Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

new d20 ep: rekha 's turn killing(ish) her mom is so loving good, thank dice christ for such incredible luck to do it in one round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

eke out posted:

new d20 ep: rekha 's turn killing(ish) her mom is so loving good, thank dice christ for such incredible luck to do it in one round

that was amazing but my favorite bit of dice luck was Aabria rolling to seduce the dragonborn

:wiggle: "Dirty 20." :wiggle:

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Oct 9, 2021

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Karl Cleaver's generic wizard friend is my new favorite Brennan NPC

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Galgadot

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Holy poo poo this episode of the Seven is awesome.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

New season trailer dropping tomorrow.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
Game Changer got a season 4 trailer (starts on Monday!) and I couldn't be more excited - especially since they're back to the studio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3btMi1TNP2s

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

enki42 posted:

Game Changer got a season 4 trailer (starts on Monday!) and I couldn't be more excited - especially since they're back to the studio.

About drat time! Game Changer online just never had the same energy, despite a few brilliant episodes with guest stars.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

enki42 posted:

Just make a whole spin-off show based on the sound impression episodes please.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mlLfl5ZNLI

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Never heard of the GM, but the premise is fun and the cast are cool so I'm looking forward to how it and seeing how Gabe Hicks plays things. What system is it using, since it doesn't look like D'n'D stats on the character sheets?

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

tsob posted:

Never heard of the GM, but the premise is fun and the cast are cool so I'm looking forward to how it and seeing how Gabe Hicks plays things. What system is it using, since it doesn't look like D'n'D stats on the character sheets?

He created the system himself according to the FAQ on dropout discord.

quote:

When does Shriek Week premiere?

Shriek Week premieres on Dropout.tv on Wednesday, November 10th, at 7pm EST / 4pm PST. Episodes will air every Wednesday.

How many episodes are in this season?

4 episodes.

Will there be associated Adventuring Party talkbacks for every episode?

There will be Adventuring Party talkbacks for every episode this season. Each episode was filmed after the preceding campaign episode recording, ala Misfits and Magic and The Seven, so there will not be a question submission form.

Does this season take place in the same universe as any other season?

No.

Is this season remotely shot or in-person?

This season was shot in-person. All cast and crew were following safety protocols and guidelines, however we were able to seat cast closer together than we were able to for Misfits and Magic or The Seven.

What game system does Shriek Week utilize?

The Mythic system, created by Gabe Hicks.

-When rolling an ability/skill/major you roll a d10

-You roll the number equal to what your skill is.

-Example: Having a Physical of 4 means you roll 4d10

A success is when you roll your die and at least one of them has a 7 or higher on the die.

Rolling a 1 with no successes (2-6) is a CRITICAL FAILURE
ex. results 2, 3, 5 = failure. results 1, 3, 5 = critical failure
Rolling a 10 is a CRITICAL SUCCESS
ex results 2, 3, 8 = success. results 1,5 10 = critical success

The mechanics will be further explained in the premiere episode.

Who are the cast and their characters?

Gabe Hicks (he / him): Game Master
Ify Nwadiwe (he / him) as Terry Talbo (he / him)
Terry is the son of the Wolfman
Stats:
Physical: 4
Mental: 3
Social: 3
Ally Beardsley (they / them) as Megan Mirror (she / her)
Megan is the sister of the ghost from The Ring
Stats:
Physical: 3
Social: 4
Lily Du (she / her) as Tuti IV (she / her)
Tuti IV is the daughter of the mummy.
Stats:
Physical: 4
Social: 2

Dani Fernandez (she / her) as Seven (she / her)
Seven is the daughter of The Count
Stats:
Physical: 2
Social: 4

Who are the crew members who produced this season?

Editor: Tyler Schuelke
Head of Production: David Kerns
Production Manager: Sophie Horwitz-Hirsch
Production Assistants: Ivan Avila & Mike Kent
Creative Producer & Production Designer: Rick Perry
Art Director: Katie McGeorge
Design Director: Paula Searing
Director of Photography: Kevin Stiller
Technical Director: Matt LaForest
Assistant Editor: Rommel Rodriguez
Post Producer: Todd Rutledge
Creative Director: Orion D. Black
Illustrator: Bee Arakaki
Gaffer: Tyler Hart
Swing: Matthew Miller
Key Grip: Jose Caldera
Sound Mixer: Akash Singh
On-Set Health and Safety Officer: Henry Moonrod

No Brennan this season?

