Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
He’s trying to up his k/d ratio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Halloween is coming up, maybe Alec was trying to create some ghosts

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Jacobin weighing in on the shooting. The death penalty, for union busting being considered for @AlecBaldwln. I am pro-life and take no pleasure in reporting this.

https://twitter.com/micahuetricht/status/1453044741252296704

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
If the DA in wherever this is prosecuted doesn't go for murder 1 on Alec, the off brand suicide girl and the world's worst AD, I am going to be pissed.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Alec Baldwin is a hero for raising awareness of movie set safety issues

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

kntfkr posted:

If the DA in wherever this is prosecuted doesn't go for murder 1 on Alec, the off brand suicide girl and the world's worst AD, I am going to be pissed.

There is no world where this is murder 1 unless there is a real bombshell that hasn't come out yet

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

The Bloop posted:

There is no world where this is murder 1 unless there is a real bombshell that hasn't come out yet

The press hasn't mentioned it yet, but Jessica Fletcher was visiting the set (to see her friend's grand-niece). She's already halfway through cracking the case and proving that all of this was a murder planned specifically by *gasp* Billy Baldwin, who was hoping to take control of his brother Alec's fortune.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

The Bloop posted:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lol

The deep state, in coordination with the reverse vampires....

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Everyone blaming this on the sweet feral gun child with the clown hair / sex tshirt or the hard-working AD, whose spotless work history spanning decades speaks for itself, is ignoring the fact that Alec Baldwin was observed inserting bullets from his own bandolier into the cold, empty weapon, carefully taking aim at his coworkers, and then grumbling in his best Hollywood anti-hero voice through a wry half-smile, "How about I just fuckin' shoot the both of ya?" as he pulled the trigger and shot the both of them.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Per the news conference that the sherrif's department gave, there was a lead projectile recovered. So when they use the term "live round" they don't mean "technically a blank is live because it can fire and still be dangerous", they mean "an actual no-poo poo real bullet was in this gun".

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1453395809605718018?s=20

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

People seem to be blaming the actor Alec Baldwin (who is NOT in charge of this film production) when they should be going after the producer, Alec Baldwin

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Ok this guy seems pretty hosed up

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

Everyone blaming this on the sweet feral gun child with the clown hair / sex tshirt or the hard-working AD, whose spotless work history spanning decades speaks for itself, is ignoring the fact that Alec Baldwin was observed inserting bullets from his own bandolier into the cold, empty weapon, carefully taking aim at his coworkers, and then grumbling in his best Hollywood anti-hero voice through a wry half-smile, "How about I just fuckin' shoot the both of ya?" as he pulled the trigger and shot the both of them.

Bronze Fonz posted:

been saying this..........

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

mods can we pls hand out some probes for people who kramer in here without even bothering to read the thread title

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Movies are about to get so much worse, directors won't dare ask for more than one take of anything now.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Bronze Fonz posted:

Movies are about to get so much worse, directors won't dare ask for more than one take of anything now.

Just make every film a single longshot.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Murder 1 is the really bad one, where it was on purpose and with pre-meditation. Manslaughter is murder 3 at most

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This Murder one is quite awesome

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

just lol if you’re thirty with three or fewer accidental deaths under your belt

Thanks rear end in a top hat, I was just working through my depression and now I feel like a failure again

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 27, 2021

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Just make every film a single longshot.

Baldwin prefers them up close

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Bronze Fonz posted:

Yea for real, stealing a joke from GBS and passing it off as your own? Shameful Alec!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

mobby_6kl posted:

Thanks rear end in a top hat, I was just working through my depression and now I feel like a failure again

just consider all of the developing world wage slaves who have suffered and died to support your hedonistic western lifestyle. that helps me work through my own shame over having never taken a human life. don't get hung up on points, be proud of your assists :mrgw:

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

LanceHunter posted:

Per the news conference that the sherrif's department gave, there was a lead projectile recovered. So when they use the term "live round" they don't mean "technically a blank is live because it can fire and still be dangerous", they mean "an actual no-poo poo real bullet was in this gun".

the Washington Post posted:

Mendoza said at the conference that his office collected roughly 600 items of evidence from the set, including what he believes to be the revolver Baldwin discharged and the spent shell casting from what was fired. They also gathered around 500 rounds of ammunition, which Mendoza described as a “mix of blanks, dummy rounds and what we are suspecting are live rounds.

the Washington Post posted:

