Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

fool of sound posted:

I'm going to go ahead and open the thread back up to civil and productive discussion between posters since the mods probably aren't going to be around a ton overnight.

Yeah this is any ongoing issue that I constantly worry about and don't feel that I have a grasp on how to handle. I want D&D to be a place where people can respectfully and above all safely discuss abuse, but the current dont-ask-dont-tell-esque setup is awful and leads to an environment where no discussion can happen at all.

My observations are:
---Accusations of abuse need to be handled with utmost respect and circumspection; skepticism is weaponized against victims in order to silence them, especially by powerful people.
---Bringing up accusations as a litmus test of other posters is exploitative and highly disrespectful both to other posters an survivors in general; many posters have suffered abuse themselves, and labeling people as pro-rape is wildly out of line.
---Posters need to feel confident that they can share, discuss, and learn without risking severe punishment for honest missteps, unless they've severe. Survivors need to feel confident that should moderation be needed, that have someone they can trust to discuss the issue with them and act appropriately.

I'm particularly interested in hearing advice from people who have some experience or expertise in how abuse should be discussed. This is strictly voluntary, any poster who doesn't feel comfortable discussing this subject in this venue does not have to.

If you have ever bothered to actually read and consider the feedback threads, several survivors have told you about how the Tara Reade thread and D&D moderators handling of the issues has compelled them to give up posting in D&D because the things that were posted and the complete lack of follow-thru.

Some people might take that as an oppurtunity to do some introspection but I suppose we'll see you bloviate more confusion about how this could have possibly become so toxic and then lash out.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

fart simpson posted:

made some charts. all of these are limited to the calendar year 2021, and only scraping data from public forums because i didnt log in to scrape the data

Thats a fair few car / joke sixxers in there from me in there...!

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

fart simpson posted:

made some charts. all of these are limited to the calendar year 2021, and only scraping data from public forums because i didnt log in to scrape the data

the clear takeaway from this chart is to ban discussion of politics, GPUs, and australia

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Jesus man why not a thank you before you just poo poo all over it.
TBF, as someone who suffers from some data science poisoning, I read what GJB posted as a thank you.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
My actual honest take is that D&D and USNews/USPol in particular has a massive volume of mod actions and cum probe time. GBS and CSPAM are also at the top but the actions/probe times are spread over more threads. The three most active D&D mods during this time frame (Handsome Ralph, GreyjoyBastard, fool of sound) are responsible for most of those. Handsome Ralph in particular has been active in enforcing forum/thread bans.

It's worth remembering from the list posted earlier, the number of posters actually forum/threadbanned is relatively small (maybe two dozen combined). But some of them have violated it quite a bit.

so imo these data show:

1) outsized number of actions and cum probe time in D&D, specifically USNews/USPol
2) forum/threadbans must be broken fairly often
3) if you look at the final graphic showing cum probes over time, fool of sound seems to be pretty steady in their contribution. GreyjoyBastard was very active in the winter/spring, but really dropped off when Handsome Ralph became highly active in summer/fall.

Your conclusions from that will depend on your attitudes toward moderation in general. Does this show that the D&D moderation is ineffective? Is more/better moderation needed? Or is less moderation the answer?

My suggestion is still for fewer but harsher punishments. I'd argue these data show the massive cum probe volume in USPol/USNews isn't effective.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Epinephrine posted:

TBF, as someone who suffers from some data science poisoning, I read what GJB posted as a thank you.

Trust me, I get it but not everyone is a masochist

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

aw what no word cloud?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Great work! Would it be possible to see probes per user per thread or forum.

poo poo, I didn't know PowerBI did web scraping. I'll have to check that out

yeah kinda, the data is there but i don’t know how to present it properly:

also yeah powerbi can do web scraping but in this case i scraped it with a different script and just loaded it in to powerbi afterwards

bonus chart:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Epic High Five posted:

aw what no word cloud?

word

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
uspol/news stats are unfortunately skewed by the ramps/people breaking forum bans for the 6th time and getting +30d and so on

if you account for those it looks far less impressive

p sure you'd find that it's ~10 or 15 people who are receiving 80-90% of the probation time in here, too. Also that list is almost a direct overlap of the forum banned list, for some reason.

