Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Whorelord posted:

please for the love of god do not name your daughter mildred

Name her Mordred instead.

E: My son turns five in December. He doesn't like his middle name (George) and has decided it's now McKenzie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Sticking kids with a name-for-life at birth is dumb. You don't know anything about them yet! People should have a completely disposable name at birth, be given a proper childhood name somewhere from 4-6 when they have an actual personality to go off of, and then they should pick their own adult name when they're old enough.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The worst part about every r/r post is the part where they come back to "clarify" things after the comments, and it gets more confusing and broken.

Edit: OK I know it SOUNDS like I'm providing my baby cousin heroin so let me clarify, my sister another through a service I'm depensednelty gotten heroin, which is fine, but when OTHER sister sister got involved is when I wor

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Whorelord posted:

please for the love of god do not name your daughter mildred

Spicyred.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
TIFU by accidentally singing a racist ‘Jingle Bells’ in front of a black friend’s family.

quote:

So, let’s go back to December 2006. A girl friend of mine, let’s call her Hannah, had invited me at her place to study and have lunch with her parents. They are black and came from America, but she was 100% born and raised in Italy.

Anyway, their English was perfect, mine at the time not so much, but still pretty good, ya know?

We study, and then it is lunch time. Hannah was super stoked about Christmas, and she loved to sing. Also, she tried in any way to make me sing along with her. I hated singing, but I knew some songs by heart, none of which too Christmas-y, except for one, and this is where the FU takes place.

You see, I had this stupid habit of singing made-up lyrics when I didn’t know the actual lyrics by heart, just to fill the empty spaces. No big deal, right? Oh boy, was I wrong.

They start singing some American Christmas songs that I didn’t know too well, but then Jingle Bells came along, and I was so proud because I knew the lyrics of that one! Kinda...

So all proud I win my shyness and start singing along. All eyes and ears were on me, so I go:

”Jingle bells, jingle bells,
Jingle all the way.
All well fun, it is too right
with the wonders of the slaves.”

Everyone went silent.
Hannah panicked, they all looked at me in shock.

I had no idea what I just sang, I just thought I was filling the song with random words.

I was looking at them with the: ‘what?’ Look of confusion, still unaware of what I had just said. Hannah turned to her father and was about to say something, when he started laughing uncontrollably.
Her mom joined too and Hannah was relieved.

He said to me in Italian: ‘Do you know what you just sang?’ or something along those lines.

I said no and they explained that to me.
Needless to say, I hid my face in my hands and was super embarrassed, but luckily they understood and were really cool about it.

Of course they still bring that up every time I stay at their place around Christmas time.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Zurtilik posted:

TIFU by accidentally singing a racist ‘Jingle Bells’ in front of a black friend’s family.

the gently caress?

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Brawnfire posted:

the gently caress?

My daughter is three and fills in lyrics she doesn’t know with random words and this is making me cry with laughter.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Tendales posted:

Sticking kids with a name-for-life at birth is dumb. You don't know anything about them yet! People should have a completely disposable name at birth, be given a proper childhood name somewhere from 4-6 when they have an actual personality to go off of, and then they should pick their own adult name when they're old enough.

Societies used to do this around the world for years. I blame the idea that you should be basically an extension of your parents your entire life.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

teen witch posted:

AITA for agreeing with my daughter that I didnt like her name?
Also, anyone just reading this for the first time, you don't need to leave anymore comments, if you're just gonna say YTA. I get the point. I would be interested to see if anyone has any NTA comments and I will definitely try to look and read those tomorrow. Night everyone.
Imagine being so clearly YTA that you need to beg for NTA comments - like, so wrong that you can't even do the normal cherry-picking of comments who agree with you because literally nobody is on your side.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Tendales posted:

If we can give kids old people names like Mildred, we absolutely can, nay, SHOULD!! Go back to poo poo like Mordred and Gwyn.
Gwydre and llacheu are also Hella good names, and I feel like Welsh is honestly the best language for names.

