Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Elephant Ambush posted:

Are you loving kidding me that this is an actual emote that exists here?

Goons were a lot more into Jericho before his COVID opinions came out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Goons were a lot more into Jericho before his COVID opinions came out

Yeah, he really betrayed them with that. Wish there was a metaphor for this.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

dsriggs posted:

For just :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: anything can be an actual emote that exists here.

:vince: :camera6: :drat: :moreevil: :russo: :wcw: :aronrex: :daryl: :goodshit: :miedo: :suzuki: :wardlow: :yoshihashi:

Someone needs to buy
It's kind of important.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
:judas: emote rules

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

edogawa rando posted:

Austin/Owen was 1997, and IIRC, the piledriver was banned for everyone except a specific few, in either 2000 or 2001. Kane was using the chokeslam as his finisher most of the time, and Undertaker was using the Last Ride more often than not.

I'm pretty sure Justin Credible had to change his finisher, although I can't remember what it became for the life of me, and I'm fairly certain Rhyno didn't do his piledriver at all during his WWE tenure.

From the 'That's Incredible! (Piledriver)", to the "That's Incredible (how few NBA championship banners the Knicks have up there, as I lay on the mat and stare at the rafters for the three count)"

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

El Generico posted:

Why do I get the feeling that Bischoff asked if he could be a more regular character on AEW and gave them all these ideas and they were like nah thanks though and he's mad about it.

"Tony, how about we sign Garrett and then do an angle where I have creative control?"

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

it's been insane to watch wrestling fans become communists and poo poo in bad faith solely to frame AEW as bad because they're mad people like something.

Trustafarians talking about praaaaxis just to promote their buddies' podcast – that, I get. My mind can't comprehend going full metal Marxist to defend Vince McMahon. And it's not even like they seem to like the wrestling itself outside of "comfort food good."

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
It's been surreal to see, through the lens of this thread, how many people who claim to be wrestling fans aren't actually fans of wrestling and don't know anything at all about the business.

The description of that one guy's podcast where he says wrestling is basically like teaching a child call and response just blew my mind.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/qga8uo/shouldnt_there_be_more_concern_over_charlottes/

quote:

I once had a patron at a bar who went to the same high school as Charlotte and really painted a picture of her as this girl named Ashley who was kind of dramatic and to her was annoying but, who she didn't really like for years but who she ultimately ended feeling really bad for by the time they were all seniors because her family were the town crazy people, who couldn't go a week without making some kind of scene or pissing off the neighborhood or dragging her into some big dramatic scene in public.

Look at this woman's life. She's RIC FLAIR's daughter. Do we really need to go into why that would be a dramatic and not very healthy childhood? And that's just where it starts.

Then, in her own words her bother dies at like 20 years old, so she chooses HIS career, and HIS dream as her lifelong career to help herself and her dad through that.

It's only a few years ago that she was at Ric's hospital bed being told that he will likely die this week.

She's had a false pregnancy within the last year which is crazy enough for someone to hear and deal with and then have undone, but then it also made her miss the biggest show of the year for the second straight year.

Starts dating a dude in a serious way for the first time [edit- since her second divorce, that is, as l reminded in the comments] and falls for him really hard and gets engaged. Now, l don't know dick about poo poo as far as these two's relationship but, there was a time where this subreddit was basically just "Here's every wrestlers tweets today" and Charlotte/Andrade's photos with each other were constantly on the front page.

Even back at that time, looking at her as this girl named Ashley who's real life I had been told all about, when l saw those pictures l felt the same pings of concern l'd have it was my own friend who'd been through those traumas looking at a person the way she was looking at him, because it screamed "I only care about wrapping myself up in you" which makes total sense for the instincts of someone who's been through the lifetime of abandonment issues and a tragic death.

Now, throw in a worldwide apocalypse, and drop the bomb that the guy she's in love with and engaged to, quits their job together and her day-to-day life to follow his passions outside of a job that he doesn't think treats them right. RIGHT AFTER THAT now her father quits the job they both have because he doesn't think he and her are being treated right.