anyways this is all fairly consistent with repeated iterations of the feedback thread saying 'please ramp people for repeatedly sucking' 'don't give people infinity chances, apply ramps faster' and 'please forum ban people before they get rack up like 4 pages of mod actions

btw this one is interesting because you can actually see pretty accurately when various people were on vacation/dealing with RL stuff and that the overall volume of actions taken was often pretty consistent regardless of who was doing it. big spike in feb/march was from ramps/forum ban violations, though things leveled out after people either got off of ramps or got tossed out

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Oct 27, 2021

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Herstory Begins Now posted:

uspol/news stats are unfortunately skewed by the ramps/people breaking forum bans for the 6th time and getting +30d and so on

if you account for those it looks far less impressive

p sure you'd find that it's ~10 or 15 people who are receiving 80-90% of the probation time in here, too. Also that list is almost a direct overlap of the forum banned list, for some reason.

anyways this is all fairly consistent with repeated iterations of the feedback thread saying 'please ramp people for repeatedly sucking' 'don't give people infinity chances, apply ramps faster' and 'please forum ban people before they get rack up like 4 pages of mod actions

btw this one is interesting because you can actually see pretty accurately when various people were on vacation/dealing with RL stuff and that the overall volume of actions taken was often pretty consistent regardless of who was doing it. big spike in feb/march was from ramps/forum ban violations, though things leveled out after people either got off of ramps or got tossed out

e: variant of the ribbon chart

fart simpson fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 27, 2021

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Looks about right

Chinathread: generates very few probes, most of the ones it does are for something substantial
USpol: generates 5,000,000,000 sixers, occasionally bigger probes. on the cumulative time, 120 sixers represents the same thing that one 30 day does
USnews: same as above, but lower average because many of the ramps/forum bans had been applied by the time uspol was reborn as usnews

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

fool of sound posted:

Yeah this is any ongoing issue that I constantly worry about and don't feel that I have a grasp on how to handle.

This is an insanely frustrating post to read, considering its coming from a DnD mod. Im going to do my best to answer your questions but im also pissed

To start with, this:

fool of sound posted:

---Bringing up accusations as a litmus test of other posters is exploitative and highly disrespectful both to other posters an survivors in general; many posters have suffered abuse themselves, and labeling people as pro-rape is wildly out of line.
happens because DnD is the only forum on the entire site where "I dont believe Tara Reade's account on Joe Biden is accurate" is a position that posters regularly hold and defend. You dont see CSPAMers giving "litmus tests" to other posters in Games or FYAD or wherever because this kind of bullshit doesnt happen anywhere else. The reason for this is because:

fool of sound posted:

---Accusations of abuse need to be handled with utmost respect and circumspection; skepticism is weaponized against victims in order to silence them, especially by powerful people.

Is only enforced after posts that go against that ideal are brought to the attention of a mod, usually after said mod tries to claim that that kind of post never happens in DnD. It is a cycle that has repeated itself several times now and the most recent event is still a point of contention in this very thread.

If you are bringing this up with a genuine desire to improve things in DnD, then I honestly recommend re-reading the MeToo thread from the beginning and taking notes on every poster that pops in to question Tara Reade's experiences or expresses that her assault doesn't matter when weighed against the "greater good". Those are the exact posts and sentiments you and the mods need to clamp down on if you want to seriously address this:

fool of sound posted:

- Survivors need to feel confident that should moderation be needed, that have someone they can trust to discuss the issue with them and act appropriately.

As a side-note, i find this sentiment really grotesque:

fool of sound posted:

I'm particularly interested in hearing advice from people who have some experience or expertise in how abuse should be discussed. This is strictly voluntary, any poster who doesn't feel comfortable discussing this subject in this venue does not have to.

