Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

I don't go out socially, I haven't since this whole thing began and I don't know that I will for some time yet. I still mask outdoors, I put the mask on when I leave the house and it doesn't come off until I am back. But everybody else is pretty much pandemic's over. Bars and restaurants are packed. More people wear masks under their nose indoors, nobody wears them outdoors, though I can't be surprised there.

I get that some people are "done with this poo poo" but I refuse to give an inch while the risks are still death, even double vaccinated.

Also laughed when the fake exemptions lovely Dr's were supplying in BC included Atopy related illnesses when mine have generally improved with masking.

Syfe fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006
Guten Abend, meine Damen und Herren.

Syfe posted:

I get that some people are "done with this poo poo" but I refuse to give an inch while the risks are still death, even double vaccinated.

The risk of severe illness or death if you're fully vaccinated is truly insignificant unless you're immunocompromised.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

tagesschau posted:

The risk of severe illness or death if you're fully vaccinated is truly insignificant unless you're immunocompromised.

Some of my daily medications are immunosuppressive, to what degree I'm not sure, but I'm still at a higher risk.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

I am in a big risk group for death unvaccinated, and even though I’m double vaxxed I still freak out about it. Going out Tuesday night to a concert was the first big thing I’ve done since Covid began, and it was wonderful to do something “normal” - but I’m going to keep masking everywhere and watch my health like a hawk for the next two weeks. I’m also not going to another crowd event now that I know they aren’t checking the QR codes all the time.

So what if this means I don’t go out? I’d rather not loving die. And until all the unvaxxinated people either get vaccinated or die off I won’t. You can’t trust your fellow man to not be a stupid fucker.

Capri Sunrise
May 16, 2008

Elephants are mammals of the family Elephantidae and the largest existing land animals. Three species are currently recognised: the African bush elephant, the African forest elephant, and the Asian elephant.

Syfe posted:

I don't go out socially, I haven't since this whole thing began and I don't know that I will for some time yet. I still mask outdoors, I put the mask on when I leave the house and it doesn't come off until I am back. But everybody else is pretty much pandemic's over. Bars and restaurants are packed. More people wear masks under their nose indoors, nobody wears them outdoors, though I can't be surprised there.

Are you waiting until complete COVID 0? I'm sort of skeptical that will occur personally - I think it's always going to be an existing risk even 5-10+ years from now. It's of course a personal choice but I do wonder what approach the more stringent individuals will take if the horizon kicks out for years or it just becomes a regular occurrence like other airborne illnesses.

While I comply with all of the rules etc. I'm at a point where meeting with friends, catching a baseball game etc. are all reasonable risks (especially with such a low risk of severe complications at my age and vaccination status).

I am also a public sector worker who has to be in the office 3x a week with many colleagues present as well.

Capri Sunrise fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 29, 2021

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
0 risk is pretty much impossible. At this point it is all about mitigating risk and figuring out what best suits you. if you think large crowds are too risky avoid large crowds. If you think not wearing a mask outdoors is too risky wear a mask outdoors. At this point though, at least personally, I find that there is risk of death every time I leave the front door from a whole range of things (I've already been hit by a car once this year while biking and am pretty lucky to still be alive and without any spinal damage or head trauma but that doesn't mean I haven't gotten back on a bike once I was able to or never crossed a road again) and it is about doing what you think is the safest for you.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Madkal posted:

0 risk is pretty much impossible. At this point it is all about mitigating risk and figuring out what best suits you. if you think large crowds are too risky avoid large crowds. If you think not wearing a mask outdoors is too risky wear a mask outdoors. At this point though, at least personally, I find that there is risk of death every time I leave the front door from a whole range of things (I've already been hit by a car once this year while biking and am pretty lucky to still be alive and without any spinal damage or head trauma but that doesn't mean I haven't gotten back on a bike once I was able to or never crossed a road again) and it is about doing what you think is the safest for you.

I agree with this 100%. Well put.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

Capri Sunrise posted:

Are you waiting until complete COVID 0? I'm sort of skeptical that will occur personally - I think it's always going to be an existing risk even 5-10+ years from now. It's of course a personal choice but I do wonder what approach the more stringent individuals will take if the horizon kicks out for years or it just becomes a regular occurrence like other airborne illnesses.

While I comply with all of the rules etc. I'm a point where meeting with friends, catching a baseball game etc. are all reasonable risks (especially with such a low risk of severe complications at my age and vaccination status).

I am also a public sector worker who has to be in the office 3x a week with many colleagues present as well.

