Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Top player on the waiver wire in one of my leagues is Kenneth Gainwell. A lot of fantasy talking heads are advising to pick him up.

I'm pretty stacked at RB, especially with that nasty bye week in in the rear-view mirror. But I have $80 of a $100 FAAB left and I'd kind of like to deprive some other managers of Mr. Gainwell's services. How much would you part with in your bid for him? I have a player to drop in Devonta Freeman, who I picked up in desperation late last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Lazard on the rona list too

Getting a bit worried about Aaron Jones…

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Send: Mitchell + Bateman
Receive: Keenan Allen + McKissic (I have Gibson)

Mash right?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

freeman posted:

Mash right?

Lol yeah

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

freeman posted:

Mash right?
Yep.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

dkj posted:

Lol yeah

Done. Surprised I got that offer and thought I was missing something.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Since CMC's injury I'm on a 1-3 slide, and the sole win is because my opponent put up 50 points that week. Think I gotta ship him. My other RB's are Darrell Henderson, recently-traded-for CEH (formerly Mike Davis), and Trey Sermon (lol).

There is an owner I trade with a lot who has a pretty stacked RB corps with Jonathan Taylor, Najee Harris, Elijah Mitchell, and Damien Harris. I think he's a good trade match since his depth lets him wait out CMC's injury.

What is the minimum you guys would take for CMC (in redraft)? I'm kinda thinking I would be happy with Najee, would obviously prefer Taylor.

mega dy fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 26, 2021

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
At this point? I'd be happy to get either of those dudes for CMC.

On the other hand I don't own him, but honestly i wouldn't give up either of those dudes for CMC. It's shaping up to be a lost season for him and we still don't have a clue how long this stint on IR is gonna be.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Oct 27, 2021

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

VietCampo posted:

At this point? I'd be happy to get either of those dudes for CMC.

On the other hand I don't own him, but honestly i wouldn't give up either of those dudes for CMC. It's shaping up to be a lost season for him and we still don't have a clue how long this stint on IR is gonna be.

Yeah I don’t know if you could get a 1-1 trade of CMC for Harris or Taylor but I would prefer either of those guys. Carolina’s oline is bad and it’s worrying CMC can’t stay healthy.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

There’s no way I’d give up my Najee Harris for CMC at this point. Asking for Taylor is laughable and insulting.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I'm leading my half-PPR redraft league, and I've got a friend who's in close to last place who's trying to get me to trade with him. Here's who I've got starting:

QB: Dak Prescott
RBs: Najee Harris, Darrell Henderson Jr.
WRs: Cooper Kupp, Ja'Marr Chase
TE: Dalton Schultz
Flex: Aaron Jones, Stefon Diggs
Bench: Ryan Tannehill, Chuba Hubbard, Tony Pollard, Antonio Brown, Kadarius Toney, Byron Pringle (it's a return yardage league), Tyler Higbee, and George Kittle

I think this is the most stacked team I've ever had in 11 years of fantasy play.

QBs: Matthew Stafford, Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson
RBs: Saquon Barkley, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Melvin Gordon III, Darrel Williams
WRs: DeAndre Hopkins, Tyler Lockett, Kenny Golladay, Tyler Boyd, Jarvis Landry, A.J. Green, Tim Patrick
TEs: Darren Waller, Mo Alie-Cox

He's interested in either Najee Harris or Aaron Jones, and he said that his entire roster is on the trading bloc. He seems willing to take a somewhat uneven trade in order to get someone who can start now before he's out of the playoff picture.

Do you see an opportunity here? Maybe, idk, Barkley and Waller for Jones and Higbee or Schultz? Or maybe something for a QB to upgrade on Tannehill?

surf rock fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 27, 2021

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

surf rock posted:

I'm leading my half-PPR redraft league, and I've got a friend who's in close to last place who's trying to get me to trade with him. Here's who I've got starting:

QB: Dak Prescott
RBs: Najee Harris, Darrell Henderson Jr.
WRs: Cooper Kupp, Ja'Marr Chase
TE: Dalton Schultz
Flex: Aaron Jones, Stefon Diggs
Bench: Ryan Tannehill, Chuba Hubbard, Tony Pollard, Antonio Brown, Kadarius Toney, Byron Pringle (it's a return yardage league), Tyler Higbee, and George Kittle

I think this is the most stacked team I've ever had in 11 years of fantasy play.

QBs: Matthew Stafford, Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson
RBs: Saquon Barkley, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Melvin Gordon III, Darrel Williams
WRs: DeAndre Hopkins, Tyler Lockett, Kenny Golladay, Tyler Boyd, Jarvis Landry, A.J. Green, Tim Patrick
TEs: Darren Waller, Mo Alie-Cox

He's interested in either Najee Harris or Aaron Jones, and he said that his entire roster is on the trading bloc. He seems willing to take a somewhat uneven trade in order to get someone who can start now before he's out of the playoff picture.

