Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

NotJustANumber99 posted:

look mate you were buying your weed from crooks before, whats the problem?

Crooks are more reliable than the government because they sometimes face consequences when they take your money and deliver nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I've been up all night after I noticed a friend was asking for advice on facebook about how to make it easier to breathe. I knew she was 4 or 5 days into being symptomatic, and had tested positive, so I asked her if she had checked her Sp02 levels, and she hadn't.

92%

She's double jabbed too.

She's now waiting a call back from NHS 111.

Keep wearing those masks and keep taking precautions.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 28, 2021

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Hey so is the queen actually dead?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Gripweed posted:

Not while the palace has a stockpile of pre-recorded speeches

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Oct 28, 2021

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Gripweed posted:

Was the queen ever alive?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

Was the queen ever alive?

These days, would any plebian even know?

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Endjinneer posted:

This sewage thing, has there been a recent change in volumes discharged or is this a weird tipping point when people overnight become deeply opposed to something that's been happening since humans built houses.
Mild legislation in the Environment Bill causing the public to demand much more stringent legislation on something they previously hadn't bothered about.

Feargal Sharkey has been campaigning on this continuously for years now and finally starting to get traction.

A disclaimer here, I'm by no means an expert at all and there's almost certainly others in this thread who will correct me on mistakes here, but this is the best I can put together from taking an interest and following some informative people.

As mentioned, combined overflows are pretty standard for Victorian (and older) sewers that have been gradually expanded over time. As far as I can tell, what's really changed lately is threefold: there's a few more people around though not massively more, there's more green space that has been paved over (though I think that affects flooding more), but importantly the water companies have basically stopped fixing leaks anywhere. That water ends up in the exact same place that rainwater does - in most of the UK, a combined sewer which therefore needs overflow. The leaks are taking up the excess capacity that is supposed to be available for rainwater.

That's why the Tory figures about costs to replace all overflows are misleading - you can see the stats for all of these overflows in public, and many of them are overflowing even when it hasn't rained locally for weeks. They're doing the absolute bare minimum to fix leaking water mains and that means any time it either rains or a new leak develops, the sewer overflows. The stats about water leaks are also public and we're talking like 20% of the total supply being lost on any given day. That's just by the water companies' own figures though, and Southern for example just pleaded guilty to covering up 7000 unpermitted sewage discharges (basically overflowing when it's not raining) since 2010, that they systematically hid from the environment agency, not that the EA usually does anything anyway.

In a sense we kind of have hit a tipping point I think, in the fact that you can now quite easily find multiple overflow points on a given network that are releasing sewage on more days than not, and it's pretty easy to get the locals angry and involved with a campaign when that happens for a year instead of for a couple of days.

Scikar fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 28, 2021

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Gripweed posted:

Probably not.

Very unwell? Likely, or they'd have wheeled her out of Balmorall for a long lens pap shot to prove she was still alive.

Have Charles and William been doing public visits lately? I havent seen anything on the news about them either.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Scikar posted:

but importantly the water companies have basically stopped fixing leaks anywhere. That water ends up in the exact same place that rainwater does - in most of the UK, a combined sewer which therefore needs overflow. The leaks are taking up the excess capacity that is supposed to be available for rainwater.
And as the Green Party reports in the mid-90s demonstrated, in large part that whole lovely attitude is due to water metering (for you the consumer, not for us the water board, lol could you imagine being charged for our mistakes).

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/PhilipJCollins1/status/1453345673030639618

Absolute genius, you can see why Starmer had him write that speech.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Gripweed posted:

fuctifino posted:

I've been up all night after I noticed a friend was asking for advice on facebook about how to make it easier to breathe. I knew she was 4 or 5 days into being symptomatic, and had tested positive, so I asked her if she had checked her Sp02 levels, and she hadn't.

92%

She's double jabbed too.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The Queen is just resting, but in high spirits nevertheless.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

The lack of any publicity photos (even "here's the Queen pottering about the garden/feeding her dogs (does she even have any now?)/playing with great grandkids) means she's almost certainly on bed rest.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Dead rest.

She's spending a year dead for tax purposes, and to avoid any FBI subpoenas.

Didn't she get rid of the last of her corgis because she knew her time was up a few years ago?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Even the fact that they weren't immediately forthcoming when questioned about it suggests she's at least in a bad way.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

EvilHawk posted:

The lack of any publicity photos (even "here's the Queen pottering about the garden/feeding her dogs (does she even have any now?)/playing with great grandkids) means she's almost certainly on bed rest.