Name kids weird fun poo poo for their first few years of life, then when they gain sentience a little bit let them name themselves. Then let them name themselves properly later on, and once more in adulthood.

Names should be more fluid and fun and not something I have to hold off changing until my mother died because changing one of my four names would break her heart so thoroughly I'd ruin my relationship with her forever. Because gently caress, it's just some noises you throw together who caresssssss.

Stresses me out as someone who wants to have children one day, having to choose the correct and best name for a babby I haven't met yet, and both my partner and I already have so many rules about names that it's gonna have to be some mix of boring and weird, like a little girl called Richard or something. Because a girl has to have a unisex name, because sexism, and we can't name them too ethnic because racism, but we want to honour his heritage, and my heritage has the weird letters that English doesn't like, and it's all just such a fuckin headache.

I wanna be able to name kids like I name my pets, with weird, fun sounding poo poo, that don't matter. I'd name a child Vinkha if I hadn't already named my cat that.

Yolo Swaggins Esq fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 29, 2021

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Brawnfire posted:

the gently caress?

He's phonetically singing a song he doesn't know the lyrics to in a second language. The story makes it clear the only lasting harm is annual ribbing and embarrassment from the in-laws at the holidays.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Ive never understood why people say that politics aren't important enough to choose friends and family based on.

There's a reason you only hear this complaint from conservatives. It's because their politics are garbage and everyone else knows it. Their kids don't talk to them because they can't shut the gently caress up about football players kneeling or whatever.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

Go back to poo poo like Mordred and Gwyn.

Gwyn sounds like a guy who's ready to go NC or throw his children under the bus at the slightest inconvenience, then sit around a campfire and mope until he gets his rear end kicked and his house burns down.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

That's really the amazing thing is if they could shut up they'd get a lot further in life. But they have to go on a rant anytime they hear "Black Lives Matter" or whatever and then I wanna set them on fire.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

My name is the tag you scream to get my attention, I don't have a particular fondness for or against it. People used to ask if I prefer the long or short version and I'd say I didn't care and that seemed to bother them. Now I just say you can call me short version that's what everyone else does. (But I genuinely don't care.)

Sometimes people I don't talk to a lot will call me the wrong name and usually I won't correct them. Some tell me that's a self-esteem issue?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Zurtilik posted:

That's really the amazing thing is if they could shut up they'd get a lot further in life. But they have to go on a rant anytime they hear "Black Lives Matter" or whatever and then I wanna set them on fire.

That's the part I don't get. Last time I saw my step mom in person was Christmas Eve and in the middle of dinner she suddenly blurted out a bunch of transphobic poo poo out of nowhere. It wasn't related to anything we talked about that day. It's like why are you even thinking about this when sitting down for dinner with family you haven't seen in six months?

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

axolotl farmer posted:

Gwyn sounds like a guy who's ready to go NC or throw his children under the bus at the slightest inconvenience, then sit around a campfire and mope until he gets his rear end kicked and his house burns down.

Nah that's Bryn.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Like one time my dad legit out of the blue was like.

"Son it's okay if you're gay... As long as you don't get married."

I think it's because I didn't start dating until college and so he assumed I just didn't like women(?).

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Zurtilik posted:

People used to ask if I prefer the long or short version and I'd say I didn't care and that seemed to bother them.

I get this constantly!

They're both me! Don't make me choose my preference, choose your own! I'm just happy you're willing to use my name instead of whistling and snapping at me

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

I wanna be able to name kids like I name my pets, with weird, fun sounding poo poo, that don't matter. I'd name a child Vinkha if I hadn't already named my cat that.

Vinkha Mk II

E:

Zurtilik posted:

Sometimes people I don't talk to a lot will call me the wrong name and usually I won't correct them. Some tell me that's a self-esteem issue?

Sounds like you got too much self-esteem.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

The name thing is a big thing for me, because I , an adult woman, was given a very manly man name and even though my name is supposed to be unisex, it's definitely a man name. And it was weird growing up with it.
It worked for me as I ended up looking for jobs in a male-dominated field when i was younger. And I will 100% give any female child I have a unisex name because the world is hard enough.

