Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Everything about that is pure distilled uncut late stage capitalism America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/jbenton/status/1453375910695026700?t=MOTtzMCvny77dEUTOOnK-w&s=19

Kids.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Somehow this is going to lead to claims that the vaccine leads to copper poisoning in children.

I don’t know if copper poisoning is a thing, but I don’t need to know. I just need to think it is.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
A little surprised that in a group of over 4000 kids only one ate a penny during that period.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Wingnut Ninja posted:

A little surprised that in a group of over 4000 kids only one ate a penny during that period.

Only one was caught eating a penny.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I demand a poop recount to check for more pennies

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Can you imagine being the parent having to report that?

DOCTOR: anything else we should be aware of regarding little Timmy’s health?

PARENT (unsure, possibly despondent): *sighs* He did……swallow a penny…..on accident. Would that make a difference?

DOCTOR (blankly): I’ll note it in case it comes up.

4 months later

PARENT (reading the news on Twitter): gently caress.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Lol 3 bone breaks… I don’t think those are connected unless they passed out getting the shot and slide off the table.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

McNally posted:

Only one was caught eating a penny.

Fair point.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

boop the snoot posted:

Somehow this is going to lead to claims that the vaccine leads to copper poisoning in children.

Conservative media is already going nuts because one of the approvers basically said "we'll just have to approve it to see how safe it is" like the Nancy Pelosi moment. It doesn't matter that she was talking about myocarditis, which you'd never see in a ~5K clinical study because of how low the disease rate is. By definition, you'd *have* to EUA the vaccine and give it to hundreds of thousands to even *see* any myocarditis cases, which aren't even a big deal when they're vaccine-induced.

But if I had a penny for every time that happened, I could fund a clinical study :suicide:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Press conference on the Rust shooting right now.

Betting that Baldwin is wishing he spent a bit more of his Boss Baby money on his production efforts now.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hahaha

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1453157230820405252?s=21

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
His perpetual defense is “ah ha, here is one of my tweets where I say Trump is not very good!” followed by countless interviews implying that the only thing worse than Trump is everyone else.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Crab Dad posted:

Lol 3 bone breaks… I don’t think those are connected unless they passed out getting the shot and slide off the table.

You be surprised the amount of stuff that gets reported, VAERS gets used as data source to point out that Yes vaccines have horrible side effects. Of course they have to remove the context of where they got the information and include the disclamer VAERS data buried deep in their website.

Still if all the information in VAERS is true, then all the vaccines have a death rate of 0.01% vs COVID actual death rate of ~1%.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

ElMaligno posted:

You be surprised the amount of stuff that gets reported, VAERS gets used as data source to point out that Yes vaccines have horrible side effects. Of course they have to remove the context of where they got the information and include the disclamer VAERS data buried deep in their website.

Still if all the information in VAERS is true, then all the vaccines have a death rate of 0.01% vs COVID actual death rate of ~1%.

I got a V-SAFE questionnaire two weeks ago, and I said I had developed a chronic cough[probably unrelated], I got someone from the CDC calling me up to submit a VAERS report the next day.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Defenestrategy posted:

I got a V-SAFE questionnaire two weeks ago, and I said I had developed a chronic cough[probably unrelated], I got someone from the CDC calling me up to submit a VAERS report the next day.

VAERS reporting shup up during 2020/21, if you dig a little you can read the adverse event reports, like tis one:

quote:

Died January 21 after she received an mRNA shot; A spontaneous report was received from a consumer via social media concerning a 28-year-old, female patient who received Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine (mRNA-1273) and died two days later (death). The patient's medical history was not provided. No relevant concomitant medications were reported. On 19 Jan 2021, per social media post, the patient received one of their two planned doses of mRNA-1273 (Batch number not provided) intramuscularly for prophylaxis of COVID-19 infection. The reporter stated that the patient was dead on 21 Jan 2021. Treatment information was not provided. Action taken with mRNA-1273 in response to the event was not applicable. The patient died on 21 Jan 2021. The cause of death was reported as unknown. An autopsy was done. The reporter stated that the autopsy showed no other red flags, otherwise, no additional autopsy results were reported.; Reporter's Comments: Very limited information regarding this event has been provided at this time.; Reported Cause(s) of Death: Unknown cause of death

Or this one:

quote:

PATIENT DEVELOP CARDIOGENIC SHOCK AFTER RECEIVED FIRST DOSE OF MODERNA VACCINE ON THURSDAY 29 2021 PATIENT DIED

To a massive paragraphs that describe the patient medical history in detail and ends with: "Reported Cause(s) of Death: UNKNOWN CAUSE OF DEATH" Or one report of a 80 year old person that died 120 days after getting the vaccine, also tested positive for COVID days before they passed away.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Booster and flu shot scheduled for November 4.

