Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Oh I suck also can't read etc etc. Well, that's a wrap for op enjoy the lawyer fees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Cowslips Warren posted:

I seriously wonder what the dudes in those religions are taught. Nothing at all, I am sure, about being a ripped up piece of garbage paper the more people you kiss. Nothing at all about purity. Maybe encouragement to wait until marriage, and then game loving on?

My buddy and his girlfriend got caught joking around about condoms at youth group (someone ratted them out to the youth pastor) and he got a stern serious lecture about how the Lord wants us to wait and the sanctity of marriage and his gf was surrounded by 4 women (2 of whose 16-18yo daughters had already made them grandmas) absolutely screaming at her about degrading herself in the eyes of the church and how nobody would respect her or see her as anything but a dirty whore if she ever had sex even once.

Fortunately they were 18 or so and they just stopped going to youth group and had safe sex and got married a few years later and lived happily ever after.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Evil Willow posted:

OP posted:

How can you LEGALLY not give me photos of ME

r/relationships: how can you LEGALLY not give me photos of ME

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Quackles posted:

r/relationships: how can you LEGALLY not give me photos of ME

As someone who works with freelancers, I truly hate this OP. Like, on a “the rings are coming off” way.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

teen witch posted:

As someone who works with freelancers, I truly hate this OP. Like, on a “the rings are coming off” way.

OP posted:

No other photographer will work with me! I tried everyone I could find but one of them said the photography community is pretty small and she posted about it in a fb group with my name is that slander?

commenter posted:

Not when it’s accurate.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

AAAAA I gotta find the original as OP nuked it from orbit, she is so wrong wrong wrong on so many levels

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

teen witch posted:

AAAAA I gotta find the original as OP nuked it from orbit, she is so wrong wrong wrong on so many levels

rareddit.com (eg just prepend "ra" to the original url) has it

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Getting professional boudoir pregnancy photos is for douchebags and belongs in the white people thread.

My wife is currently pregnant and if I told her I sprung $500 on booking a photographer to take classy b/w photos of her holding her belly she would probably punch me in the face.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

checks out, my sister got pregnancy boudoir photos and that bitch the whitest girl i know

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
what did she name her kids

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I don’t think one race has ownership of pregnancy boudoir photos, barring they’re like, not with a big swastika on the womb or in grand wizard robes.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
it's always been a yuppie waspy thing in my head

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA For not going to my moms Christmas party because my husband isn’t going to be invited?

quote:

I was talking to my mom on the phone a few days ago about random things. I always hosted Christmas at my house, but she told me she wanted to do it this year at her place. I was completely fine with it and I was happy she let me know in advanced.

Everything was going well until she told me nobody was allowed to invite their husbands. I got extremely confused and asked her why. My mom said my 10 year old niece Katie has recently become very depressed because she doesn’t have a father in her life. My mom said she wanted to make Christmas special and inviting fathers will make Katie upset.

I told her I wanted to spend Christmas with my husband and kids. My mom didn’t like this answer and called me selfish. She said I could split the day, but I didn’t want to leave my husband alone on Christmas. His family lives in another country so he wouldn’t have anybody to keep him company. I called my sister and she said it was both her and my mothers idea.

AITA?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Mx. posted:

AITA For not going to my moms Christmas party because my husband isn’t going to be invited?

It's coming with good intentions but if the idea is to get Katie to not think about how she doesn't have a father then this may not have the desired effect

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
AITA for making GBS threads on the bed?

quote:

i have chronic ibs. i was eating dinner at a wedding with my partner who is aware of my condition. he kept on telling me to eat different foods because all the bread and cream sauce would make me sick. i was a little wasted, so i told him “no” and “gently caress off”. this escalated into an argument. later when we got home he brought up how i was disrespectful at the wedding. i farted in my pants and before i could get up to use the bathroom, poo poo out diarrhea all over the bed. he said “wtf dude”. i cried and then left left. he hasn’t come back yet. i texted him 39 times apologizing and still no response. AITA?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

kntfkr posted:

lol

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Did you miss last thread when an Irishman complained about a Karen they dealt with at work and another poster immediately identified the specific individual? The entire country’s one small town.

