Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Hell yeah to both of these.

quote:

I just got this insanely extravagent glorified guitar pedal

tbf the Zoia pedal was basically an extravagant eurorack module crammed in a pedal enclosure. I didn’t know they’d made a eurorack version but it makes a lot of sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

MA-Horus posted:

Same. Pixel 3 is just getting a little long in the tooth.

I should probably upgrade my Pixel 2 at some point, but it's a lot less pressing when I'm not going anywhere

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

mfcrocker posted:

I should probably upgrade my Pixel 2 at some point, but it's a lot less pressing when I'm not going anywhere

My Pixel 2 is still plenty useful and powerful, except it’s battery. The screen is also cracked (original screen after 5 years isn’t bad though) If I could replace the battery without pulling the phone apart, probably breaking the screen and ruining the waterproofitude, I’d be fine with it. For the cost of doing all that I’d rather get a new phone. And considering how much I’m looking at it, I think a good phone isn’t unreasonable. Especially if I’m planning to use it as long as I used this one, even a pro ends up costing less than $1/day.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

Lawen posted:

tbf the Zoia pedal was basically an extravagant eurorack module crammed in a pedal enclosure. I didn’t know they’d made a eurorack version but it makes a lot of sense

True, that's why I got it. The first project I built to learn the functions was a fully playable modular voice with modulation, effects and a sequencer. Its pretty rad.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I bought a canoe

2009 Evergreen Sunburst 17' in Royalex for whitewater tripping.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
Got some bunzos. I'm calling em Chungus and Rorshach. Chungus is firm but the wife might veto Rorshach and name him something stupid.

image hosting

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
:love:

which one is Chungus

I know I'm dumb

Also what is kittehs name

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice
Chungus is this fella...

The catso is Gumbo on account of she got no teeth. This is from the other day when I was laying on the couch and she fell off the cushion and landed next to my head. I guess it was comfy cause she just stayed where she fell...

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Got some bunzos. I'm calling em Chungus and Rorshach. Chungus is firm but the wife might veto Rorshach and name him something stupid.

image hosting

She's probably just upset that there's a picture of her parents having sex on his fur. That's gotta be tough to look past.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

St_Ides posted:

My Pixel 2 is still plenty useful and powerful, except it’s battery. The screen is also cracked (original screen after 5 years isn’t bad though) If I could replace the battery without pulling the phone apart, probably breaking the screen and ruining the waterproofitude, I’d be fine with it. For the cost of doing all that I’d rather get a new phone. And considering how much I’m looking at it, I think a good phone isn’t unreasonable. Especially if I’m planning to use it as long as I used this one, even a pro ends up costing less than $1/day.

Yeah sounds like your Pixel is in the same nick mine is. Instead of going for a strong phone though, I picked up an iPad Air as a general YouTube/Twitch device and its been a revelation

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
After an initial mess up I finally got my tickets delivered for Bad Religion this week.

I’m excited, this is my first show since the big bad.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Found this boombox at the swap meet. Amazingly everything still works, even the tape player.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

She's probably just upset that there's a picture of her parents having sex on his fur. That's gotta be tough to look past.

All the carrots and cabbages will look up and shout "Eat us"! And I'll wiggle my nose and whisper ... No.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Updated my coffee corner with a new espresso machine, grider and scale. A La Pavoni Expo 2015, Niche Zero and Acaia Lunar

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That’s a fun little photo you have there.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

IUG posted:

That’s a fun little photo you have there.

Ty, things you dont really expect to see in rural Australia. It looks better at its original ratio but I printed it 8x10 cause that's how it goes.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I gifted my Tiffany necklace to my girlfriend earlier this year when I couldn’t afford a proper anniversary gift. Finally getting around to buying myself a new chain, although this one was $18 rather than $250.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Recently bought some wedding bands :woop:

Hit a lot of dead ends with the character limit on the inscription, so I just simply put the date, initials, and RFC 2550 on the smaller band (it's a proposed joke protocol for Y10K and beyond for computers). I dunno if it's cheesy or cringey (hoping the former), but I'm fairly proud of myself :3:

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology

OSU_Matthew posted:

Recently bought some wedding bands :woop:

Very nice. When my wife and I got our wedding bands we were overwhelmed at the sheer amount of options and whether or not ours should match. Never thought it would be as much of a decision as it was.

For content, got myself a new lens for wildlife photos. AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR.