I can't remember if it was you or some other mod that wanted a survivor to rewrite the OP to the MeToo thread so it could be more effortful or whatever and then complained when no one stepped up that goons put a ton of effort into Games threads so this should be no different. Its really uncomfortable that mods are looking for experts or survivors to out themselves in order to tell them how to deal with rape-apologism when the answer is blindingly obvious: remove the apologists from the community.

Full disclosure, my sister, my mother, and my father have been raped or molested at various points in their lives. I have never told another soul this fact but Im saying this now in the hope that you will then use your hosed up calculus to take my considerations seriously and not outright dismiss them.

I want this site to get better and I dont want to share it with posters that hold truly horrific beliefs or worldviews. At this moment, you have the power to improve things and I genuinely hope that you take the opportunity to do so.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

This is an insanely frustrating post to read, considering its coming from a DnD mod. Im going to do my best to answer your questions but im also pissed

To start with, this:

happens because DnD is the only forum on the entire site where "I dont believe Tara Reade's account on Joe Biden is accurate" is a position that posters regularly hold and defend. You dont see CSPAMers giving "litmus tests" to other posters in Games or FYAD or wherever because this kind of bullshit doesnt happen anywhere else. The reason for this is because:

Is only enforced after posts that go against that ideal are brought to the attention of a mod, usually after said mod tries to claim that that kind of post never happens in DnD. It is a cycle that has repeated itself several times now and the most recent event is still a point of contention in this very thread.

If you are bringing this up with a genuine desire to improve things in DnD, then I honestly recommend re-reading the MeToo thread from the beginning and taking notes on every poster that pops in to question Tara Reade's experiences or expresses that her assault doesn't matter when weighed against the "greater good". Those are the exact posts and sentiments you and the mods need to clamp down on if you want to seriously address this:

As a side-note, i find this sentiment really grotesque:

I can't remember if it was you or some other mod that wanted a survivor to rewrite the OP to the MeToo thread so it could be more effortful or whatever and then complained when no one stepped up that goons put a ton of effort into Games threads so this should be no different. Its really uncomfortable that mods are looking for experts or survivors to out themselves in order to tell them how to deal with rape-apologism when the answer is blindingly obvious: remove the apologists from the community.

Full disclosure, my sister, my mother, and my father have been raped or molested at various points in their lives. I have never told another soul this fact but Im saying this now in the hope that you will then use your hosed up calculus to take my considerations seriously and not outright dismiss them.

I want this site to get better and I dont want to share it with posters that hold truly horrific beliefs or worldviews. At this moment, you have the power to improve things and I genuinely hope that you take the opportunity to do so.

Thanks for this post. I really hope that he takes your advice and re reads the entire metoo thread and notices some patterns.

Yeah also FoS if you genuinely meant what you said, please check out the posts Solkanar made in that thread, what you probated me for saying back to him, what you put as the probe reason and duration. you leap to the defense of the guy who was soon banned+30'd for his rape denying bullshit and ramping me to 3 days with a thin ice warning because I said an entirely different thread wasn't worth reading because someone tangentially brought it up in rebutting Solkanar's bullshit rape denailist routine. :ok:

Then tell me how you reconcile what you do and what you say. So strange how this environment you're uncomfortable with spontaneously sprung into being. This is your creation, this is how the people you stick up for and harbor respond to a story about a woman coming forward to say she was groped by Joe Biden as a young girl. They attack the twitter account that was posted, because the default assumption is that the victim is a liar, otherwise, why wouldn't it be reported someplace more reputable? A familiar argument. Here's the exchange I'm talking about :

VitalSigns posted:

E:
the girl outright said she'd come forward and try to report it if she thought it would do anything, but she knows he will never be held accountable and it will only ruin her reputation and make her a public target of harassment
https://twitter.com/DJcalligraphy/status/1419074788618694657/photo/1

Solkanar512 posted:

And loving sheep dip sures COVID-19.

https://twitter.com/DJcalligraphy/status/1423356466363133954?s=20

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

The probes and ban happened later as a cover your rear end whoops we hosed up punishment, and then your little pet pervert apparently whined in PM's enough to get some or all of it reversed. But the problem is that I wasn't nice enough to him and gasp, I said a different thread was bad at the same time! The horror.