Do you see an opportunity here? Maybe, idk, Barkley and Waller for Jones and Higbee or Schultz? Or maybe something for a QB to upgrade on Tannehill?

I honestly don't see much that would upgrade your team right now, and no don't trade to upgrade your bench QB lol

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

CocoaNuts posted:

Top player on the waiver wire in one of my leagues is Kenneth Gainwell. A lot of fantasy talking heads are advising to pick him up.

I'm pretty stacked at RB, especially with that nasty bye week in in the rear-view mirror. But I have $80 of a $100 FAAB left and I'd kind of like to deprive some other managers of Mr. Gainwell's services. How much would you part with in your bid for him? I have a player to drop in Devonta Freeman, who I picked up in desperation late last week.

I made this a few years ago, still seems pretty popular.

https://footballabsurdity.com/faab-calculator/

It's not really calibrated for "prevent other teams from getting them," but, then again, it's not really calibrated for anything: It's just to help people quantify a player on the FAB WW.

Edit: Acutally, I guess the final question really helps a lot in the "prevent other teams from getting him" category. It's been years since I programmed this thing so I kinda forget all the factors I took into play. I used to be smart.

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Claypool is on waivers in my 12 team, and ive never done a faab league before. I feel like i have to put in a solid bid on him right? Like at least 20%? Its a superflex league with 3 wr spots and i havent used any of the budget yet so im thinking maybe even more?

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

RCarr posted:

There’s no way I’d give up my Najee Harris for CMC at this point. Asking for Taylor is laughable and insulting.

I wouldn't give up a whole lot to get him either but I don't think asking for either of those players is insulting.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Should I try and ride this week out without a kicker? My record is 3-3-1 and Justin Tucker is on BYE.

My bench looks like this:

Darren Waller
AJ Dillon
Derek Carr
T.Y. Hilton
IR: Jerry Jeudy

I know the thread is very against bench QBs but I feel like Carr blows up moving forward. I have Cousins starting.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Should I try and ride this week out without a kicker? My record is 3-3-1 and Justin Tucker is on BYE.

My bench looks like this:

Darren Waller
AJ Dillon
Derek Carr
T.Y. Hilton
IR: Jerry Jeudy

I know the thread is very against bench QBs but I feel like Carr blows up moving forward. I have Cousins starting.

Hilton is not a useful fantasy player in 2021.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Yeah you can drop Hilton

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
You can also drop Tucker!

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Popero posted:

You can also drop Tucker!

And miss out on an average of 9 pts. per week? Hah! I think not, sir.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
The difference between K2 (Tucker) and K14 in my league's scoring is under 1.8 points per week.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Drunk Nerds posted:

I made this a few years ago, still seems pretty popular.

https://footballabsurdity.com/faab-calculator/

It's not really calibrated for "prevent other teams from getting them," but, then again, it's not really calibrated for anything: It's just to help people quantify a player on the FAB WW.

Edit: Acutally, I guess the final question really helps a lot in the "prevent other teams from getting him" category. It's been years since I programmed this thing so I kinda forget all the factors I took into play. I used to be smart.

Thanks! This is handy. My bid was successful this morning. I nabbed Gainwell for $13 of my remaining $80. He will sit on my bench, one of five players I won't start with a projected double-digit week ahead. I'm guessing that other managers are envious of my depth in that league, but there are trade possibilities, and injuries can change the equation in a hurry.

CocoaNuts fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 27, 2021

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
If that's the argument, there's also Greg Joseph (21% owned) and Randy Bullock (17% owned) who are both averaging more points than Tucker and most likely available.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 27, 2021

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Well I was being silly, they're right. I had dropped Hilton for Koo but I just dropped Tucker for Hilton because, stubborn - you don't know! You don't know!

Joseph is owned but not Bullock but I think Koo will have a better week even if his average is below Bullock.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
If Jerry Jeudy comes off my IR slot this week, and it looks like he will, what do I do with my shares in Tim Patrick? Is he just a flat-out drop at this point?

Or do I make room for both Broncos receivers (probably by dropping Kenny Golladay or Davonta Freeman) and just give it a week or two to see what happens?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
With Saquon spotted back at practice, would you drop Booker for Gallup? I don’t own saquon either, but I’m not sure if they’ll rush him back.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Would you rather have Shenault or Allen Robinson in 1 PPR? I have Robinson on my bench for now and the only reason I haven't dropped him is out of the hopethat he might get trades by next week, or that a matchup with the Niners sorry secondary might finally get him going.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

VietCampo posted:

With Saquon spotted back at practice, would you drop Booker for Gallup? I don’t own saquon either, but I’m not sure if they’ll rush him back.

