Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Hooplah posted:

dhalgren by samuel r delaney

i dont care that youre talking to bust and not me. i just want an excuse to bring that book up because it feels like no ones heard of it and its really good

one of the best opening sentences of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Smythe posted:

and then the D&D forum collectively sucks their dicks LOL. got em

:bravo::bravo::blastu::blastu:

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
i really like the bryan + felix + chris james trio for shocktober. chris is much funnier than anyone on chapo besides felix and they riff together well

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Chris is mostly fine but he hard interrupts every other clip to make a small joke every few seconds instead of just waiting for the clip to play and then doing a bunch of jokes about it which is vaguely annoying!!!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wolfsheim posted:

Chris is mostly fine but he hard interrupts every other clip to make a small joke every few seconds instead of just waiting for the clip to play and then doing a bunch of jokes about it which is vaguely annoying!!!

One important broadcasting skill that isn't really noticeable until you encounter people who lack it is "the ability to know when not to talk." When you actually start paying attention to it, you'll notice that most of the better podcasts don't talk over each other frequently.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Ytlaya posted:

One important broadcasting skill that isn't really noticeable until you encounter people who lack it is "the ability to know when not to talk." When you actually start paying attention to it, you'll notice that most of the better podcasts don't talk over each other frequently.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
sometimes it's really funny listening to him sputtering so hard to explain something, while remembering details. like, he is a good counterpart to bryan on most of shocktober. really helps when felix is around though

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

tokin opposition posted:

The only medium to do sci Fi correctly is anime

GITS baybee

If that Gundam movie actually happens and is good, we could be in a situation where Dune and Gundam are the biggest scifi franchises in America. Thus saving cinema

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Honest Thief posted:

I honestly believe leto is a sex creep on the level of weinstein so having him as a rich corporate leader who torments people with copies of their loved ones worked well enough

That scene where he births a replicant and then kills her in front of Luv was excellent.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Every time I see "Leto" I get confused for a sec and think we're still talking about Dune

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Duke Jared Leto would have been amusing. Really rooting for the Baron on that one.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Gripweed posted:

If that Gundam movie actually happens and is good, we could be in a situation where Dune and Gundam are the biggest scifi franchises in America. Thus saving cinema

smdh forgetting G-Saviour

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Shipon posted:

smdh forgetting G-Saviour

G-Savior was neither very good or popular. Also I believe it was Canadian, not American

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Dmitri-9 posted:

That scene where he births a replicant and then kills her in front of Luv was excellent.

yeah like hes a creepy weirdo on both sides of the screen but he's the bad guy and he's only actually in two scenes. I will grant that the last third of the movie being about Harrison Ford feigning enthusiasm wasn't a great idea

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

crepeface posted:

this ep is real loose and i have no idea what these guys are talking about

okay yeah it was not a good episode

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
all podcasts need a will

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

Wolfsheim posted:

dunno what you’re talking about. tuna tuna tuna fish

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
episode so bad I wish Felix was still sleeping at Hassan’s house

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Howard Stern is such a small business tyrant.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
any good episodes of funny podcasts lately?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

crepeface posted:

all podcasts need a will

an uneasy reading as someone tries to bequeath a podcast to one of the owner's sons

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Judakel posted:

No

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

cumtown is an exception to most Rules of Podcasting

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-SAis5b7c0

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Victory Position posted:

an uneasy reading as someone tries to bequeath a podcast to one of the owner's sons

lol

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Piranesi by Susanna Clarke

I don't care you didn't ask I just wanted to say it sucked! It's bad!

you have bad taste, that’s an extremely good book.

the last book I read was Anthony and Cleopatra, by Collen McClollough

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Ytlaya posted:

cumtown is an exception to most Rules of Podcasting

That one podcast where they're absolutely baffled that cumtown opens without a theme song or the hosts introducing themselves or even trying to stay on topic lol

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Hooplah posted:

dhalgren by samuel r delaney

i dont care that youre talking to bust and not me. i just want an excuse to bring that book up because it feels like no ones heard of it and its really good

:hmmyes:

Delaney rules, and more people should read him. Dhalgren owns.

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

Toph Bei Fong posted:

:hmmyes:

Delaney rules, and more people should read him. Dhalgren owns.

i tried to read stars in my pocket like grains of sand. the prologue was excellent. the rest was tedious trash (did not finish it)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Victory Position posted:

my father was a podcaster. And his father was a podcaster. And his father’s father…

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Wolfsheim posted:

That one podcast where they're absolutely baffled that cumtown opens without a theme song or the hosts introducing themselves or even trying to stay on topic lol

ah, so much better, simpler times

that felt like a lifetime ago

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

new alab :eyepop:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Judakel posted:

The E1 two-parter, Who Shot Dr. Yinz?, was good.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Reverend Zero posted:

dasha looks like what u would get if somebody fed a beanytuesday doodle into the bio-reconstruction machine from fifth element

She looks like young Chloe Sevigney

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Judakel posted:

latest cum towns are okay, nothing special though. adam making GBS threads his pants, and not getting stav a sandwich, was the last really good one.

trying to get into pod about list, i'm enjoying it but idk if i'd say it's super funny and still trying to learn the hosts names-voices because they all sound like adam

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

a Loving Dog posted:

She looks like young Chloe Sevigney

If you say so bud

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
chloe does not look as dog like and skeletal

dasha looks like a mexican hairless dog

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

honestly, even without money adam was out of dasha's league

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
there's a better chance in nyc of someone who looks like adam being wealthy, or otherwise connected in a way that could help you. like say getting a call to not go in to work a certain morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

Judakel posted:

dasha looks like a mexican hairless dog

she’s beautiful i agree