That was me (irish woman btw) ! I did finally remember who the journalist was too, I must go and update the thread :)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3980996

purplestuffedworm
Oct 11, 2012

Mx. posted:

checks out, my sister got pregnancy boudoir photos and that bitch the whitest girl i know

I misread this as "pregnancy boulder photos" initially and I will never be able to call them anything else again.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

kntfkr posted:

Just the absolute worst person (the shitter, not the guy who presumably asked her to stop eating food that would poison her and got told to gently caress off)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Given what pregnancy does to your body I'm not gonna begrudge someone for wanting to look pretty, though people can def get weird about it.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

teen witch posted:

Please tell me you're removing them in order to replace them with bigger, chunkier rings.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for walking out on my boyfriend after he told me to do the dishes myself?

quote:

I (19 female) recently moved in with my boyfriend (20 male). Most of the expenses such as rent, food and furniture were paid from my money I've saved throughout my years in high school since it took some time for both of us to find a job.

I currently work in a supermarket which means I'm on my feet almost every day for 8 hours, sometimes I even work 9 or 10 hour shifts. My boyfriend starts work next month, which means he's home all the time playing games on my computer or watching videos/movies.

Since I can barely even stand after I come home from work (this was the only job available btw, I needed something QUICKLY), the only thing I want from him as household chores such as washing the dishes or doing the laundry. I do the sweeping and mopping since he's bad at it.

Recently we've been fighting occasionally about the dishes and laundry not being done even though it's the ONLY thing I want from him.

He always gets mad and says that he's not gonna do everything around the house just because he's at home all day (there currently isn't a single clean plate since he refused to do the dishes 3 days in a row).

He told me to do the dishes myself if it bothers me so much so I walked out of the house and went to work. Now he's not talking to me.

So, am I the rear end in a top hat?

Edit: please stop telling me to leave him, he is perfect in every other way except house chores.

Edit 2 i shouldn't even have to say this but PLEASE now that the comments are locked, can y'all stop going out of your way to DM me and severely insult me? I'm happy in my relationship, my boyfriend has everything else I need, and yes, he is helping around the house most of time, this has just been a recent problem that got resolved already, I was just asking if I was acting like an idiot. And as a victim of manipulation, gaslighting and abuse, my boyfriend definitely does NOT abuse me and he's also not going to cheat on me over a pile of dishes. Have a nice day.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

teen witch posted:

Let's check a few more ways she's wrong. Bolding mine.

Can you explain why you think you're entitled to show up early and get started early despite only paying for an hour of the two hour studio time?

quote:

The session cost was almost $600 and it has a list of what it includes. I was supposed to have a one hour session but I only got 25 minutes and she spent some of the studio time with someone else who was also paying! I paid for some one else’s time in the studio! She wouldn’t give me more time saying we had to vacate the studio by 12:30! How is that not her fault!

Wait, did she send you the policies or not?

quote:

I should say she did send over the policies and I even looked at it because it had photos of the inside of the studio but I didn’t read anything I thought it was just more paperwork like her welcome packet and dos and donts thing she just didn’t specifically tell me kids weren’t allowed but it did say in the email

quote:

She did but I didn’t know they were policies because it said something like “welcome to honeycomb studios” and I only looked at the pictures to see what the studio looked like I didn’t read anything else she could have told me to read the whole email or given me the important parts separate

Why would you bring your kid to a sexy photo shoot?

quote:

I didn’t even think about it because my kid has seen me naked all the time but the owner said that she doesn’t know for sure this is my kid which was just INSULTING of her and it’s a blanket policy and she doesn’t care if my kid has seen me naked because she hasn’t seen me posing prevocativly before but I just didn’t think about it and thought it would be fine

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
She literally said that the photographer paid half the price for the studio so she’s not even right about that part either lmao

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

purplestuffedworm posted:

I misread this as "pregnancy boulder photos" initially and I will never be able to call them anything else again.
A large boudoir the size of a small boudoir

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I want to see the pictures now just so I can see if I can see how stupid op is

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
WARNING: Dead Pet Ahead!

My [22 F] boyfriend's​ [22 M] brother [19M] is responsible for the death of his pet parrot, boyfriend will be home in a week and on the warpath.

quote:

My boyfriend "Roy" had a parrot that had been his grandfather's before Papa passed away. Roy and his Papa had been super close their whole lives, similar interests (including birds), and Roy gave up a lot of his time to help Papa as he got older, cumulating with Papa giving Roy his parrot when it got to the point that he couldn't take care of the bird himself. Because of this, that bird was incredibly important to Roy, more so after Papa died unexpectedly.

