Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao @ all the dreams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Whenever I wake up after having a game dream I grab my phone half-asleep and try to write down notes quickly so I’ll remember as much as possible for this thread. I just noticed this note in my dreams file:

CAPSIZED freight ship = onion rings etc. playstation sponsorship?

I have absolutely zero memory of what it meant or anything else about the dream

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Multiple times I've had gamer dreams where I woke up and posted about it in the thread only to wake up again and have the posting also be part of the dream.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Sub-Actuality posted:

Whenever I wake up after having a game dream I grab my phone half-asleep and try to write down notes quickly so I’ll remember as much as possible for this thread. I just noticed this note in my dreams file:

CAPSIZED freight ship = onion rings etc. playstation sponsorship?

I have absolutely zero memory of what it meant or anything else about the dream

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the most infuriating one for me was when i had a dream with a cool song in it, and i wanted to remember it, so i wrote down the lyrics, but completely forgot the tune anyway.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

the most infuriating one for me was when i had a dream with a cool song in it, and i wanted to remember it, so i wrote down the lyrics, but completely forgot the tune anyway.

you should write a tribute

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

Lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNLJ04DtgTA

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

:hai:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Very brief gaming moment. I was at a bookstore and found a psx. I opened up the disc drive and spiders started falling out. It wasn't scary or anything, I just went "Ack, spiders" and closed the lid and set it back down and walked away

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

GorfZaplen posted:

Very brief gaming moment. I was at a bookstore and found a psx. I opened up the disc drive and spiders started falling out. It wasn't scary or anything, I just went "Ack, spiders" and closed the lid and set it back down and walked away

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

GorfZaplen posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dreamt I went to a MTG draft. My first pack was perfectly normal but the second pack had all kinds of weird cards like one that said "drink a refreshing bottle of water" and Pokemon cards that had been altered to work in MTG. I drafted a Weedle that cost like 14 mana to cast

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

This can result in dangerous prodromal outcomes, e.g. one time I woke up stuck on the lyrics "that motherfucker ate a whole tin of beans / everybody knows what a tin of beans means", and after mulling it over I attributed the second line to a shouty backing hype man type voice, and it's now a toss-up whether seeing or mentioning beans invokes that guy really clearly or just Cars 2

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

This can result in dangerous prodromal outcomes, e.g. one time I woke up stuck on the lyrics "that motherfucker ate a whole tin of beans / everybody knows what a tin of beans means", and after mulling it over I attributed the second line to a shouty backing hype man type voice, and it's now a toss-up whether seeing or mentioning beans invokes that guy really clearly or just Cars 2

shiddy rises

Reprogram Plus
Sep 24, 2007

I dreamed I was back in middle school, and they called us all into the gym for an assembly. They lowered the screen and projected this video that was like an advertisement for books they wanted us to read, and it was set to the Buck Bumble intro song. "Right about now it's time to read, The Bridge. To Ter. a bithia. Right about now it's time to read, Where. The Red. Fern Grows." etc.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Reprogram Plus posted:

I dreamed I was back in middle school, and they called us all into the gym for an assembly. They lowered the screen and projected this video that was like an advertisement for books they wanted us to read, and it was set to the Buck Bumble intro song. "Right about now it's time to read, The Bridge. To Ter. a bithia. Right about now it's time to read, Where. The Red. Fern Grows." etc.

Lmao

I don’t think I’ve ever had a middle school dream. High school dreams a couple times but always with the knowledge that I had already graduated and could leave if I wanted. Mostly I just have the recurring college dream that I have completely forgotten about one of the classes I signed up for this semester and haven’t been doing any of the work or attending lectures this whole time

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Reprogram Plus posted:

lol

Caithness posted:

the recurring college dream that I have completely forgotten about one of the classes I signed up for this semester and haven’t been doing any of the work or attending lectures this whole time

I have this one at least twice a week, seems like it’s a really common one

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Caithness posted:

. High school dreams a couple times but always with the knowledge that I had already graduated and could leave if I wanted.
I get this one constantly and it feels so specific lol, I'm always like "this is ridiculous, I left here 12 years ago, can't believe I keep wandering back in to get this last grade or whatever I need to graduate properly".

I've also only started getting it in the last couple of years since I, uh, fully qualified as a lawyer and got settled into a stable and cushy job? Which isn't meant as a brag at all I'm just extremely confused as to why that would result in me starting to dream about being stuck in high school at 30 lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Reprogram Plus posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Caithness posted:

Mostly I just have the recurring college dream that I have completely forgotten about one of the classes I signed up for this semester and haven’t been doing any of the work or attending lectures this whole time

i have that one sometimes, about high school too, though.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
I do remember a gaming dream from when I was actually in middle school: I was swimming through the air in my kitchen, eating yellow legos which were suspended in midair. I concluded it must have been inspired by Mario 64

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Caithness posted:

I don’t think I’ve ever had a middle school dream. High school dreams a couple times but always with the knowledge that I had already graduated and could leave if I wanted. Mostly I just have the recurring college dream that I have completely forgotten about one of the classes I signed up for this semester and haven’t been doing any of the work or attending lectures this whole time

I always dream that I have a school project I need to do and I think "Wait, I finished school so this doesn't matter" but then I think "Wait, can you really finish school?" and I'm just unsure until I wake up.

