Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Cowcaster posted:

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1453819673242476563?s=20

i have my fingers crossed that it's awesome news and not "drawing these massive intricate updates on this loving awesome GOAT comic has exploded each of my hands followed by each of my arms and i need to cut back"

He's put the line art for the first three pages up on his Patreon already, so I wouldn't worry.

Cowcaster posted:

i thought he switched from ~3-4 pages a week spread out over a few days to like ~8-10 pages a week all dumped on fridays

This seems like too much? Abbadon had a steady Tue-Fri release schedule of mostly one page on each day. Over the last couple months he's moved up to 3-4 pages per week. Or did you mean homestuck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yeah 4 - 5 pages per week would be very much an increase in output, he was on 2 pages per week for a long time.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
he recently said switching to this one update schedule actually upped his output cause hes been drawing three pages instead of two

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
what is operant going to do with his life when this is finally done

he's going to wake up in the dead of night to find that he's sleep-drawn entire triptychs on his bedroom walls with toothpaste and strawberry preserves

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

he's going to wake up in the dead of night to find that he's sleep-drawn entire triptychs on his bedroom walls with toothpaste and strawberry preserves

A new TTRPG every week for the next ten years.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

He said somewhere that he can't wait to finish this because it gave him so many more ideas for future stuff, so as long as the ending isn't game of thrones bad then I'm excited for what's next. Also lancer does look cool as hell, I have to find some people to play it with.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

It's gonna be worth it

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Oxxidation posted:

Draw Six Billion Comics

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Dracula Factory posted:

He said somewhere that he can't wait to finish this because it gave him so many more ideas for future stuff, so as long as the ending isn't game of thrones bad then I'm excited for what's next. Also lancer does look cool as hell, I have to find some people to play it with.

i remember being like "dang lancer is rad seeming" "dang i've been wanting an excuse to write a GM assistant bot" "dang this is way too above my level lmao start with hello world my dude" in the space of like 120 seconds

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

SniperWoreConverse posted:

i remember being like "dang lancer is rad seeming" "dang i've been wanting an excuse to write a GM assistant bot" "dang this is way too above my level lmao start with hello world my dude" in the space of like 120 seconds

Are you familiar with Comp/Con?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Nope!

Makes sense this would have been done

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Bussamove posted:

A new TTRPG every week for the next ten years.

I'd be ok with this.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah 4 - 5 pages per week would be very much an increase in output, he was on 2 pages per week for a long time.

guess i was wrong but i just love his comic and don't want him to feel like he needs to make his hands explode making it, followed by his arms

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
This section on David is autobiographical. He's using the secret technique, destroying himself to finish the comic with unparalleled mastery.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

GlyphGryph posted:

This section on David is autobiographical. He's using the secret technique, destroying himself to finish the comic with unparalleled mastery.

Abaddon is Dave and Jagganoth is Disney?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Gog is memes

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Yeah, Lancer is an excellent system and Comp/Con is an incredible tool for GMs. Makes so much so easy to keep track of.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Rahul posted:

Are you familiar with Comp/Con?

CompCon is literally the best companion app I've ever used for a TTRPG. It's wonderful.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

YaketySass posted:

Gog is a gog

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
If Abbadon announced a Lancer comic I would flip

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Shoehead posted:

If Abbadon announced a Lancer literally any comic I would flip
Let us be honest here

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

World Famous W posted:

Let us be honest here

Kiss Six Billion Vampires: A Twilight Saga

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

the holy poopacy posted:

Kiss Six Billion Vampires: A Twilight Saga

Still in. He'd make it awesome despite itself.

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib

Shoehead posted:

dear god

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

YaketySass posted:

Gog is memes

Actually what IS Gog doing right now? Because we're down a few demiurges, Jagganoth's... occupied... and Gog functionally has free-run of multiple undefended domains :ohdear:.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
so a thing crossed my mind

in addition to us not really getting to see Jadis' Whole Deal yet, and her being ominously presented in the intro page, and her not yet having been summarily pulped by the World's Most Violent Man,

she was there for jagganoth's whole thing about "actually zoss has been resetting time for the last ten bazillion iterations"

So, Jadis' primary issue, as it's been told to us, isn't just "saw the wheel, brain exploded", it's "believes everything she will ever do is preordained and so can't be assed". What happens when she is presented with a compelling argument that fate is bullshit and at least one entity can keep turning the universe off and back on again until he gets what he's after?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Shoehead posted:

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Oxxidation posted:

IIRC a comic he's mentioned wanting to do next is like an action comic about assassins with minor superpowers fighting their way up a tower that has a billion dollars at the top. I think the Rubber Bunny character he's posted a few times is concept art for that.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Down With People posted:

IIRC a comic he's mentioned wanting to do next is like an action comic about assassins with minor superpowers fighting their way up a tower that has a billion dollars at the top. I think the Rubber Bunny character he's posted a few times is concept art for that.

This sounds a lot like Tower of God.

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

GreyjoyBastard posted:

so a thing crossed my mind

in addition to us not really getting to see Jadis' Whole Deal yet, and her being ominously presented in the intro page, and her not yet having been summarily pulped by the World's Most Violent Man,

she was there for jagganoth's whole thing about "actually zoss has been resetting time for the last ten bazillion iterations"

So, Jadis' primary issue, as it's been told to us, isn't just "saw the wheel, brain exploded", it's "believes everything she will ever do is preordained and so can't be assed". What happens when she is presented with a compelling argument that fate is bullshit and at least one entity can keep turning the universe off and back on again until he gets what he's after?

my understanding was that every turn of the wheel, every moment of every timeline, would be included in true omniscience. anything less would be imperfect.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

This is precisely the kind of setting where omniscience would in fact miss something huge and important because it's happening in a cheaty way.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

incomplete omniscience is an oxymoron which is a really stupid animal that pulls carts

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Incomplete omniscience is just what happens when somebody *thinks* they're omniscient but actually they aren't.

It might turn out that while Jadis thinks she saw the future history of the wheel, what she actually got was a replay of how the previous iteration played out and she misunderstood it. Alison is a wild divergence from what happened last time Zoss chose an heir, so while things may have played out pretty similarly for a while history has gone completely off the rails by this point. Under this take, Aspected Chaos would definitely not have been part of the script Jadis was reading from.

Maybe she'll handle it well. Maybe she won't. It'll probably be an interesting reaction either way!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i'm pretty sure that when jadis saw everything, she saw everything. operant's stated that she's literally incapable of being wrong

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

So she saw the script for the comic?

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
she went insane and cubed herself because no being, be they mortal, angel, or god, can handle the power of the entirety of k6bd absorbed in an instant

Mimesweeper fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Oct 31, 2021

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The last person who did it I think fully melted (or was it just her eyes?) so I think she got off light

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
aesma's eyes exploded but she was pretty much fine besides that

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oxxidation posted:

i'm pretty sure that when jadis saw everything, she saw everything. operant's stated that she's literally incapable of being wrong

She saw someone blasting rope to waluigi hentai and unlike jesus couldnt handle it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm wondering if she merely saw the truth of things with Zoss astride the wheel, and Turning it as he pleased, and hosed up trying to kill herself to subjectively bail on the current Loop.