Then you've got all of the stories of her being "hard to deal with" backstage over creative issues that when you hear them are like "Yeah... she has every right as a supposed main event star to not want to trade her WORLD TITLE with someone like it's a friendship bracelet and be really pissed off about being forced to do it" and then it doesn't shock me that the two angry people put into a cage together by someone who knows they both don't want to be in the cage together, then end up taking out their anger on each other. I wasn't there but all I'm doing is repeating the same story that's being spoken about WITHOUT the context that if Becky and Charlotte apparently both absolutely hated the idea of the segment, why are they being forced to do something the don't want to do and being expected not to lash out over it?

Or last Monday when the reports that she was apparently really hard to work with and was being a dick to everybody.... because she WANTED TO LOSE to Bianca and help make her. Not because she was selfish and wanted the dq loss to keep her strong, but because she was angry she wasn't being allowed to use her own star power to help make someone she thinks deserves it. Yeah, if you're the agents and the writers and Vince and whoever, that's hard to work with and huge headache. But the people's she's giving a headache are not the good guys in the story I'm reading.

I feel like she's got a ton, a literal TON of red flags as someone who's going through incredible difficulties and traumas and has all the reasons around her to become distant and feel alone and is starting to become an angry person because of it in her day to day life, while people just go "man what a dick, right? gently caress her lol"

Like, if your mentality is "If her mental health is hosed that's on her" then you just either have never dealt mental health issues or dealt with your own in such a way that also made you selfish and angry. When you're as deep in the hole as it very much looks like she might be becoming based only on the confirmed public information we have, there's absolutely no guarantee at all that she has any idea that she's falling off a cliff because when you're in it day to day you just deal with the things that you feel are hurting you and can very easily accept the truth that there's nothing you can do but lash out and hold on to the idea that you'll be okay if you just burn down everything around you and start over with whichever one thing you can latch onto as the only beacon of happiness in your life and its on the people around this person, who give a poo poo about this person, to try to help them see what's happening to their insides, and help them fix whatever is poisoning them.

If you're not her friend, if you don't care about her, that's fine, it's not your problem. But if you're actively revelling in her behavior, villifying, and laughing at the poo poo show she's becoming, and fan the flames in hopes that she just keeps getting crazier. drat dude... you're just a bad person.

TLDR- just her whole life up until right now. It's like the perfect recipe for someone to become isolated and angry at the world around them. And ultimately what has this woman, the real life woman not the fake character on TV, done to deserve people coming at this from a perspective of condemnation and not empathy?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

You forgot the stupid part

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

pings of concern

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
we have failed to consider that Charlotte is just a smol bean and that we must Do Better as posters

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

the lore of the queen

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Fart Radio posted:

we have failed to consider that Charlotte is just a smol bean and that we must Do Better as posters

She was just working through some personal issues when she angrily pummeled that obviously concussed woman :ohdear:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

She was just working through some personal issues when she angrily pummeled that obviously concussed woman :ohdear:

Thank you for finally agreeing. This was big of you.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Thank you for finally agreeing. This was big of you.

I'll be sure to Always Good her when she inevitably winds up in AEW, right before she gets turfed out a la Ivelisse and Shanna

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

weird

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm Always Good

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
see, it's like I KNOW her

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I just enjoy her trashcan offerings.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
As someone who once read a post that was shared by another poster about a guy who knew a girl that knew Charlotte Flair, I can sure you that Charlotte was always good.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

best wrestler fanfic since the TNA fanfic about Gunner being in Iraq lol

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I saw Charlotte Flair at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told her how cool it was to meet her in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother her and ask her for photos or anything. She said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but she kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing her hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard her chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw her trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in her hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Ma'am, you need to pay for those first.” At first she kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, she stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, she kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Lemme tell you a true story.

Back in early 2014, I was impersonating Wes Sims for a few months as part of a bet. So me and The Queen, we're going to Ikea, cause she needs to buy a chair, right? Nothing fancy, just a simple office chair with good lumbar support, cause she'd hurt his back in a ladder match. So we're in Ikea, looking through all the Bjorns and Karls and Fingords and whatever the gently caress else they call the loving furniture, and Charlotte's hopping in and out of the little display models, stretching and going "UUUURGH" and all "I don't like this one, these arms are gonna piss me off if I buy this and stuff".

