Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It's the natural consequence of a system designed by lawyers.

You’re welcome! :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I love in NoVa and at this point the only thing that actually makes me excited to vote McAuliffe are Youngkin's attack ads during football games.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also lol Cuomo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...3e2d_story.html

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
I hate anyone who posts that uncanny valley freak's likeness

Edit: every time i see him i think of opening the door to a dark room and then when you turn on the light, all you see is a human corpse laying on the floor, torso savagely ripped apart, only for a near-human creature to pick its bloody head up from its latest kill and current meal and stare at you with its beady little eyes, showing a look of both fear and contempt.

My Spirit Otter fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 28, 2021

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

My Spirit Otter posted:

Edit: every time i see him i think of opening the door to a dark room and then when you turn on the light, all you see is a human corpse laying on the floor, torso savagely ripped apart, only for a near-human creature to pick its bloody head up from its latest kill and current meal and stare at you with its beady little eyes, showing a look of both fear and contempt.

Ugh yeah. I'm no fan of bezos, gates, or musk but they look presentable. zuck looks off, like he is super protective of a quack stylist despite pleas from FB's PR dept.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Reminder that Zuck's wax sculpture at Madam Tussaud's looks more human than he actually does

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Quality Control at madam tussauds gonna be pissed. Now they've got to remake all the uglier statues

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Progressives won the round, see y'all next (transportation) week!

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1453842128346419203?t=j0NXwds9JzPjUtOFhikr_g&s=19

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Reminder that Zuck's wax sculpture at Madam Tussaud's looks more human than he actually does

Holy gently caress.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

The Zuckernator is an infiltration unit, part man – part machine. Underneath it's a hyperalloy combat chassis, microprocessor-controlled, fully armored, very tough. But outside it's living human tissue. Flesh, skin, hair, blood, grown for the cyborgs.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So were they trying to add more paid family leave or what exactly is the deal

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
My 5G nanobots have been boosted.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

ded posted:

So were they trying to add more paid family leave or what exactly is the deal

Yep, Democrats wanted 12 weeks of paid family/sick leave and Manchin said that costs businesses too much money. Simple as that, basically.

As for Virginia talk (note: I'm not in the area):

https://twitter.com/DougHeye/status/1453851608366952487?t=kb8vJHW6BlQDstrBr3RxXQ&s=19

Youngkin is basically running on pure sugar for Republicans on education and it's firing up everyone who wants to put books on slavery in a burn pit along with masks. TMac is running on school mask mandates and standard democratic stuff as DC is waffling. It's a Biden +9 state, so Youngkin is doing a Donnie Dance and trying to fire up the chuds, while keeping Donnie out of the state, while also reminding the highly educated areas how much the teachers unions hosed up. TMac is trying to nationalize the race while Biden's approval ratings are in the shitter because the economy is weird.

Like Cali though, this poll is probably exactly what TMac wants to turn out Democrats.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Anecdotally, noticed a lot of properties that have had D signs most years past either don't have one this time, or just have local races and not state wide. Even a limited few that that have Youngkin or R signs now. If yard signs were a legit polling metric in Virginia...

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

This is you. This is you on.. I have no idea but whatever the crap it is I hope I never do that by accident.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Hexyflexy posted:

This is you. This is you on.. I have no idea but whatever the crap it is I hope I never do that by accident.

90s vs. "recently":

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ositanwanevu/status/1453836111365685251?s=21

I have terrible news: this guy may well be right, ref “best in generations.”

:negative:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BIG HEADLINE posted:

90s vs. "recently":

What's with the picture of J.K. Simmons on the right?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Bring me spiderman in 2 days or less

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

The fuckin' hubris of Facebook attempting to co-opt a word from normal language.

Melt their rear end down.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Sacrist65 posted:

https://twitter.com/TheInsiderPaper/status/1453775255349207057?s=20

VR chat but its your anti-vaxx cousin sending you 3d videos of Dan Bongino

Conner O'Malley did it better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cBiyWlYous&t=40s

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

It’s loving 2021. We have computers that allow us access to almost all of the information in the world the we can fit in our pockets (and occasionally make phone calls with them), targeting technology that can put a missile packed with knifes through the roof of a car and only kill one person, and all kinds of other technological marvels that would be so goddamned cool in a Sean Connery-era Bond movie. And instead of getting cool billionaire super villains to match, we get the stupidest crap our lovely new gilded age can vomit at us. gently caress Bezos and Musk jousting each other with their dick rockets and Zuck trying to reorder the Internet to reflect the ideals of a stunted fascist who wanted to perv on his classmates without any social interaction. I want Hank Scorpio with an orbital death laser. This poo poo sucks.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Good news, everyone! Automobile-related traffic fatalities are up for the first half of the year have seen their largest increase ever, jumping 18% over the same period the previous year. It's not simply a matter of more people on the roads this year than last as, despite the decline in vehicle miles traveled, there was no significant drop in fatalities in the first half of 2020.