Now I go by Fred, as it is the name anyone who's known me for any amount of time has called me since I was like 13 after a really bad joke my friends wouldn't drop. And it's a good measure for how much people respect me, if they call me a name they think is "silly" even though it's a real name.

Names are stupid and I am scared I will go full Mormon lakynn lady about them sometimes.

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006
My (m34) pregnant wife’s (f26) male friend (m27) threatened me and told ME he loves her

quote:

Well, this is a long one. Thank you to anyone reading the whole thing because I need some loving help.

I have to start off with some background. My wife and I met when we were both on vacation, she is Canadian and I am American. We both kept a long distance relationship going for a couple of months till we met again in Houston Texas (I went to see her there when she was visiting someone). I knew she was the woman I wanted to marry. She knew the same about me. I cannot explain how drop dead gorgeous, sweet, generous, caring and big hearted this woman is, I cannot believe she is mine sometimes. Now having said all this, I trust her 100%. She’s never given me a reason not to. Her and I ended up eloping a year ago after living together for a bit while she was on student visa in the states. She is living in Colorado with me now. She has a great job, I am in law enforcement, we have a beautiful dog and a baby on the way (shes 29 weeks pregnant and looking amazing) Life is great.

She has always told me she has a friend that she met off tinder years ago in Canada. She realized she wasn’t attracted to him the way she thought she would be when they met up so they maintained a platonic relationship because he’s a nice guy and they enjoyed each other’s company. She has tried setting him up with some of her friends, he’s dated some of them. Overall, seems like a fine friendship to me. She always really wanted me to meet him and him to become a friend of ours since she thinks we have a lot in common. No issues here yet for me. He’s in the Canadian military, I have to admit he’s an attractive fit guy, I am as well so that doesn’t bother me but just painting the picture here.

A couple days ago she said that he messaged her that he’s visiting Colorado with some friends. She excitedly asked me if it’s cool for him to have dinner at our house one evening with us since she hasn’t met him in a couple years. I had no issues and agreed. He came over one evening and gently caress this man is IN LOVE with my wife😡

Him and I bonded for most of the evening, he enjoyed dinner and overall it was a great evening till the end. He was extremely sweet to my wife but I was trying my hardest to not let my jealousy get the best of me. Whenever he flirted my wife playfully knocked it down and I’d say something like “hey! Too far” and he’d stop and laugh about it and say sorry. He felt the baby kick once which is weird but whatever.

She went to the washroom, and that’s when poo poo went down. He basically told me that I have an amazing woman, that he wishes sometimes that she’s his, he loves her and basically said to take care of her “or else”. Who the gently caress are you to come into my house and say that to me? He doesn’t know me or anything about me and he was extremely serious when saying all this. That pissed me off but I didn’t take my rage out and just quietly told him to stop talking right now. Things got awkward between him and I because I really just wanted to punch this man in the face but I was keeping calm to not stress out my wife. I told him “how loving dare you come into my house a loving say that to me?” Anyways we kept our cool, and she came out of the washroom. She could feel the tension because he got up to leave after finishing his plate. Thanked her for dinner, hugged her and told her if she ever needs anything to never hesitate contacting him and he glared at me. She was confused and kept asking both of us what was wrong and what happened + why he was leaving so quickly. He said he had to go and nothings wrong, I just couldn’t stop glaring at this piece of poo poo man.

I didn’t trust her being alone with him outside when she walked him out so I waited outside at the door just fuming as she said goodbye to him (I trust her, not him) Yes I should control my rage but what the gently caress.

