Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Melthir posted:

Dune 2 is greenlit

I for one did not think that would happen, ya know, since sci-fi movie with ambitous french director in Hollywood and all. Time to go see bloody dunc then :arghfist::confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/1453021349694279690?s=20

vote like ur life depends on it!!!!1

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Untagged posted:

I used to know a guy who would go to Costco for the $1.50 hotdog and drink combo several times a week. Even with the annual membership cost, it's probably one of the cheapest meals you can get.

My friend

You do not need a membership to use the food court

The Gospel of the 1.50 quarter pound hot dog and fountain drink with refill is open to all.

PBUC

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

That Works posted:

I only get mine filled with around 70% nitrogen, what's the advantage for the rest?

You'll want to bump that up to at least 78%

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Lawgoons, is that common or not? It feels like if the system presumes innocent until guilty you really shouldn't be calling victims, victims in a courtroom. I could just be wrong though and looking too deeply into what innocent until guilty actually means practically speaking.

Not saying it's not hosed, because it is hosed.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Defenestrategy posted:

Lawgoons, is that common or not? It feels like if the system presumes innocent until guilty you really shouldn't be calling victims, victims in a courtroom. I could just be wrong though and looking too deeply into what innocent until guilty actually means practically speaking.

Not saying it's not hosed, because it is hosed.

Lawyer buddy of mine said it wasn't too unusual. If it was a case of trying to determine who killed X, then X is the victim and the murderer's identity is in question. If its a case of self-defense (presumed or otherwise) then leading with them as "victims" has some prejudice.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
IDK it seems like the party shot is a victim, and that would be so even of the affirmative defense held.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/LauraLitvan/status/1453094376415109128?t=P1RbLNtrpn-mU6dojcOTbg&s=19

Going to be fun when the general public realizes that some of the most anti-vax people in the world are mothers of schoolchildren. And there ain't poo poo that the kids with half a functioning brain can do to get the shot if their parents won't let them get it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

facialimpediment posted:

And there ain't poo poo that the kids with half a functioning brain can do to get the shot if their parents won't let them get it.

Sales of trench coats are going up.

Don’t make the mistake of investing in fake moustaches—they’re unnecessary when masks are in use.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

In court the victim is still the victim regardless of other unrelated issues. If you go and shoot eddie gallager tomorrow hes still the victim in court regardlless of the fact that hes a war crimibal

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

That Works posted:

Lawyer buddy of mine said it wasn't too unusual. If it was a case of trying to determine who killed X, then X is the victim and the murderer's identity is in question. If its a case of self-defense (presumed or otherwise) then leading with them as "victims" has some prejudice.

"Decedent" would be my fall back term, since it just means "a person who died." If the judge pushes back on *that*, he's clearly biased for the defendant.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

There's something wrong with this dude like physically. I can't place my finger on it

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Milo and POTUS posted:

There's something wrong with this dude like physically. I can't place my finger on it

If you look closely, he’s actually a piece of poo poo.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Soul Dentist posted:

They're better with fluctuating temperatures and maintaining inflation. I wouldn't care except it's $0 at Costco and I ate pizza the whole time.

Goddamnit, we're trying not to maintain the inflation!!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

MA-Horus posted:

My friend

You do not need a membership to use the food court

The Gospel of the 1.50 quarter pound hot dog and fountain drink with refill is open to all.

PBUC

I've heard this for years but I think it is location specific. For Costcos with outdoor food courts I believe they don't bother checking memberships as it would slow transactions too much, but if the food court is inside the building you need a card to enter.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[quote="facialimpediment" post="518781169"]
https://twitter.com/LauraLitvan/status/1453094376415109128?t=P1RbLNtrpn-mU6dojcOTbg&s=19

DAY 1 BABY!

Woooooooooo!

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Defenestrategy posted:

It feels like if the system presumes innocent until guilty you really shouldn't be calling victims, victims in a courtroom.

Apparently it's fine to presume they're arsonists though. JFC.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Looks like a week or two - FDA meets next week (Tuesday), then it will likely take the CDC a day or two to update the guidance that the drugstores/health departments use. If I remember to look, I'll PM you when the poo poo goes live, since I had to go through this for my mom and CVS.

From recollection, FDA authorized the Moderna booster on Wednesday, CDC pushed the guidance on Thursday (and the CVS/Walgreens/etc sites went offline), then they came back online on Friday morning with updated availability.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Wingnut Ninja posted:

lol loving seriously

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

facialimpediment posted:

Looks like a week or two - FDA meets next week (Tuesday), then it will likely take the CDC a day or two to update the guidance that the drugstores/health departments use. If I remember to look, I'll PM you when the poo poo goes live, since I had to go through this for my mom and CVS.

From recollection, FDA authorized the Moderna booster on Wednesday, CDC pushed the guidance on Thursday (and the CVS/Walgreens/etc sites went offline), then they came back online on Friday morning with updated availability.