I don't know yet know how I feel about the long term but I am comfortable with the measures I do take, as I said masking actively helps me, even if we reached covid 0 I would still mask up now for my health. I guess though as well, I can't goto restaurants or bars due to dietary restrictions anyway, I live where I have no family, so calls and video chat with family were already the norm. I already had restrictions on my life due to my health and situation, so I guess that little bit more doesn't bug me as much. I already shrugged at going to the theatre to see something, covid existing as a known just makes the choice definitive not to go. Full hermit doesn't bug me, but I know it's not for everyone, but again my existing medical conditions has meant some level of isolation my entire life, it was impossible for me to miss things that other people enjoy freely anyway.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

ChickenDoodle posted:

I am in a big risk group for death unvaccinated, and even though I’m double vaxxed I still freak out about it. Going out Tuesday night to a concert was the first big thing I’ve done since Covid began, and it was wonderful to do something “normal” - but I’m going to keep masking everywhere and watch my health like a hawk for the next two weeks. I’m also not going to another crowd event now that I know they aren’t checking the QR codes all the time.

So what if this means I don’t go out? I’d rather not loving die. And until all the unvaxxinated people either get vaccinated or die off I won’t. You can’t trust your fellow man to not be a stupid fucker.

Everyone has their own risk assessments, so no sweat at all if you're personally only comfortable with no social contact, but going out doesn't need to be a concert. I'm pretty heavily immunocompromised (gently caress tacro and prednisone forever), and my personal line is indoor social activities only with very close friends and family (basically less than 10 people right now), and outdoor socialization with a larger group. It's starting to suck coming up to the winter and no one wants to be outside anymore (and restaurants have given up completely on patios now that they can have full capacity inside), but it still doesn't feel nearly as isolating as last year.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Woooo canada's first NDP prime minister

quote:

“This is Canada’s first NDP prime minister,” said one Liberal
-National Post, October 27th, 2021

Balls, even Liberals are nervous about Trudeau’s new cabinet.

Justin Trudeau continues to push further and further to the left and now even Liberals are saying they don’t see themselves in the Party anymore.

Trudeau appointed a group of largely inexperienced ideologues who represent a real risk to our economic prosperity and national unity.

Liberal MPs and insiders are starting to see just how incompetent the leadership of Justin Trudeau really is.

Mr. Trudeau said it himself, he doesn’t think about monetary policy.

A Liberal MP even noted, “The only pro-business thing Trudeau has ever done is legalize weed.”

Canadians deserve better.

The priority right now should be securing jobs for Canadians and rebuilding our economy.

Instead, Canadians will only continue to get high prices, higher taxes, and smaller paycheques.

Justin Trudeau is making life harder for Canadians while Conservatives fight to make life easier. Help push Canada’s Conservatives ahead to fight for you and your family with a contribution today.

Canada’s Conservatives will fight Justin Trudeau every step of the way on his failed economic policies.

Your friends,

Conservative Party of Canada

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Cry of a wounded animal.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Are you Balls?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
National post? More like National fart

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

It's like trying to invoke the boogieman of a good time.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

is Tristan Hopper now writing for the Conservative party

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

enki42 posted:

Everyone has their own risk assessments, so no sweat at all if you're personally only comfortable with no social contact, but going out doesn't need to be a concert. I'm pretty heavily immunocompromised (gently caress tacro and prednisone forever), and my personal line is indoor social activities only with very close friends and family (basically less than 10 people right now), and outdoor socialization with a larger group. It's starting to suck coming up to the winter and no one wants to be outside anymore (and restaurants have given up completely on patios now that they can have full capacity inside), but it still doesn't feel nearly as isolating as last year.

Oh yes, sorry, I mean things like concerts and games are 100% a no go for me now. I’m good with restaurants that scan peoples’ info. I’ve not tried a movie theatre yet but I usually go VIP anyway when I do so I’m sure that should be fine.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Postess with the Mostest posted:

It's okay, arbeit macht Freeland is going to save us from the bad man and his crazy leftist politics.

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao
Today I got called out to a site to help a client fix the tarp over their tent (pretty cool and windy tonight where I am). Police were there but would not assist the client because what if someone takes photos of them assisting, it might look like they're tearing down the camp which would be bad publicity. This isn't a second hand story or rumour or anything, it was the police that called me and told me that lol.

Took about 15 minutes to hold some parts taut while the client tied off stuff.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

The motive hasn't been officially confirmed yet but it sounds like someone who got put on leave for refusing to get vaccinated started killing people, and attacked one person in the hospital.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/seven-oaks-hospital-assault-update-1.6228462

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Coxswain Balls posted:

The motive hasn't been officially confirmed yet but it sounds like someone who got put on leave for refusing to get vaccinated started killing people, and attacked one person in the hospital.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/seven-oaks-hospital-assault-update-1.6228462

I'm not for the death penalty in general, but maybe we could have a little bit, as a treat.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
What is it that's making so many people just completely unravel like this?