Wait, no, this is bad news. Silly me. Oh well, I'm sure if the industry keeps making cars heavier and heavier and we keep lifting our pickup trucks higher and higher we'll solve the growing plague of auto-related fatalities in no time.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
People have been driving like straight assholes since the "lockdown" it is absolutely noticeably worse, I know I am not alone in this

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Untagged posted:

Anecdotally, noticed a lot of properties that have had D signs most years past either don't have one this time, or just have local races and not state wide. Even a limited few that that have Youngkin or R signs now. If yard signs were a legit polling metric in Virginia...

I think I saw maybe 2-3 Trump signs near Old Town Alexandria.

I'm seeing a lot of Youngkin signs not 50/50 but a lot more than last year... But yes, the Ds took out the Hillary playbook in 2021 and thought it was a good idea.

My totally non-scientific guess is Youngkin is going to win by a 5-8%.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

US Berder Patrol posted:

People have been driving like straight assholes since the "lockdown" it is absolutely noticeably worse, I know I am not alone in this

Buy a dashcam, preferably with an included rear facing camera.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

TCD posted:

I think I saw maybe 2-3 Trump signs near Old Town Alexandria.

I'm seeing a lot of Youngkin signs not 50/50 but a lot more than last year... But yes, the Ds took out the Hillary playbook in 2021 and thought it was a good idea.

My totally non-scientific guess is Youngkin is going to win by a 5-8%.

The fliers and canvases I'm getting aren't even telling me to vote McAuliffe. They're literally just saying "please vote". Strong "please clap" energy.

The only time I get fired up to vote is when I see the attack ads about how McAuliffe will make school nurses vaccinate kids with critical race theory.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
We've pretty much plateaued at best or at worst are on the up swing of fatalities per mile driven purely thanks to the American ego's need of bigger, heavier and up-armored. This is before you even factor in the type of rear end in a top hat driving this development.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Proud Christian Mom posted:

This is before you even factor in the type of rear end in a top hat driving

yep

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

US Berder Patrol posted:

Absolutely. Everyone I've talked to thinks this.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I'm so glad that I no longer have a job that requires me to drive everywhere.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If I was purely a spiteful voter, my only motivation in the Virginia election would be to vote for who annoyed me less with campaign ads.

Unfortunately I am still undecided.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Soylent Pudding posted:

The fliers and canvases I'm getting aren't even telling me to vote McAuliffe. They're literally just saying "please vote". Strong "please clap" energy.

The only time I get fired up to vote is when I see the attack ads about how McAuliffe will make school nurses vaccinate kids with critical race theory.

It also doesn't help that both candidates are pulling the "Coke machines in the cafeteria" trick, promising poo poo that will almost definitely take longer than their fixed four year term* to implement.

* for those who aren't aware, governors can't run for a consecutive term in Virginia - they have to wait four years. It sucks and leads to governors who have no investiture in the state because they don't have to worry about re-election, only what to do *next* with the earned political capital of an election victory.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Absolutely. Everyone I've talked to thinks this.
Yeah Ive noticed it too, though in my case, I've been overseas for the past few years and recently moved back to the US. But people weren't doing crap like driving on shoulders and sidewalks before I left. I wonder what the deal is. Does COVID infection make people more aggressive or something?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

My Spirit Otter posted:

Y'know the thing about a Zuck, he's got lifeless eyes... Black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ye, doesn't seem to be livin... Until he bites ye, and those black eyes roll over white, and then.... Then ye hear that terrible high-pitched screamin

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I drove to the ren fair the other weekend and their was some crazy aggressive driving even by DC standards. Multiple times I got overtaken in the right by someone merging into the highway despite their being room behind me and despite there not actually being enough room to overtake me before their lane turned into concrete wall. Love slamming on the brakes while my girlfriend has a neck injury because the other driver has to choose between hitting the concrete or swerving into my car.

Also in case my last post needed clarification I am pro CRT vaccinations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
loving Joe trying to talk baseball analogies to the pope. Wtf.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

loving Joe trying to talk baseball analogies to the pope. Wtf.

Better then the usual Vatican discussion of which kids on the trip are hot.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just remembering when Sean Spicer tried to meet the pope and trump said no. Lol.

He did eventually mee the pope, but that snub was loving hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Future Well There's Your Problem just dropped:

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1454066828918001678

quote:

McFadden draws striking comparisons between Munger Hall and other large structures to illustrate its colossal footprint. Currently, he said, the largest single dormitory in the world is Bancroft Hall at the U.S. Naval Academy, which houses 4,000 students and is composed of multiple wings wrapped around numerous courtyards with over 25 entrances.

“Munger Hall, in comparison, is a single block housing 4,500 students with two entrances,” McFadden said, and would qualify as the eighth densest neighborhood on the planet, falling just short of Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Rich 97-year old Berkshire Hathaway gently caress gives UCSB $200M for a $1.5B dorm on the condition that they use his blueprints (he is not an architect) without any changes. 94% of rich gently caress's approved rooms have zero windows and are designed to be unlivable so that students "collaborate" in a shared space. Ideal for: college students, in a pandemic, that are always known to get along well. UCSB is all like SOLD, when do we break ground?

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Oct 29, 2021