Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PawParole posted:

the army lost a coup after they lost an election, and both the ethnic minority rebels and the civilian government
are allied now.

the army didnt "lose a coup" theyre in total control, and the civilian government sure as gently caress isnt allied to any of the people they oppressed. who are they allied to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

lollontee posted:

the army didnt "lose a coup" theyre in total control, and the civilian government sure as gently caress isnt allied to any of the people they oppressed. who are they allied to?

Yeah I thought something new happened but nope the army still has Suu Kyi in prison and are literally starting her trial today. and Aung San hasnt repented at all for her attitudes towards the rohynga.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Attitudes lol

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

lollontee posted:

Meant Launched sorry, it’s early in the morning and my brain is frozen.

also NUG is currently allied with the Rakhine and Rohingya rebels

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

paul_soccer12 posted:

Attitudes lol

Crimes and racism I mean

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PawParole posted:

Meant Launched sorry, it’s early in the morning and my brain is frozen.

also NUG is currently allied with the Rakhine and Rohingya rebels

according to who?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

google autofill for "aung" gets me her name + genocide as first result and + nobel peace prize as the second. she could be the next obama

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

All flights in and out of Sudan are cancelled until the 30th

https://twitter.com/RandaHabib/status/1453022743281164289?s=20

Probably due to the pilots Striking

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Its possible she was simply trying to not get imprisoned again when she said nothing about the rohyns.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Baudolino posted:

Its possible she was simply trying to not get imprisoned again when she said nothing about the rohyns.

she still got imprisoned anyways, also Aung is super islamophobic she once went insane when she found out the BBC reporter interviewing her was a muslim.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1452966760454529026?s=20

This comes a day after the US blamed Iran for the drones attacks against it's Syrian base.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Atrocious Joe posted:

This comes a day after the US blamed Iran for the drones attacks against it's Syrian base.

im surprised this hasnt happened more

gas stations are more vulnerable at the point of sale level than most people expect

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Goast posted:

you can ignore my lovely posts all you want but i will post on every page until everyone who supports the overthrow of foreign dictators explains to me personally how the regime they will implement in it's place is better than the one that previously existed

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/SecBlinken/status/1453149616363409411?s=20
https://twitter.com/SecBlinken/status/1453170188149563398?s=20

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

paul_soccer12 posted:

Attitudes lol

rip paul soccer keep your deaththreats to yourself lmao

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Goast posted:

rip paul soccer keep your deaththreats to yourself lmao

Can you please shut up?

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
listen Iran if you hack our gas stations and turn off those annoyingly loud ads with MARIA MENOUNOS ...

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Peter Daou Zen posted:

listen Iran if you hack our gas stations and turn off those annoyingly loud ads with MARIA MENOUNOS ...

they probably could if they tried

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

Can you please shut up?

rip paul soccer Jan 5, 2020 - Oct 26, 2021 they made a very dumb post

Goast has issued a correction as of 09:16 on Oct 27, 2021

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Goast posted:

they probably could if they tried

it’s fine if you think Al Saqr is evil or shortsighted or whatever, but he posts better than you do and has interesting things to say.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

mawarannahr posted:

it’s fine if you think Al Saqr is evil or shortsighted or whatever, but he posts better than you do and has interesting things to say.

im sorry that you find lies and liberals equivocating anti-imperialism to nazis interesting

Goast has issued a correction as of 09:26 on Oct 27, 2021

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Goast posted:

im sorry that you find lies interesting

quote:

im sorry that you find lies and liberals equivocating anti-imperialism to nazis interesting

nice edit, weirdo who has never found lies interesting (as though Donald Trump isn’t interesting). Al saqr is interesting and memorable with a unique perspective within the forums, you’re someone I’ve never heard of who’s on a silly moral crusade in a single C-SPAM thread.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Goast posted:

You should read the threat title imo

Corpse SPAM › copsuckers and bootlickers: the new dissident left honeypot thread

paul_soccer12 posted:

Someone should kill that kid and that judge

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

genericnick posted:

You should read the threat title imo

Corpse SPAM › copsuckers and bootlickers: the new dissident left honeypot thread

if paul is still lurking here hmu on discord Goast#2276 ill paypal you 10 bucks i like your posts

sometimes you press some buttons when you meant to press other ones, this is why the edit button exists, i will edit this post a little later just for fun actually

Goast has issued a correction as of 10:01 on Oct 27, 2021

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
wow, what a badass. shut up

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Excerpt from the most recent People's Dispatch article on Sudan. Their sources seem to mostly be associated with the Communists and the trade unions, so

quote:

Revolutionary forces fight for full civilian rule
The revolutionary forces, which have mobilized hundreds of thousands to the streets, reiterated that the struggle will continue till the formation of a full civilian government, to whose authority the military is subjugated.

Sudanese Professionals Association (SPA), a trade union coalition affiliated with the Sudanese Communist Party (SCP), said in statement that neither the release of the prime minister nor the restoration of the transitional government, in which civilian leaders shared power with the military generals, will de-escalate the mass-protests.

Civilian rule was a central goal of the December Revolution, which beginning at the end of 2018, forced the army to remove former dictator Omar al Bashir from power in April 2019.

