Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

CommieGIR posted:

Keep waiting for Neo-Nazis to pop up pushing these towels as proof most towels are bad because they are Jewish science

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsche_Physik

I can't what for phrenologists to start teaching classes in Texas again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

OgNar posted:

https://www.businessinsider.com/mypillow-mike-lindell-havent-answered-dominion-defamation-lawsuit-2021-10

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell still hasn't given a basic response to Dominion's $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit

Sadly it doesnt give any cutoff time on when he needs to deliver something or its consequences.

e:bonus
Mike telling us in April that he was making an Amazon killer website
Hows that working out for you Mike?
https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1381628155958489092

I think he's using again. This is exactly the sort of thing someone on meth would do.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

He'll probably get just enough business from CHUDs that he'll think he's actually gonna do it; then Amazon will smash him into the ground so hard he'll teeter around making accordion noises

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 27, 2021

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I just saw this in the Switch thread over in Games and more people should see this, it's an absolutely wild read.

https://twitter.com/bronzeswords/status/1449345260207828995

https://twitter.com/i_need_eggs/status/1449387827951775745

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

I just saw this in the Switch thread over in Games and more people should see this, it's an absolutely wild read.

https://twitter.com/bronzeswords/status/1449345260207828995

https://twitter.com/i_need_eggs/status/1449387827951775745

Things I didn't expect to see today: A 5,000 word twitter essay on the sexual politics of speedrunning as interpreted by Jordan Peterson.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n__GJuqLb00

"you're a beta male, Sonic"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

imo the sonic dramatization is too good to be hidden behind a YouTube link
https://mobile.twitter.com/TurboJehtt/status/1449499315970314242

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

VitalSigns posted:

:five: holy poo poo

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

VitalSigns posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TurboJehtt/status/1449499315970314242

:ck5:

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
https://twitter.com/vxunderground/status/1453398206507847680

https://nationalcybersecuritynews.today/nra-responds-to-reports-of-grief-ransomware-attack-malware-ransomware/

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I still dont know what Petersonian isnt just an architecture style?

lol why do the biggest hottest bags of hotair say such poo poo.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The dude who wrote that insane thread is a trip. He pinned the thread on his Twitter, apparently he's really proud of it. He also did the standard right wing thing where he saw people dunking on him and calling him a moron as "triggered leftists." And his bio is incredible too.

quote:

Protecting what is mine. PhD student in Philosophy & History.

True Classical Liberal. Center-left.

Pro-beauty. Pro-Freedom. Anti-bullying. Anti-feminism/SJW.

Not really sure what's "center-left" about him since he seems like a bog standard chud talking poo poo about leftists. Also pro Bitcoin and anti-vaxx tweets on his timeline too. Guessing he's a Pim Tool type trying to pull the "I used to be like the left too but then they went too far" grift.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008
"Classical liberal" means "blood gargling fascist but just sane enough to know to conceal that".

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

TheArchimage posted:

"Classical liberal" means "blood gargling fascist but just sane enough to know to conceal that".

“Blood gargling fascist but cool with same-sex marriage as long as they don’t have to see men kiss”

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I would have described myself as a “classic liberal” a little more than a decade ago. But I was trying to be a less insane libertarian sort of person. Then I grew up some more and saw the extreme shortcomings of that and decided I was a progressive, and just in time too because terrible people decided they wanted to call themselves “classic liberals”.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Anyone describing themselves as a "classical liberal" is either lying, misinformed, or pushing 140 years old.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Anyone describing themselves as a "classical liberal" is either lying, misinformed, or pushing 150 years old.

Well they’re just saying they’re libertarians but ashamed of the implied ephebophilia.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

The dude who wrote that insane thread is a trip. He pinned the thread on his Twitter, apparently he's really proud of it. He also did the standard right wing thing where he saw people dunking on him and calling him a moron as "triggered leftists." And his bio is incredible too.

Not really sure what's "center-left" about him since he seems like a bog standard chud talking poo poo about leftists. Also pro Bitcoin and anti-vaxx tweets on his timeline too. Guessing he's a Pim Tool type trying to pull the "I used to be like the left too but then they went too far" grift.

It would not surprise me if this entire twitter thread ends up in the inbox of his doctoral supervisor in short order if it hasn't already by now. Then again, everyone in his PhD program is probably WELL aware of what a miserable shithead he is judging by how his twitter timeline reads.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/RedWingGrips/status/1453440621960732674

Guessing they were all Trump brown nosers.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Horse Paste Caucus

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Is Rogan's podcast still super popular? SiriusXM hid the previous episodes where he interviewed a bunch of alt-righters when they bought the rights, how are they dealing with this new pants-on-fire-on-head dumb-assery from the fear factor guy?

Between him and Andy Dick its really tainting my nostalgia for Newsradio.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

As many people are pointing out, How would he know?
Aren't real doctors supposed to keep that kind of thing confidential.

But then Front Line doctors aren't real doctors.
At least not anymore.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Yes, his podcast is listened to by millions of dumbasses and you’re lucky if you don’t know anyone obsessed with it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Casimir Radon posted:

Yes, his podcast is listened to by millions of dumbasses and you’re lucky if you don’t know anyone obsessed with it.

Literally the only people on the planet who are stupider than Joe Rogan are people who listen to Joe Rogan.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

This is the 'doctor' Rogan mentioned.
Seems he's now going after pharmacists that turn down shady ivermectin prescriptions as illegally practicing medicine.

https://twitter.com/PierreKory/status/1450593135831265281

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
Apparently Dan Oingoboingo has been off the radio all week, since his "negotiations" with Cumulus over their vaccine mandate aren't going well.

