Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
delta sqad has moved on. we're having a lincoln-douglas debate about soaking now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Dalmuti posted:

delta sqad has moved on. we're having a lincoln-douglas debate about soaking now

it's hilarious that the whole notion of soaking presumes god's vision is like that of a t-rex, so if you don't move he doesn't see it as loving

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Mederlock posted:

Ah, the ol' resorting to ad hominem attack thing instead of actually engaging with the discussion. Why even bring up your (probably incorrect) opinion if you're not going to defend it? And yeah that was auto-correct doing its cursed thing.

You kramered in telling me my opinion is wrong, I have no idea who you are, and also gently caress you.

Krabswarm is bad, both in culture and doctrine, and could Do Better but they don't.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Jazzzzz posted:

it's hilarious that the whole notion of soaking presumes god's vision is like that of a t-rex, so if you don't move he doesn't see it as loving

Religion is full of people trying to get by on technicalities, just look at stuff like Sabbath ovens/lights/elevators.

Which is funny because you'd think religious "laws" the spirit of the law would matter more than the letter.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

dragonshardz posted:

You kramered in telling me my opinion is wrong, I have no idea who you are, and also gently caress you.

Krabswarm is bad, both in culture and doctrine, and could Do Better but they don't.

On that point we both agree. gently caress you too bud

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Floppychop posted:

Religion is full of people trying to get by on technicalities, just look at stuff like Sabbath ovens/lights/elevators.

For a time of rest. The Sabbath is a ton of work.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

i wanted to lose at eve for a bit with a friend but all my accounts have 2 factor auths I no longer have stored on my phone and getting them back seems like an impossible process because the GM replies once every 3 days and is asking for information about the accounts from 6 years ago that I'll never remember

thanks for listening

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

NtotheTC posted:

i wanted to lose at eve for a bit with a friend but all my accounts have 2 factor auths I no longer have stored on my phone and getting them back seems like an impossible process because the GM replies once every 3 days and is asking for information about the accounts from 6 years ago that I'll never remember

thanks for listening

Condolences. Hope you can get your accounts back.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

NtotheTC posted:

thanks for listening

If you remember the old cc you used to subscribe or an old password for the account that's usually enough.

space kobold
Oct 3, 2009

I'm returning to this dumb space game after something like a decade+. Is space fun?

I really can't be assed to figure out any of the old account details/names/whatever. The new player experience looks way better these days at least.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Same, I have no idea what random name/account/email I used for my mining carebear character and found that the game has changed so much that it would be like starting again anyway.

Funnily enough I joined SA because I was bored with the game and goons were the new big thing - I paid my $10 thinking about joining at some point, but ended up quitting EVE and procrastinating here instead. So it’s been my reg date ago since I last played

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
It's your past self saving your future self from EVE online

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

learnincurve posted:

Same, I have no idea what random name/account/email I used for my mining carebear character and found that the game has changed so much that it would be like starting again anyway.

Funnily enough I joined SA because I was bored with the game and goons were the new big thing - I paid my $10 thinking about joining at some point, but ended up quitting EVE and procrastinating here instead. So it’s been my reg date ago since I last played

At least you enjoyed the forums in the interim

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m kind of glad no one saw me learning to play the game 10 years ago, it’s still not exactly intuitive.

One thing that painful, they moved undock. It used to be bottom left, now it’s top right and I will never be able to remember this.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

learnincurve posted:

I’m kind of glad no one saw me learning to play the game 10 years ago, it’s still not exactly intuitive.

One thing that painful, they moved undock. It used to be bottom left, now it’s top right and I will never be able to remember this.

I wonder how that affected the bots

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013
Change the Y location of that click up to 80% of screen hight pixels or such. So probably a few hours of why isn't this working and then download patch. Or probably fixed before live if it was shown on sisi

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Fqubed posted:

Change the Y location of that click up to 80% of screen hight pixels or such. So probably a few hours of why isn't this working and then download patch. Or probably fixed before live if it was shown on sisi

Makes sense. Death to bots.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have wasted days days of my eve time not being in 0.0

BIgDevine
Sep 24, 2018
Just been on my first fleet in pochven with a fellow sa goon as the FC. Made a poo poo ton of isk, got a few pvp kills, made it back to base. Someone even loaned me the praxis I was in. Good people right there.

I can’t see we’re all the anger towards krabswarm is they seem great to me. There literally putting isk in my pocket to ship me up for the next war.

Pochven is an isk printing monster!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
So first day in 0.0 courtesy of some bugger camping the station at amarr

Goons in home system are super awesome, got given a wee mining ship and a tacking frig within 30 seconds, and then in the evening mentioned that I was after newbie bpcs in local and a kind soul set up a few contracts for me.

So yeh goons in space are good and cool.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Is the GoonWaffe joining stuff in the OP still relevant? If I do get my accounts back it would be cool to sponsor my friends in, god knows I'm not the one to teach them about the game I can't remember a thing

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

BIgDevine posted:

I can’t see we’re all the anger towards krabswarm is they seem great to me. There literally putting isk in my pocket to ship me up for the next war.