I'm really only bringing this up because of how infuriating your last post ITT was. In the time since then I've participated very politely in D&D and even participated in a mod challenge from you in the very thread that you gave me the above mentioned 3 day ramp probe for saying was a bad thread. What I'm saying is, this isn't me grudge posting. I have been sincerely participating and trying to make the subforum a better place, and trying to self regulate the ways in which I communicate to be more acceptable and gracious to you. And the result is more of the same bullshit. Do you really fail this completely to grasp why people are frustrated as gently caress with you and your team and why emotions run high?

ram dass in hell fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Oct 27, 2021

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

fart simpson posted:

cum :cawg:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

fool of sound posted:

That sure is a lot of words to call me a patholical liar, MSDOS. It's funny that you would call anyone pathological when you've spent the entire last year of your posting exclusively complaining about D&D in other forums. Don't post in this thread again.

Oh hey yet another massive over reaction to mild criticism that results in a removal of a poster from the discussion because the mods personally don't like what they're saying.

This is an absolutely shameful post and another absolute pearl of the issue people have with the moderation.

There was literally zero issue with the post apart from what you made up in your own head to justify your reaction.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
One request I have is for toxxes to be brought back.

There's so many upcoming opportunities. You believe Dems will lose in 2022? Toxx. Think there will be another massive Covid wave in the winter? Toxx. Claim that the rumors are true and that Sinema and Manchin will join the GOP? Toxx.

I understand that previously, mods found it difficult to keep track of them. Perhaps we could use a public google sheet or something.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

CommieGIR posted:

Ah yes, the "Mass Incarceration and forced integration is not Genocide" excuse. If you really want to defend that, go for it, but honestly I don't see a D&D or even a Political Forum where defending that is going to be acceptable or encouraged.

CommieGIR posted:

The Whitehouse is also not calling the mass incarceration at the border genocide, but effectively that is what is happening. Are you guys really going to define everything by whether or not the White House calls it that, or based on what it actually appears to be?

And as for the AP:
https://apnews.com/article/ap-top-news-international-news-weekend-reads-china-health-269b3de1af34e17c1941a514f78d764c
:thunk: Hmmmmm, sure let's not use the word genocide, but this is literally a crime against humanity that aligns WITH genocide.

CommieGIR posted:

"The Mass Detentions are happening, but its a media slant"

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/rest-of-world/2019/04/05/are-historic-mosques-in-xinjiang-being-destroyed/
https://www.npr.org/2021/10/24/1047054983/china-muslims-sinicization

So, here's the thing: Either you are arguing that open source intelligence is wrong, and we are not witnessing a cultural genocide through mass incarceration, re-education under a prison environment while the PRC wipes out religious sites.
So, in other words: You are moving the goal posts. If the US was doing this, would you be outraged? I'd be willing to bet yes.

bro you have a gang tag celebrating a genocide perpetrator lol. shut the gently caress up.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

One request I have is for toxxes to be brought back.

There's so many upcoming opportunities. You believe Dems will lose in 2022? Toxx. Think there will be another massive Covid wave in the winter? Toxx. Claim that the rumors are true and that Sinema and Manchin will join the GOP? Toxx.

I understand that previously, mods found it difficult to keep track of them. Perhaps we could use a public google sheet or something.

I used to be a big, goad people into toxxing on their prediction guy, but people almost never take the bait. I remember really drilling people who were swearing up down left and right that those dick pics were not Anthony Weiner, that it was physically impossible. But they would not bet their 10bux against mine.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I said what I felt and had to say in the metoo thread. I posted my fuckin guts into that thread and explained how I felt dnd treated survivors and how this place feels unsafe.

It felt like it fell on deaf ears over and over again and still feels that way. Every time rape apologists are allowed to keep goading survivors into responding to their gross poo poo. A few of my probes were directly responding to people who were being disgusting.

You want this place to feel safe? Permaban those fucks.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

exmarx posted:

bro you have a gang tag celebrating a genocide perpetrator lol. shut the gently caress up.

No.

