Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vampire Panties posted:

Man weed is cool

weed is backwater, analog, but still works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoopidmunkey
May 21, 2005

yep

ErrorInvalidUser posted:

Like vinyl records. Speaking of which I’m going to go put an album on and spark a bowl

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

ErrorInvalidUser posted:

concentrates are the soylent green of weed

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Time to start poking the hornet's nest again:

https://twitter.com/stuwyatt/status/1453495950320840707

For context, his dad, Steve 'Missing Millions' Moore is a mate of David Cameron, and was/is the person behind all the media manipulation and propaganda needed to implement prohibition v.2. He was also the ex CEO of the disgraced Big Society Charity that had all those millions mysteriously go missing.

His son now holds some important directorships, including 'Hanway Associates Ltd' and 'Hanway Holding Company Ltd', named after the address his dad set up the cannabis operations from. It also is/was the address of the magazine his dad set up, VolteFace.

e: oops, thought this was the D&D UKMT.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 28, 2021

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

poverty goat posted:

concentrates are the soylent green of weed

its... people! VAPE CARTS ARE PEOPLE!
*take a hit off ipod shuffle anyway*

I cant decide if vape carts are the greatest thing ever, or the worst.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Some newbie questions as I'm still like a month into this at most. And I've read some answers here I'm positive, but uh... :420:

Vape pen cartridges. I saw some talk about this just a little bit ago. Mine has started to have some sort of blockage. I've cleaned and poked around the business end and can't see an obstruction. It goes away with a major blow or suck action (lol) and feels like there's a physical blockage. It's back by the next time I use it. What gives? It's a Bloom cartridge, but I know providers vary wildly and that may not mean anything to anyone out of the region.

Vaporizer for ground weed. What's like, the top three or so temperatures for specific effects? I've seen the chart posted all over but Jesus christ is it verbose. I just want like.... ideal levels most used and why.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That's usually how carts work with me too, keeping them in the tiny plastic bag they come in helps mitigate it. So does hitting them harder so you go through em quicker and it doesn't have as much time to happen :catdrugs:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Droogie posted:

Some newbie questions as I'm still like a month into this at most. And I've read some answers here I'm positive, but uh... :420:

Vape pen cartridges. I saw some talk about this just a little bit ago. Mine has started to have some sort of blockage. I've cleaned and poked around the business end and can't see an obstruction. It goes away with a major blow or suck action (lol) and feels like there's a physical blockage. It's back by the next time I use it. What gives? It's a Bloom cartridge, but I know providers vary wildly and that may not mean anything to anyone out of the region.

The same thing happens to me towards the end of the cart. It seems like vaped oil is building up inside the cart and it eventually blocks it, although once the cart is warm than the oil flows and it unclogs itself. I dont know what to do about that, it always seems like a waste :question:

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Droogie posted:

Vaporizer for ground weed. What's like, the top three or so temperatures for specific effects? I've seen the chart posted all over but Jesus christ is it verbose. I just want like.... ideal levels most used and why.

If you know you have a strain with THCV you vape it at a temp over 415F(?) to activate it. Otherwise anywhere between 350F and 390F

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Droogie posted:

my carts always do that too and I've essentially stopped using them. for dry weed I just try to vape it as high as I can get it without it burning. the fury edge maxes out at 430 so that's what I use for it. my plug in vape has no thermometer so I just adjust it until it's producing dark brown weed

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
bout to puff on some KANDY KUSH. green ON green

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I feel like white widow and blueberry are the most distinct strains I've ever tried.

They're not my favourite necessarily but drat are they noticeable.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

...I have so many completely valueless magic cards I could use for that

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I feel like white widow and blueberry are the most distinct strains I've ever tried.