Anyways when we were inside I told her what was said and how I don’t really want to see him again. I asked her if she had any feelings for him and she reassured me no. She even threw her phone to me and said I can read their convos if she didn’t trust me. I do trust her though I don’t trust him. She was upset with me for making him run off. Anyways I actually did check her phone to see their convos. I shouldn’t have because she got upset with me not trusting her. The convos dating quite far back were all platonic on both ends. Nothing of concern but this guy clearly cares for her. Anyways, you bet she made me sleep on the couch for actually snooping through her phone. I deserved it. I do trust her, but my mind was clouded by anger that night. I’m not a small guy and neither is he, we are both muscular and a fight wouldn’t look good. I kept my calm but I’m also very protective of her. I was so conflicted.

My wife and I are passed that now and we are doing great again. She said she won’t ever talk to him again if I don’t want it but she doesn’t think that’s fair. We both spoke about the night and have moved passed it now. But did I overreact? Am I overreacting with this friendship? I don’t know what to do. gently caress.

tl;dr: a man friend of my wife’s came into my house, told me he loves my wife and threatened me seriously to take care of her “or else”

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Zurtilik posted:

My name is the tag you scream to get my attention, I don't have a particular fondness for or against it. People used to ask if I prefer the long or short version and I'd say I didn't care and that seemed to bother them. Now I just say you can call me short version that's what everyone else does. (But I genuinely don't care.)

The self-esteem thing is probably coming from the assumption that you don't care what you're called because you don't value yourself enough.

It's another thing entirely if you just don't care which arbitrary mouth-noises people make to refer to you by.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I had a job where I had to travel to different sites a lot and one of the supervisor's I didn't like kept calling me like "Ralph" or something totally off and I just let it happen, it made me laugh.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

quote:

The self-esteem thing is probably coming from the assumption that you don't care what you're called because you don't value yourself enough.

It's another thing entirely if you just don't care which arbitrary mouth-noises people make to refer to you by.

That's usually my reply when people say that. But I guess some people can't imagine not caring about their name?
:shrug:

Anyway, I'm gonna go hunt for some content. Be back soon!

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Here's a short, silly one.

American constitution as decoration

quote:

So this story is about a weird roommate rather than a bad one but I wanted to share it anyway. So I was away for the weekend and when I came back, I realized that my roommate had put some more decorations on the walls. When I took a closer look at one of the things, I realized it's the American constitution. This is quite strange because neither of us is American nor do we live in the states. Why does my roommate own a printout of the American constitution and why does he think it's a good idea to hang it up in the kitchen? I also think it's a bit rude of him not to ask me if he could hang it up in the common area but I guess he could have chosen way worse things😂

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Zurtilik posted:

Here's a short, silly one.

American constitution as decoration

I can only imagine this person is one of those weird far-right, Trump-supporting Canadians.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Older brother [21M] stealing money for games from parents [53M,41F], while my parents are in a financial struggle, what should I [19M] do?

quote:

I am 19 years old, with two older brothers and one younger sister. My oldest brother, 22M, has Duchenne muscular dystrophy and is confined to his bed at home. My other brother, 21M, is the person of interest here.

My older brother, 21, has a serious gaming addiction. It’s gotten to a point where it is harming my family mentally and financially.

It all started in November 2014. My brother was in a guild on a MMORPG. That month, he and his internet friends decided to get wasted.. over Skype, which is essentially what he did. He vomited on his laptop and destroyed the $2500 Macbook my parents had given him for college. He went to get it fixed, for $1,800.. He used a cosigned credit card to pay for it, cosigned by my father.

In December 2014, my brother left the house to go to a two-week meet up with his guild. He hadn’t warned us and left without saying a single word. The week prior to that, my father had received notifications of fraudulent activities on his credit/debit cards, which he had apparently lost. We didn’t find out who it was until I personally checked call logs and called the company to release the name of the person who purchased a plane ticket on the card. Essentially, it was my brother. He had wire transferred $3,000 to his bank account and purchased a plane ticket to California for ~$700. Additionally, he withdrew $300 from my other brother’s medicaid SSI account. My parents threatened to kick him out at this point, but didn’t. He returned home with no repercussions. He took the semester off to work at my Mom’s nail salon at 100% pay, meaning he paid for no supplies. He eventually paid them back. I had no problem with this as long as he paid them back and didn’t do it again.