Despite the fact that Mr. Oingoboingo is vaccinated, he's apparently decided to pick this very stupid hill to die on, so I'm not exactly sure how he expects the right wing grift train to continue when he pisses off one of the core elements of Wingnut Welfare and gets confined to his podcast and Fox appearances.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

LeeMajors posted:

Well they’re just saying they’re libertarians but ashamed of the implied ephebophilia.
Yeah, "Classical Liberal" is one of those endlessly-shifting terms that libertarians call themselves to create plausible deniability for their beliefs. I'm not a libertarian, I'm a minarchist, no actually I'm an objectivist, in fact I'm more of an anarcho-capitalist, really my beliefs are "socially liberal, but fiscally conservative", and on and and on. It's the same poo poo, they just keep changing the name.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

OgNar posted:

This is the 'doctor' Rogan mentioned.
Seems he's now going after pharmacists that turn down shady ivermectin prescriptions as illegally practicing medicine.

https://twitter.com/PierreKory/status/1450593135831265281

I would like to point out that in the 2000's when it came to abortifacients, non-abortifacient morning after pills, HIV drugs, birth control pills, and HRT for trans people these idiots were all about giving pharmacists autonomy to not fill whatever they didn't want to fill. Now that it means they don't get their horse paste they're livid.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

azflyboy posted:

Apparently Dan Oingoboingo has been off the radio all week, since his "negotiations" with Cumulus over their vaccine mandate aren't going well.

Despite the fact that Mr. Oingoboingo is vaccinated, he's apparently decided to pick this very stupid hill to die on, so I'm not exactly sure how he expects the right wing grift train to continue when he pisses off one of the core elements of Wingnut Welfare and gets confined to his podcast and Fox appearances.

His show was online and pretty big enough before he got on regular radio. He also has a show on the Fox nation streaming service and before that was on NRATV. Radio was never his main source of income.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

My dad got really into Scott Adams starting about 2 years ago (yes of course I pretended not to be super-online and said "is that the Garfield guy" and not "oh the guy who thinks gravity is the earth expanding up to meet us"), and one of the things my dad said was how Adams is on the left but even he can see that, for example, Medicare For All is bad.

I asked him how Adams is on the left since everything he just described is very right-wing.
"Oh well he's pro-gay"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Fondly remembering how in the wake of the Pulse nightclub shooting, Scott Adams said that Trump's desire to ban Muslims from entering the US proved he was more pro-gay than Hillary.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

"According to Joe Rogan" is the important phrase here. I wouldn't consider him to be a reliable source of information at all.

Had an argument with a right wing physician, a surgeon, who while vaxxed himself was vehemently against vax mandates etc. He mentioned that Joe Rogan had said states that had legalized pot had decreased rates of DUI fatalities or something. I told him that while I was entirely pro pot legalization I wouldn't trust Rogan as a source on any topic but especially this since he's very much a biased advocate.

It took me literally thirty seconds to look up a JAMA article showing the exact opposite of this, and the guy shut up since he'd clearly just taken Joe's word for it and not checked any source data.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The problem is, way too many people listen to this clown so when he says dumb poo poo, people take it as real

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Scott Adams went all in on the election fraud thing and he's probably the best living example of Dunning Kruger. His big thing before that was whining about the "Charlottesville hoax" where he claimed Trump wasn't calling Nazis very fine people and would get in arguments with you when he was being dishonest about what text he showed Trump saying. He actually argued with me when I showed that Trump specifically mentioned the people from "the night before" and even if you ignored that speech one side was an explicitly white supremacist rally.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

azflyboy posted:

I was eating out last night and the station had FOX News on. He was on there even though Fox has a stricter vaccine policy. There is no talk about him “negotiating” with Fox so I am guessing that he is not pulling the numbers with Cumulus and they are negotiating with him to lose the spot. This is him either 1) trying to get his numbers up so Cumulus does not drop him or 2) give a lie why he is being dropped/increase his numbers wherever he ends up.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

Fondly remembering how in the wake of the Pulse nightclub shooting, Scott Adams said that Trump's desire to ban Muslims from entering the US proved he was more pro-gay than Hillary.

Actually now that I'm remembering the conversation more my dad had said that Adams is further left than Bernie Sanders (according to Adams' book).

I think it's a marketing thing to sell himself to conservatives by stroking their egos. See I don't just listen to Fox and right-wing radio, here's a left-wing guy who also says I'm right about everything.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

During the 2016 campaign Adams said he was voting Hillary out of fear for his life because Clinton supporters would hunt down Trump voters.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

TheArchimage posted:

"Classical liberal" means "blood gargling fascist who smokes weed".

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

During the 2016 campaign Adams said he was voting Hillary out of fear for his life because Clinton supporters would hunt down Trump voters.

Then he made a video where he literally (not figuratively) did the Mr Burns "eeeexcellent" to DHS blackbagging protesters in Portland

It's all projection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

FMguru posted:

Yeah, "Classical Liberal" is one of those endlessly-shifting terms that libertarians call themselves to create plausible deniability for their beliefs. I'm not a libertarian, I'm a minarchist, no actually I'm an objectivist, in fact I'm more of an anarcho-capitalist, really my beliefs are "socially liberal, but fiscally conservative", and on and and on. It's the same poo poo, they just keep changing the name.

I saw someone say they liked Trump for his classical liberal sensibilities. This was after the tariffs and wealth redistribution of the tariff income to mega-corps which is approximately 180 degrees out of phase with classical liberalism.

They don't know what it means. They also don't care to know what it means. They just think it means what they want it to mean.