Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

snoremac posted:

What's the reason Terra Haute is the E1 homeland? Was Branson raised there?

Yeah. The whole podcast is full of references to Terre Haute history, locales, and characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

snoremac posted:

What's the reason Terra Haute is the E1 homeland? Was Branson raised there?
It's a stand-in for the Missouri small town where he was actually raised; he even calls it "Terre Haute, Missouri" by accident in a couple of earlier episodes. (Both of Branson's novels are set in Missouri, and you should read them.) He explains in one of the Patreon Q&As that the choice of Terre Haute is from an old bit between him and his friends about "jeansmen" hitchhiking to the federal supermax prison there, which is the only thing about the real Terre Haute that Branson knows.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Okay thanks. How would you describe his novels? If I tried one should it be WW or Into the Hills?

snoremac fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 20, 2021

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Had a quick browse on Amazon and saw Into the Hills compared to A Confederacy of Dunces, my favourite book, so I'm gonna give that a go.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Into the Hills, Young Master is a short (~120 pages) farce about a nerd, definitely in the vein of A Confederacy of Dunces. Water, Wasted is a much more serious magical realist kind of thing. Water, Wasted is the "real" Branson book to me, but I do think that you should read Into the Hills first.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

getting pretty big dave the indian shot Dr. Yinz vibes.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Into the hills is a very funny book with a very good mood and takeaway that I very much enjoyed

Several scenes were just amazing and have genuinely stuck with me

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

miniscule12 posted:

getting pretty big dave the indian shot Dr. Yinz vibes.

He was very hostile. Perhaps he thought Yinz was being condescending.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

snoremac posted:

Okay thanks. How would you describe his novels? If I tried one should it be WW or Into the Hills?

Into the Hills is just not very good and doesn't really maintain the Confederacy of Dunces-esq hook. Water Wasted is pretty great, as long as you're okay with reading about people in hopelessly miserable situations and the occasional D&D campaign.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

DMCrimson posted:

Into the Hills is just not very good and doesn't really maintain the Confederacy of Dunces-esq hook. Water Wasted is pretty great, as long as you're okay with reading about people in hopelessly miserable situations and the occasional D&D campaign.

I agree with this

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Bransons getting naked in public isn't illegal because their bellies slope over their privates like the loincloth does with George of the Jungle who they are descended from.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

This is the greatest crossover of all time

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Getting prestige vibes

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
As a squealing little content piggy, I’m feeling extremely pandered to by this episode.

I hope nothing bad happens!!

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

when all the shooters got into position...

i got chills

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
I'm thinking it was Opulence with the farsight gun from the grassy knoll. Or it was Dr. Yinz killing a clone of him in some sort of Prestige gambit.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's Walt

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Branson's playing a computer on latest fortune kit

https://soundcloud.com/fortune-kit/100-okay-computer-ft-branson

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

its almost certainly impossible that walt did it while flailing his arms around and firing everywhere.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Wish I had an accountant I could call and ask to move some money around https://twitter.com/necrobranson/status/1452353373991280656?s=12

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
gawd branson is the dorkiest guy on the planet

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
If he wasn't 15 feet tall more people would notice

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
gently caress Branson for reminding me that shithead got a Netflix deal.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Not just any computer, but the cool nephew of the B.R.A.N. 5000!

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU

Schwza posted:

I can't imagine a gun could hurt Dr. Yinz after he got the cheat codes to the universe in the astral plane.

can someone remind me what episode this was, I was looking for it the other day and couldn't find it

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008

doctor iono posted:

can someone remind me what episode this was, I was looking for it the other day and couldn't find it

Paragons of Truth 2? Whichever is the sequel to the flat earth ep

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Yeah subtitle New Game + because half the episode was rpg/mmo jokes, not that I'm complaining

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU
ty very much, it's an intensely stupid episode which is the kind of content I crave from e1

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Hahaha I just read the premise for Part 2, can't wait.

https://twitter.com/E1podcast/status/1453836106353491976?t=gGeUUKRe2LfrZgb6EA6Ebg&s=19

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Congratulations everyone

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I really thought there was gonna some kinda twist with French Fry's cool nephew. Which, in retrospect, was foolish.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I really want that painting. I hope it goes for crazy money.

Police_monitoring
Oct 11, 2021

by sebmojo
If you've never seen any of Titas (Dr. Yinz) paintings before you can check out his site: http://moneygoldpower.com/portfolio/

Also did a bunch of the E1 merch and logos

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I don't know if it's meant to be, but that totally could have been the last episode of E1

And then Pikachu said 'Pika Pi'

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
i watched Branson Day that someone linked earlier, and there's a lot of stuff that was later fleshed out into full episodes. Tom's Josh Gad love, and lots of Princess Diana stuff. Great two hours spent.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitch.tv/bransonowns

joelquest 2

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
http://twitter.com/E1podcast/status/1454979268346269697

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Wish I had this on my wall

Also, Branson’s girlfriend sharing her grievances on the charity stream while Branson laid on the floor like a murdered street dog is good content.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ElectricWizard posted:

Also, Branson’s girlfriend sharing her grievances on the charity stream while Branson laid on the floor like a murdered street dog is good content.

yeah but now I'm worried about Branson's health. Getting into and out of chairs shouldn't be that hard :(

Also I'm surprised they aren't selling prints of the Painting That Will Heal The World, I know I'd buy one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
It's very good that they didn't do that, actually.