Thanks man I’d a truly appreciate that. I just wish that the FDA/CDC meetings were held the same week. I know it’s all for a good reason and in a few weeks it won’t matter, but that’s just me being a nervous parent.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Platystemon posted:

Sales of trench coats are going up.

Don’t make the mistake of investing in fake moustaches—they’re unnecessary when masks are in use.

In what utopian place do you live that people still recognize that masks are a good idea in a deadly pandemic? Around here everyone threw them out in May when Jill told us the vaccines were perfect and the air smelled great.

A lot of people around here taking her word for the second part now.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I've heard this for years but I think it is location specific. For Costcos with outdoor food courts I believe they don't bother checking memberships as it would slow transactions too much, but if the food court is inside the building you need a card to enter.

No you don't.

The food courts are on the opposite side of the cash, so you don't need to present a membership card

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The policy is you have to be a member, but enforcement varies. And depending on tour state you can say you’re there to buy stuff your state won’t allow costco to make members-only (alcohol, Rx) and then sneak over to the food court.

So basically YMMV, but if you like playing weird exception to rules games with workers, you can probably get a cheap hot dog.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Wingnut Ninja posted:

you will be shocked to learn that a twitter headline is apparently missing some crucial context

https://twitter.com/KDbyProxy/status/1453060314812014598?t=vjSNSjo75B6uc3X1wp_Wkg&s=19

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Pro Tip: Go in the door with the membership desk and if anybody stops you say you're signing up. Then go get a Quarter Pound Plus All Beef Hotdog with 20oz Drink and Free Refill for $1.50.

Then just sign up for an executive membership anyways

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Acebuckeye13 posted:

you will be shocked to learn that a twitter headline is apparently missing some crucial context

https://twitter.com/KDbyProxy/status/1453060314812014598?t=vjSNSjo75B6uc3X1wp_Wkg&s=19

That's... marginally better than originally reported.

Still not good.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That's... marginally better than originally reported.

Still not good.

It's not the first bone the judge has thrown to the defense: https://newsone.com/4239432/kyle-rittenhouse-murder-trial-judge/

And yes, I've already checked to see if the judge is related to Rick Schroder, who posted Rittenhouse's bail. Different spellings, seemingly not related.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Acebuckeye13 posted:

That still sounds like bullshit. The victims aren't on trial and they're not getting convicted of looting or arson during the process so using that kind of language anywhere is incredibly hosed up.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

DAY 1 BABY!

Woooooooooo!

No, it says they have to be at least five years old.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Wingnut Ninja posted:

That still sounds like bullshit. The victims aren't on trial and they're not getting convicted of looting or arson during the process so using that kind of language anywhere is incredibly hosed up.

A twitter thread linked by a family friend lawyer that I follow (and thus put a little more trust in) has some more detail on this, he says it's not an uncommon tactic though apparently it's uncommon in his experience for the judge to actually agree to it. Still sounds suspicious to me but I'll defer to more expert opinion.

https://twitter.com/fodderyfodder/status/1453065482655907854

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

I for one did not think that would happen, ya know, since sci-fi movie with ambitous french director in Hollywood and all. Time to go see bloody dunc then :arghfist::confused:

French Canadian :quebec:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1452964586408325122

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
drat that is pretty bad. How much do we need to slash social welfare programs to deal with this effectively?

It's so pimp that members of Congress were instrumental to orchestrating this and will face no consequences and that it will just be shrugged at as we go in to a critical time next year where it's more important than ever to primary democratic minority women in Congress

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

The more I see/hear about that day the more disgusted I get.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

ASAPI posted:

The more I see/hear about that day the more disgusted I get.

Just some polite tourists on a peaceful stroll what's there to be angry about?

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?
https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2021/10/26/texas-slashes-guard-benefits-while-spending-millions-to-expand-border-mission/

quote:

“Cutting my TA by half probably means I’m gonna have to take some private loans to pay for school,” said one soldier who had to withdraw from his fall semester courses due to the activation. “gently caress this.”

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/DuffelBlog/status/1453348492114477056?t=C-q6SkFSE1czRLi7YVf1rg&s=19

DuffelBlog still good humor

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/johnsafran/status/1453170104410075143?s=10

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/NumbersMuncher/status/1453370168021852163?t=tifugSsbfXcfz_VZhZUnOA&s=19

There was another quasi-town hall this morning that I couldn't catch. Towards the end, there were feds asking if there was still time to retire before getting fired. This morning, the official "here's how you say you're vaccinated and by the way it's a crime to lie about it" message came through.

And there was supposedly some stress from higher-ups that we had excess positions that we had to take care of before FY23 :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Sorry buddy you can have college or you can be forced to make brown peoples lives more difficult by standing in the desert for no reason but not both.

Oh you wanted college but not the other thing? gently caress you.