Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
assmann

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZUOE9jQFPs

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Reinhard Assmann is a crewman on one of my upper-tier German tanks.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

awesome.

and yeah at first i had urban as the first name figure ill make it on another crew member

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MariusLecter posted:

One more tank should do it to get me to the last of the battle pass, even the Type 64 that I already got 22 points on.

Is tier 6 just the way to go for this, or did you just decide to mostly do those?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Azhais posted:

Is tier 6 just the way to go for this, or did you just decide to mostly do those?

Tier 6 is great because most T6 pubbies are completely clueless and you can bully them. Plus you only have to get 100 battle pass points before you get the bonus for completing a tank.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Tier 6 is great because most T6 pubbies are completely clueless and you can bully them. Plus you only have to get 100 battle pass points before you get the bonus for completing a tank.

Yeah, I just played my 131 on a lark and got 2800 damage, 7 kills, and a master badge. Too bad I don't have that many t6 laying around, just the prems pretty much

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://wotreplays.eu/site/6052748#erlenberg-mariuslecter-kv-4

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

THE HALLOWEEN event sucks its hard and all for a not so great tier 7 premium i think right?

also like to point out i just wiped my entire team because i thought i could speed past a group to get into the charger was slightly funny how fast the whole team died

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 27, 2021

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Excuse me but the Captured King Tiger owns spooky skeleton bones.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Turmoilx posted:

THE HALLOWEEN event sucks its hard and all for a not so great tier 7 premium i think right?

Correct.

If you're going to play it, here's some tips:
- Heavy tanks are the best because you can do more damage by ramming than you can with your gun.
- Get as much Mirium as you can before time runs out in the early stages because it carries over to later ones with more difficult enemies.
- Don't forget to equip your tanks with consumables, especially the one that restores HP to your teammates.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

Correct.

If you're going to play it, here's some tips:
- Heavy tanks are the best because you can do more damage by ramming than you can with your gun.
- Get as much Mirium as you can before time runs out in the early stages because it carries over to later ones with more difficult enemies.
- Don't forget to equip your tanks with consumables, especially the one that restores HP to your teammates.

STEP 4 - don't play

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BadLlama posted:

STEP 4 - don't play

That is my conclusion as well.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah big loving ups to WG for putting ALL THE COSMETICS in the store for 4500 gold apiece.

Unlocking the Captured Tiger takes a minimum of ~40 games, but that is with the assumption that you're playing at the highest difficulty, you're the best player on the team every time, and you win every game. Which you can't actually do since you can't even unlock the hardest difficulty straight off the bat, and of course the rest of it is just wildly unrealistic.

More realistic estimates are 100-200 games to unlock the tank.

E: The Leopard PT A continues to be amazing, possibly my favourite tank so far in the game. Can't wait to get the Leopard 1.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Oct 27, 2021

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
I used to own a captured King Tiger ages ago, but one day it just up and vanished from my garage without a trace.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Unlocking the Captured Tiger takes a minimum of ~40 games, but that is with the assumption that you're playing at the highest difficulty, you're the best player on the team every time, and you win every game. Which you can't actually do since you can't even unlock the hardest difficulty straight off the bat, and of course the rest of it is just wildly unrealistic.

Not being a dick, but I am very good at tanks and these type of grinds do not take me nearly as long as most players and I have got fed up with WGings ultra long grindy bullshit or pay $80 that I hardly ever play this game anymore. Currently playing another arena based shooter with big mechanical vehicles and the difference between their monetization and what you get during events versus the required effort is loving nuts. I literally got 14 days of premium time for just playing a couple matches.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BadLlama posted:

Not being a dick, but I am very good at tanks and these type of grinds do not take me nearly as long as most players and I have got fed up with WGings ultra long grindy bullshit or pay $80 that I hardly ever play this game anymore.

No dickery detected, it's completely ridiculous that even if you play at the best possible level you have to literally win like 50 games of a thing to get the rewards, and how all the events are obviously aimed at making people pay loving AAA game prices for pixel tanks and skins.

Their whole monetization system is so loving stupid and goes against all the established best understanding of how to design good monetization (not my direct area of expertise but I worked with researchers who specialized in F2P research for 5 years).

E: I mean seriously, they're charging loving 17 euros a pop for tank skins in this event. I won't buy a single one of them, but if they cost like 5 euros apiece, I'd probably buy all of them, and a bunch of other people would probably buy some as well.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 27, 2021

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

dennyk posted:

I used to own a captured King Tiger ages ago, but one day it just up and vanished from my garage without a trace.

It was a perk of having an Amazon Prime subscription, but was removed last October and put up for sale in the store.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

It was a perk of having an Amazon Prime subscription, but was removed last October and put up for sale in the store.