The problem is when goons get dumb and greedy and start throwing tantrums and making drama over not getting maximum isk/hr from said faucet.

iirc the last krabswarm drama was a week or two back, so I'm assuming some idiots got airlocked and everyone's toeing the line now.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

NtotheTC posted:

Is the GoonWaffe joining stuff in the OP still relevant? If I do get my accounts back it would be cool to sponsor my friends in, god knows I'm not the one to teach them about the game I can't remember a thing

Yeh the OP is up to date, there is a whole step by step process vis the website. Pretty fast as well, like they need you to prove you are forums you and whatnot.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
I killed a Garmur with a my meme slicer this weekend, I had no prop mod + max tank, managed to grab him sliding into a FW plex - he also had 4 blingy mid slots so it was excellent that 90% drop rate is on right now :D

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Waiting on tranquility to come up like a dog waiting for the door because I need to travel 25 jumps through high sec to sell some poo poo.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

learnincurve posted:

Waiting on tranquility to come up like a dog waiting for the door because I need to travel 25 jumps through high sec to sell some poo poo.

Pay a pubby 75 isk/m3 to move it on a public courier. Pubbies love that poo poo.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s an exhumer I can’t fly and bought accidentally because I’m a chuffing idiot whose small dog jumped on her knee at exactly the wrong moment.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Still applies. Or if it's already in highsec, just put it up where it is for slightly below Jita. Pubbies have no concept of the value of time and will spend an hour flying through highsec to save one lousy million on a ship.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I have my characters back! However I'm getting a 500 error when trying to (re-)register them on the Goonswam ESI page, I looked in GS_Help but it appears to be empty- where's the best place to go for help these days?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

NtotheTC posted:

I have my characters back! However I'm getting a 500 error when trying to (re-)register them on the Goonswam ESI page, I looked in GS_Help but it appears to be empty- where's the best place to go for help these days?

People were talking about a server bug this morning, I’ll ask in-game for you.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Not just you, people in alliance trying to register alts are having the same issue, but from what I wasn’t paying much attention to it’s a known thing people are working on.

edit: sending DM

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 1, 2021

BIgDevine
Sep 24, 2018
Today I went on a fleet, bomber fit, couldn’t fit t2 so said I’d fit t1. Some one on coms said ‘make sure to bring faction’. Today I learnt they meant ammo not modules.

It was an expensive lesson, just yeeted about 400m when if I’d fitted t1 probs would of been 50m.

Enjoy my misery.

Edit: I might try SRP it for the lol’s

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013

BIgDevine posted:

Ehhh you may get normal level SRP.

Also if an ally looted your wreak maybe they can contract it to you

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Pay a pubby 75 isk/m3 to move it on a public courier. Pubbies love that poo poo.

I'll do it as long as all of the jumps are in high sec. If anyone needs their garbage hauled around high sec, let me know.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

BIgDevine posted:

Today I went on a fleet, bomber fit, couldn’t fit t2 so said I’d fit t1. Some one on coms said ‘make sure to bring faction’. Today I learnt they meant ammo not modules.

It was an expensive lesson, just yeeted about 400m when if I’d fitted t1 probs would of been 50m.

Enjoy my misery.

So that was you they were talking about in local :haw:

If it’s any consolation they think you are a baller playing your own way,

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
still laughing at the fact that Krabswarm is so loving terrible that they formed 4-5 dudes for their pochven astrahus timer yesterday
They are worthless loving krabs

BIgDevine
Sep 24, 2018

learnincurve posted:

So that was you they were talking about in local :haw:

If it’s any consolation they think you are a baller playing your own way,

They was talking about me in local? Well I’ll take the complement of baller haha

Won’t be balling again for a while tho

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Solus posted:

still laughing at the fact that Krabswarm is so loving terrible that they formed 4-5 dudes for their pochven astrahus timer yesterday
They are worthless loving krabs

I mean, don't we have alliance directors responsible for that stuff now or no?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Yeah and the response is "It's a Krabswarm Astrahus. Why the gently caress are they not forming to defend it?"
We arranged allies to come and help and krabswarm basically blueballed them all by not coming to the party. Absolute waste of time and money buying that poo poo lmao

Its even funnier when i remember that they purchased structures midway through the war and almost demanded we leave delve to come to shithole triangle space to come defend them - despite them buying them entirely without the alliances knowledge. Real great way to set the mood

Solus fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
Yeah krabhauses dont generally get alliance level protection unless you can easily facilitate their coming/going. When we'd get hit by BL or PH up in venal we'd hire pathfinders to get a WH nearby and then get up with skirmish command.

Then we'd have to make bookmarks, a grid of them per structure, and try to provide some sorta help beyond just a gunner, like an ECM wing or something