My body is ready to be owned by tha libz.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

boop the snoot posted:

I'm not owned I scream as I shrink slowly into a spike protein

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

boop the snoot posted:

Don’t forget by the Jews too! :)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Press conference on the Rust shooting right now.

Betting that Baldwin is wishing he spent a bit more of his Boss Baby money on his production efforts now.

Any highlights?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I mean, not much more than was assumed. Live ammo was on set likely mixed in with blanks and dummies. No mention of charges, still investigating. Still interviews to be conducted because there was about 100 people around set that day, but all close to it have been interviewed.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
The CSPAM thread seems to think that Glem's attempted retort is biting, but lol. He just cannot let anyone poking fun at him pass by.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
He could’ve mocked MY for like 100+ dumbass MY hot takes, but he chose eating Doritos?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cugel the Clever posted:

The CSPAM thread seems to think that Glem's attempted retort is biting, but lol. He just cannot let anyone poking fun at him pass by.

Wait there are people here who take Glenn seriously?

:stare:

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Ngl I'm a huge fan of contrarian shitheads. huge fan

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Ok cool we have an answer for what is being cut from the budget to show the GOP the Dems want to bipartisan after the tragic actions of certain members to try and kill tourism to our nation's capital

https://twitter.com/eleanor_mueller/status/1453458747192451078?t=ZIfd6i2CV4_nlTm2r2xNdg&s=19

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

maffew buildings posted:

Ok cool we have an answer for what is being cut from the budget to show the GOP the Dems want to bipartisan after the tragic actions of certain members to try and kill tourism to our nation's capital

https://twitter.com/eleanor_mueller/status/1453458747192451078?t=ZIfd6i2CV4_nlTm2r2xNdg&s=19

Can’t wait for the republicans to sweep the house and senate next year. What a loving waste.

Vote! lmao

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
democrats: better things aren't possible

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'd love to say that I was shocked but give me at least a little credit

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

maffew buildings posted:

So no paid leave, no climate action, no community college...

What exactly is left that is costing $2 trillion?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Military

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I love a good Glem drag but what is this referring to?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
You generally have two ways of looking at this whole thing.

One is that nobody truly knows anything:

https://twitter.com/alexanderbolton/status/1453484060714709003

Two is just this comic:

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1453480618600374274

My personal standpoint is that there's a lot of good poo poo in the bill, but the bill currently doesn't exist because there are no words on pages. It's currently Schrodinger's bill. It exists as a vehicle for everything and nothing, depending on the time of day and who you ask.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Stultus Maximus posted:

So no paid leave, no climate action, no community college...

What exactly is left that is costing $2 trillion?

It was always about the SALT.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
that cartoon is incredible

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Reminder: Sen Stabenow - good Social Worker; Send Sinema - bad Social Worker

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
"Nothing would fundamentally change"

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

facialimpediment posted:

You generally have two ways of looking at this whole thing.

One is that nobody truly knows anything:

https://twitter.com/alexanderbolton/status/1453484060714709003

Two is just this comic:

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1453480618600374274

My personal standpoint is that there's a lot of good poo poo in the bill, but the bill currently doesn't exist because there are no words on pages. It's currently Schrodinger's bill. It exists as a vehicle for everything and nothing, depending on the time of day and who you ask.

Joe Manchin will “keep an open mind”.

Yes, I’ve also been repeatedly hit in the head with a hammer and think that’s good.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
It's almost as if Manchin/Sinema will come up with new reasons and/or things to be opposed to every time you capitulate to them.

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stultus Maximus posted:

I love a good Glem drag but what is this referring to?

Glenn’s husband is a major critic of the Brazilian President and not surprisingly is not liked by El Jeffe.