My parents decided to hold his money for him for school. He was disqualified from financial aid, and scholarships for dropping and failing too many classes. My parents had prepaid college set up for him. He accumulated approximately $8000 (after paying his debt) from working between January to July, and then went to school from August - early December. My parents held all of this money. In December 2015, he didn’t come home one day. Undoubtedly I knew where he went.. to California again. I had no problem AS LONG as he paid for it, which at that time I assumed he did. After tuition, fees, books, he only had ~$5,000. My parents held this money.

So here we go again, he took my dad’s credit card, wire transferred $3,000, and left. My dad found out and cancelled the card immediately. What I didn’t know was that he had taken this money from my parents, so I personally wired him $1,500 for his car rental and whatever else over the course 2 weeks in California, assuming that he would pay me back as soon as he came home. Towards the end of the trip, he called my dad and asked for $1,500 to pay for the car. I was unaware of this for a few months. My dad agreed, and sent him $1,500. He came home and my parents deducted what he had taken. However, he had no money to pay me back. His pay went to 60%/40%; 60% is what he earned for the service at the nail salon, 40% went to supplies.

In February 2016, his girlfriend comes over from California and here I am, still out of my $1,500 yet he’s able to go out and spend it on her. I was clearly salty and did not acknowledge the relationship. In mid-March 2016, he decided that he would go to California, without anyone knowing. I wasn’t fine with this as he still had owed me $1,500. I found out as I heard him talking about it on my way to the restroom and figured the date. I told my parents. My dad threatened to kick him out, this is the third time, but my mother didn’t want that. He ended up not going and forfeited the plane ticket. The following weeks, he began paying me back. I was fine with whatever he did, as I was finally receiving my money back.

Here’s where the story gets interesting. April 8th, 2016. My father receives a call from the nail salon’s bank account with suspicious activity. I walk into the house after school and all I hear is yelling. My father demanded that my brother leave the house. I was wondering why. On his office desk, I saw copies of 9 checks, written from Feb 6th, 2016 - April 3rd, 2016, totaling $18,814. They were all issued under my brother’s name, in his handwriting and forged from the business bank account. My eyes widened and I honestly did not know what to do. My father demanded him to go to the bank and withdraw all the money… he had none. My father went to the bank himself and was only able to reverse 1 check for $900. He doesn’t want to report this. My father comes home and demands his bank statements and Paypal statements. I personally review the documents and see that over the past two months, he has spent $150-$500 DAILY on NCSoft, Steam, Nexon, GaiaOnline, etc. I also see several paypal gifts for $50 to an account in California, perhaps to his girlfriend. My dad has decided to abandon him, however can’t as my mom doesn’t want to let him go. He is her son after all. If he would be kicked out, she would worry because he would have no place to go and no job to have.

Two weeks ago, my mother said she saw 10 checks missing from the business checking book, and mistakenly believed that it was a misprint, so she disregarded it. Secondly, my oldest brother, has muscular dystrophy. In February he was admitted to the hospital with severe pneumonia. He suffered a cardiac arrest and the doctors were able to get him stable. A tracheostomy followed and he was finally released just recently. During this time, my father was always at the hospital. He didn’t work so he could care for my oldest brother. He hadn’t checked his bank accounts due to this.

Now, the financial situation my family is in: My parents must pay approximately ~$39,000 in taxes as they are self-employed. My father was recently sued for ~$30,000 for not being able to pay the lease on a property. He had sold his business and the new owner was suppose to now pay the rent. The new owner left the business and stopped paying the rent. The lease was still under my dad's name, so he is legally responsible. My parents still owe ~$250,000 for the house we live in. My parents owe ~$100,000 on the failed business venture to family members. My aunt and her family of 5 total have emigrated to the US, and are currently living under our household. I am starting Optometry school come August, and will be needing to take out Direct Unsubsidized Stafford loans. Originally, my parents had offered to lend me money with no interest, but due to the loss of $19,000, they are currently unable to. I earned a full scholarship for undergrad, and saved excess scholarships towards Optometry school.