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

https://www.history.com/news/shermans-war-on-native-americans
Very concerning genocide denial going on here

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

exmarx posted:

ah, an old classic

people pretending to be actually mad about the Sherman gangtags is still probably the most pathetic gangtag-related poo poo I have ever seen

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

fart simpson posted:

So is the takeaway here that D&D mods are the most heavy-handed, or that the forum is the most trolled, or what? (What's the key on charts 2 and 4?)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Muscle Tracer posted:

So is the takeaway here that D&D mods are the most heavy-handed, or that the forum is the most trolled, or what? (What's the key on charts 2 and 4?)

each subforum got a random color. doesn't really matter what the color is, but anything with that orange color was in d&d

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

thatfatkid posted:

Actually allow debate and discussion. Disagreeing with sabre rattling propaganda isn't genocide denial, especially when the associated press and US don't even describe what's happening in xinjiang as genocide anymore. (bit hard to with the uyghur population actually growing and their life expectancy and quality of life improving)

Demod Handsome Ralph, CommieGIR and GreyjoyBastard as they're thinskinned liberals that are afraid of different opinions.

Why was I probated for providing my feedback on moderator behaviour in the moderator feedback thread?

It's kinda antithetical to probe feedback, especially when that feedback is that the mods are too probe happy and driven by ideological biases they either refuse to acknowledge it are unaware of.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

thatfatkid posted:

Why was I probated for providing my feedback on moderator behaviour in the moderator feedback thread?

It's kinda antithetical to probe feedback, especially when that feedback is that the mods are too probe happy and driven by ideological biases they either refuse to acknowledge it are unaware of.

"Mods are bad, also there is no genocide happening in Xianjiang" > gets probed, probe references the genocide denial belief > "Why was I probed for saying mods are bad?"

Is there a term for this? Where you do a neutral thing and a bad thing simultaneously, get punished, and then get riled up about the neutral thing? Is this what people mean by "bad faith"?

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
Others in this very thread have argued the point I've made and not been probated. I was highlighting that the mods enforce a certain ideological bias and probe those that dare to argue against them.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Maybe don't slip in a "have you considered how many Jews were born during the supposed Holocaust" bit. Which everyone else you're referring to managed to avoid.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

thatfatkid posted:

Others in this very thread have argued the point I've made and not been probated.
Have they? I don't think anyone else in this thread has actually called it not a genocide, people have just discussed/addressed the implied/explicit exterminatory genocide accusation vs. the broader definition of cultural genocide. That it has been downgraded to "not a genocide" by some organizations, now that the accusations are basically "they're treated like black people in the US" , isn't really much of an argument for it not being a genocide. Though I suppose your point there does touch on the issue of legitimate sources and media analysis issue, since you'd usually not expect to be punished for regurgitating something from AP in D&D.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Main Paineframe posted:

ah, an old classic

people pretending to be actually mad about the Sherman gangtags is still probably the most pathetic gangtag-related poo poo I have ever seen

Telling people that they're not actually upset about something is a great way to handle criticism!

It's a really lovely gangtag, bud. Sherman was a racist psychopath who committed genocide on Native Americans.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Terrible Opinions posted:

Maybe don't slip in a "have you considered how many Jews were born during the supposed Holocaust" bit. Which everyone else you're referring to managed to avoid.

Please don't put words in my mouth. That is nothing like what I've said that there is no mass slaughter of uyghurs, their quality of life, life expectancy has improved recently, they are allowed to worship as Muslims etc. and therefore what is happening is not a genocide. I don't dispute their being detention facilities, but those existing do not a genocide make.

Making such a point should not be verboten in the supposed debate and discussion board.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

thatfatkid posted:

Please don't put words in my mouth. That is nothing like what I've said that there is no mass slaughter of uyghurs, their quality of life, life expectancy has improved recently, they are allowed to worship as Muslims etc. and therefore what is happening is not a genocide. I don't dispute their being detention facilities, but those existing do not a genocide make.