The protests demanding a civilian government continued after Bashir’s deposition. However, the compromises struck by the centrist and right-wing political parties after the June 3 massacre at the sit-in in front of the army headquarters in Khartoum resulted in the formation of a joint civilian-military transitional government in August 2019.

This transitional government was supposed to rule for a period of three years before holding elections. The agreement had also required Burhan to hand over the presidency of the government’s sovereignty council to a civilian leader in November 2021, ahead of which he carried out the coup on Monday.

Condemning the coup, the International Monetary Fund, the United Nations, the UK, US and its western allies are pressuring the army to release the arrested civilian leaders and restore the transitional government. However, protesters who are holding barricades against the army in neighborhoods across Sudan continue to reiterate that they are facing the army’s bullets for full civil authority, and not for the return of the transitional government.

“Down with the ‘bloodshed-partnership’” remains the slogan of the masses on streets. This is a slogan against the transitional government’s underlying power-sharing agreement between civilians and generals, which concedes immunity to the senior-most military officers who are accused of masterminding the June 3 massacre.

The terms of this agreement had allowed the military to control the country’s defense policy, internal security, foreign policy and most of the economy. This left the civilian leaders in the government – chosen by the centrist and right-wing parties – with little real power to address the crisis which continued to deepen, with soaring food prices and raging armed tribal violence in the periphery.

Turning the tables on these civilian sections, army chief Burhan, in a statement on Tuesday, blamed “political rivalries” for the crisis, and declared, “The experience during the past two years has proven that the participation of political forces in the transitional period is flawed and stirs up strife.”

Military-appointed technocratic government?
Burhan is expected to announce the formation of a new government made up of technocrats appointed by the military elite. The civilian political parties will have no say in it. While this government may be announced in the coming hours or days, its ability to impose its authority on the country remains a question, considering the massive number of people on the streets.

Workers in the oil and banking sector are on strike. Doctors have reportedly refused to serve at military hospitals. The critical trade highway connecting Sudan with Egypt – whose authoritarian government is known to be extending support to the Sudanese military – has been blocked, a source told Peoples Dispatch.

He added that the security forces are stretched and outnumbered as demonstrations are being staged behind barricades erected by protesters in virtually all neighborhoods in every town and city. On being attacked by the army, protesters disperse, regroup elsewhere and block the roads with torched tires.
https://peoplesdispatch.org/2021/10/27/sudans-streets-resound-with-call-for-complete-civilian-control/

Interesting that although the Port Sudan road may be open, the road to Egypt is now blocked.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Peter Daou Zen posted:

you can mute those, it’s an ADA thing I think. usually it’s the 2nd button on the right side of the monitor but you can just press them and see.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

nice edit, weirdo who has never found lies interesting (as though Donald Trump isn’t interesting). Al saqr is interesting and memorable with a unique perspective within the forums, you’re someone I’ve never heard of who’s on a silly moral crusade in a single C-SPAM thread.

Al saqr loving sucks and is basically a boring as gently caress d&d liberal supporter of us imperialism, the fact he's sucking from the teat of the Saudi welfare state while supporting various Wahhabist terrorist groups is hardly interesting.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

IAMKOREA posted:

Al saqr loving sucks and is basically a boring as gently caress d&d liberal supporter of us imperialism, the fact he's sucking from the teat of the Saudi welfare state while supporting various Wahhabist terrorist groups is hardly interesting.

however abhorrent his views may be, they’re way more interesting and relevant than your thoughts as a European or American who, chances are, can’t even speak a language other than English and middle-school French.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

however abhorrent his views may be, they’re way more interesting and relevant than your thoughts as a European or American who, chances are, can’t even speak a language other than English and middle-school French.

what the gently caress is this poo poo

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

if this thread were about Cuba it would be preferable to have a few gusano posters instead of tedious liberals determined to keep the thread boring.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

can we please focus on the hate going on in Sudan and stuff

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
goast i appreciated your effort to roast alSaqr in an effort to force him into the thunderdome, but now ive changed my mind. prepare to be destroyed

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

mawarannahr posted:

this is incredibly stupid. what is this actual lib poo poo.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

mawarannahr posted:

This might be the dumbest poo poo I've read in this thread and thats saying something

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/moehash1/status/1453426597114044419?s=20

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Atrocious Joe posted:

Excerpt from the most recent People's Dispatch article on Sudan. Their sources seem to mostly be associated with the Communists and the trade unions, so

https://peoplesdispatch.org/2021/10/27/sudans-streets-resound-with-call-for-complete-civilian-control/

Interesting that although the Port Sudan road may be open, the road to Egypt is now blocked.

quote:

However, the compromises struck by the centrist and right-wing political parties after the June 3 massacre at the sit-in in front of the army headquarters in Khartoum resulted in the formation of a joint civilian-military transitional government in August 2019.

those motherfuckers

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Atrocious Joe posted:

nothing like america supporting democracy in Iran by continually punishing civilians and doing war crimes

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

lol this is an incredible post, cheers mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

you’re welcome. always glad to keep things interesting for the Middle East watchers working from home.