Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

why would you skip the second best show behind F4D with Lancelot Thunder Storm

Because idgaf about NJPW strong or smackdown pretty much 100% of the time and I only have so many hours in the day to listen to observer shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I wish there were more hours in the day, for me to listen to Observer shows

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Was Bloodsport good enough to order the on demand this week?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

if you liked the other ones yes

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Was Bloodsport good enough to order the on demand this week?

Yeah man Bloodsport was incredible. The LA Dojo boys killed it. Watch Coughlin be a complete monster.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The_Rob posted:

Yeah man Bloodsport was incredible. The LA Dojo boys killed it. Watch Coughlin be a complete monster.

I saw the video of his one armed deadlift and Jesus Christ I think the only other person I can imagine being able to do that is Jeff Cobb.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shane Mercer too.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yea ok posted:

Figure Four Daily with Bryan Alvarez and Filthy Tom Lawlor is back with tons to talk about including a full recap of Smackdown, a total meltdown regarding the championship belt exchange, New Japan Strong, and an AWESOME GCW Bloodsport show that you should stop and go order right loving now. A fun show as always so check it out~!
did they just read out posts from this forum or

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

I wish there were more hours in the day, for me to listen to Observer shows

big same

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The rant turning into an utter condemnation of how this is all of WWE's (or Vince McMahon's) stupid self-inflicted problems coming to an inevitable head was really great - this is what happens when you remove ALL autonomy from your wrestlers and utterly refuse to be moved or change your mind or hear any dissenting opinions on terrible stupid and lovely ideas and finally the wrestlers have just loving had enough and throw a tantrum in the middle of the ring live on the air.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the meltdown did not disappoint

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it wasnt quite the level of the gold boat rant but it was still really good

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

anyone got a timestamp on the rant?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Lone Goat posted:

anyone got a timestamp on the rant?

I think they put the whole thing on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnylqa7Zxug

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

No that's the WOL rant, the F4D rant was way angrier. The belt segment starts around 21:15.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

njsykora posted:

No that's the WOL rant, the F4D rant was way angrier. The belt segment starts around 21:15.

This is magical lol. Thanks for the time stamp.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
*deadlock JR voice* oh ma gawd..

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

njsykora posted:

meltdown delivered

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

just listened. very good.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I like how bryan says if you want to here him rant on the segment listen to wol then minutes later he is ranting

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The amount of ECW pay-per-views it took to break B&V into not watching anymore was the same as the amount as Monday Night Wars episodes.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I like how bryan says if you want to here him rant on the segment listen to wol then minutes later he is ranting

he just cant help himself. the man loves ranting and wwe gives him so many opportunities

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Jesus christ this is a good meltdown.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

The amount of ECW pay-per-views it took to break B&V into not watching anymore was the same as the amount as Monday Night Wars episodes.

Pity, they could have tied 'It Ain't Seinfeld' in to another sitcom watch.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Edward Mass posted:

Thanks for reminding me I need to go back and listen to these now I have a sub again.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lol Bryan burying the poem contest:

"NOTE: The early part of the Granny show was not recorded, you missed a short Facebook poetry contest but honestly not much else. If it was worth it I'd have tried to salvage it, but it honestly wasn't. You got the best parts of the show. A fun time as always so check it out~!"

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Kept you waiting, huh? Did I already make that joke? Probably.

Bryan and Vinny vs. Nitro and Russo - WCW Review with Video - Nov 22nd 1999

There's been a PPV between last episode and this one, and Bret Hart is your world champ! The Outsiders are less all over this episode, but Jeff Jarrett is, so it's a wash. The ongoing Lex and Elizabeth weirdness continues, there's soap opera poo poo, more stuff about THE WRITERS, lots of bad, short matches. It's not quite as wacky or rant-filled as previous episodes, but it's still a delightful dose of Russo for you.

FEATURING: Piano playing, Meng being Meng, attempted flag burning, a large woman crushing a smaller woman's head between her thighs, an abrupt heel turn, an abrupt face turn, Roddy Piper, Vince Russo's filthy toothbrush, Nitro Girls fighting, attempted murder, a limo driver who's completely dead inside, another woman in another shark cage, a faction breaking up, infidelity, a stoned hippie, WCW cologne, and the debut of Stacy Kiebler!

Smooth video on Dailymotion: https://dai.ly/x854prg

I'm following their recommended export settings more closely, so hopefully this processes into HD.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Nice to see another one of these, always a treat.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Dango Bango posted:

"NOTE: The early part of the Granny show was not recorded, you missed a short Facebook poetry contest but honestly not much else. If it was worth it I'd have tried to salvage it, but it honestly wasn't. You got the best parts of the show. A fun time as always so check it out~!"

I came here to check why the show started in the middle of Granny's wrestling report.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

idk if i had a case of the goofs or if b&v was way funnier than usual (already very funny) i was laughing like a freak

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

yea ok posted:

idk if i had a case of the goofs or if b&v was way funnier than usual (already very funny) i was laughing like a freak

Bryan was incredibly snarky throughout the whole thing and Vinny was just over it all.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

"Which one won again? The one that put over Granny and cracked a short joke about me? :rolleyes:" :lol:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

man Semp is not equipped to deal with something like "breaking news: ROH is releasing everyone."

The endless clauses and "we'll just have to see".....dude, just say it sucks, because it does.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm not exactly sure on the timing but I think the ROH news broke during him spluttering on trying to make a point in an overcomplicated way and Bryan actually tried to bring it up, then ended up just going,"Well we've got big news after the break" and had to sit on it for like 3 minutes before they came back.

Sempervive has been a lot better recently but this most recent WOL he was back into full,"I'm having an argument with a fictional version of Bryan Alvarez and somehow still losing it" mode.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

El Generico posted:

There's been a PPV between last episode and this one, and Bret Hart is your world champ! The Outsiders are less all over this episode, but Jeff Jarrett is, so it's a wash. The ongoing Lex and Elizabeth weirdness continues, there's soap opera poo poo, more stuff about THE WRITERS, lots of bad, short matches. It's not quite as wacky or rant-filled as previous episodes, but it's still a delightful dose of Russo for you.

FEATURING: Piano playing, Meng being Meng, attempted flag burning, a large woman crushing a smaller woman's head between her thighs, an abrupt heel turn, an abrupt face turn, Roddy Piper, Vince Russo's filthy toothbrush, Nitro Girls fighting, attempted murder, a limo driver who's completely dead inside, another woman in another shark cage, a faction breaking up, infidelity, a stoned hippie, WCW cologne, and the debut of Stacy Kiebler!

I'm following their recommended export settings more closely, so hopefully this processes into HD.

Legit, these are some of my favorite wrestling content out there, thanks for doing them.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

El Generico posted:

These are wonderful, thank you for continuing to do them!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

El Generico posted:

Oh man, I loving love these, thank you so much.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

El Generico posted:

Holy poo poo the opening alone is incredible with the argument on if Bryan is the oldest sibling in his family :xd:

Thanks as always for doing these.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan: Eddie Kingston isn't going to have the physique of Brakkus.
Dave: Well that wouldn't help him he'd pull a muscle and be a lovely worker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan: Eddie Kingston isn't going to have the physique of Brakkus.
Dave: Well that wouldn't help him he'd pull a muscle and be a lovely worker.

lmao