The sheriff’s office seized 29 items from the set, including three black revolvers, two boxes of ammo, one spent casing and ammo from on top of a cart, according to a search warrant. They also found eight additional spent casings, as well as ammo in a fanny pack and loose on trays.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

police arrived on scene to find bullets literally everywhere... old timey barrels fanny packs filled to the brim with bullets, a pair of cowboy boots taken off outside the saloon overflowing with bullets, bricks of ammunition stacked up to create a massive ornamental bullet like walmart stacks soda cases

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Ladies and gentlemen please welcome to the stage... AMMO IN A FANNY PACK!!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Two of the producers were literally frauds who previously stole $40,000 from a production to pay for their credit card bills

https://trib.al/8OcAq9I

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

The Bloop posted:

There is and it's called Bobby's World. My idea, if I was prosecuting this, is to fabricate a group chat between Alec, tiktok armorer and AD superstar where they go back and forth like, "we're gonna make it look like an accident", "good plan did u bring the irl bullets?" and "that bitch simenotographer is going down".

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

The Bloop posted:

I think they removed some lead from the victim, haven't heard yet about any bombshells.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hmm, maybe the producers just weren't clear enough on what they needed when they made the job posting for an armorer? Seems like if you're job title is armorer you should in fact be bringing fanny packs full of bullets?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

hannah kept telling everyone to wear their armour, knowing alec was a born killer, but no one listened. hopefully people take her role seriously from here on out

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
NOW HIRING: Armorer (Netflix)

STARTS: Immediately
|
REMOTE: No

REQUIREMENTS:
* High school diploma or GED
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Good grasp of Microsoft Office suite

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Nicolas Cage Reportedly Once Lost His Sh*t On Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, The ‘Rust’ Armorer When Halyna Hutchins Was Killed

quote:

Stu Brumbaugh, who served as key grip on the Cage Western The Old Way this summer, told The Wrap that Gutierrez-Reed upset both Cage and other crew members on the Montana production by failing to follow basic gun safety protocols like announcing the arrival and usage of weapons onto the set.

After firing a gun near the cast and crew for a second time in three days without warning, Brumbaugh said that Cage yelled at her, “Make an announcement, you just blew my f—ing eardrums out!” before walking off set in a rage. “I told the AD, ‘She needs to be let go,’” Brumbaugh, adding, ‘After the second round I was pissed off. We were moving too fast. She’s a rookie.’”

I recall reading previously that she had been saying how she was trained by her father from a young age with all this stuff

quote:

Just one month ago, The Wrap reported that Gutierrez-Reed was a guest on the “Voices of the West” podcast, where she discussed her job and described her role on The Old Way as a “really badass way” to kick off her career. While she admitted that she learned part of her craft from her father, she mostly claimed to being self-taught in tasks like loading blanks into a weapon.

“The best part about my job,” Gutierrez-Reed said, “is just showing people who are normally kind of freaked out by guns how safe they can be and how they’re not really problematic unless put in the wrong hands.”

There's like a 99% chance her dad didn't really train her, and she just used some basic gun experience to lie her way into some cool Hollywood jobs off the back of her name after she got bored when she finished college.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Icochet posted:

I know, I know, it’s serious

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Icochet posted:

you know, for the plinkin'

how else you can keep plinkin' without stopping all the time

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Well now it's obvious, it was Fanny who did it.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

REMINDER: fanny means pussy

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

pentyne posted:

Nicolas Cage Reportedly Once Lost His Sh*t On Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, The ‘Rust’ Armorer When Halyna Hutchins Was Killed

I recall reading previously that she had been saying how she was trained by her father from a young age with all this stuff

There's like a 99% chance her dad didn't really train her, and she just used some basic gun experience to lie her way into some cool Hollywood jobs off the back of her name after she got bored when she finished college.
Holy poo poo if Nicholas fucken Cage stops chewing the scenery to be the adult in the room, something has gone seriously wrong.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Bronze Fonz posted:

Well now it's obvious, it was Fanny who did it.

Aint that peculiar? 🤔

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imZUqkPlUaQ

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Uh I think she was shot in the chest

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

kntfkr posted:

NOW HIRING: Armorer (Netflix)

STARTS: Immediately
|
REMOTE: No

REQUIREMENTS:
* High school diploma or GED able to perceive colors and shapes
* Strong written and verbal communication skills gurgle audibly
* Good grasp of Microsoft Office suite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

... in the UK. Do they still call them fanny packs there?