No Brennan this season.

Who is Gabe Hicks?

Gabe Hicks (https://www.gabejamesgames.com/) is a game designer, GM, cosplayer, and creative producer who has worked with Critical Role, Roll 20, Paizo, and more. Gabe has previously appeared on Adventuring Academy in 2020, which you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axFT5zXjgWg

Will there be physical battlesets this season?

There will not be.

Who is the character illustrator this season?

Bee Arakaki - https://www.instagram.com/heybiji/

Will this season be released to Youtube?

There are no plans to release Shriek Week to Youtube as of yet.

Any info on the season(s) coming after Shriek Week?

Yes. A season featuring Brennan Lee Mulligan as GM and the Intrepid Heroes cast (Emily Axford, Ally Beardsley, Brian Murphy, Zac Oyama, Siobhan Thompson, and Lou Wilson) will be premiering shortly after the finale of Shriek Week.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

It'll be dope to see Ify back; I really enjoyed him in Bloodkeep and of course he's semi-responsible for the true breakout star of that season.

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 27, 2021

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Xand_Man posted:

It'll be dope to see Ify back; I really enjoyed him in Bloodkeep and of course he's semi-responsible for the true breakout star of that season.

I thought Jeremy(I can't remember where all the apostrophes go) was mostly Trapp and Brennan?

This looks decent, similar mechanics to World of Darkness so relatively simple which is nice.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

that looks like a great cast, dani fernandez should be a good addition, at least based on how good she is on other podcasts

also new season with the original crew is exciting, gonna be great seeing them back together in person

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

lemonadesweetheart posted:

He created the system himself according to the FAQ on dropout discord.

I wasn't even aware the Discord had an FAQ; interesting to know in future. Thanks.

eke out posted:

also new season with the original crew is exciting, gonna be great seeing them back together in person

I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun, and I'll almost certainly enjoy it but every time it comes to a new season I'm just hankering for a second season of "Pirates of Leviathan", because the cast was stellar, all the characters were great and it's a really interesting setting. It's probably just a function of Pirates being my first D20 show though, so having some extra attachment to that one property.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

seaborgium posted:

I thought Jeremy(I can't remember where all the apostrophes go) was mostly Trapp and Brennan?

John Feathers

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Megazver posted:

Just make a whole spin-off show based on the sound impression episodes please.

I mean, I dunno if Brennan needs another show to dominate.

I kinda slept on Game Changer and am working my way through now. The prize bin one was surprisingly both really funny and really sweet. And it kinda demonstrates the beauty of the premise of the series: This isn't a format that you could do as an ongoing game show, but as a one off it works great.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

I mean, I dunno if Brennan needs another show to dominate.

If you actually stopped to think about this statement, you'd realize the answer is "yes, he does."

(Also, Zac and Josh totally keep up with him, IMO.)

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Brennan does shine in the sound impression episodes, but Zac and Josh give him enough of a run for his money that I wouldn't say he dominates them by any stretch. I'd say he tends to dominate a bit more when he appears on "Um, Actually...", but even there he often has some good competition and it just depends on who he's up against. That aside, this weeks "Breaking News" is fun just for the Erika getting an improv cue to name 10 teenagers and just...breaking, and realizing "oh gently caress, I'm getting old". The fact she gets so stuck she can't even name one, and everyone just has to move on is fantastic. I'm still not a fan of how much they're doing the improve cues in the show this season, but I do like the latest episodes giving the loser a task at the end.

tsob fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 31, 2021

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Megazver posted:

If you actually stopped to think about this statement, you'd realize the answer is "yes, he does."

(Also, Zac and Josh totally keep up with him, IMO.)

