Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Fearne is absolute chaos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
The ol' slip and fall

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

somewhere opal is screaming "NANCY"

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Mage_Boy posted:

2 monitors. And 30 minutes cutscenes in this dungeon.

The CR cast believes you. But still can't resist the opportunity to absolutely fail a disbelief check.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
C2: Laura with Sending

C3: Laura with Telepathy.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I found this moldy case :drac:

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Keru posted:

C2: Laura with Sending

C3: Laura with Telepathy.

She gets Sending too

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

TV IV > Critical Role Campaign 3: My titties are just so out there.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
TV IV > Critical Role Campaign 3: How many of you have actually crimed before?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Crimin' and crabbin'

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Abroham Lincoln posted:

TV IV > Critical Role Campaign 3: My titties are just so out there.

they had to redo ashley's mini a few times because she wanted a 'fuller bosom' lmao

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Critical Role Campaign 3: The Adventures Of Team Back Door

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Gnome de plume posted:

Critical Role Campaign 3: The Adventures Of Team Back Door

We hide behind Fearne

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Joey McChrist posted:

they had to redo ashley's mini a few times because she wanted a 'fuller bosom' lmao

Bless her

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
Critical Role Campaign 3: makin' my way / feelin' my way / findin' my way

AJA fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Oct 29, 2021

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Bless this new way of sending messages.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
lmao I love the group effects they're putting on Laudna messages

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Critical Role Campaign 3: This back door has no crack

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
The real Halloween is the night terrors Orym received along the way

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
You want hosed up brooding emo Liam character? Because this is how you get hosed up brooding emo Liam character

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

We were never not going to get a hosed up brooding emo Liam character

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Next week, cold open on Orym:

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Pleads posted:

We were never not going to get a hosed up brooding emo Liam character

Keru posted:

Next week, cold open on Orym:

:allears: :bravo:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

For anyone who's not seen it, In the Mouth of Madness is an amazing classic 90's horror movie featuring Sam Neill. Halloween is the perfect time to watch it.

Do you read Sutter Kane?

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Keru posted:

For anyone who's not seen it, In the Mouth of Madness is an amazing classic 90's horror movie featuring Sam Neill. Halloween is the perfect time to watch it.

Can confirm, the film is really good and Sam Neill seems like he had a blast in it.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

It's also arguably the best Lovecraft movie, better than any actual adaptations of Lovecraft's work, ever made. :colbert:

FlavoFibe
Nov 9, 2015
Great episode. I love the new art reel music so much.

cyclical
Nov 26, 2005
No, not that one.
https://twitter.com/ArseQueef/status/1453952839265386502

Loved the episode. I'm especially really liking Ashley's Fearne; feels like she's taking a much more active role with her character than she did before.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Fearne is honestly a DM's dream because Ashley is playing her in such a way that when things look like they're getting bogged down a bit she's going to throw a curveball in there and make some things happen.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

this is the stuff i missed when they were doing the socially distanced tables, and the whispered giggles and conversations off to the side. glad they put the chaos siblings together again

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

AngryBooch posted:

Fearne is honestly a DM's dream because Ashley is playing her in such a way that when things look like they're getting bogged down a bit she's going to throw a curveball in there and make some things happen.

And it's great because it's a completely different kind of curveball than we would get from Scanlan or Jester.

Like, for all the mischief previous chaos crews would get up to, Fearne going "You can suck on my hair if you want :v:" is really something else. Ashley really does a good job being both kind of naive and completely amoral in a really interesting way.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I get the feeling these are all the things Ashley wanted to do as Pike/Yasha, but couldn’t because they’d be so out of character.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

jester might wander off and graffiti churches but i think there's a good chance fearne would just burn them down if it sounded fun

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

eke out posted:

jester might wander off and graffiti churches but i think there's a good chance fearne would just burn them down if it sounded fun

Yeah, it was real easy for Betrand to convince her to go inside the warehouse, and when she got there she's just this insane person who walks up and starts being creepy. She's going to be fun to watch.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

eke out posted:

That's the thing, Jester was naive, but she was reasonably moral. She'd graffiti churches as a prank but she wouldn't hurt people if she could avoid it.

Scanlan was more worldly but just kind of amoral almost to the point of sociopathy at times. He knew the poo poo he was doing was bad and harmful and yet there he is modifying the memories of people who knew and trusted him to keep bringing him drugs.

Fearne gets to dip into both sides of that spectrum because she is both incredibly naive about the way the world works around her and also very much about indulging herself to the point of solipsism. I fully expect her to Charlie Kelly the party at some point.

https://youtu.be/MYtjpIwamos

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
"Don't get on my rear end about it" was a genius level character moment. She's so indignant that someone would point out she's breaking the law and endangering their little mission, like it has zero effect on her, without being so gauche as to say it outright.

If Ashley can keep up the Jack Sparrow theatrics, she'll be the best player to watch.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

cyclical posted:

https://twitter.com/ArseQueef/status/1453952839265386502

Loved the episode. I'm especially really liking Ashley's Fearne; feels like she's taking a much more active role with her character than she did before.

haha yes I used to love it when Laura and Sam would do stuff like this in the background...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otiflSReJbw

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Having “the twins” sitting next to each other again is extremely exciting because of their goofball antics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quixote
Feb 22, 2005
I hope everyone echoing creepy voice Laudna's messages stays a thing forever.

I like the theory that Orthax is her patron. I don't know if it makes sense, but would be a cool callback and that person is still out there somewhere. (Season 1 and TV Show Spoiler?) Briarwood would be a good tie in with the upcoming Amazon show and probably where most people would go when thinking "evil, de rollo, dead."