Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Danger posted:

Trueanon: it’s disturbing to me how even the seemingly subversive work we attempt it undermined by the inescapable medium that reduces ourselves to an act of production. With our selves as commodities.

RGD: so are Brace and Liz a thing?

They're both valid points imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

multijoe posted:

They're both valid points imo

Don't be a loving weirdo

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If you wanna be creepy and fantasize about a nebbishy dweeb hooking up with a soft faced brunette there are like 50 Woody Allen movies you can jack off to

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
But what if Brace was hooking up with Yung Chomsky and Gnome Chomsky?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Malcolm Excellent posted:

But what if Brace was hooking up with Bust Rodd

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Androies posted:

The constant struggle of Facebook to try and make it seem like it gives a poo poo about mental health while also trying its best to get people to scroll as much as possible will always kill me. I'm sure it's all silo'ed like you have a few sunny floors in some building dedicated to the people who talk about how much of a difference facebook is making with all of its apps and how they can be used to make the world a better place in a healthy manner and then in the basement is just a room jam-packed with people asking how to make Instagram appeal to 4-year-olds.

There's documentation of fb experimenting with hiding positive posts ftom people's feed, exposing them to nothing but death announcements, political rants, etc. just tinkering around with people's emotions to see if an enless wall of misery would be good for their business metrics

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/30/technology/facebook-tinkers-with-users-emotions-in-news-feed-experiment-stirring-outcry.html

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

little munchkin posted:

There's documentation of fb experimenting with hiding positive posts ftom people's feed, exposing them to nothing but death announcements, political rants, etc. just tinkering around with people's emotions to see if an enless wall of misery would be good for their business metrics

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/30/technology/facebook-tinkers-with-users-emotions-in-news-feed-experiment-stirring-outcry.html

They could have just studied cspam instead

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Anyone else remember like 3-4 years ago? I think Vice or someone did a big expose about how the Facebook content moderators were basically all drug-and-sex addicted trainwrecks who were snorting Xanax and banging each other in the stairwells just to cope with the inhumanly hosed up poo poo they were watching all day. Like you have a 6 hour shift and it’s just watching videos of hate crimes and animal mutilation and corpse photos from a fresh car accident and the only person on Earth who gets it is sorting next to you, asking you to join them in the broom closet for some meth and maybe a beej. Just absolutely psycho poo poo.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Bust Rodd posted:

Anyone else remember like 3-4 years ago? I think Vice or someone did a big expose about how the Facebook content moderators were basically all drug-and-sex addicted trainwrecks who were snorting Xanax and banging each other in the stairwells just to cope with the inhumanly hosed up poo poo they were watching all day. Like you have a 6 hour shift and it’s just watching videos of hate crimes and animal mutilation and corpse photos from a fresh car accident and the only person on Earth who gets it is sorting next to you, asking you to join them in the broom closet for some meth and maybe a beej. Just absolutely psycho poo poo.

i think the drug and sex-addicted stuff may just be projection on your part but yea there were news stories about how lovely it is to be a content moderator for Facebook

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
lol yeah I don't remember the drugs and sex part but I remember it being a really terrible soul crushing job

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

skull mask mcgee posted:

i think the drug and sex-addicted stuff may just be projection on your part but yea there were news stories about how lovely it is to be a content moderator for Facebook

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Bust Rodd posted:

back in 2005 or so, i clicked on the report queue on /b/ once and i still wanna do xanax about it

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
The dumbest man alive.

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1452462581088673805?t=sLcFN3JsKpRyjHqTU0FJjQ&s=19

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

what a sad, pathetic, piece of poo poo.

you know, The Thin Red Line is one of my favorite films of all time and it never ceases to annoy the gently caress out of me that Caviezel is not only featured prominently in it but also gives a great performance

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
imagine that kind of performance from someone who isn't a huge fuckwit

goddamn

Goast fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Oct 27, 2021

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

skull mask mcgee posted:

Gone Fashing posted:

lol yeah I don't remember the drugs and sex part but I remember it being a really terrible soul crushing job

I was not projecting

The Independent UK posted:

The moderators are allotted two 15-minute breaks, one 30-minute lunch break, and nine minutes of “wellness time” during one work day. However, a lot of the time spent on these breaks are for waiting in long bathroom lines where reportedly three bathroom stalls are used for hundreds of workers. Sometimes these stalls are used as a venue for people to have sex to cope with the high stress that comes with watching graphic and offensive content for their job. Some workers also use the facility’s nursing rooms to have sex, which became such an issue last year that the company removed locks from the rooms’ doors.

Content Moderators using sex & drugs to cope with PTSD at work lmao these pricks pay you $15 an hour to sift through pictures of dead bodies and animal abuse

Apparently Facebook’s content moderation is entirely contracted to a single facility in Arizona? Jesus Christ! No wonder it’s impossible to moderate content for non English accounts lol holy poo poo!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yeah I remembered that bit because it was the most memorable part lol at people champing at the bit to Bust Rodd.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
the rodd was right.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Gone Fashing posted:

the rodd was right.

the rodd has never been wrong about stress positions for cope sex

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Phobophilia posted:

You'd think they'd constantly bring up the existence of the Sutherland Springs church shooting because it was the One instance where a Good Guy with a Gun reduced the number if casualties, but because the liberal media basically stopped covering it, so too did the Responsible Gun Owners.
they don’t bring it up because even gun freaks aren’t stupid enough to try to spin ~26 people blown in half with a $600 AR as a “victory” for the second amendment

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
counterpoint: they are that stupid

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

They keep repeating the hilariously wrong number of self-defensive gun uses per year so it is a bit surprising they never tried it with Sutherland Springers so I do have to chalk it up to everyone forgetting about it an hour after it happened.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Phobophilia posted:

counterpoint: they are that stupid
i was really hoping you wouldn’t call my bluff here

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
90 seconds into the new ep and it's already a great one

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Not a basketball fan but always enjoy listening to crazy poo poo happening in sports. Great episode. Liz rules

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

the puerto rican rattlesnakes on trueanon :hellyeah:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
im shipping stav and liz now

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

shut the gently caress up tenementfunster

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
yeah obviously brace and stav is the otp

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Liz moved to NYC to be closer to Adam, I feel it in my skellington bones

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Jonah Galtberg posted:

shut the gently caress up tenementfunster
s my d, pal

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Bust Rodd posted:

Liz moved to NYC to be closer to Adam, I feel it in my skellington bones

Too bad he's gay.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Skulk Hogan posted:

Too bad he's gay.

He's also a bug, and was cuckolded multiple times.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
they're going to the trial...

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Tweezer Reprise posted:

they'll try, at least! i hope they bring sleeping bags.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Tweezer Reprise posted:

hahahaha

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

TenementFunster posted:

they'll try, at least! i hope they bring sleeping bags.

Jizzlane is going to get a not guilty and Brace is going to become her live in lover

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

that bitch who murdered people in kenosha is def getting off clean, and nobody will be convicted for arbery's death either

because we live in an evil place

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Tweezer Reprise posted:

they've been called to testify as expert witnesses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Brace always said to catch a pedophile you have to become a pedophile