They're not my favourite necessarily but drat are they noticeable.

other noticeably distinct standouts: golden goat, durban poison, gg4

Inspector Hound posted:

How does any amount of anyone's weed survive unburned more than two weeks.

want to try some of this apple flavored weed im growing and tell me what you think it is when its ready?

i am harry fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 28, 2021

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The most terpy weed I've ever tasted was some organically grown Tangie. I had that 5 years ago, and I can still mentally taste it.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Carts clog because manufacturers buy cheap hardware. Some of the "pod" type cartridges are better about not clogging, but pretty much anything short of top shelf carts will eventually clog, especially when you're down to like the last 10-20%. If you can preheat your cart that seems to help loosen things up, but be careful because depending on the cartridge you might end up drawing hot oil into your mouth, which is SO MUCH FUN. Specifically have had that problem with VFire carts.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
IMO while there are significant genetic differences most any weed can smell really nice if it is dried and cured properly

my process is to keep the buds on the stems, just cut the stems off the plants and do a light trim and let dry for 5-7 days, until the stems have a nice crisp snap when bent. then cut the buds off and jar with a 62 boveda and humidity monitor (when not in use i keep the bovedas and monitors all in the same jar together, so the bovedas last longer and you can see which monitors aren't calibrated correclty). if humidity goes over 64 burp for a couple hours, if it's over 68 take everything out and let it dry in a shoebox overnight. cure for 1-3 months or just forget about it until i need the jar to cure the next batch. i really think drying on the stems and a long cure helps bring out the best in the weed

not sure why i wrote all that out, maybe someone will find it helpful

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
for the clogged carts, my yocan units have a feature where you press the button twice and it will do a preheat cycle for ~10 seconds. that seems to loosen it up and it will hit normally again

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Same thing happens (clogging) when I overfill the chamber in my yocan evolve, you just need to preheat it.

I haven't hosed with other pens or carts because I like having a button to press to heat my wax. I remember nicotine vapepens a few years ago using auto-start from draw on the mouthpiece, that's a lovely system for anything more viscous than water.

Mozi, I don't think curing helped a whole lot with that Orange Creamsicle I grew last winter that smelled like a rubber dick factory. I mean, by the time I finished smoking through it, it had a slightly more citrus taste, but still overwhelmingly tasted like silicone rubber. Some weed is just gonna taste weird thanks to phenotypes.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Oct 28, 2021

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

anyone want to smoke some brick weed out of this cardboard toilet paper tube with a tinfoil bowl

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Mulaney Power Move posted:

anyone want to smoke some brick weed out of this cardboard toilet paper tube with a tinfoil bowl

I never did this, or a pop can, I think I was too grown up when I started smoking weed so I could just go buy a pipe without my mom driving or whatever

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i was in my twenties and didn't have a pipe or anything and my friend forgot his and instead of just going to a gas station he was thrilled to do this

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I smoked out of an apple once, it was ok. Chucked it into the woods for the deer afterwards.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
i put the weed in my friend's rear end and smoke it out of his dick

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

butt dickus posted:

ManBong (BongMan?)

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

butt dickus posted:

Its Cocktober already?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
My ex who got me into smoking weed had me smoke out of a pop can and an apple just so I could say I'd done it, that was neat

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

I smoked out of a potato once when I forgot to bring papers and my buddy only had a broken downstem from a bong he dropped. He wanted me to try smoking out of the downstem first but I turned him down once he confirmed it was how he cut his lip lmao

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

I took some advice here and cranked my vaporizer up to 430 which I initially thought sounded insane but drat. That really cranked up the feelings to 11.

Also, I did not realize that my vape battery had a preheat cycle function, and it made a hell of a difference. Thanks. You're all loving great.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Droogie posted:

I took some advice here and cranked my vaporizer up to 430 which I initially thought sounded insane but drat. That really cranked up the feelings to 11.

Also, I did not realize that my vape battery had a preheat cycle function, and it made a hell of a difference. Thanks. You're all loving great.

try going up even more, I wish I could set the fury edge as hot as my log vape. it's probably closer to 440 or 450 but it has no thermometer. careful you don't combust it though because it's right on the edge

PokeJoe fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Oct 29, 2021

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

bagmonkey posted:

Carts clog because manufacturers buy cheap hardware. Some of the "pod" type cartridges are better about not clogging, but pretty much anything short of top shelf carts will eventually clog, especially when you're down to like the last 10-20%. If you can preheat your cart that seems to help loosen things up, but be careful because depending on the cartridge you might end up drawing hot oil into your mouth, which is SO MUCH FUN. Specifically have had that problem with VFire carts.

