Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
is this like, a thing people are supposed to care about. he doesn't even feature in comics anymore

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1453768531728809995?t=sEGUgswuPsTRR2kTKa6CRA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

site posted:

is this like, a thing people are supposed to care about. he doesn't even feature in comics anymore

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1453768531728809995?t=sEGUgswuPsTRR2kTKa6CRA&s=19

Lol, didn't Iron Fist just quit in the last mini?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

Maybe they're relaunching Iron Fist with Colleen Wing in the role like the Netflix show and this is the build up?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Lol, didn't Iron Fist just quit in the last mini?

Sort of. He gave up the Iron Fist to help defeat a particular villain, but instead of it being returned to him afterward, it was imbued into a dragon egg. Theoretically, Danny's off the roster and the next Iron Fist will have to wait until that dragon hatches and grows up.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
I'm more interested in the rumored Punisher No More book, though I don't have a lot of faith in Marvel's ability to follow through on the implications there

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It would actually rule if he quit and no one cared

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Barry Convex posted:

I'm more interested in the rumored Punisher No More book, though I don't have a lot of faith in Marvel's ability to follow through on the implications there

Frank takes a job at the DMV

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

This is what happens when your mcu movie/show bombs

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I bet this was mandated by Disney execs like that one poster said

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Mandating for iron fist seems like the greatest waste of time.

Especially since it’s almost four months away

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Given what's been going on with chuds adopting the Punisher logo, giving Frank a break is a solid call whether it's a Disney decree or not.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Yeah, I don't think Disney gives a poo poo what happens in the comics, they'll take what they want and ignore the rest. I could see the comics taking after future plans for movies/shows if they know what's coming in order to hopefully get fans of a film to buy the comic and not get completely lost because this doesn't resemble the movie at all. But I don't think the people in charge of the movies dictate, or even encourage anything to happen in the comics.

If they'd de-aged 616 or resurrected the Ultimate version of Spider-Man right before Homecoming then I'd wonder about MCU involvement.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

They have done it before but I don’t remember the last time they did

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

They have done it before but I don’t remember the last time they did

They brought back Ultimate Peter Parker at the very tail end of the Ultimate universe existing, but that was just to have him ride off into the sunset with Mary Jane. I'm absolutely sure Bendis knew the Ultimate line was being canceled entirely when he did that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I was talking about movie synergy.

Hell Peter Parker isn’t even going to be spider man when the new movie releases.

As we will be in the middle of the kind of boring Beyond era

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Bored billionaire quitting the thankless role of kung fu vigilante to enjoy a life of decadence and ease sounds like it could be an awesome deconstruction of the medium, let's do that.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Roth posted:

This is what happens when your mcu movie/show bombs

site posted:

I bet this was mandated by Disney execs like that one poster said

Imagining a comic now where Kevin Feige and Bob Chapek walk through a dimensional portal, beat the poo poo out of Danny and take his costume telling him to get the gently caress out of NYC.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I like how they're not even pretending the Beyond Corporation isn't the same one from Nextwave in ASM to the point they namedrop the band that did the Nextwave theme.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

New demand from up high: if a Marvel character's film or TV series bombs they have to retire and/or die in the comics, even if they don't have an ongoing series at the moment.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I don't think the Iron Fist tv show even bombed, they made a second season, I think it's just the Marvel Netflix shows were originally planned well before Disney was launching their own streaming and they couldn't come into accords about going forward.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

To be clear, I wasn't making a serious suggestion that the two are related.

It would be absurd since its been years since Iron Fist came out on Netflix.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Roth posted:

What did you think was going to happen when you made a joke post?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Roth posted:

I know! I just think the idea is really funny in and of itself. :shobon:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I mean technically chi is still a thing of which he has knowledge, and the Iron Fist itself isn't the totality of supernatural martial arts. Danny without the Iron Fist is still.....like 60% the same exact character, he's just not going to be winning any fights with speeding trains.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Danny Rand should just retire to be a full time nanny for hire where he takes care of Jessica and Luke's kid all day.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Codependent Poster posted:

Danny Rand should just retire to be a full time nanny for hire where he takes care of Jessica and Luke's kid all day.

And take Squirrel Girl's job?

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

And take Squirrel Girl's job?

Wait, what? Really? I’m way behind but is that really SG’s new gig? I didn’t think she got used much outside of her own title (which I’ve yet to finish).

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

danny rand should give up being iron fist to become a full time hot couch guy

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Wait, what? Really? I’m way behind but is that really SG’s new gig? I didn’t think she got used much outside of her own title (which I’ve yet to finish).

No it was her old gig back when Luke was running the New Avengers.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

TwoPair posted:

No it was her old gig back when Luke was running the New Avengers.

The issue with Squirrel Girl and Daredevil was one of the more memorable ones in the run.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I don't think the Iron Fist tv show even bombed, they made a second season, I think it's just the Marvel Netflix shows were originally planned well before Disney was launching their own streaming and they couldn't come into accords about going forward.

eh, it was ultimately Netflix's decision. if the Marvel series had performed better relative to their budget, they probably would have been renewed, although I'm sure the then-impending launch of Disney+ didn't help Disney's willingness to agree to a compromise like shorter episode counts per season

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bulgaroctonus posted:

She was the babysitter when Luke and Jessica Jones were on the Avengers in Bendis' later New Avengers book.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

It's Jeff! continues to be adorable, and Ryan North wrote a Spider-Man Halloween infinite comic that's super good.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

howe_sam posted:

It's Jeff! continues to be adorable, and Ryan North wrote a Spider-Man Halloween infinite comic that's super good.

speaking of Ryan North and Halloween, his Darkhold: Iron Man one-shot from the other week was quite good imo. he should write more horror comics

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Skwirl posted:

Maybe they're relaunching Iron Fist with Colleen Wing in the role like the Netflix show and this is the build up?

Maybe this is just old man brain talking, but it seems weird to me to have her primary M.O. for fighting suddenly become a dragon chi-infused punch after she and Misty have been "Sword Girl and Bionic Arm+Gun Girl" for so long

I'm sure the Netflix stuff is some part of the equation, but, haven't Luke and Danny's prominence in general significantly shrunk with Bendis' departure? He was the big booster for characters like them and Spider-Woman

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

OnimaruXLR posted:

Maybe this is just old man brain talking, but it seems weird to me to have her primary M.O. for fighting suddenly become a dragon chi-infused punch after she and Misty have been "Sword Girl and Bionic Arm+Gun Girl" for so long

I'm sure the Netflix stuff is some part of the equation, but, haven't Luke and Danny's prominence in general significantly shrunk with Bendis' departure? He was the big booster for characters like them and Spider-Woman

I mean that’s why people are laughing at it, you generally haven’t seen the character no more for characters who can barely headline a book

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
There it is.

Written by Alyssa Wong, art by Michael YG

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ah it’s a completely new one.

That’s fine I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

Other Iron Fists could extend the fist into weapons. Started in the Fraction era there was a pulp fiction Iron Fist who could put it in his bullets and one clearly based on Zhang Yo Sao could put it into arrows she shot.