Roy has one brother named "Chris". Chris is the polar opposite of Roy. Roy is a workaholic, incredibly determined, an actual tested genius, and one of the most caring and humble people I've met. Chris is a ambition free slob, has never held down more than an entry-level​ job, barely passed highschool and was kicked out/flunked out of college (on his parents dollar) because all he felt like doing was party. This has led to his parents basically kicking him out of their house for a few months until about a month ago. Roy has always been trouble, openly hates Roy for "making him look bad" and has never even tried out a hobby on his own, preferring to play video games all day and night. This isn't from lack of trying, their parents would try to get him to pick something to do besides gaming all the time and he wouldn't. Then they picked things for him and he'd deliberately get himself kicked out, they at one point tried a small esports lounge group and Chris got kicked out in a day for raging and threatening another kid. Chris also enjoys pushing Roy's buttons, he's broken Roy's things on purpose, been disruptive for events Roy's been in, and even destroyed food during Roy's birthday parties as kids.

So yesterday Roy's mom called me to come over, and basically told me to make a free day to be on the phone with Roy because his parrot was found dead that morning.

What his parents knew for fact was that the room the parrot sleeps in (Roy's bedroom) was closed and warm with the window locked (his dad checks all windows every night) when they put him to bed. However this morning the window was wide open and the cold snap we had last night killed the bird. They just wanted to give me a heads up that Roy will be a mess this week and asked me to be there for him.

What they suspect based on evidence is that Chris came home late last night and wanted to smoke, not wanting his parents to find out as his parents banned smoking a and because close his room is to theirs, he went to Roy's room to smoke out the window, and just never closed it.

So Roy called me today and goes back and forth between irate and crying, I was there as best as I could be, reminding him to breath and tried to calm him down by talking about the wedding we are going to this weekend. I ask what's going to happened with him and Chris when he goes home to see his folks and all he could say was he isn't sure, it'll be bad but he's not sure. I asked if he planned on fighting Chris and Roy said yes, that he intends on finally giving Chris "what he deserves"

I have no idea what to do. I can't very well tell Roy he can't go home if he wants to, but I know Chris will be there, he's been told to leave in a week but that means he'll be still packing when Roy will be here. Roy is used to this out of Chris but this is too far.

tl;dr: boyfriend's brother killed boyfriend's pet parrot that their grandfather gave him through negligence and boyfriend will be home in a week and is on a warpath, what can I do?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Zurtilik posted:

My [22 F] boyfriend's​ [22 M] brother [19M] is responsible for the death of his pet parrot, boyfriend will be home in a week and on the warpath.

I bet it was a rare Norwegian Blue parrot, too. RIP, avian homie. :smith:

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Zurtilik posted:

What you can do is go ahead and find a nice place to hide the brother’s body.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Zurtilik posted:

what can I do?

Let Roy kill the worthless load and then help him dispose of the body. Everyone will be better off and it'll be a good bonding experience for the two of you.

Edit: beaten like Chris should be.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Zurtilik posted:

tl;dr: boyfriend's brother killed boyfriend's pet parrot that their grandfather gave him through negligence and boyfriend will be home in a week and is on a warpath, what can I do?
[/b]

Prepare a nice cool compress for Roy's knuckles.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I would entertain a swerve where dad hosed up, forgot the window, and finally finds some upside in raising a fuckup.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
With a keen eye for details.

ONE TRUTH WILL PREVAIL!

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I bet it was a rare Norwegian Blue parrot, too. RIP, avian homie. :smith:

Pining for the Fjords no longer.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

He's just resting...

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Evil Willow posted:

Edit: please stop telling me to leave him, he is perfect in every other way

Every. loving. Time.

My unemployed leech boyfriend who plays computer games all day does nothing around the house we used my money to rent and furnish. Now he's upset when I come home from being on my feet 8 - 10 hours a day and expect him to do half an hour of light work around the house.

AITA?

DIPAC.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Lol at that boudoir rear end in a top hat for thinking they should have told her separately about anything important in the policies packet. The whole purpose of the packet is so they don't have to write tailored instructions for every session, which would take up enough time that they'd have to charge more.

I'm planning a creative services business right now, and stories like this are exactly why I'm going to require a meeting to go over my process & policies.

Evil Willow posted:

My boyfriend has everything else I need... except for a current job, respect for me, and respect for our shared space!

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Every. loving. Time.

My unemployed leech boyfriend who plays computer games all day does nothing around the house we used my money to rent and furnish. Now he's upset when I come home from being on my feet 8 - 10 hours a day and expect him to do half an hour of light work around the house.

AITA?

DIPAC.