This thing is awesome on my D500. Very impressed with the vibration reduction, was able to shoot this hand held at 500mm and 1/100 shutter speed.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Pair of old radios, it's the one on the right I wanted but I got both for 4 bucks. It's a shortwave radio.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Radio on the right has seen some things

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice
My dryer stopped... drying for the most part a few weeks ago. It was taking twice as long to do it's job anyway. I've been shopping around for used ones until last night when the washer hit the spin cycle and started making a noise like skeletons hate loving in a filing cabinet accompanied by the smell of magic smoke.

Time for my first matching set!...

(Not my pic) Between a floor model washer and Best Buy bonus bucks I scored the matching pair for $2200 delivered and installed with a one year warranty. Just gotta endure the horrors of the laundromat for two weeks till they show up.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

My dryer stopped... drying for the most part a few weeks ago. It was taking twice as long to do it's job anyway. I've been shopping around for used ones until last night when the washer hit the spin cycle and started making a noise like skeletons hate loving in a filing cabinet accompanied by the smell of magic smoke.

Time for my first matching set!...

(Not my pic) Between a floor model washer and Best Buy bonus bucks I scored the matching pair for $2200 delivered and installed with a one year warranty. Just gotta endure the horrors of the laundromat for two weeks till they show up.

Make sure your dryer vent is clean. In my experience a clogged dryer vent is the most likely cause of drying taking too long. That also leads to fires.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Wouldn’t hurt to do while the old ones are out of commission. We need to do ours as well.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
along these lines, i was scared of my entire house burning down so a few weeks ago I bought something like:

https://www.amazon.com/Cleaner-Cleaning-Flexible-Professional-Internal/dp/B08ZJ5SLSC

https://www.amazon.com/Attachment-Remover-Cleaner-Cleaning-Prevention/dp/B0929C3FJF

both came back fairly clean and my fears were averted

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
Your dryer may be relatively easy to disassemble for a deep clean, the lint can cake together in there pretty solidly. The exhaust pipe can also just be removed and cleaned or replaced.

On the topic of dryer maintenance, one that won't spin might just need a new belt, which is an easy fix usually.

Your dryer might also have a front bearing that is a couple of slides that the barrel rubs against that eventually need to be replaced. If your dryer sounds like hell that might be the issue.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Y'all need to buy one of these in-line dryer lint traps

I'm shocked at the amount of buildup it catches even with religiously emptying the dryer each time

Another PSA on washer dryers, make sure your supply hose has a water hammer arrestor screwed in to the supply stop. These things prevent the on/off water hammer action from honing the supply hose crimp into a knife edge, leading to catastrophic failure and flooding

Catatron Prime has a new favorite as of 22:12 on Oct 30, 2021

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Another set of summer wheels. These are going on my Mini and my son’s Mini will get my current summer wheels. The new ones are smaller and lighter and therefore better. Hopefully.

Yes, I fit them all in the back of a Fiat.

Also had to pay for a full version of AlfaOBD and buy a full set of Fiat CANbus cables in order to fix my flashing odometer due to installing a non-OEM radio. Total cost was like $140, or about the price of a single dealer visit, and now I have all the tools i’ll never need again.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’ve seen the Fiat wheel pic in two threads now and it still impresses me how much you can throw in the boot.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I got a little ring box to actually present the engagement ring in. Hopefully I can do that this month.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
What are the slippers good rave about.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

n8r posted:

What are the slippers good rave about.

https://www.glerups.com

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

1000%

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite

If I only used these to take the dog out every morning in my PJs they would still be worth the $$$

I also use them for cold garage work, runs to the store, etc. They are like winter flip flops for me and I love them.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

£1340.00 for an invasive angiogram to try and find out what's up with my ticker.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Do these go on sale? Pretty sure my wife would murder me over a $100 pair of house shoes.

mystes
May 31, 2006

djfooboo posted:

Do these go on sale? Pretty sure my wife would murder me over a $100 pair of house shoes.
Not hugely cheaper but you can get them for $80 from backcountry.com right now if you sign up for their new free rewards program which comes with a one-time 20% off coupon.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Glerups are one of my favorite things that I learned about from this thread and one of the best parts of covid work from home. I have two pairs now, one with the soft sole as house shoes, one with the rubber soles for taking out the trash or checking the mail or quick errands. "Winter flip flops" is a great description.

My only minor complaint is that I wish they had more sizes or US-style sizing. The 45 is just a tiny bit too small and the 46 just a tiny bit too big for my slightly wide US size 12 feet. For anyone in the same boat, I'd size down for the soft soles and size up for the rubber soles -- the soft soles will stretch out better but you want a stable platform to stand on with the rubber soles.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
what's the selling point? Are they especially comfortable or durable or something? That's a lot of money for that type of footwear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
Fwiw the Glerups didn’t work for me at all. My quest for ideal indoor shoes continues.