Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

that's the thing that gets me about this, I wouldn't mind the price increase if they just loving committed to to dropping a couple of games every month. but based on their past history I have zero faith that this won't just be switch online 1.0 all over again

then dont pay for it and spend your time thinking abotu and doing something else that makes you happy. its truly as easy as that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

man nurse posted:

I mean it’s not like the issues present with the N64 stuff can’t be patched or addressed, but given how slowly they dripfeed content into the services, ehhhh

The problem is this isn't just a game launch where they can throw their hands up and say "whoops, we missed a bug, we'll get right on that". The emulator they're building and using for this has to be relatively-standardized, so they've got some serious issues in the engine itself that should've been caught and crushed well before now. The memory pak incompatibility simply should not exist if they're going to have a game like Operation Winback in the launch lineup.

Mr Phillby posted:

Also theres more input lag in mario 64 through NSO than the version in 3D allstars had, despite presumably running on the exact same emulator. How does that even happen?

Different math to get the same result. The All-Stars version would've been specifically tailored to make Super Mario 64 run on the Switch itself. The version in NSO is likely "just" the original game sitting in a more generic emulation container. N64 games are insane hellbeasts of code, and making them work at-all requires tailoring to each individual title because they're all their own special flavor of hosed programming.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

KingSlime posted:

My older brother told me to shut up
u little bitch when I asked him not to rotate the N64 joystick with his palm

I paid for that controller out of my own bday money/pocket :(

Anyways now he has like three kids and lives in poverty so w/e

lmao I'm sure there's more to this in your head but you literally just posted "my brother called me a bitch in the 90s and maybe damaged a video game controller but he lives in poverty with 3 kids now so whatever"

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
i bought a switch so i could play slay the spire on the toilet and then they released it on the phone so now i have two ways of playing slay the spire on the toilet but now i need Nintendo to release a TurboGrafx collection so i can play splatterhouse on the toilet. who owns those rights and will it ever happen?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

The Postman posted:

lmao I'm sure there's more to this in your head but you literally just posted "my brother called me a bitch in the 90s and maybe damaged a video game controller but he lives in poverty with 3 kids now so whatever"

truly illuminating lol

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

The Postman posted:

He didn't stutter.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

hotdog feet posted:

i bought a switch so i could play slay the spire on the toilet and then they released it on the phone so now i have two ways of playing slay the spire on the toilet but now i need Nintendo to release a TurboGrafx collection so i can play splatterhouse on the toilet. who owns those rights and will it ever happen?

Konami bought Hudson Soft so it would be them.

Your best bet is to try to get an Analogue Pocket when they put the preorders up again. It'll most likely have TurboGrafx support through the unofficial jailbreak upon release.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hotdog feet posted:

Good news op splatterhouse is in the Namco Museum Arcade Pac along with Dig Dug and Galaga

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

Your best bet is to try to get an Analogue Pocket when they put the preorders up again. It'll most likely have TurboGrafx support through the unofficial jailbreak upon release.

i was not expecting a genuinely helpful response but i appreciate it and will check that thing out

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Good news op splatterhouse is in the Namco Museum Arcade Pac along with Dig Dug and Galaga

Galaga sucks

The Postman
May 12, 2007

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

He didn't stutter.

Yeah just a totally normal way to set up a story celebrating your family suffering

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hotdog feet posted:

Galaga sucks

What the gently caress!!!!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

The Postman posted:

It's a joke you goober I love my bro and his family

This fuckin thread lol

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

hotdog feet posted:

i was not expecting a genuinely helpful response but i appreciate it and will check that thing out

I don't know what the state of TurboGrafx emulation on those ubiquitous Android emulator handhelds is, but that might also be a cheaper and more viable option.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

yes but does it have namco games i haven't rebought a billion times before like legend of valkyrie, marvel land or phelios

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

The Postman posted:

Yeah just a totally normal way to set up a story celebrating your family suffering

I, too, thought it was a sincere and accurate portrayal of reality.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

if youre going to do thath just get one of the much cheaper emulator things instead lol

The Postman
May 12, 2007

KingSlime posted:

It's a joke you goober I love my bro and his family

This fuckin thread lol

Sorry I was having trouble differentiating that lovely post from all of your others asserting stick drift doesn't exist and all information online regarding it is made up. Very good jokes!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Just be cool dude

This is where someone posts "Nintendo"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I forgot that Namco made Splatterhouse.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

hotdog feet posted:

Galaga sucks
gently caress off.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Willo567 posted:

yes but does it have namco games i haven't rebought a billion times before like legend of valkyrie, marvel land or phelios

It has Tower of Druaga if you want one of those hyper cryptic puzzle dungeon games that Japanese gamers liked in the 80s for some reason

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Stux posted:

if youre going to do thath just get one of the much cheaper emulator things instead lol
Analogue Pocket isn't an emulator.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the more obscure Namco arcade games are always a mixed bag because it's cool but then you'd realize you'd rather be playing Rally-X instead

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Stux posted:

wtf the deku tree just DIED bro

Not MY deku tree. :colbert:

#BreathOfTheWild

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
lol all these people defending galaga. he wasn't funny at all "park in a drive way, drive in a parkway" yeah, ok

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

American McGay posted:

Analogue Pocket isn't an emulator.

the part hes talking about is jailbreaking it to emulate turbographx

The Postman
May 12, 2007

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I, too, thought it was a sincere and accurate portrayal of reality.

lol yes, that's exactly what i'm saying, not "what a weird loving thing to post, even as a joke"

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

hotdog feet posted:

Galaga sucks

Not wrong.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I forgot that Namco made Splatterhouse.

I actually didn't know it was an arcade port at all until I saw it in a Namco Museum game

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day

Stux posted:

then dont pay for it and spend your time thinking abotu and doing something else that makes you happy. its truly as easy as that.

that is good advice and I will oblige

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
My brother actually has all the riches in the world. Because he has children that love him.

Although replacing broken joycons has been really messing with his finances lately :( If you want to blame anybody for the state of their mobile home and unfashionable cloths you should really be pointing the finger at Nintendo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
people will post any wrong bull poo poo in this thread like stick drift not existing or Galaga being a bad game

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
my sister kind of sucks but, hey, at least she never broke one of my controllers!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

KingSlime posted:

My brother actually has all the riches in the world. Because he has children that love him.

Although replacing broken joycons has been really messing with his finances lately :( If you want to blame anybody for the state of their mobile home and unfashionable cloths you should really be pointing the finger at Nintendo
Nah, seems like mostly unvetted unreliable sources and I don't know a single person with a joycon drift so I'm not worried about it tbh.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I mean I'm not worried either I'm not the one paying for them 😉

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Galaga is good but it got outdone dozens of times just two years after release.

But anyway my sister gave me a black eye because she pushed me out of the way so she could play Majoras Mask. Landed right on the edge of a trash can lol

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

KingSlime posted:

Just be cool dude

This is where someone posts "Nintendo"

Ninten-oh gently caress you got me!

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm excited for Voice Of Farts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006