What can I do? I was so fed up with my brother’s actions that I have personally told him to leave the house. I am absolutely appalled that someone would actually bite the hands that house and feed them. My father wants him to leave, but my mother rejects and is in a stuck position, where she cannot forgive him and cannot deal with a $19,000 loss. It breaks my heart to see my mother so devastated.

TL;DR; My brother fraudulently forged ~$19,000 in checks off of my parent's business bank account, my parents are stuck on what to do, and I want to help.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
so i went to reddit and the literal top post for me is:
"Je suis amoureuse de mon frère et dans quelques heures je vais lui annoncer mes sentiments."

:wtc:

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

welcome to hell posted:

My (m34) pregnant wife’s (f26) male friend (m27) threatened me and told ME he loves her

Something tells me the friend was legitimately just doing the corny "take care of her or else" thing and this rear end in a top hat tough guy cop took everything way too seriously.

I could suspend that disbelief if he didn't take her up on snooping through their conversations.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Soylent Pudding posted:

That's the part I don't get. Last time I saw my step mom in person was Christmas Eve and in the middle of dinner she suddenly blurted out a bunch of transphobic poo poo out of nowhere. It wasn't related to anything we talked about that day. It's like why are you even thinking about this when sitting down for dinner with family you haven't seen in six months?

I think it's because they're just always angry and always on edge, ready to burst, and they feel a sense of injustice and NEED to talk about it. On that dimension and that dimension alone, I can commiserate. If you start talking to me about how "cool" it is that some 7 year old opened a lemonade stand to pay for his own cancer care, I will slowly build to a boil until I'm screaming about the value of life and time in our limited existence and how humans are basically irredeemable monsters but we have to try to make things better anyway so it won't be that way someday.

But yeah, no, they just get really loving mad at whatever their FB feed or Fox/Newsmax/Daily Stormer tells them to, and it'd be really funny if it didn't hurt people.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

welcome to hell posted:

Most people in relationships should be reminded that they need to take care of their spouse or else (they're going to gently caress another person). But the super aggro way this cop responded probably means he s on his way to join the 40% Club.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Zurtilik posted:

Older brother [21M] stealing money for games from parents [53M,41F], while my parents are in a financial struggle, what should I [19M] do?

Jesus Christ this is abhorrent.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

1stGear posted:

Most people in relationships should be reminded that they need to take care of their spouse or else (they're going to gently caress another person). But the super aggro way this cop responded probably means he s on his way to join the 40% Club.

Is the 40% club the 40% who admit to abusing their partners or the 40% who lie about it?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Soylent Pudding posted:

Is the 40% club the 40% who admit to abusing their partners or the 40% who lie about it?

Yes.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

welcome to hell posted:

What a loving baby. Super stoked he has a position of authority.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

therobit posted:

AITA for getting mad at my trans friends new name?

I know this is late but this is totally bait. This woman has had SURGERIES but is just now picking our her name? I don't think so jim.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Grimdude posted:

Something tells me the friend was legitimately just doing the corny "take care of her or else" thing and this rear end in a top hat tough guy cop took everything way too seriously.

I could suspend that disbelief if he didn't take her up on snooping through their conversations.

And of course he repeats over and over how he could barely prevent himself from physically attacking this dude. I'm even willing to accept the friend was over the line, what kind of loving adult can barely hold back their desire to assault another adult over some perceived relationship slightly (yes, I realize the answer is "a cop")

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It's still stunning to me that people can not only blow thousands and thousands of dollars on toys, they can blow it on virtual toys in video games that will eventually vanish.
Coolranchred.

Gwydre and llacheu are also Hella good names, and I feel like Welsh is honestly the best language for names.
Is there some kind of G and W glut that the UK is trying to unload?

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

quote:

I know this is late but this is totally bait. This woman has had SURGERIES but is just now picking our her name? I don't think so jim.

Could just be that the friend knew this person would likely be lovely and waited until the last possible minute to finally come out.

IDK.