Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

You know, Jim, this isn't the insane ice burn slam you probably thought it was. I see a man who is BEAMING from ear to ear because he gets to work with his best friends, put on great matches, do the kind of goofy poo poo we know he loves to do, work and travel with his girlfriend (or fiancé? I'm not sure) all while being paid well and enjoying a level of creative freedom he's never known before.

https://twitter.com/Cornyverse/status/1453859744569905156

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

You know, Jim, this isn't the insane ice burn slam you probably thought it was. I see a man who is BEAMING from ear to ear because he gets to work with his best friends, put on great matches, do the kind of goofy poo poo we know he loves to do, work and travel with his girlfriend (or fiancé? I'm not sure) all while being paid well and enjoying a level of creative freedom he's never known before.

Look at this idiot having fun with his friends. I bet he regrets turning down the opportunity to manage Bearcat Lee and give up his Twitch stream.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

lol people are mad at a dude hanging with his fellas smgdh they're so so miserable

honestly given how much THE CHUGS is making on Twitch it's no surprise why he was so adamant about keeping his stream (in addition to, you know, having fun and enjoying the community). You'd think the "it's just business" WWE fans would get that but alas.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Destroy My Sweater posted:

lol people are mad at a dude hanging with his fellas smgdh they're so so miserable

honestly given how much THE CHUGS is making on Twitch it's no surprise why he was so adamant about keeping his stream (in addition to, you know, having fun and enjoying the community). You'd think the "it's just business" WWE fans would get that but alas.

In a weird roundabout way WWE banning twitch/third party cash followed immediately by Big Biceps Tony allowing Kip Sabian to plug his stream live on air probably did a lot for encouraging talent like Cole to make the jump

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

In a weird roundabout way WWE banning twitch/third party cash followed immediately by Big Biceps Tony allowing Kip Sabian to plug his stream live on air probably did a lot for encouraging talent like Cole to make the jump
It's another chapter in the self-destruction of the WWE. Won't be the death, corporations and governments will still keep giving them money even if Vince is the only one still watching

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tampa Bae posted:

It's another chapter in the self-destruction of the WWE. Won't be the death, corporations and governments will still keep giving them money even if Vince is the only one still watching

It's also hilariously stupid. It gives your talent extra income (making them happier), it gives them a new audience that might be tempted to check out your wrestling product and is a fun way for them to connect with fans.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It's also hilariously stupid. It gives your talent extra income (making them happier), it gives them a new audience that might be tempted to check out your wrestling product and is a fun way for them to connect with fans.

Wasn't one of the excuses WWE gave was that they were going to start up their own game Twitch channel? Nothing ever came of that, right? Meanwhile AEW has Evil Uno and Adam Cole streaming games now (while both still have their channel).

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

RandolphCarter posted:

drat that would be cool.

It's one of the better genre's of dumb post, which is present an idea that would rule as if it was some sort of negative.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

To quote Adam Cole himself:

Adam Cole posted:

"Actually being here... the past five weeks have kind of felt like a dream to me. It's been absolutely unbelievable every single week. I'm not kidding when I say I'm having the time of my life, and All Out was my favourite night of my wrestling career"

"I had a great four years in NXT. I had a great relationship with Triple H, I had a great relationship with Shawn Michaels, I loved the locker room there."

Seriously: he wasn't miserable before so it's not sour grapes, but he's a lot happier now. I guess that's a pretty hard pill for some people to swallow.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It gives your talent extra income (making them happier)

Found two of the problems WWE had.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

this isn't Jim

Jim actually agrees that he should've left WWE because despite hating Dave he is smart enough to know the plans Dave reported they had for Cole were likely true because he knows Prichard and Vince. Of course he's going to absolutely hate this but he isn't going to pretend Adam Cole would be doing anything good in NXT 2.0 or main roster WWE.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

If your talent is financially independent and emotionally fulfilled then they're not going to put up with your bullshit. You fool, do you even know how to run a wrestling promotion?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It's one of the few things Vince McMahon and I have in common.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/NoDQ_Virtue/status/1453918060952309763

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

To quote Adam Cole himself:

Seriously: he wasn't miserable before so it's not sour grapes, but he's a lot happier now. I guess that's a pretty hard pill for some people to swallow.

These folks have crazy tribalism. Why would you care if someone was enjoying themselves somewhere else? You can c either watch them there or not but to be mad that someone is happy elsewhere is crazy

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Irony: Southern 'rasslin fans will be the last market keeping WWE going.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's funny because the 2 where AEW is destroying them are totally obvious why. Minneapolis is a PPV and one with a money main event. The Long Island one is the one where WWE blatantly tried to counter program by booking to run a week earlier... like 2 weeks after AEW's presale

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Oct 29, 2021

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

Gaz-L posted:

It's funny because the 2 where AEW is destroying them are totally obvious why. Minneapolis is a PPV and one with a money main event. The Long Island one is the one where WWE blatantly tried to counter program by booking to run a week earlier... like 2 weeks after AEW's presage.

i'd consider wwe's PPV in atlanta not being able to outdraw a dynamite in duluth the biggest L on this list for wwe

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

That GA AEW show has also barely been on sale a week and it leapfrogged the PPV.

