Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Not sure what the issue is with the card...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Can't be lesbians if your plane doesn't have the Isle of Lesbos!

Anyways, I've started listening to the resleevables. Two eps in and it's as fantastic as everyone mentioned. It's funny hearing it after the arena decklists podcast in my rotation as Patrick is easily five times as capable of communicating and explaining points as Brian Gottleib. It's night and day. The dude has lawyer ultraspecificity brain poisoning or something.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Sewer Stalker
Creature - Spirit

Sewer Stalker cannot be blocked while attacking alone.
Disturb 3U.

----

Gutter Shortcut
Enchantment - Aura

Enchant creature

Enchanted creature cannot be blocked while attacking alone.

If the gutter shortcut would be put into a cemetery from anywhere, exile it instead.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Wizards doesn't have a great track record at all, but I know plenty of lesbian couples irl who call each other their partners, so this could honestly go either way imo.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

HootTheOwl posted:

They have jobs too.
(Where they're also partners)

Halana and Alena, LLP

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Halana and Alena, Comfortably Shoed.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They showed that art during the stream yesterday as “Kaya, Geist Hunter”

She's definitely going to make another Ghostbusters reference in her Arena voicelines.

Silhouette posted:

Yessssssss more Castlevania references

Move on, it's time for a What We Do in the Shadows reference. Then Count Duckula.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Oct 29, 2021

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Strong Sauce posted:

Not sure what the issue is with the card...

Partners is kinda outdated and it would be nice if it just outright said they were wives

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Sparkling Women who Love Women?

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Anyways, I've started listening to the resleevables. Two eps in and it's as fantastic as everyone mentioned. It's funny hearing it after the arena decklists podcast in my rotation as Patrick is easily five times as capable of communicating and explaining points as Brian Gottleib. It's night and day. The dude has lawyer ultraspecificity brain poisoning or something.

Yeah the podcast is great, and Sullivan is a gem. I reaaaaallly miss Saturdays with him and Cedric casting.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Halana and Alena who don't really want to put labels on it but if you asked if they were girlfriend and girlfriend they'd probably say yes in a casual setting but stick to partners when hunting in case a hetero vampire tries to seduce them.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Partner is fine especially in an increasingly non-binary/non-gendered world

You’re all weird

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
It's a joke because the original Alena and Halana cards from CMR have Partner.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It's a joke because the original Alena and Halana cards from CMR have Partner.

Their cards taken by themselves suggest that they are not a power couple.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
i'll admit i was too hot to trot; i've just been super gunshy about this topic since those assholes pulled the chandra and nissa bullshit

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Feel like that’s about as obvious as you could’ve made that card without changing the name to like “Big-Time Lesbians” or something.

Especially that alt-art. Goddamn it looks nice and has some incredibly cool gay energy.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TotalHell posted:

Feel like that’s about as obvious as you could’ve made that card without changing the name to like “Big-Time Lesbians” or something.

Especially that alt-art. Goddamn it looks nice and has some incredibly cool gay energy.

Wizards needs to shorthand that text down to Gaynergy

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

DangerDongs posted:

Wizards needs to shorthand that text down to Gaynergy

Energay

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
it's just funny

just gals having keyword: partner

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

In five hundred years, archeologists crack open a buried building. Within they find artistic representations of the era's mythology. One of the pictures is identified as being two women who were very good friends.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

A big flaming stink posted:

jesus christ are the idiots at wizards outright lesbophobes or something

wut

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

A big flaming stink posted:

jesus christ are the idiots at wizards outright lesbophobes or something

depends what country you're in

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/pgdhanson/status/1454264823693418498?s=21

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Halana and Alena, Wouldn't It Be Funny If We Dated Because Our Names Are So Similar, Haha, Unless...

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Gal Pals

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Jen X posted:

Halana and Alena, Wouldn't It Be Funny If We Dated Because Our Names Are So Similar, Haha, Unless...

haha wouldnt it be so wacky if we like, kissed

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
it's just another terrible name, just leave the ",Partners" out! it's safe for prudes and we all have imaginations!!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Sung Beach Boysly* Halana, Alena, ooh I wanna take ya

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Paul Zuvella posted:

haha wouldnt it be so wacky if we like, kissed

Probably a lot of new found relationships are going to start exactly this way in two nights. Gonna be a smattering of Kitty-Kat-maKeup.

I'm happy for them.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Goa Tse-tung posted:

it's just another terrible name, just leave the ",Partners" out! it's safe for prudes and we all have imaginations!!!

I will not rest until they are named "Halana and Alena, They Fuckin~"

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lone Goat posted:

Flavor text, "then they be Truckin"

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Lone Goat posted:

that's the Playboy Secret Lair

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

As someone who also has lawyer brain, Brian has it for sure (I'm 99.999% confident). My understanding is that he was a corporate lawyer, and depending on the type of corporate law he practiced, he would need to be ultraspecific, and only talk to people who had similar knowledge (and kept far away from paying clients).

