Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Darth TNT posted:

You know it still feels so weird that they have Orochimaru still around.
And I don't mean his pardon or the fact that with Naruto depowered he's like the 5th strongest guy in the world. But look at the whole Amado and possession thing. They're taking everything he says for truth when they have a guy running around who can literally clone and "perfect" people with expert knowledge on Chakra, blood, cells, hereditary powers and diseases but no one thinks to ask if he knows anything. Why not have him do some research, as long as he promises not to cut open any babies this time.

Well, it's been way less than a day since Amado defected and then they immediately had to do an emergency evacuation. So in the anime they really haven't had the time even consider that option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
honestly, is Orochimaru the kind of person you want knowing about any of these things you've just discovered?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

honestly, is Orochimaru the kind of person you want knowing about any of these things you've just discovered?

i think absolutely everyone is happy that orochimaru just wants to hide in his hole and they wouldn't disturb him any earlier than 5 minutes before the world is going to end

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

God loving drat it I knew I was going to cry...

e. The ending credits weren't for the episode, they were Kurama's ending credits. Here I go crying again...

rndmnmbr fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Oct 3, 2021

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Maybe the road getting here wasn't perfect, but I really couldn't ask for a better sendoff for the character

I mean, maybe Naruto dying peacefully of old age and something something Kurama dies with him so his power can't be misused in the future, but that's fanfiction territory

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

Maybe the road getting here wasn't perfect, but I really couldn't ask for a better sendoff for the character

I mean, maybe Naruto dying peacefully of old age and something something Kurama dies with him so his power can't be misused in the future, but that's fanfiction territory

Sometimes the anime handles the manga content better than the manga itself does, this is one of them (another instance was the little touches they added to the final Naruto Vs Sasuke fight in Shippuden).

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I thought the manga was fine in that it was hit all the important bits but as it turns out I really like indulgent goodbyes too so I loved this anime expansion.

Unrelated, the exciting new Boruto pun of Rinnegone.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Vinylshadow posted:

The reason Oro's so laid-back now is that he's perpetually drunk from his connection to the gourd-him

Canon wine-mom Orochimaru is not how I expected his character to end up but I'm okay with that.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
I was not ready for that episode, Even though I accidentally spoiled myself and knew what was going to happen. God drat.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Another good episode this week, next time we’re finally returning to anime exclusive content with a second Chunin Exam.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Chapter's out:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-chapter-63/chapter/23271?action=read

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Meh.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Yeah that chapter was...underwhelming? It felt like it was over just as things got started and Code's powerset isn't that interesting in action so far.

Manic Mongoose
Aug 5, 2010

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
There is one thing I found amusing at least. Code is still completely under the control of the Ada and he doesn’t realize it, even if Kawaki did.

Do we want to talk about the responses Ada gives to what she hears? She’s terrible.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I thought Code turning on his karma and stomping Boruto was entertaining.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I'm sure Codes going to have some OP bullshit on display, but frankly this manga feels like it's had power creep fatigue since the last Shinobi war.

I wish they'd just go with simple betrayal and deception to advance the plot at this point because the new powers haven't been particularly interesting, especially as they castrate the old guard to try to force the new villains to shine.

I want to see what happens to lead into that time skip intro just enough to expend the 5 minutes to read the monthly chapters but it's not surprising how dead this thread generally is compare to Naruto's peak popularity

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

tbh whenever I check out the Boruto manga I am just reminded of how much better the anime is. Especially when the anime covers manga content and there's a big difference in quality.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Srice posted:

tbh whenever I check out the Boruto manga I am just reminded of how much better the anime is. Especially when the anime covers manga content and there's a big difference in quality.

Hell, the anime actually managed to make the Boruto movie good via its in-series remake (thereby removing any need to ever actually watch said movie).

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Larryb posted:

Hell, the anime actually managed to make the Boruto movie good via its in-series remake (thereby removing any need to ever actually watch said movie).

