Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Perry Mason Jar posted:

The capitalists are killing us with their economic and social systems.
Oh dear, what should we do?
Well there's too many people you see.
Ah, right, too many capitalists - agreed, yes, let's kill them.
No you fool, you simpering moron, if we kill them there's still too many people left and everyone will die because of what the capitalists have already done!
Ah, right, too many people and capitalists - agreed, yes, let's kill them.
I would never do such a thing.
Pardon?
I've never killed and I never would. I mean maybe I could bring myself to kill a capitalist but not the innocent people.
Ah, right, it's much the same with me.
Of course, yes, we're both civilized here.
What do you propose?
Well, we should tell the capitalists to please kill people in a more specific way.
How do you mean?
Intentional culling.
Ah, right, yes. Of course. And who should we cull?
Reckon it's not up to us, we who cannot kill. No, no we will need to let the capitalists decide.
Very wise, yes.

So you're just posting the entire other thread in three paragraphs. Impressive really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It's unbelievably really weird how so many folks are intent on arguing that the world will be worse in the future. Like, if that's your take on humanity then I guess you might as well start investing in coal.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Torpor posted:

I’m not sure that’s much of an achievement, nor some kind of refutation of class warfare if that’s what you were arguing for.

I'm just saying does anyone have a more realistic plan for depopulation other than the ones the capitalists are enacting?

sure, we can complain about their methods, but at least they run the mass deaths on time.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Slavvy posted:

It's unbelievably really weird how so many folks are intent on arguing that the world will be worse in the future. Like, if that's your take on humanity then I guess you might as well start investing in coal.

that's just reality not sure what you're on about

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Slavvy posted:

You'd probably still make money on that investment for a while tbh

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
we are in a trolley problem but it is a single track covered in people and we have no switch to pull anyway. we can only watch.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Trabisnikof posted:

I'm just saying does anyone have a more realistic plan for depopulation other than the ones the capitalists are enacting?

sure, we can complain about their methods, but at least they run the mass deaths on time.

Globally execute a "universal basic income in return for mandatory sterilization procedure scheme", implement insanely punative taxation measures for families with more than one child, remove all laws against assisted suicide, legalize all drugs.

Allows the current population to age out in some form of dignity or at least go out higher than Pluto / on their own terms, generates an immediate vertical population cliff.

All of this would have been great forty years ago, it won't achieve sweet gently caress all now - even if you could get enough people to not violently reject it when our economic fantasy relies on perpetual population growth. :ssh:

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

The syq scourge is spreading across cspam, and has claimed many posters.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

LionArcher posted:

So you're just posting the entire other thread in three paragraphs. Impressive really.

I have no knowledge of the other thread.

Slavvy posted:

You're a gift to the thread. First of all, hi! Welcome and hello! Now, nothing's going to be OK and we will all suffer horrors heretofore unseen. But, here's the thing, that's OK! Seriously, it's fine, don't worry about it! No for serious. Just vibe out a bit. You wanna make sick money by investing in coal? You go for it! Nothing matters anymore. I won't do it, personally, cause it makes me feel bad, but you have fun.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I think we should reframe it as lives saved rather than lives culled, with "one billion people" as the current baseline we can hope for. Every oil baron we publicly execute adds to that total by reducing our carbon footprint going into the future. Just collapse, let's go!

For every oil barren cut down 3 more get promoted from middle management.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Rime posted:

All of this would have been great forty years ago, it won't achieve sweet gently caress all now - even if you could get enough people to not violently reject it when our economic fantasy relies on perpetual population growth. :ssh:

Then stop bringing it up and shoring up support for genocidal class war slavery programmes. :)

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Complications posted:

Many such cases

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Complications posted:

What does this mean?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I have no knowledge of the other thread.

You're a gift to the thread. First of all, hi! Welcome and hello! Now, nothing's going to be OK and we will all suffer horrors heretofore unseen. But, here's the thing, that's OK! Seriously, it's fine, don't worry about it! No for serious. Just vibe out a bit. You wanna make sick money by investing in coal? You go for it! Nothing matters anymore. I won't do it, personally, cause it makes me feel bad, but you have fun.

