Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

babypolis posted:

it also a wrath that doesnt punish you for having a larger board than your opponent. very cool card

yeah, it's a pretty cool card for white decks that wanna go wide but can't guarantee they're gonna be fast enough to just rush people down...

...waaaait monowhite is gonna be even more insufferable now isnt it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

How often are you gonna choose to discard a flashback card instead of getting to cast it twice?

Unless it is exactly what I wanted to do: Every time. If the spell has flashback it's free to discard.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

fadam posted:

Can you cast Croaked spells from Exile if the frog is back in your command zone or dead?

The permission to play these cards is attached to the frog. If the frog isn't in play the ability doesn't function.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Cleave is just the Mythos cycle mechanic from Ikoria as a keyword, and I like it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Sorin might not be the best card but drat is he hot

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mandatory lesbian posted:

https://twitter.com/MTG_Arena/status/1453765292702814221

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

mandatory lesbian posted:

He's a different kind of sexy in every one of his alt arts too. Real home run in every department (except being playable lol)

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Silhouette posted:

Cleave is just the Mythos cycle mechanic from Ikoria as a keyword, and I like it

Exactly my thought too, and I think Cleave is easier to parse.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

:eyepop: with a spirit or an enchantment thats mana leak.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bugsy posted:

With both, it's spell pierce but better!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

Part of me is reasonably sure that we're gonna see at least one Blood generator get broken in modern as part of a Dredge deck.

Not as long as it costs mana to do so.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Silhouette posted:

Just a granular Overload.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Strong Sauce posted:

Ayami Kojima has done art for the Castlevania series.

I expected an Alucard, I was not disappointed.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

frog

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I really dig the flavor here.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Bugsy posted:

UW yorion/control piles in historic are gonna slam 4 of these into the deck immediately

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

Another question about the frog, do cards that say stuff like "reveal the top x cards of your library, put x into hand and the rest into your graveyard" count? like are those cards in some special revealed zone before being put in the yard? or are they still in the library until they get put in the graveyard?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER posted:

Another question about the frog, do cards that say stuff like "reveal the top x cards of your library, put x into hand and the rest into your graveyard" count? like are those cards in some special revealed zone before being put in the yard? or are they still in the library until they get put in the graveyard?

I'm pretty sure they count as going from library to graveyard and would get the croak counters

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Yeah there is no "revealed" zone.

zones:

Library
hand
stack
battlefield
graveyard
exile
command
...ante?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

That's my understanding, it turns Intuition into a super permanent tutor. He's also a beast with Hermit druid because you can flip your entire library and now you have every single permanent in your deck available to try and win the game like you just cast a huge hosed up As Naus. Not sure how good he'll be (no Black or Red is sadge) but those two interactions alone are making me want to brew with him.

fadam fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 28, 2021

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I was just randomly defeated and can't figure out how the game made that decision (came up out of loving nowhere).

Anybody have any ideas?

I mean, I'm sure I was going to lose anyway, but why would the client just abruptly play the death animation and throw a big "Defeated" at you if I still had life and no game-ending conditions had been met yet?

EDIT: It was my turn and I was using my Triskaedekaphile to draw cards, did it bug out?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I was just randomly defeated and can't figure out how the game made that decision (came up out of loving nowhere).

Anybody have any ideas?

I mean, I'm sure I was going to lose anyway, but why would the client just abruptly play the death animation and throw a big "Defeated" at you if I still had life and no game-ending conditions had been met yet?

You lose the game if your deck is empty and you have to draw a card

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Lone Goat posted:

You lose the game if your deck is empty and you have to draw a card

Well drat, I forgot I was using one of the event decks instead of my usual deck. I've never run out of cards before.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Anybody have any ideas?

EDIT: It was my turn and I was using my Triskaedekaphile to draw cards, did it bug out?

I don't see your library, you may have drawn yourself to death.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Silhouette posted:

UW yorion/control piles in historic are gonna slam 4 of these into the deck immediately

Yeah thats real good with omen of the sea.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Anybody have any ideas?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

AngryBooch posted:

I don't see your library, you may have drawn yourself to death.

Oops emotes on my part.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
And this just happened.

I didn't know that was possible.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
The Chandra, Dressed to Kill borderless art looks as about as good as the regular art looks bad. Holy moly the regular art is atrocious.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

And this just happened.

I didn't know that was possible.

Did arena take forever for the match to start once it found an opponent? It just does that sometimes.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Bugsy posted:

Did arena take forever for the match to start once it found an opponent? It just does that sometimes.

Yes for when I took that screenshot, but now two more matches have done the same thing.

I'm changing match type and trying again.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Yes for when I took that screenshot, but now two more matches have done the same thing.

You may have to restart the client when this Draw bug starts happening.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They just did an update today, maybe that's screwing things up

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Strong Sauce posted:

Ayami Kojima has done art for the Castlevania series.

Edit: art for the regular card is actually a pretty big piece. wow

This is awesome. Do we know if Ayami Kojima is doing any more art?

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

fadam posted:

That's my understanding, it turns Intuition into a super permanent tutor. He's also a beast with Hermit druid because you can flip your entire library and now you have every single permanent in your deck available to try and win the game like you just cast a huge hosed up As Naus. Not sure how good he'll be (no Black or Red is sadge) but those two interactions alone are making me want to brew with him.

:same: but i'm a little sad there's so few frogs, and I don't think any frogs care about self-mill

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Yes. A revealed card doesn't change zones. Like if you reveal a card from your hand it never leaves your hand. So those cards will be revealed (and on top of your library) and then go to your graveyard (from the top of your library)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

:same: but i'm a little sad there's so few frogs, and I don't think any frogs care about self-mill

the shapeshifters from Kaldheim?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

You don't need any frogs when you have his best friend, Hermit Druid.

Frog
Druid
Oracle/Lab Man/Lab Man Jace
All the good mana rocks
Some method of drawing a card with a permanent (baubles, eggs, whatever)
Concordant Crossroads
Intuition
Exploration?
Some artifact removal. Maybe some cute permanent based answers to stax effects.

Deck seems cool!

fadam fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

You can safely store Thassa's Oracle in exile where no one can touch it and you can get it out whenever you want.

The frog tribal is incidental. You wanna play with no basic lands because Hermit Druid will do the work of 30 frogs in a flash.