Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Agreed.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
mappy ftw

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Mario Tennis is so simple and fun. Not having all the crazy super moves from later games makes it so easy to pick up and play . MK64 still plays great too

Bummed about the input lag in Mario 64 and oot though. really hope they do literally anything to fix it down the road because I bet a lot of people subbed just to play those two on switch

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/ClassicMiiverse/status/1452730713627836419

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

If you claim the Animal Crossing expansion pack then the difference between the basic NSO plan and buying the AC expansion separately vs the new plan is only $5 a year. Which makes me wonder if they’re going to offer something similar each year or if it’s just an introductory thing

does the AC expansion get permanently added to your account? or do you lose access to the expansion if you let your fancy subscription lapse

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lutha Mahtin posted:

does the AC expansion get permanently added to your account? or do you lose access to the expansion if you let your fancy subscription lapse

you lose access to it, but some features remain so it doesnt break your game

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fungah! posted:

exactly. also its not like youre not gonna own switch online, so its only 30 more per year. if you do anything with the animal corssing stuff or beat more than one game on 64 in the next year its fine. people getting up in arms over small poo poo

I’m probably just gonna buy the animal crossing expack straight up. If I ever wanna play n64 games, I’ll sign up for a month.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Joke's on you, they don't offer it monthly. Probably specifically so people don't try out the AC DLC for $2.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

American McGay posted:

Joke's on you, they don't offer it monthly. Probably specifically so people don't try out the AC DLC for $2.

poo poo...I didn't even think about that. Nintendo, you beautiful bastards...u got me again.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i dont have the pass yet but imo the N64 games look fine. there are some technical glitches and maybe some input lag but if you just want to play starfox 64 or Ocarina of Time then you can still do that and probably won't notice anything too off

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

ArfJason posted:

mappy ftw

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Mappy land is a great game. More people should play it.

Playing Ristar for the first time thanks to NINTENDO SWITCH ONLINE WITH EXPANSION PACK. This game is very pretty and I suck at the swinging mechanic.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i dont have the pass yet but imo the N64 games look fine. there are some technical glitches and maybe some input lag but if you just want to play starfox 64 or Ocarina of Time then you can still do that and probably won't notice anything too off

To be fair I think it's just the price point that's making people feel more strongly about their criticisms of it

Some of the games emulating in a worse state than they did on the Wii in 2006 feels vaguely insulting when you're ponying up a 150% premium

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
they're putting the absolute bare minimum of effort in releasing their old games when they could be doing so much better

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tato posted:

Mappy land is a great game. More people should play it.

Playing Ristar for the first time thanks to NINTENDO SWITCH ONLINE WITH EXPANSION PACK. This game is very pretty and I suck at the swinging mechanic.

the genesis lineup is pretty solid since it all seems to be sega of japan stuff and not sega of america turds [sonic 2, comix zone, etc]

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

mycophobia posted:

they're putting the absolute bare minimum of effort in releasing their old games when they could be doing so much better

Yeah, they did a lot of extremely good emulation for Wii VC so we know they can do it if they wanted to.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

the genesis lineup is pretty solid since it all seems to be sega of japan stuff and not sega of america turds [sonic 2, comix zone, etc]

It's SaGa of Japan.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

mysterious loyall X posted:

I like comix zone even though it has like 3 enemies the entire game. I kinda wouldn't mind getting crap like greendog and the ooze, I'd probably play through them all with rewind available and the music is always cool.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

where's boogerman: a pick and flick adventure?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

b_d posted:

where's boogerman: a pick and flick adventure?

turn off your monitor :D

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

i'll give you a new boogerman for $375,000 US dollars, a small price to pay

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/boogerman20th/boogerman-20th-anniversary-the-video-game?ref=recently_launched

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ristar ftw

copy
Jul 26, 2007

ArfJason posted:

ristar ftw

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Haha, a classic joke advertisement in 90s Nickelodeon comic books

Edit: Wait, it was real?! :wth:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

mycophobia posted:

Lobster Harmonica posted:

To be fair I think it's just the price point that's making people feel more strongly about their criticisms of it

Some of the games emulating in a worse state than they did on the Wii in 2006 feels vaguely insulting when you're ponying up a 150% premium

these are fair criticisms and also why i havent purchased the expansion pass atm

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

just getting star fox 64 on the big tv and without having to fiddle with the input settings to get a controller to work is worth that price IMO. i've paid close to that much for SNES games i wanted to replay in the living room. i do wish that at some point nintendo would get their emulation to the point where the options, customization, etc. are at least as good as like... ZSNES or even loving NESticle.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

sin and punishment rules. I should hunt down a copy of the Wii one

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
pokemon is sponsoring sumo wrestling for a few months. the ancient man dressed like a shinto priest that referees the matches is getting a pokemon themed silk outfit for january which is surprisingly fun for an organisation that frowns heavily at fun. here's an article claiming this to be what we've all been waiting for.

https://kotaku.com/the-pokemon-x-sumo-collab-weve-been-waiting-for-1847943551

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Augus posted:

sin and punishment rules. I should hunt down a copy of the Wii one

It's pretty fun too but I enjoy the n64 one more

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
https://twitter.com/mariobrothblog/status/1454092805928890376?s=21

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Explaining to the other bros in the gym that I'm not actually getting bigger, my gains just appear impressive because I've been using machines closer to their visual vantage point.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

jp eshop has a cute mario thing up for halloween again this year

https://twitter.com/TheFungah/status/1454192343955898368

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Cheep Cheep witch is aces

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Kamek dressed up as a Klansman? And some folks still say Nintendo isn’t racist…

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah! posted:

jp eshop has a cute mario thing up for halloween again this year

https://twitter.com/TheFungah/status/1454192343955898368

hell yeah. thank you nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Very cute. I love pumpkin head dry bones