A few days ago Saquon was being called a longshot to play this week so I think I'd hold onto Booker. Don't think Gallup is a priority add right now anyways. Might end up being the 4th option behind Schultz now.

freeman fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 27, 2021

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Not feeling great about both Waller and Jacobs being on bye, but on the plus side they are both injured anyways so it's the best time for it!

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Two weeks without Waller... I got Uzomah for the week. I hope nothing bad happens this time like when I streamed Titans D/ST, the week they played the Jets.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Two weeks without Waller... I got Uzomah for the week. I hope nothing bad happens this time like when I streamed Titans D/ST, the week they played the Jets.

You are lucky as hell to have even gotten Uzomah imho... he's been killing it recently. Dude has a stat line more like a frequently-used deep threat speedster than a tight end

I picked up Goedert to replace Waller and he got me a respectable twelve or so points last week so I am happy enough

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Yeah I didn't even pick him up with my first waiver pick, surprisingly - needed to get Cousins back after emergency dropping him Sunday, 20 pts average baby (I dropped Kmet for Uzomah after emergency picking Kmet on Sunday also (Uzomah had already played))(If Carr, who I dropped Cousins for, wasn't on BYE this week I would not have ordered it this way). You'd think someone would be hurting at TE in a 12-man but guess not. More for me.

My only whiff on waivers this week was someone grabbed Bengals DST out from under me. Ended up with Cowboys DST. :shrug:

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Vargo posted:

If Jerry Jeudy comes off my IR slot this week, and it looks like he will, what do I do with my shares in Tim Patrick? Is he just a flat-out drop at this point?

Or do I make room for both Broncos receivers (probably by dropping Kenny Golladay or Davonta Freeman) and just give it a week or two to see what happens?

I'm doing exactly that. When Jeudy is back on the gridiron, Patrick becomes expendable. But Freeman likely doesn't have much value either.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

coronaball posted:

Would you rather have Shenault or Allen Robinson in 1 PPR? I have Robinson on my bench for now and the only reason I haven't dropped him is out of the hopethat he might get trades by next week, or that a matchup with the Niners sorry secondary might finally get him going.

I'd rather have neither, if I'm being honest. But hang on to Robinson in case of a trade, as you mentioned. It is definitely a possibility. He could thrive elsewhere.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CocoaNuts posted:

I'd rather have neither, if I'm being honest. But hang on to Robinson in case of a trade, as you mentioned. It is definitely a possibility. He could thrive elsewhere.
Bring him home Jacksonville!

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Ingram got traded back to NO. Is David Johnson worth picking up over Darrell Williams (KC)? 1 PPR

Williams was only temporary anyway.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
.5 PPR, trade offer:

I Give: Tyreek Hill, Dawson Knox
I Get: CMC, Tyler Higbee

The TEs are basically a wash (I'm starting Pitts anyway), so it's a question of if I want boom-or-bust Tyreek more than I want currently-dead CMC.

I'm considering saying no because my RB situation (Jonathan Taylor, James Conner, Eli Mitchell, Dave Montgomery on IR) is currently a little better than my WR situation (Tyreek, Tee-Higgs, Robert Woods, Hollywood Brown, Hunter Renfrow, Jeudy on IR) but I might be overlooking something.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Vargo posted:

.5 PPR, trade offer:

The TEs are basically a wash (I'm starting Pitts anyway), so it's a question of if I want boom-or-bust Tyreek more than I want currently-dead CMC.

I'm considering saying no because my RB situation (Jonathan Taylor, James Conner, Eli Mitchell, Dave Montgomery on IR) is currently a little better than my WR situation (Tyreek, Tee-Higgs, Robert Woods, Hollywood Brown, Hunter Renfrow, Jeudy on IR) but I might be overlooking something.
Redraft, right? I would not do this trade even if you have need at RB. I think it is more likely that Hill turns it around than CMC comes back healthy and taking a full load of carries/targets.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Vargo posted:

.5 PPR, trade offer:

I think you’ll regret losing Tyreek. CMC might stay healthy when he’s back and Carolina’s oline and offense might magically improve but you’re basically betting that KC and Tyreek aren’t going to return to form. Jeudy is back this week BTW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Today I traded Eli Mitchell and Amari Cooper for Nick Chubb. I also have Najee and Hunt. If the Cleveland backfield gets healthy and stays healthy I'll feel pretty good about my chances even with weak rear end receivers.