Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Batterypowered7 posted:

I think you have to drop something actually heavy for that to happen.

Said they fell to the ground didn't they

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

The first thing you need to do when you get a crippling back tweak is drag yourself to your feet and do a bunch of toe touches as fast as possible.

Because it's your spine and it will do what you drat well tell it to.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cat/cow and child's pose can help loosen up any grumpy tightness in the back. Tightness not damaged tissue though.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

havnt lifted in a while but im going to put together a little strength program now that the weather has gotten lovely

stoked to chug some pre-workout again

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

any row variations are super stressful on my lower back and after rebuilding from scratch multiple times I’ve accepted it’ll never be strong enough to handle the weight I can move for 10+ reps so a belt is a must. I also start every workout no matter what with a back mobility warmup. I’m close to a 5x10 225 strict row now which I’m pretty happy with

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

KingShiro posted:

keep moving.

:hmmyes:

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Mustached Demon posted:

Cat/cow and child's pose can help loosen up any grumpy tightness in the back. Tightness not damaged tissue though.

I did this when I had really bad back spasms out of nowhere and it instantly made it so much worse. Lol. I was so hosed back then.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

nothing makes me appreciate bench leg drive more than serious quad and rear end DOMs after leg day

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

My coach wants me to work out harder than I want to work out on my own. That's probably a very good thing.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Hellblazer187 posted:

Y'all ever work out on free standing squat stands like these? I don't have enough room in my gym area for a cage. I could continue to just do Zerchers until I go back to a real gym, which is what I'm leaning towards. I suppose with these, one simply needs to either never go past RPE 8, or get comfortable bailing.

I did end up buying a set like this from a local metalworker. Seems solid. I won't be going anywhere NEAR failure but to be able to do moderate squats as an accessory, while still having room to do olympic lifts when I move the stands aside, is great.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Was able to ohp kneeling 130 lb for 10x2. Got 6 reps at 135 after all my working sets which was surprising. At this point I'm not sure if I'd get weird or impressed looks if I did it at a gym.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Hellblazer187 posted:

I did end up buying a set like this from a local metalworker. Seems solid. I won't be going anywhere NEAR failure but to be able to do moderate squats as an accessory, while still having room to do olympic lifts when I move the stands aside, is great.

Idk, just me squatting with the same style stands, if you're able to get back to standing with the weight then you're fine. If you're failing a squat at the bottom/mid these stands were never gonna save you anyway. I set a new PR back in early September, the ugliest 1rm you've ever seen but I still set the weight down like a newborn baby going to sleep. My stands at least feel like they have 30-degrees plus angle of lean before they actually start to tip over. The weight helps as you put it down

Squat more, dang it

nooneofconsequence posted:

Was able to ohp kneeling 130 lb for 10x2. Got 6 reps at 135 after all my working sets which was surprising. At this point I'm not sure if I'd get weird or impressed looks if I did it at a gym.

Impressed, in my experience & opinion. That's a good bit of work & most people are seemingly afraid of barbell ohp

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Did 160kg for 5 reps squatting this morning. I could have done more I think but it was touch as go and my cowardly brain was too afraid of dying. Sad!

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Omnikin posted:

Idk, just me squatting with the same style stands, if you're able to get back to standing with the weight then you're fine. If you're failing a squat at the bottom/mid these stands were never gonna save you anyway. I set a new PR back in early September, the ugliest 1rm you've ever seen but I still set the weight down like a newborn baby going to sleep. My stands at least feel like they have 30-degrees plus angle of lean before they actually start to tip over. The weight helps as you put it down

Squat more, dang it

Braver than I am. I saw a video of Clarence Kennedy doing like, 600+lbs with stands like that completely nonchalantly. I did some light paused squats yesterday and I weighed the stands down with kettlebells, they didn't move at all. I think I'll use sandbags in the future, though. As soon as my local hardware store has sand in stock again.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
The APF powerlifting federation is putting on a squat, OHP, deadlift event in my state next year, that's cool.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Dum Cumpster posted:

The APF powerlifting federation is putting on a squat, OHP, deadlift event in my state next year, that's cool.

I should just show up and see how I compare via high bar squat.