I’ve had two stiizy carts in a month either not fire, or leak. Thankfully the dispo exchanged them because the oil was clearly not heated

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

PokeJoe posted:

try going up even more, I wish I could set the fury edge as hot as my log vape. it's probably closer to 440 or 450 but it has no thermometer. careful you don't combust it though because it's right on the edge

I may do just that tonight. Also good to know. I have a vmax starry and it apparently tops out at 464. Can almost make the tiniest ovoid pizza in there.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

skooma512 posted:

I’ve had two stiizy carts in a month either not fire, or leak. Thankfully the dispo exchanged them because the oil was clearly not heated

I've been lucky with Stiiizy carts so far, but when you get towards the end it's kinda hell.

I'm waiting for the day that a company figures out how to reuse carts and can offer you a deposit kind of like with propane tanks. That way carts aren't insanely loving wasteful AND maybe it'd be cheaper (probably not, it is Weed Capitalism afterall)

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I’m sure Top Men are working on a way to gather, transport, sanitize, and QA check carts that probably cost 50 cents to make.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

I'm waiting for the day that a company figures out how to reuse carts and can offer you a deposit kind of like with propane tanks.

you can buy oil in bulk and reuse carts yourself by filling them back up using a toner syringe. its a bit slow and messy but it works fine

for obvious reasons, most cart companies are not going to be motivated to help with that sort of project

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Earwicker posted:

you can buy oil in bulk and reuse carts yourself by filling them back up using a toner syringe. its a bit slow and messy but it works fine

for obvious reasons, most cart companies are not going to be motivated to help with that sort of project

Yeah, and here in MI it's near impossible to get good bulk distillate that isn't using reintroduced terps and poo poo

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

Droogie posted:

Try stick a paper clip in and rotating it gently while pulling up. You’ll get a nice little glob of stuck oil that was probably stuck in there.

Also best to clean it with alcohol before filling it up again

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020
I am having a Good Day. I got an extra bonus out of nowhere yesterday. i spent the morning shopping at a couple farmer's markets with a small group and now i'm enjoying glenmorangie scotch, some mids that i got for free, and some old-fashioned horehound drops. about to watch some horror movies and smoke some more free mids

corn haver fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 30, 2021

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
It's Sunday morning and I've been out having fun with my friends all weekend and I'm high as poo poo

Also, someone complimented the cloak I had on for my costume yesterday but I thought she was talking about cake because I was high as gently caress and man that was a funny misunderstanding. Still gotta get me some cake today tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I made a couple fire crackers today with some ABV. Kinda forgot about them so they are jussssst overdone. Maybe it will have a maximizing effect.

Man all this cart talk has me wishing I had my Ohio card. I haven't gotten serious enough about talking to a doctor, haven't seen one in over a decade and I'm 32. I gave a coworker 40 bucks for one cart, because he literally said he was going to the dispensary. That was 5 weeks ago. I didn't get up his butt about it and I made sure before hand he had an out if he didn't feel like using his allotment up on me. He's since told me he "had less money than I thought I did lol", or he's "making progress lol", so ultimately I've just stopped asking him about it. He even told me about another deal they have on a .8g pod style, that he'd cover the extra 10 bucks due to the wait. There's a possibility he has completely forgot, he has to run out to his car each break to get high again.

I realize I set myself up for this, and it's definitely not even a big deal. I'm not gonna raise a beef over $40, but it's highly disappointing, especially since I went to this dude's house after work, basically not knowing him hardly at all, but when a friend asks for help... you stand in the sun in 100F humid heat to help bolt the walls back on his pontoon boat, for nothing in return.

Has anyone from CA or elsewhere had these edibles that rip off major names like sour patch kids, Doritos, chips ahoy? I bought a bunch from a local guy, since they were packaged very well, but I noticed some major issues. For one thing you had to eat all the pieces in a pack to get high. It was like 1 out of the 7 gummies had actual weed in it. The weed smell was oddly floral, even on a Dorito chip. The number of pieces didnt match what they were supposed to have in the pack. AND there would be a checkbox, on the Dorito pack I think, for 500mg or 250mg but neither would be checked! All the legit medical stuff in Ohio has extremely detailed breakdowns of all the various THCs and CBDs etc.