Lawyer brain is a hell of a thing.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Lone Goat posted:

You all are going to feel silly when they preview "finger blast" and "wrist deep" and nothing is left to the imagination

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

i played my last draft for midnight hunt tonight... drafted WG Humans/Coven/Tokens. I had Adeline, Brutal Cathar, Gavony Dawnguard, 2 Lunarch Veterans... Short of drafting Katilda Dawnhart Prime this was such a strong deck. and it only lost to a Werewolves deck had Tovolar's Huntmaster and Reckless Stormseeker.

anyways there is a "Chaos" Event tomorrow that consists of pre-release packs from Ikoria, Core Set 2021, Zendikar Rising and D&D:AFR.. uhh i guess other than following BREAD... is there some synergy i should be aware of. does anyone recall the strong color combos for each of these sets draft wise?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Oct 30, 2021

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Strong Sauce posted:

i played my last draft for midnight hunt tonight... drafted WG Humans/Coven/Tokens. I had Adeline, Brutal Cathar, Gavony Dawnguard, 2 Lunarch Veterans... Short of drafting Katilda Dawnhart Prime this was such a strong deck. and it only lost to a Werewolves deck had Tovolar's Huntmaster and Reckless Stormseeker.

anyways there is a "Chaos" Event tomorrow that consists of pre-release packs from Ikoria, Core Set 2021, Zendikar Rising and D&D:AFR.. uhh i guess other than following BREAD... is there some synergy i should be aware of. does anyone recall the strong color combos for each of these sets draft wise?

You're not going to find a lot synergies between sets, because they're not really designed to work together. The best deck in Ikoria by far is RW cycling and there's no cycling cards in any of those other sets. The best deck in Zendikar Rising is UG kicker and there's no kicker cards in any of those other sets. Most of the other best decks in ZNR were the tribe/party decks and while the tribes exist in other sets, not at the rates you'd probably want

Here's a few mechanics that were shared with pairs, but if you're drafting I highly recommend you not go 3+ colours since the fixing in these sets is pretty bad aside from IKO and the treasures in RB in AFR, but you can mix and match the obvious synergies between the sets in two colours.

RB sacrifice in AFR has a lot of great cards, and there's some good payoffs in Ikoria (Bushmeat Poacher and Weaponize the Monsters) and a few in M21 too, and there's threaten-likes in all the sets

+1/+1 Counters was one of the best decks in M21 GW, and one of the worst decks in ZNR in BG

Life gain in AFR GW and M21 BW, medium in each

Self Mill reanimator in Ikoria BG (good but requires uncommons) and M21 UB (black is real bad in M21 aside from a couple removal spells)

UR Prowess in M21 wasn't bad, and there's a slight spells matter theme in Ikoria mostly in red

I'm sure there are others I can't think of right now, look at all the gold uncommons from those sets for an idea of what each pair is trying to do.

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

I've got a carbon fixation.

Lone Goat posted:

You're not going to find a lot synergies between sets, because they're not really designed to work together. The best deck in Ikoria by far is RW cycling and there's no cycling cards in any of those other sets. The best deck in Zendikar Rising is UG kicker and there's no kicker cards in any of those other sets. Most of the other best decks in ZNR were the tribe/party decks and while the tribes exist in other sets, not at the rates you'd probably want

Here's a few mechanics that were shared with pairs, but if you're drafting I highly recommend you not go 3+ colours since the fixing in these sets is pretty bad aside from IKO and the treasures in RB in AFR, but you can mix and match the obvious synergies between the sets in two colours.

RB sacrifice in AFR has a lot of great cards, and there's some good payoffs in Ikoria (Bushmeat Poacher and Weaponize the Monsters) and a few in M21 too, and there's threaten-likes in all the sets

+1/+1 Counters was one of the best decks in M21 GW, and one of the worst decks in ZNR in BG

Self Mill reanimator in Ikoria BG (good but requires uncommons) and M21 UB (black is real bad in M21 aside from a couple removal spells)

UR Prowess in M21 wasn't bad, and there's a slight spells matter theme in Ikoria mostly in red

I'm sure there are others I can't think of right now, look at all the gold uncommons from those sets for an idea of what each pair is trying to do.

UR Wizards in Zendikar is an example of a tribal deck that might just work outside of the set, since it keys off instants and sorceries too. Relic Amulet could go a long way. Plus the blue spells/wizards are just really powerful at common.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

someone posted that this is based off this gisa card:

Lone Goat posted:

thanks for the brief rundown. that link to the signpost uncommons is actually a good idea!

edit: holy cow i just read it again... the format is sealed. might have _some_ synergies... but the packs will be random.

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Oct 30, 2021

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Normal people: Wow this card is so cute

Goons: This card where two women, who are described as partners, stare lovingly into eachothers eyes is not gay enough.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Oct 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Paul Zuvella posted:

Normal people: Wow this card is so cute

Goons: This card where two women, who are described as partners, stare lovingly into eachothers eyes is not gay enough.

exactly, it isn't, problem?