Making such a point should not be verboten in the supposed debate and discussion board.
So you do not believe that Canadian and American native school systems were genocide?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
eta the context

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Okay, so for me, the most useful part of this all was to just ask people to explain. I feel more than ever that what I described as my ideal D&D is what I ought to be pursuing. Here is a more brief version:

It is clear that many people feel that the mods are punishing people because of their opinions. I still want to see examples, and while I don't think the ones quoted show that, this was not a one-time offer - my inbox will stay open to anyone who has examples of posts punished because of an opinion. I recognize that this does not come from nowhere and that the politics forums are laden with many years of conflict and valid complaints. I want D&D to have wide-ranging opinions and I'm happy to fight to uphold that.

However, it is also clear than there people who do not share my ideal D&D. Some people are unwilling or unable to discuss politics without escalating to vicious and unnecessary personal attacks over having different political opinions. If you cannot put that poo poo aside when you post in D&D, you can't post there. If you view people disagreeing with you as evil people to be driven off the site, you can't post there. That is the only way it makes any sense as a forum. You can disagree with any argument, but you can't make it personal about the person arguing. I'm never going to make it a place where you can be nasty to people because you disagree with them, or because they question something you see as absolute truth. If you don't want to deal with that, then I hope there are other places on the site where you can post without running into those sorts of politics. If you insist on being vicious and personal at any cost, twitter will be happy to have you.

This is a humor website for funny jokes. People show up for all sorts of reasons, but not everyone here has internet poisoned politics anger and those people get to participate too. That's what this site was built on. People didn't just show up here just for politics discussion, they generally showed up here for comedy, and just happened to learn about politics together with everyone else. I think it's bullshit if you don't offer others, who haven't reached that level of enlightenment, that same opportunity for learning and growth. You don't get to pull the ladder up behind you by driving off dissenters.

gonna eat the probe *again* to say what i already knew.

Stringent posted:

need some time to make the post but i'll do this. i don't think you're going to do anything about it, but i will do it.

Stringent posted:

you may be sincere in this, i'm not a mind reader, i only know what i've seen previously from these feedback shocks.

what i've seen is that the dnd mods are deeply invested in the status quo and intend to go to the mat to protect it behind closed doors.

as such they (understandably) just see feedback as a chance for them to get yelled at by a bunch of goons, once when the feedback is invited and again when it gets ignored later.

this poo poo is just going to continue, it's what they want and since they have access to the people who own the thing you're interacting with they are going to get what they want.

he bought it, he doesn't want to think about it, they were in the right place, so here we are.

enjoy it, lol.

also, gently caress you ralph, you're a bitch

Stringent fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Oct 27, 2021

Fancy Pelosi
Oct 2, 2021

by Hand Knit

Main Paineframe posted:

ah, an old classic

I agree with you. Whenever someone is upset by something that doesn't confirm my prior beliefs, they're pretending to be mad

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Looks about right

Chinathread: generates very few probes, most of the ones it does are for something substantial
USpol: generates 5,000,000,000 sixers, occasionally bigger probes. on the cumulative time, 120 sixers represents the same thing that one 30 day does
USnews: same as above, but lower average because many of the ramps/forum bans had been applied by the time uspol was reborn as usnews

I think if you adjusted this for # of posts, the china thread would be the most insane one on the forums. It has about half as many replies as the as the USNews thread and has been going for 8 years. Given that the chart you're quoting is for this year alone...jesus christ

Starks fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Oct 27, 2021

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Main Paineframe posted:

ah, an old classic

Accusing someone of only pretending to be mad (which is just another way to call someone a dreaded "concern troll") is a pretty crappy thing to do unless you have proof.

Srice fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 27, 2021

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 220 days!

Terrible Opinions posted:

So you do not believe that Canadian and American native school systems were genocide?

This makes it sound like you think that the problem with those was mandatory school attendance, just FYI.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Hodgepodge posted:

This makes it sound like you think that the problem with those was mandatory school attendance, just FYI.

buddy, let me tell you about anarchist twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Hodgepodge posted:

Maybe I'm just from a weird part of the country but "native schools" is always a euphemism for the places they took Native American children who were kidnapped.