Eventually we settle on one, I forget which, and we go looking for a member of staff. We find one, pimply little motherfucker, and he's all "Uh I'll need to go get a forklift driver cause it's kinda heavy" and, well, Charlotte is obviously a strong dude and we don't wanna wait cause we gotta go get our Swedish Meatball on, so we go with this dude to the warehouse, and we're gonna carry the chair ourselves, y'know? And that's when it goes bad. Somewhere on the other side of the warehouse, some numbnuts drops a ladder, BANG, just like that.

And Charlotte lets instinct take over.

First victim is the pimply kid, cause I'd gotten used to Charlotte by this point and got a pallet jack between me and her as soon as I heard the bang. The kid, obviously not too wise on his TLC 2019, takes it like a sandbag, straight down, his head hitting the concrete floor like a canteloupe. Pretty grody.

Charlotte realises what he's done, and obviously she's pretty stressed, and for some hosed up reason there's, like, sixty display chairs and tables set up in the warehouse, must be about to be taken out to the shop floor for a display, except she doesn't see that, she just sees a forest of legs, all of them in pairs. It was like watching a bull slew through a bunch of jobbers, I tell you. He's just BAM, double leg, BAM, double leg, BAM, double leg, shouting and bellowing the whole way. She gasses after his first five or six, but keeps BAM double legging them, for a whole twenty minutes. Last thing I remember of that godawful carnage, as I booked it out of a back door and the cops arrive, is a mental image, startling in its clarity still, of Charlotte Flair doing the whizzer on a BERTIL, her face as unrecognizable as Hell's own glow.

It took a few cops to bring her in, of course. Eventually one of them made sergeant by screaming "THIS IS A BELT EXCHANGE!" in her face and cuffing her while she was confused. The trial was called off when the jury all got mysteriously injured a few days before, and the judge didn't post his arm correctly and dislocated his elbow. The only reporter foolhardy enough to try and cover the story got as far as "Noted sports entertainer Charlotte Flair" before getting concussed by a ladder right at his own desk. As for me? Well, I won my bet. Easiest sixteen bucks I ever made.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

loving hell :xd:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Good take we should all try being kinder to each other

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Are these stories references to something or are they just mocking that long reddit post I didn't read?

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Sorry, this post has been removed by the moderators of r/SquaredCircle.
Moderators remove posts from feeds for a variety of reasons, including keeping communities safe, civil, and true to their purpose

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Are these stories references to something or are they just mocking that long reddit post I didn't read?

it's stuff from my birthday party in 2020. my next one is on november 19. be there

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
today people had some fun in wrestling. let's see what twitter had to say:

https://twitter.com/EliIMPACT/status/1453153576516194307

https://twitter.com/XBOXimp8783/status/1453172733387362304

https://twitter.com/EliIMPACT/status/1453152928194252801

https://twitter.com/KevinNagle11/status/1453174867315073031

https://twitter.com/ZACKWRESTLING0/status/1452819997533876233

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
putting bryan on a throwaway show led to one of the best things he ever did in wwe

https://streamable.com/at8pm

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

flatluigi posted:

putting bryan on a throwaway show led to one of the best things he ever did in wwe

https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1259459162976772097?lang=en

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

flatluigi posted:

Also a dumb kids show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz1Vkgcp5XE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan Danielson loving rules forever :hellyeah:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's obviously not Cody. Cody doesn't wear a mask. Fuego 2 does. How can they be the same person? Obvious.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
That must be some of the best commentary ever on a WWE product.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

quote:

TLDR- just her whole life up until right now.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Endless Mike posted:

That's obviously not Cody. Cody doesn't wear a mask. Fuego 2 does. How can they be the same person? Obvious.

Also Cody is famously the son of Dusty Rhodes, while Fuego 2 is the son of Fuego. For these wild theories to be true, Fuego would have to be Dusty. And that's impossible because Dustin is Fuego's dad.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Cody is obviously a huge influence on the new crop of wrestlers if they are getting his physique, tattoos and move set. His HoF chances are very high now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Looking forward to how the other masked wrestler who debuted at the Dark tapings pans out online once it airs.