I quite like the movie but yeah with how much the tv series improved upon it the movie is just an idle curiosity these days.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, considering how many movies the original series and Shippuden had I’m sort of surprised they haven’t tried to do another Boruto film yet.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
The whole ANBU security whatever divison has really fallen off if they cant keep track of the village chief's son right after his best friend ran off

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Thoren posted:

The whole ANBU security whatever divison has really fallen off if they cant keep track of the village chief's son right after his best friend ran off

But the Anbu were so competent en relevant before. How could this possibly have happened? :negative:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
When Naruto becomes ninja Obama, the previous Obama tells him "we trained Anbu wrong. On purpose. So we can look like super badasses"

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Thoren posted:

To be fair, those kids have special alien powers.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Wonder which of the 5 kids will become Chunin as of the anime.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Wonder which of the 5 kids will become Chunin as of the anime.

Since I don’t think the manga mentions anyone on Boruto’s team being a Chunin I’m guessing one of the anime exclusive characters (but if one of them does it’s likely gonna be Sarada and/or Mitsuki, though the thought of Boruto technically outranking his dad is funny at least).

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

Since I don’t think the manga mentions anyone on Boruto’s team being a Chunin I’m guessing one of the anime exclusive characters (but if one of them does it’s likely gonna be Sarada and/or Mitsuki, though the thought of Boruto technically outranking his dad is funny at least).

Their ranks have not come up in the manga, but they could easily be one.

Also I made a mistake in wording there are 10 kids and 5 Chunin slots. They are going to pair off and the winner of the fight becomes a Chunin. So 5 of them will be Chunin.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 27, 2021

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Denki isn't going to win but I'm glad he made it past the 2nd test.:unsmith:

After watching the next episode, I take it back, he might actually win!

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Nov 4, 2021

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
New chapter

Yes, Shikamaru. You go help out, you were a great fighter after all.

Anyway, really nice to see Naruto use his clones nature energy trick again.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I actually liked this chapter. Some callbacks to some old stuff, and the way they are using the powers is at least interesting.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hahaha Boruto just grabs the arm popping out his neck to yank Code back through the portal.

And glad to see the old Sage mode tricks in action.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

*deep breath*

LET HINATA DO SOMETHING FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING THAT IS HOLY

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

*deep breath*

LET HINATA DO SOMETHING FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING THAT IS HOLY

Come to think of it, has Hinata ever had a chance to fight in the entire Boruto anime or manga so far?

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Larryb posted:

Come to think of it, has Hinata ever had a chance to fight in the entire Boruto anime or manga so far?

If I'm remembering right she went to try and save Naruto off screen after Momoshiki captured him only to end up getting dunked on.

I miss the rare opportunities of her actually being able to contribute. :sigh:

MadFriarAvelyn fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 19, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Seriously, even Sakura and (I think) Ino have gotten a chance to kick rear end on occasion. Let Hinata do something besides just being a housewife/mom already

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Alright...I do not like how Code fights. It's decent in concept (Laying belts down as the medium for his teleportation is a pretty clunky way to give him a unique gimmick), it's just such a pain following what he's doing from panel to panel and mucks up the flow of action for me. Maybe these old eyes just ain't what they used to be.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

bring back bee

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Darth TNT posted:

New chapter

Yes, Shikamaru. You go help out, you were a great fighter after all.

Anyway, really nice to see Naruto use his clones nature energy trick again.

Shikamaru's powerset is extremely helpful in fights, though. He just needs to hit Code with a single shadow binding and the fight will skew massively in their favor, whether Code can break free or not. Shikamaru's powerset is only balanced out by him being a lazy rear end in a top hat as a kid, and that people who know what he's fully capable of would never give him the chance. In a group fight against one person, Shikamaru is some of the best backup around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxide
Mar 7, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

TheHan posted:

Alright...I do not like how Code fights. It's decent in concept (Laying belts down as the medium for his teleportation is a pretty clunky way to give him a unique gimmick), it's just such a pain following what he's doing from panel to panel and mucks up the flow of action for me. Maybe these old eyes just ain't what they used to be.

It's kinda like how the GOTO keyword works. He jumps around from one place to another, and it's really messy and hard to read.