Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Now that I've got my traveler's 6th constellation, I'll probably wait a few months before trying to get the rest of those things. I wanted additional stamina, drat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's surprisingly easy with the finder tbh. But it's not going anywhere so do it whenever.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Oct 30, 2021

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

BabyRyoga posted:

What is the point of doing an artifact route? I've basically just been saccing my 4s to power up 5s worth keeping, and recycling 5s at the craft bench for a chance at better Noblise set pieces. I've never ran out of fodder 4s to power up stuff, as I get trash 4s way faster than 5s worth powering.

Doing the artifact route is really drat useful if you decide to kit out all of your characters. I run artifact domains until I have a good main stat and at least 2 good substats, then I stick them on characters that I plan to level. About half of my best artifacts were things that had Crit DMG/flat ATK/EM/ and Flat def sub stats but every single roll went into Crit DMG, thus making them really good.

One of my long term goals is to make every single character abyss ready. That include a full set of artifacts.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

ninjoatse.cx posted:

One of my long term goals is to make every single character abyss ready. That include a full set of artifacts.

same. i want all my children to be happy.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I haven't done artifact runs since like 1.3 because running around the map not killing things sounds like a chore. Are they still on an exact 24h timer? Doesn't that get annoying to do daily unless you have superhuman timing?

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
I just visit the areas with the most clustered interact spots, and do them whenever during the day. If you put off collecting them to the next time that's more convenient for you because of the 24hr reset timer it's not a big deal.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

kater posted:

So no more islands?

The next area that we'll visit is probably gonna be Enkanomiya, Watatsumi's old underwater city from before their god brought them to the surface.
You go all the way through the multi-part Moon-Bathed deep questline to get the key to Enkanomiya and then the questgiver just yoinks it outta your hands and says "welp now we have to get Kokomi's permission to use it, check back later".

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

No Wave posted:

Plus, there isn't anything major like a stamina bar you're unlocking, it's just a constellation for traveler that no one knows anything about.

I had to unlock the last shrine, it was for something more important than stamina: namecards

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

I haven't done artifact runs since like 1.3 because running around the map not killing things sounds like a chore. Are they still on an exact 24h timer? Doesn't that get annoying to do daily unless you have superhuman timing?
The 24 hour reset is the only really annoying thing about it yeah. Missing a day isn't a big deal if you need to reset.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Oct 30, 2021

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

I have an echo show on my desk. I just say "alexa, set alarm for [5 minutes later than today's alarm], tomorrow" If it goes off when I'm busy, I just line up one of my tea tins in front of my monitor to remind me to do it when I'm free. When I start, then I set tomorrow's alarm.

I also have a daily alarm for the daily check in https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/ys/event/signin-sea/index.html?act_id=e202102251931481

No Wave posted:

The 24 hour reset is the only really annoying thing about it yeah. Missing a day isn't a big deal if you need to reset.

There are still a fair amount that respawn ever 12 hours, so if you have those marked differently, you can just do those.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
I should probably do the artifact routes. I just spent a bunch of time and resin getting sets for Pyro Dps and Noelle so I could not have to switch my gladiator generic sets around every time I changed teams.

If Noelle is using Serpent’s spine, is crit rate or crit damage better for the hat artifact? I’ve got both on retracting bolide.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i did not know the labyrinth would be so rude as to ban Hu Tao specifically from healing, took her out of commission for most of the remaining floor :sigh:

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

If Noelle is using Serpent’s spine, is crit rate or crit damage better for the hat artifact? I’ve got both on retracting bolide.

SS is a CR weapon, so you probably need CD, but whatever gets you a better 1:2 ratio. So if you had 50% CR, you'd want 100% CD.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Zhongli's thing is climbable and Albedo's is an elevator.

For weights, nearly every summoned object works. All the climable geo things plus Ning's screen, Amber's bunny, Guoba, and Oz for some reason even though he literally flies. Probably Mona/Kokomi/Ganyu too but I don't own any of those.

Also, unlike Geo MC's rock, it isn't a nuke skill that wants you to drop it directly on top of enemies to do damage, so it's way easier to put it off to the side where it won't get in your way. And you only resummon it 1/5th as often.

Mona's and Ganyu's skills work, Kokomi's doesn't even when placed directly at the center - tested all with Stone Gate plate.

kater posted:

So no more islands?

There's still the last 10 levels of Sakura tree, not sure how they'll implement those.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

There are still a fair amount that respawn ever 12 hours, so if you have those marked differently, you can just do those.

Most notoriously the artifact wine cellar west of Liyue's swamp tree inn that has something like 6 - 8 artifacts.

Sanya Juutilainen fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 30, 2021

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

There's still the last 10 levels of Sakura tree, not sure how they'll implement those.

And after that there's the jewelry shop in Inazuma that will presumably get their inventory sorted at some point and start selling things in exchange for electro sigils.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Depends on what you need. If you've got 48 crit and 159 dmg then you need more crit rate. 89 crit and 77 dmg means more crit dmg.

Maxwell Adams posted:

And after that there's the jewelry shop in Inazuma that will presumably get their inventory sorted at some point and start selling things in exchange for electro sigils.

I wish the quests gave you sigils because I'm still not at 40 yet. :negative: Are we done with tsurumi island quests for this patch or will there be another one in a few hours? I destroyed the perches and that seems to be the end of them.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Looking forward to a new abyss to complain about. This game is alright. :toot:

gandlethorpe posted:

Just skip a day every once a while.