Not really, she's always been very insistent that that sort of thing is off-limits. Check any pictures of her, they're all either at public engagements or long-lens pap shots (with the exception of the very rare staged family photo). If anything, I'd take a sudden load of "See, she's definitely upright!" pics as proof that something was up beyond a 95-year-old woman being told to take a rest.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
If the queen snuffs it we need a thread title ready to go, everyone get thinking

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

If the queen snuffs it we need a thread title ready to go, everyone get thinking

UKMT: God Save The King, Because We Won't

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The Queen is most likely just ill, which obviously carries danger for anyone 95 years old regardless of the quality of medical care available. I think if she actually died they would announce it to avoid succession intrigue, however banal that would be in the modern era.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

UKMT: new monarch, who dis?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
UKMT November: Liz goes Sex Mad

As a tribute to this classic retraction

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Jedit posted:

UKMT: God Save The King, Because We Won't

UKMT: I'm Glad She's Dead

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I hope the UK gets to pick the new one by texting CHARLES or WILLIAM or LIMMY to a premium number

UKMT: queen dead so what

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

sebzilla posted:

UKMT: I'm Glad She's Dead

The Queen is Antifa.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Failed Imagineer posted:

I hope the UK gets to pick the new one by texting CHARLES or WILLIAM or LIMMY to a premium number

UKMT: queen dead so what

Surprise write-in winner Jeremy Corbyn crowned new queen of England.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
some fat old knacker on jeremy vine just used the IRA as an example of why it's better to engage in dialogue rather than "terrorism" - quotes added because the terrorism he was alluding to was Insulate Britain :kiddo:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
old john majors shat his tucked in pants when the RA bombed canary wharf is what really happened, it's a shame it took the RA a few decades to work out that the british government dgaf about killing children in shopping centres and that

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

crispix posted:

RA bombed canary wharf

Hey I wondered why my eye was twitching, clicked on this thread and found out why.

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009

fuctifino posted:

92%

She's double jabbed too.

If her sats are genuinely & consistently 92% (and those aren't normal for her, i.e. she doesn't have longstanding lung problems) then she needs to go to hospital - 999 rather than 111.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Hey I wondered why my eye was twitching, clicked on this thread and found out why.

mate it's just what people call it, have a cup of tea

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You have to call it by its full and proper name otherwise the other ones get upset.

It's the Provisional Irish Republican Army.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

oxford_town posted:

If her sats are genuinely & consistently 92% (and those aren't normal for her, i.e. she doesn't have longstanding lung problems) then she needs to go to hospital - 999 rather than 111.

She did speak to someone at 111, and a nurse or doctor is meant to be phoning her back. Her SpO2 is back up to 95% this morning. The problem is that she doesn't know what her normal baseline is, and has other health issues (narcolepsy due to a missing hormone, as a result of some immuno issue as kid), so she could be naturally low.

I have a few other friends who are knocked out by this recent wave, and most of them are double vaxxed... so stay safe people.

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

I bought a crappy cheap sp02 monitor and it constantly reads me at 94 95 which had me worried until I went to hospital for something unrelated and their sp02 had me at 98 - 99. Might just be a dodgy monitor. Definitely get her medical attention though and they can do prober obs.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
I wonder how effective the booster would be in that situation. I know a few people who have had it already, but a handful of people I know being fine isn't great data to extrapolate off. I hope they roll it out to more vulnerable people soon, especially with so many people going maskless now as if it's last year's problem

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

goddamnedtwisto posted:

If you think about isn't all of London Canary Wharf?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Off topic:

Does anyone know what ex@exdigydot net is and why I'm getting 'undeliverable' messages to it when I never sent anything there? I'm forwarding emails from a former staff member's inbox to mine (within the same organisation) so it seems related to forwarding.

etc

Just an update:

I did alert my colleagues to the possibility that there was a 'bug' in the former colleague's email system. (No need to get more techy than that.)
Anyway, I managed to get her login details today and just inspected her email rules and found two rules:

The top one would get processed first so I think microsoft must have entered this one automatically via outlook as part of their take-down operation.

Anyway, I have advised my colleagues to check their message rules just in case.

Ed: I'll have to take another look at the rules following Incy's comment below! Seems they might be processed in different order to what I thought.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Oct 28, 2021

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Canary Wharf is actually the name of the bell, the tower itself is called Victoria Tower

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Tomberforce posted:

I bought a crappy cheap sp02 monitor and it constantly reads me at 94 95 which had me worried until I went to hospital for something unrelated and their sp02 had me at 98 - 99. Might just be a dodgy monitor. Definitely get her medical attention though and they can do prober obs.

Yeah, fingers crossed she just cheaped out with the monitor, but she's also complaining about it being hard to breathe and having a tight chest. She's in contact with the health professionals now, so my job is done in that regard.

I just wanted to give people the heads up that this current wave seems to be quite violent and is knocking out double vaxxed people, and to also remind people to get an SpO2 monitor and to record their baseline prior to catching covid.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
it's a big shiny place with lots of utter twats in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
it's a real wacky show where aanyyything can goooo