Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Harik posted:

So towing their vehicles is a win-win because gently caress cops.

so much money to be made

yeah but it's the cops who have to call in the tow. of course they're not going to tow themselves. but yes, legalize predatory towing of any and all cars in bike lanes or on sidewalks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

people who think cautions create magical parking spaces should be shot

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

hahahahahahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehh8ZdIMMj4

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a good first step would be to ban parking lots and on-street parking

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

look at all that open space on either side of the human corral. they give us scraps and make us fight over them.

like, I don't even blame people for walking in that bike lane. look how crowded it is.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

seeing a lot of videos of cyclists who don't seem to know the real purpose of a U-lock? (drive-by property destruction)

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I am going to hope/assume that there are NYC bicyclists that put stickers on the cars in the bike lane, preferably ones that can't be removed without damaging the paint

even more preferable they say "stay out of our bike lane bitch"

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Harik posted:

So towing their vehicles is a win-win because gently caress cops.

so much money to be made

it's the cops doing it. people have been constantly reporting it (+blatant cronyism) for ages and nothing happens

https://twitter.com/placardabuse/status/1443014133125980164?t=R3csKoqmdmV8rO22vpVyGg&s=19

https://twitter.com/NYCBikeLanes/status/1450119130514866181?t=h5QyEc9WHZCtLfch4WlzCg&s=19

distortion park has issued a correction as of 17:55 on Oct 27, 2021

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

quote:

But the fact is, no climate scientist is arguing that bikes can replace cars. What they are saying is that all of us need to reduce consumption drastically.

All climate scientists agree: Global warming is an individual problem and certainly not a systemic one.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Ardennes posted:

Getting rid of cars and Obama‘a deregulation of methane..sorry fracking, wouldn’t solve climate change, but it could give mankind a fighting chance.

Unfortunately neither of those things will solve racism, so we have no choice but to continue with the status quo.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I'm not sure what it's called but there's one street plan where every other street is pedestrians only, and on these streets you have storefronts on both sides. And on the alternating streets you have the store backs, and you can park on the street there.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/61799498e3294-holding-out-for-a-bike-lane-hero.php

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

lol i am pretty sure that the cops figured out who the placard abuse account guy is and visited his house a few times

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/urbanthoughts11/status/1453429614366244864

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
A nation of people who tolerate horrible cities will tolerate horrible policing, horrible economic policy and horrible bigotry, horrible environment collapse and is inevitably a horrible nations.

The suburban experiment of building cities for the car is are the root of all America's problems. If there was a political party that had no other platform than making cities not suck all of my apathy would blow away in the wind I would support them wholeheartedly.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

"unfortunately" doing a lot of heavy lifting there

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

sounds like what they're keeping out is actually drivers

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Leroy Diplowski posted:

A nation of people who tolerate horrible cities will tolerate horrible policing, horrible economic policy and horrible bigotry, horrible environment collapse and is inevitably a horrible nations.

The suburban experiment of building cities for the car is are the root of all America's problems. If there was a political party that had no other platform than making cities not suck all of my apathy would blow away in the wind I would support them wholeheartedly.

you're right America didn't have any serious problems before the 1950s

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Lastgirl posted:

"unfortunately" doing a lot of heavy lifting there

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

actionjackson posted:

thats when the dogs started getting larger

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

the history of all hitherto existing society is the history of car struggles

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Sphyre posted:

the history of all hitherto existing society is the history of car struggles

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

The new Maginot Line stopping the Germans more effectively than the old one

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
If those exist in this country it'll only be a matter of time before some rear end in a top hat kills themselves on one and they're sued into removing it

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
I got an electric skateboard recently and am commuting on it and it freakin' rules.

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

actionjackson posted:

I know right, now let me take a big sip of coffee and read this Upton Sinclair book.

But seriously it feels like so many cities are just a microcosm of the same mindsets that make living in America such a drag. Nobody cares about the cities, nobody cares about the country, it's all such a fuckup stew. Anyhow, I'm just pissy because I'm trying to plan a bike tour and roads that aren't designed to kill me do not exist.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Bushiz posted:

I got an electric skateboard recently and am commuting on it and it freakin' rules.

onewheels rock :coolspot:

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Lastgirl posted:

onewheels rock :coolspot:

ya, at making you look like a dweeb lol

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost
"onewheels ROCK!"

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

this is how i feel about vancouver. i'm glad i live here because toronto is a hell world but every tweet about how beautiful it is is just a picture of mountains behind a chain store

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

lil poopendorfer posted:

"onewheels ROCK!"

thats a knock off :confused:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

tryin to make me hate bikes it aint gonna work

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Lastgirl posted:

thats a knock off :confused:

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/WorldBollard/status/1446588166501244928?t=70DLFHAITxVROwo_Awx-ZQ&s=19

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

im on a train right now.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

car! give me car! car! fatphobe!!! give car! car now y'all!

https://twitter.com/molliekatie/status/1451074392646107140

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

car! give me car! car! fatphobe!!! give car! car now y'all!

https://twitter.com/molliekatie/status/1451074392646107140

it just keeps going

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

you know what's incredibly better for disabled people?

trains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

https://www.bts.gov/archive/publications/freedom_to_travel/data_analysis posted:

About 62 percent of people with disabilities who are 15 years or older, and about 86 percent of the nondisabled who are 15 years or older, drove motor vehicles in the month prior to the interview for local travel to work, shopping, doctor and other medical appointments, and for other purposes (see figure 3 and appendix table 13). Seventy-seven percent of those with disabilities and 82 percent of the nondisabled rode in a personal motor vehicle as a passenger for local travel.