The Serai island statue of the seven area + broken ship are the motherlodes. There's a few teleport and grabs but anything else that requires moving is just not worth the effort. Tatarasuna has a good route, but it doesn't hold a torch to what's on Serai.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

RareAcumen posted:

Are we done with tsurumi island quests for this patch or will there be another one in a few hours? I destroyed the perches and that seems to be the end of them.
There are a bunch (~8) hidden, untracked quests on Tsurumi Island once you finish its main quest.

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

Depends on what you need. If you've got 48 crit and 159 dmg then you need more crit rate. 89 crit and 77 dmg means more crit dmg.

I wish the quests gave you sigils because I'm still not at 40 yet. :negative: Are we done with tsurumi island quests for this patch or will there be another one in a few hours? I destroyed the perches and that seems to be the end of them.

destroying the perches isnt the last step in the main quest

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Accidentally selected Serious instead of Dire on one of the fights so now I'm 100 tokens short of clearing the shop. Good thing I saved the ascension crystals for the end.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
for all the :words: they threw at us in this event, that the last day's mini-quest was just a few lines getting straight to the point sure is hilarious

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

super sweet best pal posted:

Accidentally selected Serious instead of Dire on one of the fights so now I'm 100 tokens short of clearing the shop. Good thing I saved the ascension crystals for the end.
Yeah I'm 40 short probably not going to bother doing it over for 4 mystic enhancement ore.

As an fyi for anyone who cares the last challenge gives 0 rewards of any kind, no chest rooms either.

Bazinga!
Dec 15, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

No Wave posted:

Yeah I'm 40 short probably not going to bother doing it over for 4 mystic enhancement ore.

Note that you don't have to redo the whole level to get your missing tokens: you can do a few rooms and quit, and even do it repeatedly. I think I got 160 tokens from just doing one basic room and one where you select the dire difficulty.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Bazinga! posted:

Note that you don't have to redo the whole level to get your missing tokens: you can do a few rooms and quit, and even do it repeatedly. I think I got 160 tokens from just doing one basic room and one where you select the dire difficulty.
Nice, looks like one room was exactly 40 tokens! Ty.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Vibrating as I wait for Hu Tao

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm very excite

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Ok, I think she’s got like 40% cr and 98% cd or something around that so I’ll keep her where she’s at. Thanks!

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I failed the real challenge of the event, reading and did the last challenge for no reward.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
Only once I started artifact hunting do I now know how bad it is

Trying to get a severed fate goblet w pyro% for XL

1 5* per run (2 if you use condensed resin)
2 sets, each with 5 pieces, so that's already a 10% chance of the 5* being a severed fate goblet
and there's 11 different main stats, pyro hydro electro geo cryo anemo physical atk hp healing def

so it's a less than 1% chance per run of getting a severed fate goblet with pyro%

and then there are the substats, egh

a great artifact is probably 1 in 5000

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Boat Stuck posted:

2 sets, each with 5 pieces, so that's already a 10% chance of the 5* being a severed fate goblet
and there's 10 different main stats, pyro hydro electro geo cryo anemo physical atk hp healing

so it's a 1% chance per run of getting a severed fate goblet with pyro%

And that is why people usually recommend offset goblets

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Boat Stuck posted:

and there's 11 different main stats, pyro hydro electro geo cryo anemo physical atk hp healing def

so it's a less than 1% chance per run of getting a severed fate goblet with pyro%

You forgot def and EM, and healing% is only on hats iirc. Also they're weighted odds.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Boat Stuck posted:

If you'd like to solidify just how bad it is:

https://grumd.github.io/genshin-artifact-farm-calculator/

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

raverrn posted:

If you'd like to solidify just how bad it is:

https://grumd.github.io/genshin-artifact-farm-calculator/

Half a percent for any specific element damage with its set, jesus.

Never realized how lucky I was to get a VV goblet with anemo damage, even if it’s only a 4*

Kale
May 14, 2010

Tanreall posted:

I failed the real challenge of the event, reading and did the last challenge for no reward.

Literally same. Doubt I'll need the 1500 since I tend to fill out the battle pass with 12 days left. Maybe it will be 9 or something this time.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I was a bit dumbstruck when I saw all the zeros at the end. I mean I guess I didn’t need anything more but why are you showing this to me! Just give me a check mark or something.

Or really just load another floor why does it end why is there a high score line that ends at 2.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The last one was fun, half of my team died at the first level's boss (drat explosions!) and then I cleared it and half of the second floor with pure Noel + Kokomi immortal setup.

Hope they are using it for future abyss replacement testing ww

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

is there any real point in doing the last trial or is it just for fun?

e: o lol it's already been said this page, guess I should read first

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Keqing is so loving cool

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

kater posted:

I was a bit dumbstruck when I saw all the zeros at the end. I mean I guess I didn’t need anything more but why are you showing this to me! Just give me a check mark or something.

Or really just load another floor why does it end why is there a high score line that ends at 2.

it ended right as it was getting fun. I don't think this event should replace the abyss, but it should be made permanent and have cycles with different buffs/enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

padijun posted:

it ended right as it was getting fun. I don't think this event should replace the abyss, but it should be made permanent and have cycles with different buffs/enemies.

Some of what shiki taishou said at the end implied that it would be a recurring event.