Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Those are presumably house common areas on the ends there and from what I can tell the design philosophy is to make your personal space so unpleasant that you seek out the common space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Another crappy Cube movie in the works.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Humphreys posted:

Sometimes I think I am a better person for not knowing who all these people are and not terminally online enough to care or have a stake/instant knowledge.

Then I remember I was around for Romeo Rose.

Thought I'd google to check in

I think the city council member they're talking about was actually a goon (or a friend of a goon?) because as always, SA touches the poop

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

1 toilet per 8 units. Prisons have one toilet per unit. Imagine being 7th in line for your post party grog bog on a Sunday morning.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

*bangs gavel* In light of your crimes, I hereby sentence you to UCSB

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Isn't it two per 8?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
[extremely UCSB administration voice]

Imagine Grenfell Tower, but it's also a gulag

e: and we charge occupants six figures

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

:yeshaha:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

marjorie posted:

I was really confused on the math of this at first, but it's 8 of those units per "house," with 8 "houses" per floor. Looking at this floorplan really hammers in the depressing interior-locked nature of this arrangement.

When I was in college, kids in the dorms pulled the fire alarm every day for almost a month.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

koshmar posted:

He somehow managed to design a building that minimizes the amount of units facing the exterior. The lack of windows is literally a feature rather than a byproduct.

It’s legitimately evil.

He stole the idea...
https://i.imgur.com/Ir4bsej.mp4

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Isn't it two per 8?

Rebel Blob posted:

The plan is to have 8 units like this per floor on nine floors:

I guess the sink and shower could do double duty in a pinch

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

I guess the sink and shower could do double duty in a pinch

Yeah, look at the room behind the obvious bathroom, the tile pattern suggests its another bathroom, also there are eight clear bedrooms that you can also identify.

That said, four people to a bathroom is still poo poo. They really should go full dystopia. Stack the beds in four high soundproof pods.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Admiral Joeslop posted:

A man in touch with what college students need or want.

it's a fuckin clint howard/mitch mcconnell mashup

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Yeah, look at the room behind the obvious bathroom, the tile pattern suggests its another bathroom, also there are eight clear bedrooms that you can also identify.

That said, four people to a bathroom is still poo poo. They really should go full dystopia. Stack the beds in four high soundproof pods.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
"The kids are really into these tiny homes, my great granddaughter can't stop talkin' about 'em. What if we did that for these college kids, teach 'em early to make more with less."

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

The eight students would need to make an agreement - one bathroom for sober use and the second bathroom is the vomitorium and for wild uncontrolled drunken pisses.

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
Lol my military dorms were bigger than that and each one had a bathroom.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Liquid Chicken posted:

The eight students would need to make an agreement - one bathroom for sober use and the second bathroom is the vomitorium and for wild uncontrolled drunken pisses.

How are you going to hold people to the agreement when they are drunk?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

LibCrusher posted:

Lol my military dorms were bigger than that and each one had a bathroom.

These are prison cells in Norway.

They have windows.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Good lord what an oppressive and horrifically dangerous building. I know fire codes have been brought up before but is that even legal in California? Here it's absolutely illegal to have a bedroom without a window (although that doesn't stop landlords from calling something a bedroom).

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

My favorite part of this is the house organization gimmick where you'll have to go round the alphabet three times to name them all.

I'm an 8c man myself!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Powershift posted:

These are prison cells in Norway.

They have windows.

Lol I've had hotel rooms in England and Germany that were way tinier than that. His I should've been committing crimes in Norway all along :rip:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Imagine being the person sleeping sandwiched between the shitter and the outside wall.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
So what I'm seeing is an evil billionaire designed a death trap and found the perfect way to lure in college students.
The man is a genius, and my hero.

Redonionking
Mar 13, 2001

I AM A BRILLIANT HAMOLOGIST
Grimey Drawer

Now that's gonna be playing in my head all night.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I need to go do Norway Crimes

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Redonionking posted:

Now that's gonna be playing in my head all night.

The song (obv) precedes the excellent movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aeBq5H3O2I

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

I'm an 8c man myself!

I lived in an 8-D for a year.
Tax: trash can full of whip its.

UwUnabomber fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 30, 2021

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
The Borg have invaded earth and are assimilating college students.

First time there is a fire, over the p.a. system: "egress is futile".

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Admiral Joeslop posted:

A man in touch with what college students need or want.

He looks exactly like the filthy Capitalist caricature I expected, he's just missing a top hat, monacle, and snout.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Skulk Hogan posted:

I lived in an 8-D for a year.
Tax: trash can full of whip its.

drat that is cursed... they're all spent

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Picnic Princess posted:

He looks exactly like the filthy Capitalist caricature I expected, he's just missing a top hat, monacle, and snout.

Let's face facts. He looks like every senator.

Whoa brah, you look slightly less like Mitch McConnel.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20171018-this-is-the-face-of-the-average-american-politician

:hfive:

Hey kids, I have more money than you can ever earn in a lifetime. And here's what I'm going to do with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lIqNjC1RKU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Harry Potter sorting hat but it has to read through like fifty dumb names to get you to your dorm

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
!!NWS!! God-drat, Someone Call an Exorcist on This Dick !!NWS!!

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

There are disprovable logs from kiwifarms trying to paint Shmorky as a pedophile; I found it suspicious, given KF history and Lowtax's pattern of abuse, especially in light of recent events.

Bullies will pick targets that other people won't defend, and a diaper furry fetishist is real low on the defensibility index; it's definitely something I find troubling, but I intentionally try not to judge what kinda poo poo gets people off as a personal trait if it's consensual between adults.

Kinda sorta knowing what went down between Shmorky and their ex years ago via several first/second hand accountings, no, Shmorky absolutely sucks a lot and some poo poo they did hits lowtax standards of hosed up

Not the thread to go into detail but yeah ask in the sagas thread or something if you want to know

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Round the twist's gritty R18 remake

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

HiroProtagonist posted:

Kinda sorta knowing what went down between Shmorky and their ex years ago via several first/second hand accountings, no, Shmorky absolutely sucks a lot and some poo poo they did hits lowtax standards of hosed up

Not the thread to go into detail but yeah ask in the sagas thread or something if you want to know

back then it sounded to me like two people that really need professional help found each other instead of professional help

I was relieved when they disappeared from the radar of kiwifarms instead of becoming Chris-chan 2.0

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Yall should talk about shmorky in the PYF SA storeis and sagas thread and post curses in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

E: