Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

His biggest knock was a lack of effort so I guess it's a good sign he was in good enough shape to be signed?

When he was with the Bengals he had almost passable technique, No motor, and did everything like he was walking through a knee-high field of mud.

He looks the part though.

sold, penciling him in for starting RT for the Vikings game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Theyre so BAD

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What exactly is an Indemnification

Basically it's an agreement to cover losses. Sounds like Kroenke agreed to this when moving the team to LA. He's been covering legal costs around the lawsuit, including for other owners:

quote:

Over the years, teams have been required to provide eight years of phone records and emails for discovery. This past summer, St. Louis Circuit Judge Christopher McGraugh ordered Kroenke and five other owners to provide financial records to help a jury determine potential damages. Earlier in October, McGraugh fined Clark Hunt of the Kansas City Chiefs, John Mara of the New York Giants, Robert Kraft of the New England Patriots and the Cowboys' Jones for failing to provide full records. Kroenke has been footing almost all the bills.

But now he feels like he doesn't have to do this any more. The owners are obviously pissed

quote:

Mara spoke next and said that Kroenke's change in position was ridiculous and that if Kroenke had not agreed to indemnify the league, the owners wouldn't have voted for him to move. He said anyone who was in the room in Houston when the vote was taken would know that.

I'm guessing there's going to be lawsuits over this.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Theyre so BAD

Better than the Lions apparently.

I think the only Chiefs DT who qualified for this chart is Jarran Reed unless I'm missing a name somewhere. Just in the meaty part of bad for him, whoever else has been lining up there might break the chart is all I can imagine.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

Raiders owner Mark Davis reminded the room that, in 2016, the L.A. committee recommended a rival Raiders-Chargers stadium project in Carson, California, by a 5-1 vote over Kroenke's project in Inglewood.

Mara spoke next and said that Kroenke's change in position was ridiculous and that if Kroenke had not agreed to indemnify the league, the owners wouldn't have voted for him to move. He said anyone who was in the room in Houston when the vote was taken would know that.

Davis, who accepted Jon Gruden's resignation after emails from 2011 showed that the coach had used racist, anti-gay and misogynistic language, asked Goodell why he had learned of the emails only right before they were made public.

Although Davis didn't accuse Goodell of leaking the emails, Goodell told the room that the league wasn't behind the leak. And Tanya Snyder, wife of WFT owner Dan Snyder, apologized to the room that the league has suffered as a result of the investigation.

lol

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/1453455220185317376

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Can we all just remember how loving dumb a raiders-chargers joint stadium idea was

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Who says you can’t go home again?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1453478008531079170

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Did the Texans sign all those low-mid tier veteran players last offseason just do they could get a few sixth round picks by the trade deadline

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Chucktesla posted:

Did the Texans sign all those low-mid tier veteran players last offseason just do they could get a few sixth round picks by the trade deadline

that's just step 2 in their ten-step master plan

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

someone's not happy about the Ingram trade

https://twitter.com/brandincooks/status/1453481308995440643?s=20

Cooks is such a competitor, I love the guy

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1453483966695018501?s=19

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

HappyHippo posted:

Basically it's an agreement to cover losses. Sounds like Kroenke agreed to this when moving the team to LA. He's been covering legal costs around the lawsuit, including for other owners:

But now he feels like he doesn't have to do this any more. The owners are obviously pissed

I'm guessing there's going to be lawsuits over this.

I hope they all kill each other

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

Imagine your brother being the most talented QB of all time and you just doing lovely TikTok dances

TIL that Cooper has a TikTok account.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

guess that game is going to be interesting after all, if rodgers has infinite time in the pocket to throw to random wisconsonite # 21.

:unsmith:

Can he be QB too?

Its Rinaldo posted:

I hope they all kill each other

kill you are owners

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I just hope the Bengals make a deep playoff run before their lease expires because they are so gone.

Nov 6, 2002

bengals... deep playoff... run...

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Eifert Posting posted:

I just hope the Bengals make a deep playoff run before their lease expires because they are so gone.

I want an all Ohio AFC championship game

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

The wording at the top got me to look for two people named Watt on this graph, and I must have gone over it five times. Now I'm mad to have wasted all that time!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

JJ Watt, defensive tackle?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
He's a 3-4 de normally right? Person who ran the chart may have just tossed those into the dt category.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Derek Brown isn't even on there and he's been playing pretty well.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

really queer Christmas posted:

guess that game is going to be interesting after all, if rodgers has infinite time in the pocket to throw to random wisconsonite # 21.

Has Watt been a factor for the Cardinals this season?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Watching football content, I just have to say, If someone made a VPN/addblocker that just blocked crypto mentions I would pay real money for it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

someone did make that but you can only buy it with crypto

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

someone did make that but it's the nfl and you have to pay them for it

Nov 6, 2002

Cavauro posted:

lol

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Cavauro posted:

lmao

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1453550304650276865?t=J2XSUFSVDGi5Qu628Go5rg&s=19

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Well, I was a little surprised he lasted 7 weeks.

Sucks. A lot. He was big stopping the run.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I have learned that my fullback is the best fullback

https://twitter.com/johnnystantoniv/status/1347263941014122502?s=20

and plays tabletop games

https://twitter.com/Level1_Geek/status/1453485125518434307?s=20

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ45mGMZF70

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

He murdered the almighty Baker

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

DariusLikewise posted:

Imagine your brother being the most talented QB of all time and you just doing lovely TikTok dances

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUiTqFhD8sx/

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I feel bad for JJ. obviously his peak was absolutely insane and he has 3 DPoYs but even with all that it still feels a bit "what it could have been"

also I still think he should've been the 2014 NFL MVP

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If my brother was a generational talent quarterback I would simply ask him for 10 million dollars in exchange for never posting on social media again.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yeah

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yeah he was actually playing great for them. All over now though apparently.

I looked up his contract expecting that it was one year but it's actually 35.2 million over five years. That's just cap nonsense though, in reality it is two years / 28 million so presumably he will be back next year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1453722318178447374?t=rXdF-Tk_Y2_UVRWILCvOlQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

JJ Watt has scored a TD on 100% of his interceptions. How many DBs can say the same?