Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wally is back, and he hasn't changed a drat bit!

Rejoice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
The gang's all here

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Chapter 1359

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

The gang's all here

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
This is a bad manga until there's a cat. Also when Ippo's dog comes back

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Also maybe tone down the racism towards Indonesians. They're not apemen, they live in cities!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Wally is just a Punch-Out!! character. :v:

Edit: \/\/\/ - Salmon Arm!!! :canada:

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Oct 26, 2021

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
You're just a Punch-Out!! character

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Also if it's 2000 or so why is that an overhead view of modern NYC, including One World Trade Centre

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gonna be honest this is the most excited ive been for new chapters in a long time because I just want to see what bullshit he's going to do with this character

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
This was an ok chapter, and I really liked the spread of Miguel and Wally on the boat.

I guess it does make sense to have Wally spar with Vorg again to show how much better is, but it still seemed a little uninspired/lazy to me.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Wally will probably be less bullshit, cause after his Ippo fight he wanted to be more of a proper boxer.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MonsterEnvy posted:

Wally will probably be less bullshit, cause after his Ippo fight he wanted to be more of a proper boxer.

Watch him throw coconuts during the fight.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I know it isn't his build but I was ready to see wally put some weight on.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
The subs on crunchyroll seem pretty bad. Are the ones on the new physical release better?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I can't confirm, but I believe the subs on CR for the original series are the same as the physical release, since they were licensed from Disco and seem to be a (not significant enough) edit of the old bad Geneon subs.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
That's a shame. The CR subs aren't literally incomprehensible or anything but they're often so unnatural-sounding as to be a bit painful to read.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Chapter 1360

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Morikawa needs to take an extra week to draw all the panels of ricardo laughing his rear end off at ippo getting bodied

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Ricardo is very close to realizing Ippo is the protagonist.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
No cat, manga still bad

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I might dislike Wally, but I enjoy how everyone else reacts to his bullshit.

Or maybe I just really like Vorg, Dankichi and Miguel.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Yeah, as much as I like shitposting seeing everyone react to his shenanigans - and how he'll play off Ricardo, pretty much the ultimate straight man - means I'm legitimately invested

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Huzzah! posted:

Ricardo is very close to realizing Ippo is the protagonist.

:hmmyes:

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
Everytime Ricardo is on screen anymore he is talking about Ippo. I hope he murders Wally and retires Sendo and then goes "Come and get me, Makunouchi". Maybe he'll even kidnap Kamogawa to give Ippo some motivation.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

SchrodingersCat posted:

Maybe he'll even kidnap Kamogawa to give Ippo some motivation.

Can't believe the manga ended with Takamura killing Ricardo.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

SchrodingersCat posted:

Everytime Ricardo is on screen anymore he is talking about Ippo. I hope he murders Wally and retires Sendo and then goes "Come and get me, Makunouchi". Maybe he'll even kidnap Kamogawa to give Ippo some motivation.
Whenever Ippo isn't on screen all the other characters should be asking "where's Ippo?"

(Note: Ippo got CTE on the way back to his home planet)

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Adnor posted:

Can't believe the manga ended with Takamura killing Ricardo.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Flesnolk posted:

The bell rings and Wally just pulls out a gun and shoots Ricardo

Wally brings the traditional Indonesian weapon of the Karambit into the match and disembowels Ricardo. This is deemed to be within the rules, as the Karambit were carved from Wally's ribs (and are thus part of his body).

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

Wally brings the traditional Indonesian weapon of the Karambit into the match and disembowels Ricardo. This is deemed to be within the rules, as the Karambit were carved from Wally's ribs (and are thus part of his body).

He can suck his own dick now too which is very impressive.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

DamnGlitch posted:

He can suck his own dick now too which is very impressive.

Eh, Ippo can too. Dont even need the removed rib.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ippo defeats Ricardo by inadvertantly immasculating him when he accidentally catches a glimpse of Ippo's monster dong in the showers or something and is overcome with penis envy causing him to lose the match.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Kinda weird that "this fifteen year old has a gigantic dick" was a cornerstone of the manga for about 20 years

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Wally has learned to defend against one inch punches to his lower waist area by tightening his dick muscles and surrounding areas, making him immune to his achilles heel which Ippo discovered. He learned this during monkey territorial disputes he encountered when swinging through coconut banana jungles.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Ippo defeats Ricardo by inadvertantly immasculating him when he accidentally catches a glimpse of Ippo's monster dong in the showers or something and is overcome with penis envy causing him to lose the match.

It's established that sendo also has a huge dick so I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't just the case for every featherweight contender

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

hajime no ippo: several elephant noises of varying pitch and volume

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Flesnolk posted:

Kinda weird that "this fifteen year old has a gigantic dick" was a cornerstone of the manga for about 20 years

i agree with the sentiment but would like to point out that ippo has been 18+ for the vast majority of the story's run. i tried to do the analysis to peg down ages at various times years ago, but this one's a little easier, we know that he graduated right around the rookie king time

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
ippo, noticing that woli's unorthodox, animal-inspired style was able to confound ricardo in their match, plans a comeback after developing a new weapon with the help of aoki: an uppercut that utilizes his massive donkey dick as a spring, adding incredible power and speed to the blow

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Dias posted:

ippo, noticing that woli's unorthodox, animal-inspired style was able to confound ricardo in their match, plans a comeback after developing a new weapon with the help of aoki: an uppercut that utilizes his massive donkey dick as a spring, adding incredible power and speed to the blow
TBH this isn't much more far fetched than Takamura winning a fight by spinning around like Taz the Tazmanian Devil on his big toe due to his ginormous 'Big Toe Muscles'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Anyone in here fans of actual boxing? Card tonight was pretty fun, I feel like an Ippo that was actually worth anything as a boxer would fight a lot like Canelo.