You might want to check the other thread :ssh:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I'd rather swallow a cyanide pill.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Then stop bringing it up and shoring up support for genocidal class war slavery programmes. :)

yes, the critical Rime support

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Perry Mason Jar posted:

What does this mean?

It's unattributed dnd quotes per forum rules ala the succ thread and I think I bit one. Then I watched other posters bite another more obvious one and figured someone ought to make it more sporting since this thread usually doesn't pull that kind of thing.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Torpor posted:

we are in a trolley problem but it is a single track covered in people and we have no switch to pull anyway. we can only watch.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

nomad2020 posted:

For every oil barren cut down 3 more get promoted from middle management.

By my calculations that's an incredible opportunity to save lives

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

ah yes that’s the picture. beautiful. it belongs in a museum, or maybe the c-spam background

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://twitter.com/Thrillist/status/1452004416433831936

I think things will be fine guys. this guy seems to know what he's doing

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Complications posted:

It's unattributed dnd quotes per forum rules ala the succ thread and I think I bit one. Then I watched other posters bite another more obvious one and figured someone ought to make it more sporting since this thread usually doesn't pull that kind of thing.

It happens a lot more often than you'd think

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Complications posted:

I thought the delusion seeping out of every word would make it obvious it wasn't actually me but eh

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Torpor posted:

ah yes that’s the picture. beautiful. it belongs in a museum, or maybe the c-spam background

This but the observer is also on the tracks

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Irony.or.Death posted:

It happens a lot more often than you'd think

lol

I refuse to go back and see how many people ran up a high score on me.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Slavvy posted:

Do you see anything that would disprove doomerism? Genuinely asking, because if so this thread would love to see it, as long as it's not DnD style copium

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Slavvy posted:

You might want to check the other thread :ssh:

Oh got it, please do not advocate self harm tho

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Steely Dad posted:

This but the observer is also on the tracks

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
its incredible how hilariously unaffordable life is in america if you try to avoid plastic when possible. like every low or non plastic option for *anything* is always more expensive because the entire supply chain is built on the cheapest (meaning plastic) option with no real alternatives.

searching for throw blankets and checking "cotton" and over half the results are still 100% polyester lol lmao hahahahahahnsjkfdhnsddjksf

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Torpor posted:

i think someone here once said something like

"it's a trolley problem but we all have levers and we all have to pull our levers at the exact same time to stop it and if less than 100% of us pull our levers then it does nothing except hit you in the balls"

God Hole has issued a correction as of 00:36 on Oct 27, 2021

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Minrad posted:

its incredible how hilariously unaffordable life is in america if you try to avoid plastic when possible. like every low or non plastic option for *anything* is always more expensive because the entire supply chain is built on the cheapest (meaning plastic) option with no real alternatives.

searching for throw blankets and checking "cotton" and over half the results are still 100% polyester lol lmao hahahahahahnsjkfdhnsddjksf

if polyester were dangerous my teenage self would have died from all of the dragon shirts

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Rectal Death Adept posted:

if polyester were dangerous my teenage self would have died from all of the dragon shirts

bad news about youre brain goon sir

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

not true, I can also smoke weed and joker laugh

ergo things aren’t that bad, yet

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
we're all on the tracks but also all in the trolley and the trolley is falling apart and pulling the lever makes it go faster and at the end of the tracks is a cliff and at the bottom of the cliff is a forest fire

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Laterite posted:

we're all on the tracks but also all in the trolley and the trolley is falling apart and pulling the lever makes it go faster and at the end of the tracks is a cliff and at the bottom of the cliff is a forest fire

:yeshaha:

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
world's biggest prisoner's dilemma

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

Homeless Friend posted:

don't throw the bathwater out with the baby

hard irl lol'd

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

so is that starting in ten years or fixed by then or what exactly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Slavvy posted:

are there people out there that genuinely think the world will be better in the future?

follow up question: for whom exactly?