Coach gave me 4 sets of 5 power hang cleans at 60%. My forearms want to die. They haven't been this worked since I was 14.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Dum Cumpster posted:

how's the prep going

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

nooneofconsequence posted:

how's the prep going

I graduated from bodyweight to the lightest bands at physical therapy.

chupacabron
Oct 30, 2004

Got SBD elbow sleeves for my sudden golfers elbow. They’re good, a++++, will bench without pain again

chupacabron fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Nov 2, 2021

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

2x10 135 kneeling ohp :woop:
My bench plateaued hard as usual when I concentrate on ohp but it's nice to reach at least one goal before I start my winter cut. I wonder how much it'll carryover to standing ohp when I get to a gym again because this is as strong as my shoulders have ever been for reps.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My calorie counting is going pretty well but I'm trying to find stuff just to make my life easier like something I can just eat all day every day without any real prep effort or having to think about it and I was looking in the fridge and it looks like I could eat four of these tubs a day and it'll only be 1720 calories and they're on sale right now for 3.50 each so only 14 bucks a day which I'm okay with. has anyone tried something like this do you think it would work I don't wanna do it long term just maybe for a month or two

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

That's a shitload of sodium

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

That's a shitload of sodium

Just needs to drink a lot of water, it'll be fine.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

bird with big dick posted:

My calorie counting is going pretty well but I'm trying to find stuff just to make my life easier like something I can just eat all day every day without any real prep effort or having to think about it and I was looking in the fridge and it looks like I could eat four of these tubs a day and it'll only be 1720 calories and they're on sale right now for 3.50 each so only 14 bucks a day which I'm okay with. has anyone tried something like this do you think it would work I don't wanna do it long term just maybe for a month or two

I eat that often but eating that much of any one thing isn't a good idea. In that case I think the acidity would gently caress you up.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Sheiko posted on instagram that he doesn't have anything to do with the Gold app anymore and not to associate him with it.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Batterypowered7 posted:

Just needs to drink a lot of water, it'll be fine.

It's over 43,000 mg of sodium per day

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Fitzy Fitz posted:

??They said a lot of water

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Dum Cumpster posted:

??They said a lot of water

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Best low effort prep has gotta be roast veggies. Just fill a sheet tray with chopped carrots and potatoes. Hell, you don't even have to chop them really, just split the potatoes in half and coat everything in olive oil, salt and pepper. toss in the oven at 450F for 40 mins or so, then maybe drizzle lightly with honey and cayenne after taking it out.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

My lazy food is a variety of dips, like greek yogurt, cottage cheese, hummus and salsa. Drop some seeds and fruit in there for a more balanced meal. I eat some version of this every day.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Jinh posted:

Best low effort prep has gotta be roast veggies. Just fill a sheet tray with chopped carrots and potatoes. Hell, you don't even have to chop them really, just split the potatoes in half and coat everything in olive oil, salt and pepper. toss in the oven at 450F for 40 mins or so, then maybe drizzle lightly with honey and cayenne after taking it out.

I should do that with broccoli. I'll eat well roasted broccoli even if its cold out of the fridge.

I need to start making up tofu too, I'll eat that cold if its well seasoned and seared in some sesame oil so its got some texture.

I just need more high protein and/or low cal options I can jam in my face hole straight out of the fridge.

I'm down 27 pounds in 90 days but have been stalled out for a few weeks. I think I've managed to get myself back on the wagon though, today was my lowest weigh in ever.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

You can buy eggs pickled or pre-boiled.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Steak still tastes pretty good cold if you just need something straight out of the fridge.

Fry up a round steak and cut it thin. Salt, pepper, garlic and toss it in the cooking juices.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Frozen bags of soybeans are great. Season water, boil beans for a few minutes. Boom, edamame

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
43g of sodium a day will give you a god tier pump so I say do it

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

I should do that with broccoli. I'll eat well roasted broccoli even if its cold out of the fridge.

Hell yeah roasted broccoli is amazing. I’ll toss it with some olive oil and Panko breadcrumbs and bake it.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Roasted cherry tomatoes will make your blandest food pop with flavor and acidity. I add them to everything now.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Roasted bell peppers or poblanos are my go to "let's jazz this up."

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I've heard of bench press, but French Press??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Wizard Master posted:

I've heard of bench press, but French Press??