For a limited time, naturally. If you didn't buy the tank during that limited window you lost it forever which is just peak WG.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

How dare we let the players keep tier 7 premiums while we continue to roll out broken T8 prems and even dabble in T9 prems.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
Hate playing on patch days; the game feels so crippled without all my usual mods, and I forget how many useful things are from mods instead of built into the game. Hell, how is "Automatically return crew" still not a built-in function after all these years? :argh:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

just had a bug in this new mode where my turret would not turn the game thought i was still dead after respawning no ammo slots showed no reticle or repair slots.. all i could do is drive around and ram myself to death couldnt shoot or anything

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Turmoilx posted:

just had a bug in this new mode where my turret would not turn the game thought i was still dead after respawning no ammo slots showed no reticle or repair slots.. all i could do is drive around and ram myself to death couldnt shoot or anything

:allears:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Turmoilx posted:

Were you spectating a teammate while you were dead? I was when that happened to me. Didn't happen if I stayed staring at my corpse otherwise so far.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

dennyk posted:

They had the Captured King Tiger as part of Amazon Prime. Soon after they removed it from the monthly bonus of Prime if you had it you had a small window to purchase the tank for I believe it was 23 dollars. Which to me was super cheap and a great deal because the Captured King Tiger is an amazing tank at Tier 7. Its a very versatile and heavily armored tank for its tier and with its gun it can be scary against same tiers to Tier 8. Tier 9 tanks you have to play against those a bit more careful but it can hold its own at medium ranges.

I really want to get the skin and I am three stages away from getting it (If you already own the tank you will be compensated with Credits but you can keep the skin). Im coordinating with goons on Discord for us to beat hard mode and I would like to record a victory to share with everyone when we do. It can get chaotic near the end with hunters and The Immortal but it's doable.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

more bugs with the game mode.. https://imgur.com/a/F7sdT3G yep i got stuck inside of a rock thanks to the auto flip back right side up feature

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Turmoilx posted:

Some people are saying this is also happening in their NEXT games. If you die in game 1, you will be like this in game 2.

Awesome game mode.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Katamari Democracy posted:

They had the Captured King Tiger as part of Amazon Prime. Soon after they removed it from the monthly bonus of Prime if you had it you had a small window to purchase the tank for I believe it was 23 dollars.

It was a discount that increased the longer you had it from twitch prime. I think that $23 was the cheapest (or close to) that it could get. All I remember is I had max discount but not what the "full" price was.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I refused to buy it simply on the merits that it should've been free if you kept it the entire time. Plus I really didn't care.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

event done grinded https://imgur.com/a/ZVsENar

Sair
May 11, 2007

Was it worth it?

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

Sair posted:

Was it worth it?

eh.. i guess so for that 850k exp book to use on a commander , got some free crew out of it too with 1 skill i think.

got this tonight :smug: mines im on hill shooting him on encounter cap haha

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The event is pure loving hell with pubbies. Why yes, DO drive out of the Magnus circle with a bunch of magic crystals, Double! We absolutely need to farm more bots instead of winning the game. Oh what's this, you died and now you're crying about people abandoning you to die alone?

Repeat ad nauseam, except with a lot more slurs in (presumably) Serbian and Romanian or something.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Sucks to be Euro. NA pubs mostly have their poo poo together by now.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

Sucks to be Euro.

Yeah, in general in Wargaming games, absolutely. Every time Jingles shows NA replays, there's a bunch of talk in chat, people are chill and joking. On the EU servers it's typical to get a bunch of people yelling slurs in exotic languages before the match even starts because they spotted a name from a country they hate because their country's hated that country for a few hundred years. And it just gets worse from there.

It's unreal that even very basic humanity like saying "good luck have fun" before the match, or saying "well played" to someone who did well has gotten me a lot of messages after matches because people were so surprised by even such small things that it was noteworthy for them.

And of course a lot of hate from people who are so far gone that they can't take even a tiny bit of positivity.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Turmoilx posted:

got this tonight :smug: mines im on hill shooting him on encounter cap haha

Most pubbies can't even comprehend two dimensions; you can't just go adding a third one in there and expect them to have any idea what the gently caress's going on. :dumbgun:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Pubbies: Mini-Maps are Optional

I miss all chat, I honestly felt like chat was more civil back then. But that could just be my rose tinted glasses.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Mesadoram posted:

Pubbies: Mini-Maps are Optional

I miss all chat, I honestly felt like chat was more civil back then. But that could just be my rose tinted glasses.

Allchat's only purposes were harvesting pubbie tears and telling the enemy team where those useless AFK redline campers on your team were hiding at the end of the match so you could get your tank back sooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

dennyk posted:

Allchat's only purposes were harvesting pubbie tears and telling the enemy team where those useless AFK redline campers on your team were hiding at the end of the match so you could get your tank back sooner.

Also spamming Cat Facts™ relentlessly to everyone.