It's the Internet, isn't it.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I'd probably go with stress from extended isolation triggering latent mental illness in people who have no coping skills or support networks, but yeah, it could be the internet

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 29, 2021

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

EvilJoven posted:

What is it that's making so many people just completely unravel like this?

It's the Internet, isn't it.

Unhealthy combination of global pandemic, isolation, unraveling of the social safety net, and Facebook.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
My chips are on frustrated incel, two of the victims were his parents. Also, goddam

quote:

“(The doctor) literally had to put his hand inside the nurse's neck to stop the bleeding,” said a hospital source. “When the clerk announced for security on the loudspeaker, she forgot to hang up the line and everybody from their hospital rooms (and the) lobby had to listen to the yells and screaming for help from the doctors and nurses.

“It was all on the loudspeaker, (the) wailing out throughout the hospital.”

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Winnipeg was barely locked down.

This is some psycho that needs to be chucked off the top of a building. Imagine killing your loving parents. Absolutely vile.

It’s spreading in the nursing community like fire. Wife’s friend literally worked with him last week.

This piece of trash was so brainwashed that even with a nursing background went psycho on vax requirements and almost killed his manager. He deserves to rot along with all other anti-vaxx morons.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Furnaceface posted:

Unhealthy combination of global pandemic, isolation, unraveling of the social safety net, and Facebook.

Yes, the very root is radicalization, and it's been directed top-down by government representatives in a variety of countries.

It's a bit tiring to always invoke Trump, but I think it's true that online radicalization grew enormously during his tenure. He encouraged radicalization of the GOP faithful which in turn meant that many Republicans had to do the same to ensure they would get re-elected and retain power within the party. When public representatives are the ones talking about election fraud and attending events where armed attacks are seriously discussed (and executed re: the capitol) then the actual radicals are completely off the map. And of course for some idiotic reason there's Trumpers all over Canada too and the Bernier fans so the infection spreads.

You think there might be something to it if your Rep./MP talks about <some right-wing conspiracy> so you join your local "<location-name> Proud" group. Links are posted to other groups, and you get deeper, and before you know it you're posting memes about hanging Trudeau and thinking it's a great idea to follow his campaign bus to throw rocks at him.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

This piece of trash was so brainwashed that even with a nursing background went psycho on vax requirements

I have some potentially shocking news about a significant number of nurses and other healthcare workers

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

https://twitter.com/cbcnewsbc/status/1454025974543261698?s=21

tldr he isn't doing poo poo

FYI, almost all major grocery stores in the lower mainland are owned by Pattison and Weston.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

The man looks like an incredibly time consuming goblin prosthetic from an 80 horror movie.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

half cocaine posted:

https://twitter.com/cbcnewsbc/status/1454025974543261698?s=21

tldr he isn't doing poo poo

FYI, almost all major grocery stores in the lower mainland are owned by Pattison and Weston.

the bit about how he's trying to make changes in his personal life to reduce impact on the environment, oh except for the yacht and the private jet is just :discourse:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He'll be dead soon but the money will continue to be hoarded.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Don't you dare suggest inheritance taxes.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Also it was confirmed on CTV that anti-vaxx murderer did kill both his parents.

Local tiny dick Patrick Allard weighed in during the live update:

Needs a good punch in the face. This guy has been openly posting about anti-vaxx parties and other poo poo. Even had an arrest warrant. I hope he gets what's coming to him.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

I think Season Two was where the show really got on its feet. The episode with Martin Downey Jr. was really great, as were the Harry Anderson episode and the one about the circus. I have a box set of all of the seasons, I should check out a few over Halloween.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

Also it was confirmed on CTV that anti-vaxx murderer did kill both his parents.

Local tiny dick Patrick Allard weighed in during the live update:

Needs a good punch in the face. This guy has been openly posting about anti-vaxx parties and other poo poo. Even had an arrest warrant. I hope he gets what's coming to him.

I am offended when people call him a ghoul. Ghouls did nothing to deserve being associated with the likes of him. There are few people that make me wish Karma would hurry it's sweet rear end up like him.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

half cocaine posted:

Don't you dare suggest inheritance taxes.
I think Jimmy's one of those "screw everyone, especially my kids. Pile my tomb high with lucre. I'm taking it with me" types.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

If lucre is so filthy then explain how I'm bathing in toonies right now, hmm?

e: jfc autocorrect

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 29, 2021

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Union on strike in New Brunswick so schools are closed and Higgs is complaining that CUPE is being irresponsible by striking during a pandemic.

gently caress off Higgs.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

blame blaine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So the Feds are going to continue fighting against compensation for first nations kids.