I was being a little snarky, but I'm not sure how many of the other regular cast members would be able to keep up with those 3. Sam even says he came up with that gimmick specifically because he knew it was them doing the show.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I don't know how many Collegehumor regulars could do it, but the show has demonstrated that it's willing to look outside that box for guests at times so I'm sure there's other people in their circle doing VA work or what have you that could do it. I'd imagine Matthew Mercer or Liam O'Brien from Critical Role would be pretty good at it just going off the way they've stretched their voices for sound effects and different voices over the years, for one. I'm not sure if it'd extend to that degree, but they're the first ones to come to mind at least.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

mercer would be such a good contestant, there's whole montages on youtube of just him doing weirdly great foley work mid-game

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Well, to be fair, the show is a particular mix of both foley work and improv to end up with cues like "A 100 year old recording of a speech losing coherence", "MTA train announcement becoming self aware" and poo poo like that. Mercer is pretty good at thinking on his feet in D'n'D, but I don't know how that'd translate to comedic improv.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Just got to the perfectly normal game of Jeopardy!

It is very good. This is all.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
I hope this entire season of game changer is as good as today's episode because holy poo poo was that great

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Just started it, but it's gonna need to go quite a ways to beat me laughing so hard I felt faint at the Jeopardy one and Brennan screaming "THE MURKTOPUS WAS PROBABLY LYING! WHY WON'T THIS REWARD MY INDIVIDUAL EFFORT?!?"

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I hope this entire season of game changer is as good as today's episode because holy poo poo was that great

The "upset a producer" bit from Brennan was just amazing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

enki42 posted:

The "upset a producer" bit from Brennan was just amazing.

I actually gasped as well.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

For me it was Brennan and the Prediction. Nicely played.

This was a decent episode and I'm drat glad they're back and in studio again, but it wasn't as good as "Lie Detector" or "Guess the Rule" which have been my favorites so far.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

jng2058 posted:

For me it was Brennan and the Prediction. Nicely played.

This was a decent episode and I'm drat glad they're back and in studio again, but it wasn't as good as "Lie Detector" or "Guess the Rule" which have been my favorites so far.

I will say the end had a moment with Brennan and Izzy that was very similar to the Lie Detector one in making you go "ohhh, that's why they're together".

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

I will say the end had a moment with Brennan and Izzy that was very similar to the Lie Detector one in making you go "ohhh, that's why they're together".

Why would that even be a question someone would ask? Do people really think he's not good enough for her?

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Why would that even be a question someone would ask? Do people really think he's not good enough for her?

I assume it's less a "good enough/deserve" comment and more of a "oh, okay, I can *really* now see how these two people click together as a couple" thing. :v:

First episode really good. High bar to set for the season, imo, and hope the rest follows just as excellent.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

I assume it's less a "good enough/deserve" comment and more of a "oh, okay, I can *really* now see how these two people click together as a couple" thing. :v:

Yes it was that. The Lie Detector one was Izzy yelling "And you SHOULDN'T!" when Brennan protested that he trusted her and this one was both of them yelling at Sam for trying to semantic them into losing points for clapping at the end.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Nov 2, 2021

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
https://twitter.com/dimension20show/status/1455950402663313414

New M&M "Holiday Special" one-shot in December, followed by the core cast doing a science-fiction game, A Starstruck Odyssey, in January.

Fun fact: the original Starstruck was a stage play written by Brennan's mother Elaine Lee, which was later adapted into a series of comics at Marvel's Epic imprint, then Heavy Metal magazine and IDW. So the next big D20 campaign is Brennan playing with his mother's toys, as it were.

I only know Starstruck from the 1985 comic, which is a really strange read; it's one of those sexy distant futures with tons of unexplained argot, so it's a lot of work to get through it. I have no idea how it could be usefully adapted to a tabletop setting.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I wonder if it’ll be basically Spelljammer re-skinned or a whole new game system.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Dunno if anyone cares or not but imma post it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgB5-7hH_Ew

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

No better place for it. And it does seem worth giving a look, sure.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet Brennan gets this reaction a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuQ3MSscXDE

It's nice of them to post these on youtube a while after they are added to dropout.

Shriek Week starts tonight