Also I just had a dream that I went back to my college and lots of people were dressed as Dragon Quest characters. Some were the main characters but most were random townspeople like merchants. It felt like it was just a coincidence that everyone had dressed like that. When I woke up I was disappointed, not because it was a really good dream but because it was so cute.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

GorfZaplen posted:

someone in yospos sent some other bitch a dreamcast full of meal worms for secret santa once lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Caithness posted:

Mostly I just have the recurring college dream that I have completely forgotten about one of the classes I signed up for this semester and haven’t been doing any of the work or attending lectures this whole time

I have this one every couple of months and every single time I’ll still think it’s real for a few minutes after waking up and start panicking about whether or not I’ll be able to graduate before remembering that I already did 5 years ago.

I was a terrible student the first couple years of college and did most of the school nightmare archetypes irl—skipping class and then finding out there was a test that day, showing up to class and finding out that there was a test you didn’t know about and didn’t study for, missing class because you’re hopelessly lost in the building, etc—and then would stop having the nightmares about it. But I also did the “finding out you’re signed up for a class you never went to halfway through the semester” thing irl and the nightmares didn’t stop so I guess I’m going to keep having them for the rest of my life

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

But I also did the “finding out you’re signed up for a class you never went to halfway through the semester” thing irl and the nightmares didn’t stop so I guess I’m going to keep having them for the rest of my life

lmfao how

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Trash Ops posted:

someone in yospos sent some other bitch a dreamcast full of meal worms for secret santa once lol

drat, sorry that happened to you.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I have this one every couple of months and every single time I’ll still think it’s real for a few minutes after waking up and start panicking about whether or not I’ll be able to graduate before remembering that I already did 5 years ago.

I was a terrible student the first couple years of college and did most of the school nightmare archetypes irl—skipping class and then finding out there was a test that day, showing up to class and finding out that there was a test you didn’t know about and didn’t study for, missing class because you’re hopelessly lost in the building, etc—and then would stop having the nightmares about it. But I also did the “finding out you’re signed up for a class you never went to halfway through the semester” thing irl and the nightmares didn’t stop so I guess I’m going to keep having them for the rest of my life

lol yeah I haven’t been in school for like 15+ years and it hasn’t slowed down, I’m pretty sure these dreams are a permanent fixture

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

First semester freshman year I went to see return of the king at midnight the night before my 8am chemistry final. I failed it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I graduated college in 2007 and I still have those kind of dreams too

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I signed up for 5 classes for the next semester during registration, but when the semester started I only had 4 classes on my schedule. The obvious thing to do if you weren’t a lazy idiot would have been to go to the registrars and ask about it but instead I just shrugged and figured the class got canceled or something and went to the four classes on my schedule.

One of those 4 classes was taught by the same professor who taught the 5th one, and one day after class he asked if I knew I was scheduled for the other one because he noticed I always came to this class but never the other one even though I was on the roster. So I kind of awkwardly explained the situation and he let me withdraw although I think by that point in the year it still showed as “withdraw—failing” on my transcript

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

people who never went to college:

I signed up for 5 classes for the next semester during registration, but when the semester started I only had 4 classes on my schedule. The obvious thing to do if you weren’t a lazy idiot would have been to go to the registrars and ask about it but instead I just shrugged and figured the class got canceled or something and went to the four classes on my schedule.

One of those 4 classes was taught by the same professor who taught the 5th one, and one day after class he asked if I knew I was scheduled for the other one because he noticed I always came to this class but never the other one even though I was on the roster. So I kind of awkwardly explained the situation and he let me withdraw although I think by that point in the year it still showed as “withdraw—failing” on my transcript

lol what an rear end waiting until like 10 weeks into the semester

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

thinking of college stress reminds me that i was in a huge lecture hall psych 101 class with a teacher who did a bunch of surprise tricks and demonstrations to make things interesting, and during like the first five minutes of the class he was going to be teaching about stress, a student in the middle of one of the rows stood up and starting yelling "oh god, my hair is on fire! my HAIR IS ON FIRE!" and ran screaming at the top of his lungs out of the lecture hall through the back. the professor just stared at us kind of blankly and said like "i promise that wasn't a plant, or a joke or anything, it really wasn't. i had nothing to do with it." he had a grad student see if he could go check on the kid and was distracted the entire rest of the three hours. it was probably a prank someone arranged on the professor, but if it was, the guy was a REALLY good actor.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Caithness posted:

I have this one every couple months. It’s almost always math class and half the time it’s my 10th grade math teacher that was an old evangelical guy who’s probably dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Crossposting a dream from another thread:

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I had a dream last night that had this band in it that was like, some lesser known 80s buttrock band that I’d never heard of before but someone started playing their songs and I kinda liked them. The only song I remember was called “Skymilk” and it was the singer screaming “SkyMILLLLK, skyMILLLLLK” in a tune kind of like the first DAYTONAAA in the Daytona USA song repeating in different keys.

The guitarist floated around like a hologram while the song was playing, but he moved at diagonal angles and his body would suddenly flicker and appear in a different part of the sky. The guitar went hard though, and I woke up with it stuck in my head and wrote some notes down before falling back to sleep:

Thinking back, it was definitely the singer from the Sonic Adventure games too.