't eat meat.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
lol gently caress jontron
https://twitter.com/JonTronShow/status/1452808460073058309
I'm not saying to not get vaccinated, I'm just saying Fauci is for torturing animals and using a phrase that's associated with anti-vaxxers while mocking anyone who disagrees with me!

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Oct 26, 2021

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Brian Dave Gilbert's AAAH!BBA album is out on YouTube and I strongly feel that this is the best track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sABdtEaKMYE

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i normally never make posts like this but why do we care what this complete psychopath's riding the latest hot take coattails of enough to rss feed it for multiple pages, nobody in here watches him and he hasn't gotten his fingers in the pies of any creator this thread shares the content of

it's just depressing and i bet 90% of the thread couldve bet money on what his covid opinions would be and won without looking, or any other lovely view ever for that matter

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

YggiDee posted:

Brian Dave Gilbert's AAAH!BBA album is out on YouTube and I strongly feel that this is the best track:

I made a comment a few weeks back that the little videos he had been posting lately had been pretty disappointing and I'd be fine with just his bigger projects every 4-6 months.

God drat, it's so good.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Violen posted:

i normally never make posts like this but why do we care what this complete psychopath's riding the latest hot take coattails of enough to rss feed it for multiple pages, nobody in here watches him and he hasn't gotten his fingers in the pies of any creator this thread shares the content of

it's just depressing and i bet 90% of the thread couldve bet money on what his covid opinions would be and won without looking, or any other lovely view ever for that matter

Because it's the online creators thread

YggiDee posted:

Agreed, it's easily the best of these covers

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Grondoth posted:

Just wait until the anti-vaxxers find out how we developed insulin, or how we produced it until we figured out how to insert genes into bacteria.

Like... this is the reality of things. The exploitation of animals is straight up a cornerstone of civilization, and they're the types that laugh at the people who want to change it. Are they all vegan now? I thought they laughed at people who want their products cruelty free and who don't eat meat.

People like that dont operate so consistently. They just latch onto whatever makes their argument sounds better/their opponents argument worse.

DeafNote fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 26, 2021

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Kunster posted:

I mean, have you heard of this thing called QAnon? That's pretty much been the conspiracy nut tactic now; to tie their opponents to horrible stuff, distant, real or totally imagined.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Trying not to pop in every time we update but since people were interested: JRPG podcast Lightning Strikes Thrice has just wrapped* its season on Xenosaga Episode II, and the final recording actually features multiple hosts breaking to the point only half of us covered the post-game.

Even if you don't want to listen, I feel like I need to shout out the amazing shitposting Matt has been doing in the back half with our episode art.

* sort of, we split the very long final recording session in two

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

secretly best girl posted:

Trying not to pop in every time we update but since people were interested: JRPG podcast Lightning Strikes Thrice has just wrapped* its season on Xenosaga Episode II, and the final recording actually features multiple hosts breaking to the point only half of us covered the post-game.

Even if you don't want to listen, I feel like I need to shout out the amazing shitposting Matt has been doing in the back half with our episode art.

* sort of, we split the very long final recording session in two

I want to thank you for introducing me to this, because I listened to all the Xenosaga 1 stuff, became a Patron, and have eagerly awaited the conclusion of Xenosaga 2. You all are putting in some great work, and I am looking forward to the conclusion of the series and also hearing you all eventually tear apart Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which I adore.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

unless keemstar is going to jail he's not retiring and will be back in a month or less
I haven't been in the loop regarding Drama Alert since 2014. When did he become satan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Willo567 posted:

lol gently caress jontron
https://twitter.com/JonTronShow/status/1452808460073058309
I'm not saying to not get vaccinated, I'm just saying Fauci is for torturing animals and using a phrase that's associated with anti-vaxxers while mocking anyone who disagrees with me!

So he's basically just a somehow even more racist version of TheQuartering, except everyone knows that Jeremy Hambly (like his mainstream media counterpart Tucker Carlson) is secretly fully vaccinated even as he sells fear of the vaccine to his room temperature IQ audience. JonTron is probably unvaccinated and might have a Herman Cain Award looming in his future.

Because basically every health expert has said now that COVID is so endemic now that if you're unvaccinated, it's no longer a matter of if you get the virus, it's more a matter of when will the virus get you instead.