They update the chart to include Royal Rumble and the Minnesota Rampage:

https://twitter.com/wrestletix/status/1453841308410339331?s=21

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://twitter.com/WrestleCringe/status/1454118602379038726

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Given his age he's better off on Meta anyway.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder what finally got that account suspended.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

They've probably already got a new account

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Davros1 posted:

They've probably already got a new account

He had a bunch of burners he used to reply to his main account with.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Oh no, I can't believe the idiot got himself suspended.

Then again, I got temporarily suspended for saying TERFs are bad once, so who knows what this even is. Might not be for any of his actually bad takes or weird muh free speech stuff but for the one correct thing he ever said. We'll never know.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

"Stop having fun, guys!"

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

CobiWann posted:

"Stop having fun, guys!"

I kinda want to know what these people expect. Like do they just want people who always frown and scream at each other and act like shounen anime characters or edgy goth kids from the late 90s? Are they all still stuck in the Attitude era?

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Elephant Ambush posted:

I kinda want to know what these people expect. Like do they just want people who always frown and scream at each other and act like shounen anime characters or edgy goth kids from the late 90s? Are they all still stuck in the Attitude era?

It's less all fighty shouty all the time, but more the idea that the main event is serious wrestling time. Like you can do goofy stuff in the midcard or whatever, but the main event is sacrosanct and must be treated seriously and not have your champion running around in a boiler suit and a proton pack.

And I think there's an argument to be made there; the last two Halloween Dynamites had some stuff but the main event was treated seriously and without costumes.

I personally loved it; it was a match with storytelling, comedy spots, some cool moves and an awesome pop when the guy we all want to see showed up.

But I can see how someone who wants a more serious product would take issue with this kind of match, even if they're fine with it earlier in the show.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If 'good guy pulls off a surprise reveal on his hated enemies to cost the dominant faction their first team loss' doesn't do it for you then I don't think wrestling is for you brother

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Renaissance Spam posted:

It's less all fighty shouty all the time, but more the idea that the main event is serious wrestling time. Like you can do goofy stuff in the midcard or whatever, but the main event is sacrosanct and must be treated seriously and not have your champion running around in a boiler suit and a proton pack.

On the other hand, it's kind of a gatekeepey "BuT tHe PwEsHuS mAiNeVeNt!" shithead attitude and it's tedious and tiresome bullshit, IMO. Like, where is it written down that this needs to be an ironclad rule? Why do we need to give a gently caress what a bunch of cranky old men on the internet think?

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 29, 2021

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Rarity posted:

If 'good guy pulls off a surprise reveal on his hated enemies to cost the dominant faction their first team loss' doesn't do it for you then I don't think wrestling is for you brother

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Wrestlers are allowed to have fun and be dorks. The sanctity of the main event is not tainted by The Ghostbusters taking on the Spooky Perverts in a match that was really fun.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

If they did something like trap johnny hungie in a ghost trap after hitting him with proton beams there might be a point in there but as is they just had a wrestling match with props, aka the majority of wrestling matches anyways.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I do think it's weird that the main event was the only match with any Halloween aspects. Like, I'm not saying everyone should have been in costumes, but it would have been nice if Punk had a black and orange colorway for his outfit or something.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Renaissance Spam posted:

Right, because there's a shitload more dignity in spraying down the ring in milk.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I Before E posted:

I do think it's weird that the main event was the only match with any Halloween aspects. Like, I'm not saying everyone should have been in costumes, but it would have been nice if Punk had a black and orange colorway for his outfit or something.

The call to do the Ghostbusters thing happened pretty late. On the same day, I believe. So I don't think they had planned to do anything Halloween-like initially. But inspiration struck. Maybe we'll get a little more on Rampage but I wouldn't be shocked if we don't.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Renaissance Spam posted:

And I think there's an argument to be made there; the last two Halloween Dynamites had some stuff but the main event was treated seriously and without costumes.

I disagree pretty strongly. Wrestling isn't real, and there's nothing sacred about the main event. The ultimate goal of wrestling is to be entertaining, and with the right people a bunch of goofballs doing Turtles movie spots in Ghostbusters costumes is extremely entertaining.

I would much rather take that than a bunch of serious fighty shouty mans doing a boring match or a boring match with a DQ finish or some poo poo.

Honestly what's really impressive about AEW is that they can offer all kinds of wrestling from insanely technical showcases to Japan style 30 minute time limit draws to super entertaining comedy matches and everything in between.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

IGgy IGsen posted:

The call to do the Ghostbusters thing happened pretty late. On the same day, I believe. So I don't think they had planned to do anything Halloween-like initially. But inspiration struck. Maybe we'll get a little more on Rampage but I wouldn't be shocked if we don't.

They were originally going to do Squid Game and they'd built up the costumes last week. There's more Halloween to come on Rampage!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Steve Austin made a pizza out of Booker T

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
theres a lot of different kinds of wrestling so its understandable that some people arent going to care for goofy poo poo. you dont have to be a goblin on twitter about it though