The comments on that one were depressing. OP kept reiterating that she wasn't going to dump him over a "pile of dishes". No matter how many times people pointed out that it wasn't about the dishes, she never listened. Well, she'll figure it out. Hopefully before she has a kid with him...

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

deety posted:

Lol at that boudoir rear end in a top hat for thinking they should have told her separately about anything important in the policies packet. The whole purpose of the packet is so they don't have to write tailored instructions for every session, which would take up enough time that they'd have to charge more.

I'm planning a creative services business right now, and stories like this are exactly why I'm going to require a meeting to go over my process & policies.

My boyfriend has everything else I need... except for a current job, respect for me, and respect for our shared space!

I recently hired a creative freelancer for a thing. The policies packet had a sentence "btw remember this code phrase form the contract". Then the contract itself had not only the "initial here to say you read the policies" box but asked for the code phrase from the policies packet. I thought it was a brilliant idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle ShortyB
Oct 18, 2013

"Do you think since your cat is dead I could

You know

Wear it?"
Fiancee(27f) made new friends asked us to be swingers then cheated and asked me reclaim her

quote:

So my(25m) fiancee(27f) just moved to a new apartment and made friends with a couple who lived in the same block. One night while hanging out with me she asked me if I ever wondered about missing out on having other sexual partners beside her? I said no, why? Do you? She said well I wont lie, it has crossed my mind. I said well we got together young so a lot of people experience fomo. Do you want to break up? She said no, we could become swingers. Then she said that the new friends she made were swingers and how they say that its very fun and keeps their marriage exciting and strong. I said its not for me, and it will never be for me. So you have to make call here if you can live our monogamous lifestyle or not? She said it was just a fantasy, we should be allowed to confess to our fantasies even if we are not going to act on it. I said fair enough.

Anyways, I had to leave for a week for a work meeting. On the day I was returning I received a weird message from her saying "can't wait for you to reclaim me". I thought maybe she is doing some dirty word play so I replied in kind. We were doing back and forth till I reached home from airport and she was waiting for me, very excited. Anyways the moment I entered she was all over me. When we reached the bedroom she said that she is feeling so close to me right now and that she knew I would be up for it. I asked up for what? She said "well reclaim me after I had sex with someone else, it increases the love between a couple, my friends told me that". At this point I was shocked beyond belief, but somehow kept my cool and asked her to explain herself? She then told me that her swinger friends had told her that after a couple had sex with others, they make love to each other and reclaim their love. And she just had a threesome with her friends. So she was very excited for me to reclaim her. I just asked her to collect her things and get out of my house right now or I will call the police. She was shocked and started crying and tried to explain herself. But I dialed 911 in front of her and kept my finger on the dial button so she left while crying. Next morning at 10 am my bell rang and she was again there, only this time she had her 2 "swinger friends" with her. Against my better judgement I invited them in, and they tried to explain the lifestyle and its benefits to me (I felt like I was cornered by Jehovah witnesses) and then told me that I could have a threesome with my gf and the wife of the couple right now (and she was a looker ngl). I said no thank you please leave. They were shocked and my fiancee again started and they started to argue with me that I was holding my fiancee back from living her life, and how I was blind in not seeing this the future way of life and blah blah blah. I threatened to call building security, only then they left.

Anyways I went nc with my fiancee and blocked her everywhere. One week later she came to my office and since everybody knew her I didnt want to make a scene there. She said that she had broken the lease on her new apartment and moved out of there. She also said that she has cut all contact with those friends from that day onwards when I threw them out, and was now living with her bff who was very mad at her. She then apologized to me for causing me hurt and said she was enrolling the individual counseling to find out why she did what she did. Also, she said she had no excuses, but would appreciate if we could keep in touch even if we were no longer together. Then she said she will always love me and maybe one day we will come together again, which she was hoping for. Then she hugged me and we parted ways. It was 6 months ago and she keeps me informed of her progress. She has changed jobs, is doing regular therapy and has made a new friends group.

So Reddit, my question is this- I really like this girl and yes she committed a giant mistake but she took responsibility and is actively working to better herself. Will I be a fool to rekindle our relationship again? Or is it too much wishful thinking on my part?

Jesus Christ. This for some reason reminded me of my bio-father telling me a couple years ago about his failed marriage with my step-mother and then ending the story with "But I want you to know that poly relationships can still work, if you're both considering that." and I told him "I think this proves that outside of very specific circumstances they very much do not, and also my gf (now fiancée) and I are not considering that whatsoever. I don't have enough attention or patience for more than one person at a time."